Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3
Samurai Jack is returning
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#1 Posted: 04:51:02 10/03/2017 | Topic Creator
We are getting a season 5, and it airs in less then 2 days.

*screams in excitement*
Now I need to rewatch the last 4 seasons, haven't watched Samurai Jack in years
Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! next?
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#2 Posted: 04:56:42 10/03/2017
This has been known for like a year now?

But yeah, Genndy Tartakovsky wanted to wrap up the show to give it an ending rather than just leaving it open with Jack still questing like the series originally ended off after Cartoon Network cancelled it. This is meant as a one season run to give it the proper ending Tartakovsky had always wanted.

Would be great if Toonami could do the same for Teen Titans to resolve the cliffhanger ending that season 5 left us with.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#3 Posted: 05:00:31 10/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Seiki
This has been known for like a year now?

But yeah, Genndy Tartakovsky wanted to wrap up the show to give it an ending rather than just leaving it open with Jack still questing like the series originally ended off after Cartoon Network cancelled it. This is meant as a one season run to give it the proper ending Tartakovsky had always wanted.

Would be great if Toonami could do the same for Teen Titans to resolve the cliffhanger ending that season 5 left us with.

I just found out that Jack is getting a new season smilie sorry I was a bit behind on the news.

And I agree so much with giving us an ending to Teen Titans, Teen Titans Go is so bad that it literally had an episode mocking it being a terrible remake of an actual good show.
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#4 Posted: 05:02:42 10/03/2017
Huh, I never watched the original so I don't really know anything about it.

Didn't it like, lack any dialogue at all or something like that?
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
#5 Posted: 05:09:05 10/03/2017
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Huh, I never watched the original so I don't really know anything about it.

Didn't it like, lack any dialogue at all or something like that?

No? It had dialogue.

The opening monologue:
"Long ago in a distant land, I Aku, the shape-shifting Master of Darkness unleashed an unspeakable evil; but a foolish samurai warrior wielding a magic sword stepped forth to oppose me. Before the final blow was struck, I tore open a portal in time and flung him into the future where my evil is law. Now the fool seeks to return to the past and undo the future that is Aku."

The show then went on following a samurai warrior from the distant past of Japan dealing with living in a future now dominated by aliens and technology as he went around fighting off the forces of the most powerful form of evil named Aku and trying to protect the more peaceful and defenseless citizens of this foreign time while wandering around trying to find a way to travel through time to return home. A number of episodes did have him find a method to accomplish this, but there was usually a catch of some kind that prevented him from being able to use it.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:13:38 10/03/2017 by Seiki
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#6 Posted: 05:47:06 10/03/2017
Ah. As I said, I never saw it nor did I know anything about it.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#7 Posted: 11:02:09 10/03/2017
I need to watch the original show first before I dive into the new season.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 11:21:32 10/03/2017
I watched and loved it but I remember very little other than what showed up on TV Tropes. It's a very long show though, get ready to binge all 4 original seasons if you want to get all the callbacks.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#9 Posted: 16:39:43 10/03/2017
GOTTA GET BACK, BACK TO THE PAST!

SAMURAI JACK!

I gotta watch the series as well. I know there's a four season box set. I should look for it sometime.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
wspyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 4422
#10 Posted: 22:57:06 10/03/2017
i remember being super hyped whenever it came on back then.
idk how it would hold up to my taste now but im def looking forward to seeing it again.
#11 Posted: 20:57:45 11/03/2017
AS is going to be livestreaming the first episode, apparently for free, today

I hope I'll have time I don't even know which timezone
---
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#12 Posted: 23:59:01 11/03/2017
Do we think he'll ever get back, back to the past now, come on ffs Jack.
---
^ You all know it's true
#13 Posted: 16:02:42 12/03/2017
Darn it, AS only kept archive of the Q&A :c

edit: Ok watched, 10/10 brings me back to the past

God dammit why Scaramouche has to be in the show where no minor villain makes it past the 22 minute mark
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:20:50 12/03/2017 by Bifrost
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#14 Posted: 20:07:13 12/03/2017
- - -

99% sure he's going to end up killing a person. The ending and the next episode's preview strongly hint at it.
Felines Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10223
#15 Posted: 21:32:55 19/03/2017
Anyone else saw the new episode. I mean... damn smilie
Sorry for the word, but it's the only word appropriate for it.
---
Real friends will be there... when you need them the most.
#16 Posted: 21:38:38 19/03/2017
If your words are inappropriate, wait until you hear about

Samurai "Never Too Young to Die" Jack and everything else about him now that he sliced a teenager(?)'s neck

Seriously this episode was just an emotional rollercoaster ride. Except for the wolf scenes, it was just a joy to watch.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:40:48 19/03/2017 by Bifrost
#17 Posted: 21:42:12 19/03/2017
That's precisely what I'm talking about. Him doing that, and just when I thought it couldn't get worse, that last scene... smilie
---
#18 Posted: 23:58:44 19/03/2017
Aku stated that there are no Time Portals left, so it seems that Jack has no choice but to fight Aku in the future. However, the one protected by the Guardian, who stated that Jack wasn't ready to go back yet, could still be there.

Quote: Bifrost
If your words are inappropriate, wait until you hear about

Samurai "Never Too Young to Die" Jack and everything else about him now that he sliced a teenager(?)'s neck

Seriously this episode was just an emotional rollercoaster ride. Except for the wolf scenes, it was just a joy to watch.

- - -

The common theory is that the wolf is foreshadowing: Jack is going to die while killing Aku.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:02:50 20/03/2017 by Metallo
#19 Posted: 00:18:03 20/03/2017
Dunno, the analogy felt more like a reference to Wolf's Rain(or so I heard haven't watched it) than a full metaphor.

The tigers are huge alien monsters and the Daughters are only human, which is exactly their issue. The whole hinting that one of them may sane up also gets in the way of the theory.

On the Portal:

The Guardian was said to be addressed in this season, so it's very possible Aku just beelined to portals that could be easily discovered. If Jack almost died to him, any minions trying to locate it must've been ripped to shreds before even considering passing the news.
---
#20 Posted: 03:25:56 21/03/2017
The tigers are huge alien monsters and the Daughters are only human, which is exactly their issue. The whole hinting that one of them may sane up also gets in the way of the theory.

The tigers could've represented the challenges Jack faces in general; I don't think they necessarily had to be the Daughters. But this is just conjecture. I don't like to dabble in theories anyway, I'd much rather wait and see it for myself.

- - -
#21 Posted: 14:00:00 26/03/2017
Welp they're starting to crack down on Youtube stuff. However, now you can buy the entire season on amazon for 20 bucks... Which I might have to consider but I don't think I can spare that much with the current currency exchange.

Today's episode:

BTFO literally everyone

And the wolf's contribution to the plot confirmed to be non-metaphor, minus the "get beaten, heal and then go **** someone up" parallel
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:06:49 26/03/2017 by Bifrost
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#22 Posted: 13:41:55 28/03/2017
I love me some Leafy and Keemstar.
#23 Posted: 14:11:59 28/03/2017
Wrong thread...?
---
#24 Posted: 03:28:28 09/04/2017
Today's episode-

hey we can bond over our traumatic experiences isn't that fun

Also RIP sisters 2 and 3 we didn't even see them off before the whale ate that forest
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:44:12 09/04/2017 by Bifrost
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#25 Posted: 15:38:27 09/04/2017
Today's episode-

hey we can bond over our traumatic experiences isn't that fun

Also RIP sisters 2 and 3 we didn't even see them off before the whale ate that forest

Correction

Today's Episode:

DIE SAMURAI SCUM DIE DIE DIE - Electric Boogaloo

Also ladybugs trigger traumatic flashbacks I always knew those bugs were never thrust worthy.
---
POPSMARTS!
#26 Posted: 16:45:08 09/04/2017
Ashi is a babe
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#27 Posted: 16:53:33 09/04/2017
I kinda loved this episode as much as ep2. Yeah, drama and action is cool, but seeing Jack finally starting to talk and crack jokes like so many characters he's met is adorable.

Well, until the Scotsman comes back next episode and throws any attempt of Jack having a voice in a situation to the ground.
---
#28 Posted: 18:46:10 09/04/2017
It was quite a nice episode, finally some character development smilie
---
#29 Posted: 20:57:54 09/04/2017
Pretty good episode IMO.

Don't think anyone was really surprised at Ashi's behavior, especially towards the end, but still a pretty good scene.

Well, until the Scotsman comes back next episode and throws any attempt of Jack having a voice in a situation to the ground.

How much you want to bet that he's going to die?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:58:15 09/04/2017 by Metallo
#30 Posted: 03:30:01 16/04/2017
Today in Samurai Jack

RIP in pieces Scotsman good on you for learning how to make force ghosts

And Jack was just looking for an excuse to break his vows
---
#31 Posted: 11:30:14 16/04/2017
Wonderful episode, a bit rushed, but I'm very happy with the direction we're going in.

Looks like Scotsman is gonna have a big role this season.
---
#32 Posted: 20:30:51 16/04/2017
Just watched the latest episode. Wow, things are... interesting, the first few episodes were still more intense, but I know it will all change.

Man, what happened to the Scotsman... I was kinda expecting it the way he was taunting Aku, but the way he was finished off... nothing I want to keep in my mind. But I guess he wanted that, didn't he? And all those daughters... he was busy for the last fifty years smilie

And about Ashi, I really like the way her character is developing. That guy in the robot suit really hit a nerve when he was taunting her, especially cause he was too right. I really like her right now, and it seems that's she's finally understanding Jack. But that mysterious figure he went with, it's driving me crazy of whom, or what it is smilie
---
Zakku Blue Sparx Gems: 799
#33 Posted: 17:35:23 17/04/2017
As much as I loved Mako's voice,

I'm actually kinda digging Aku's new voice.

Unpopular opinion.
---
Victory is achieved through mettle.
Glory is achieved through metal.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:35:49 17/04/2017 by Zakku
#34 Posted: 18:07:16 17/04/2017
^With that I agree. You can tell a mile away that it's not the same actor, but he did a good effort with the voice. Sounding different adds to the stress of the character and how much time has passed since the last confrontation.
---
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#35 Posted: 19:35:04 17/04/2017
spoilers:

jack knows who the mysterious rider is

jack knows who the mysterious rider is

what does this MEAN
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
#36 Posted: 21:10:12 17/04/2017
Of course he knows. Otherwise, why would he be so scared? smilie
---
#37 Posted: 00:07:14 18/04/2017
tbh... I kinda figured the rider is just a figment of Jack's imagination and acts as a psychological manifestation of his responsibilities and destiny as an honorable samurai warrior. Him leading Jack off is to represent him resolving to go back on his destined path and try to defeat Aku once and for all.

-----
---
#38 Posted: 00:10:12 18/04/2017
tbh... I kinda figured the rider is just a figment of Jack's imagination and acts as a psychological manifestation of his responsibilities and destiny as an honorable samurai warrior. Him leading Jack off is to represent him resolving to go back on his destined path and try to defeat Aku once and for all.

-----

It might be that that's not a bad idea. I kinda thought it represented Jack's suicidal thoughts, but its hard to tell fully.

Jack.
---
#39 Posted: 00:11:37 18/04/2017

-----

Not quite what they said in the preview though. I know that's unwanted spoilers for most people though, so I won't say anything else.

edit: also I told myself I wouldn't meme with such a good occasion, but I can't resist.

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:35:24 20/04/2017 by Bifrost
#40 Posted: 04:06:39 22/04/2017
What I gathered from the latest episode

-Under Jack's wing, Ashi may be even more powerful than him now (until he gets his sword back, that is)
-Jack has finally accepted the reality of what may happen if he faces Aku, and yet I get the sense that he will resume the journey anyway
-If I'm wrong about that second point, I predict that Scotsman's ghost will convince him
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:07:19 22/04/2017 by Metallo
#41 Posted: 04:45:01 22/04/2017
Well, we're halfway there, and tonight they will show the next episode. It's very Ashi oriented, so that is very welcoming. It will tell the story from another character's perspective other than Jack, which was already done with the Scotsman... and it was terrific!

Hmm... you know, this is an outrageous theory, but I think...

Maybe... just maybe, Ashi will be the one to defeat Aku due to Jack either wanting to give up or just be too tired and depressed to do the job himself. He was destined to be the one to defeat Aku, but what if it was told that way because it is due to him and his mission existing that Ashi was born in the first place? Maybe I'm overanalyzing it too much, but even if that isn't true, I do feel that Ashi will play a very big role in Aku's defeat nonetheless.

Either way, I look forward to the adventure. It makes me happy that Jack won't be alone this time, cause no doubt he won't be able to do this alone. He has Ashi's support, which is ironic considering how much she hated him. And of course, let's not forget the Scotsman. Everyone needs a charismatic guy like him to keep one's spirit uplift smilie
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:45:32 22/04/2017 by Felines
#42 Posted: 03:25:12 23/04/2017
I love this episode so much. All the nostalgia. 2 of my 3 favorite episodes were referenced. Also, omg I thought Demongo was dead!

-----
---
#43 Posted: 03:29:59 23/04/2017
Today's episode, nostalgia party.

And Scaramouche is alive! And broke the filter with one fell swoop!
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#44 Posted: 03:33:48 23/04/2017
wait skeletal mettaton is alive?

- - -
#45 Posted: 04:03:14 23/04/2017
Damn, this was a good episode.

My points:

-It's very clear that this is no longer a children's show. The first few episodes pushed the line, but this one absolutely crossed it. Which is awesome, of course, because their main target is the original audience, who are adults now.
-Scaramouch was hilarious at first, but I think if he keeps coming back it'll be really annoying. But that'll make it all the more satisfying when he's gone for good.
-The revelation about Ashi's "clothes" is creepy as hell, but her scraping them off is obvious symbolism. She is now 100% committed to Jack and his cause.
-The Horseman was kinda disappointing because everyone was expecting him to be a major character. But I think his death at Jack's hands is symbolic of Jack finally clearing his psyche and becoming mentally ready to continue his fight.
-After killing the Horseman, Jack's line about going to find his sword probably means that he's ready to end Aku. Perhaps he's accepted that since a return to the past is extremely unlikely, he will simply have to fight Aku in the future.
-This is episode 6, so we're over halfway done. Here are my predictions for the last four:
Episode 7: Jack and Ashi retrieve his sword.
Episode 8: The Scotsman's ghost rallies an army of all of Jack's former allies, they find Jack, and they all begin training for the final fight with Aku.
Episode 9: Jack and his allies travel to Aku's lair, fighting the strongest of his henchmen and finally confronting him.
Episode 10: The battle continues, and Aku is finally defeated. Jack will likely find the portal protected by the Guardian, who will tell Jack he is now ready to use it. Jack considers it until the souls of his parents and ancestors tell him that he is forgiven and that the future world will need a leader to help rebuild. With this in mind, Jack decides to stay in the future.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 04:12:42 23/04/2017 by Metallo
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#46 Posted: 11:56:43 23/04/2017
Should I watch the new season even though I haven't seen the original? I don't wanna miss out, but at the same time, I don't feel like going through several seasons of a show right now
#47 Posted: 12:24:02 23/04/2017
Loved everything about this episode. Scaramouche, Ashi's greater understanding of Jack's herosim, Ashi's nee outfit. Thungs seem to be coming together and it's gonna be big.

GOTTA GET BACK
---
#48 Posted: 13:29:16 23/04/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Should I watch the new season even though I haven't seen the original? I don't wanna miss out, but at the same time, I don't feel like going through several seasons of a show right now

Ideally? No. You rather should watch the original 4 seasons before watching this one. You will get the basic understanding of what Jack's mission is, but you will miss a lot of important details like why he's named Jack when that's very much not his real name, the importance of his sword, and overall why specifically Jack has to fight Aku.
---
#49 Posted: 13:36:57 23/04/2017
Didn't Tarkovsky post a list of required episodes somewhere? Might help.
---
#50 Posted: 01:09:18 24/04/2017
Well finally! It took me a while, but I finally watched the episode. It really was a nostalgia train all the way through. Though I am a little disappointed about the horseman as well. Anyway, these episodes are nowhere near as violent as the first half, but it is still going an adult way in the other things. I was particularly disturbed by...

Scaramouche's comment about his host's face when he left. Did he just said what I think he said?

I mean seriously, I was NOT expecting that. I may be exaggerating, but it just took me by so much by surprise! I think it was more disturbing than Ashi's revelation about, you know what smilie
---
Page 1 of 3 | Next | Last
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me