darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > I broke my Fire Crysal - can you help?
Page 1 of 1
I broke my Fire Crysal - can you help?
Coxula Blue Sparx Gems: 689
#1 Posted: 12:25:41 06/03/2017 | Topic Creator
I made something stupid and I think I broke my Fire Crystal. That's what happened:

In the menu I chose "Change Skylander" and put the Fire Crystal on the RFC reader. Then I was asked to chose a weapon class for it. Because to this point I hadn't decided which class I want to chose. So I tried to get out of the menu which wasn't possible. So I thought it is a good idea to turn off my Switch at this point - which was a fault.
Now the Fire Crystal is shown in my collection but when I put it on the RFC reader again the gaim crashes, telling me I have to restart the Switch. So I can't use the Crystal anymore.

I'm really sad about what I've done. It was stupid - we don't have to discuss this. I know by myself. But it happened.
Is there a way to reset the Crystal or the game to a point where I can get it back to life again?

Thanx for any constructive help!!!
---
SI: collection complete! :-)))
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#2 Posted: 12:52:14 06/03/2017
The game is only supposed to send data to the figure when you talk to Wendel, so the figure should still be intact. Try deleting the digital copy from the Change Skylander menu in order to get rid of the bugged file, then rescan the figure.

You can safely select any battle class, as the class will not be locked to the crystal as long as you don't ask Wendel to overwrite the figure's data. You can even delete the saved crystal and rescan the empty figure in order to re-select any class.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#3 Posted: 13:26:51 06/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Thank you for your answer (again ;-))

When reading about what you wrote about Wendel I'm not shure now if I talked to him or was in the menu. So it could be (I'm really not shure anymore) that I was talking to him while powering off the concole. :-(

I already deleted the digital copy from the Change Skylander menu. So this menu is "Fire Crystal free". But I still see the Crystal in the Collections menu as one of... ehhh... 32 (or so) collected Crystals.

That said: I try to talk to Wendel again and to rescan the Crystal there (and not in the Change Skylander menu). I hope this works. But it's definitively something I haven't tried at this point.
I can't try it right now (I'm at work not at home). Do you think this is promising?

And assuming that I turned off the console while talking to Wendel:
Do you think there's a chance of resetting the Crystal or getting rid of corrupted files or whatever? (I own Swap Force for WiiU and 3DS if this helps in any way...)
---
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#4 Posted: 14:58:35 06/03/2017
Wendel only works if the Imaginator is active. He sends data back, not register figures again.

To reset crystals forever, you need Skylanders Giants for WiiU or the first two 3DS games(using Wendel or Hugo).
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#5 Posted: 16:01:41 06/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
To reset crystals forever, you need Skylanders Giants for WiiU or the first two 3DS games(using Wendel or Hugo).

I think I have Skylanders: Spyro's Adventure for 3DS because I have Dark Spyro. I also have Giants for Wii or WiiU (don't know exactly - most probably for Wii) and 3DS.
So if nothing works I have a backup plan now.

Thanx!
---
#6 Posted: 16:23:11 06/03/2017
Giants works for both Wii and WiiU, my mistake. It's the Wii version, but you can use it on the WiiU as Wii mode.
---
#7 Posted: 14:12:33 07/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Resetting worked - I'm really happy!

I can't say which version helped. First I tried it with Spyro's Adveture 3DS. But the message I got only was that the Skylander is not compatible. I expected an other feedback. Something like "Do you want to reset your Skylander?". So I tried Giants 3DS. Same message as in Spyro's Adveture 3DS. I thought "OK - maybe something happened to the Crystal." and scanned him in Imaginators Switch. Everything fine! :-)))
Took me 2 hours to create my first Imaginator! :-D

Thank you all a lot!
---
#8 Posted: 14:19:03 07/03/2017
They'll all say that it's not compatible and if you want to fix it, it's how the exploit works. The games can't tell traps and crystals as something you're not supposed to scan so it'll reset them like a defective figure.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me