darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > lego dimensions (supposedly) cancelled
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
lego dimensions (supposedly) cancelled
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#51 Posted: 16:40:34 27/02/2017
Quote: TrapGiant
Just2Good is definitely a reliable source, but this news is probably fake.

That is quite the conclusion
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#52 Posted: 16:42:50 27/02/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

10/10 conclusion

But in all seriousness, J2G is a reliable source, he has gotten tons right in the past, but LEGO said that LD has a three-year plan.
So, if all goes right, we should be seeing year three this year, and that is 3 years.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#53 Posted: 16:44:32 27/02/2017

10/10 conclusion

But in all seriousness, J2G is a reliable source, he has gotten tons right in the past, but LEGO said that LD has a three-year plan.
So, if all goes right, we should be seeing year three this year, and that is 3 years.

You realize that plans can get cancelled, right?
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#54 Posted: 16:48:06 27/02/2017
It's also not the same case as Disney where they were jumping ship and DI was just included in the casualties. LEGO can cut their TTL side and still make games no problem, backlash be darned.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:48:20 27/02/2017 by Bifrost
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#55 Posted: 19:48:33 27/02/2017 | Topic Creator

"the leaks are real but the news is fake"

doublethink much?????
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#56 Posted: 19:56:10 27/02/2017
Not really, same case as Liam. Just because he's 100% legit about sharing the news he recieved that doesn't mean the leaker was right. This LEGO collector doesn't have any reason to cause panic but it might just be what he was told.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:56:46 27/02/2017 by Bifrost
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#57 Posted: 23:14:50 27/02/2017
Just2good does seem like a reliable source

hmmmmmmm

Nope, still not convinced
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#58 Posted: 00:22:08 28/02/2017
To me, the difference is that Liam went into more depth with his claim than just a 140-character post.

I don't know anything about Just2good (just as I didn't know anything about Liam before he broke the "Skylanders is cancelled" rumour), so I have no particular reason to take Just2good's claim on faith until he gives us more details about why he believes that Lego Dimensions is finished.

I won't be particularly upset if Lego Dimensions is cancelled - I think year 2 has been a disappointment overall. But to me, Just2good's claim is completely unsubstantiated at the moment.
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#59 Posted: 05:32:51 28/02/2017
Quote: 4inCreation
Please move this topic out of Imaginators.

I second that.

And before you go acting a dick koasmumishot, why do we bother having topic categories if we are just going to put whatever we want wherever we want?

By your argument I might as well post my rare Giants finds in here, because, y'know nothing ever happens in here.
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 05:34:15 28/02/2017 by optimall
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#60 Posted: 12:05:11 28/02/2017
*silent celebrating*
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#61 Posted: 16:14:15 28/02/2017
Quote: optimall

I second that.

And before you go acting a dick koasmumishot, why do we bother having topic categories if we are just going to put whatever we want wherever we want?

By your argument I might as well post my rare Giants finds in here, because, y'know nothing ever happens in here.

This is currently the most active board on the forum. I'm not a mod and my vote doesn't count for much (read: anything), but I'd say let the discussion carry on for a bit until it reaches a conclusion and THEN move it. The subject is at least a little apropos to Skylanders, given that it relates to concerns that the Toys to Life genre as a whole is in panic mode due to lower sales numbers over the last couple years.

(I think they're all just panicking and TTL sales, like most things, are cyclical and that peaks and valleys should be expected. But what do I know?--I'm in IT, not marketing.)

Quote: Luminous35
*silent celebrating*

Why?
[User Posted Image]
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#62 Posted: 16:32:03 28/02/2017
besides this is still categorized as "rumor" so it will be best to wait till someone will post a real answer about this.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#63 Posted: 17:10:02 28/02/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

"the leaks are real but the news is fake"

doublethink much?????

For most things he definately is a reliable source, but this...
LEGO is doing somewhat well in the TTL genre, no reason to quit, at least finish out the year.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#64 Posted: 17:15:40 28/02/2017

10/10 conclusion

You realize that plans can get cancelled, right?

So, if all goes right,

We should be seeing Year Three this year,

I well realize plans can get cancelled, but LEGO is doing somewhat well in the TTL genre, no reason to panic.
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#65 Posted: 17:52:03 28/02/2017
Yeah, really, I am not convinced, just like that one guy from Jurrassic Park

You know, that guy(Not Sam Neil, the lawer guy)
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#66 Posted: 20:39:23 28/02/2017
Quote: optimall

I second that.

Pot Kettle???

Seems to me the only people acting like (insert offensive term used above) are the people that are trying to get an active and popular topic moved to a dead corner of a dying website. But here I've got a suggestion for you - if you don't like this topic DON'T CLICK ON IT. You could try that instead of being keyboard warriors who feel the need to start complaining about where other forum members start their topics.

Do you actually have anything relevant to this topic that you would like to add? No, then you really don't need to comment. Other people are commenting on this topic and enjoying it. How about you two complainers find something else to do if this doesn't interest you.

And no, by my argument (which you clearly didn't understand) your rare Giants finds are not of great relevance to the future of Skylanders unlike a topic about one of the big 3 TTL games potentially pulling out of the market.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#67 Posted: 21:51:48 28/02/2017
Just to add to what above users said, just because Lego Dimensions had a three year plan in the past, doesn't mean that the plan will come to fruition.

George Bush planned to go to the moon, did it ever happen? No.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#68 Posted: 22:01:39 28/02/2017
I mean, to be fair, did Bush have an actual PLAN, or did he just want to go to the moon? There's a difference between saying something "I plan to X" and having an actual plan.

Kaosmumishot, don't feed the trolls. Or be one yourself.
#69 Posted: 23:58:15 28/02/2017
Kaosmum.

I apologize for the offensive term I implied.

By no means am I trying to troll, I just saw your attack on 4inCreation and got defensive.

I'm sad to hear you think this is a dying website, I actually love it here and I hope that my comment hasn't added to your resentment of this place.

As for the Lego dimensions claim, I hope its true, it may give activision the motivation to push on in years to come.

Again sorry all for my outburst.
Bad day, fueled by frustrations.
Hope we can all get back on track.
---
Join me on line chat.
#70 Posted: 03:07:56 01/03/2017
Couple of things I would like to clear up:

Firstly I wasn't personally offended by the term. I just said 'offensive term' instead of using the word myself so I wouldn't get in trouble with the mods.

Secondly I appreciate you sticking up for someone if you think it's warranted. My comment (over the top outburst?) was also me feeling the need to stick up for ZapNorris and his decision to post this in the Imaginators section. As well as backing the mods for leaving it where it is for the moment.

Thirdly I don't resent the place. I wouldn't come here if I did. I'm simply being practical. With no new game on the way and potentially no truly new content there soon won't be much to talk about on here unfortunately. Already the posts have slowed to a trickle. It's a shame as Skylanders is literally the only game I play these days.

Anyway your earlier comment may have been correct. I may have been over the top in my reaction to 4inCreation. I just bristle when I see people ordering other people around. It's all good from my end. I've already forgotten the whole thing.
#71 Posted: 07:56:33 01/03/2017
Fully understood.

I appreciate your honesty and with everything laid out like that, I get where you were coming from.

I do hope the game gets a second wind, I truely love this franchise. Its the one game I can play with my wife and kids and I dont want to loose that.
---
Join me on line chat.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#72 Posted: 08:41:16 01/03/2017
Im thinking the game getting second game
because the ending shows vortec consuming a random player who picked up the demesion skin brick
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:41:49 01/03/2017 by sky-dragon
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#73 Posted: 08:45:15 01/03/2017
I'm not sure why there was such a negative response, but it does make me cringe a little when I see this topic here. It was just a call to action, but I guess people like talking about things ending.
ninja9351 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4924
#74 Posted: 13:41:56 01/03/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
I mean, to be fair, did Bush have an actual PLAN, or did he just want to go to the moon? There's a difference between saying something "I plan to X" and having an actual plan.

Kaosmumishot, don't feed the trolls. Or be one yourself.

That's my point. Just because they said that they "Plan to X" (X being release 3 years worth of stuff) doesn't mean they actually will do it.
---
I make Skylanders videos-Go Check em' out! youtube.com/portalmaster9351
#75 Posted: 20:05:49 01/03/2017
I was actually saying the opposite -- I don't think they were just saying they had a 3 year plan, I think they actually planned out three years worth of content.

That said, I'm a little inclined to go with what sky-dragon said a few posts up... It might be that they cancelled their original plan so they could release Lego Dimensions 2 early, since the Warner Bros game division now has rights to publish Disney products, and that might give them the option to add Disney, Star Wars and Marvel properties to the mix.

But like Skylanders, who I feel will make a comeback in a year or two, I don't expect the Lego Dimensions franchise to be disappearing just yet.
spyroflame0487 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3866
#76 Posted: 22:55:19 01/03/2017
I have to imagine that getting licenses for huge franchises ended up being expensive. I mean, I'm sure they're going to be able to counter it by releasing regular lego sets based on these worlds, but I dunno.

Dimensions is fun, but I think like most of the TTL games it lacks "replayability" as it were. Skylanders suffers from this, Infinity did and Lego does too.

That being said, in the marketplace, this opens up a hole for something else to fill. I don't personally buy it that Dimensions is "cancelled" and I doubted Skylanders was too. I mean, there's no new games but there's a line there between cancelled and "no new content".

I think as long as Lego can use their sources and make new packs the series wont really be cancelled. There's plenty they can do still, and I know we still have a few Cartoon Network properties coming like Powerpuff Girls and Teen Titans GO.
---
Why did Uncle Peter have an interdimentional portal in his attic?
Spyro's entire collection! [Updated June 28th 15]
#77 Posted: 23:24:35 01/03/2017
It is hard to picture that none of the major players would have another attempt if they are the only ones in the market. It appears to still be a lucrative market. But of course there's the problem of having such a large upfront investment in manufacturing toys etc. It will be interesting to see what Activision do over the next few years. I would personally be surprised if they don't release Sky 7. I think Activision are the most likely of the big 3 to have another crack at it.
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#78 Posted: 21:33:00 24/04/2017
With no new Skylanders game in 2017, it would be wise for Lego to continue with dimensions. No competion and the mash up world really works with all the different franchises.
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me