Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A question regarding jobs
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 09:50:47 23/02/2017 | Topic Creator
If you couldn't find work for years but then there's a job available that's usually done by migrant workers, the pay is a little higher for domestic workers but it's still basically a minimum wage job, would you accept it? Does it matter what kind of job it is?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
thumper Ripto Gems: 3519
#2 Posted: 03:26:06 24/02/2017
Depends on what the job is.

A minimum wage job would be an income, while working that job I could still look for a better paying job.

Another way to look at this question would be, if I took the job and worked 40 hours a week at minimum wage I'd make approximately' $300.00 a week. If I decline the job offer I'd make $0 dollars.
#3 Posted: 00:46:43 25/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: thumper

I said does it matter what kind of job?

After all, beggars can't be choosers.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 01:05:42 25/02/2017
But beggars can spend more than they gain working at an especially bad job. Sure, if it's next to your house and there's not a lot of stressful situation, no biggie(well, that'd be a good job), but when it pays little or has emotional impact but you travel far+eat out you might as well keep looking.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:22:52 25/02/2017 by Bifrost
#5 Posted: 01:17:12 25/02/2017
Quote: StevemacQ
Quote: thumper

I said does it matter what kind of job?

After all, beggars can't be choosers.

Oh, my apologies.

Yes it does matter what kind of job. Beggars can be choosy especially if the beggar knows that the job pays higher wages than what was offered to them.

I suppose it also would matter how desperate the beggar is as well.
#6 Posted: 17:37:46 25/02/2017 | Topic Creator
They can't. You can't cry how you have no work if you think you're above certain jobs.

If jobs usually done by immigrants were given to domestic workers, then you accept these jobs. Better to have some work than no work. You have to take what your boss gives you and be grateful you actually have work.

Okay, maybe it doesn't have to be a low-paying job but instead the vacant job requires a high education like being a doctor. If you want it, you have to work your ass off.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#7 Posted: 22:17:27 25/02/2017
Excuse me StevenmacQ in my first post I clearly stated that

1. A minimum wage job would be an income.

2. Another way to look at this question would be, if I took the job and worked 40 hours a week at minimum wage I'd make approximately' $300.00 a week. If I decline the job offer I'd make $0 dollars.

Yes a beggar can be choosy if they wanna be. If you think about the whole scenario the beggar refuses low paying jobs because they think they're worth more then minimum wage, while the ones that need a job so they can support their family will indeed take that low paying job.

I do respect what you're saying but just because you and I see this in a different opinion doesn't mean you're right and it doesn't mean I'm right either.
#8 Posted: 09:09:30 01/03/2017 | Topic Creator
Let's all be honest for a moment. Most people don't want to do the jobs immigrants do. Most people feel they're above doing jobs immigrants take.

How many British-born people are looking to become doctors? Not enough because most of them are lazy entitled jackasses who voted for Brexit without realising what it means or that the tories will never care about their own people if they're not millionaires or billionaires. All they did was shout "IMMIGRANTS!" as the scapegoat for everyones' problems.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 09:10:52 01/03/2017 by StevemacQ
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me