Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
No Skylanders 7 - my thoughts
xboxfanuk Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#1 Posted: 12:47:26 10/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Ok I am not sure what thread I was supposed to put this in so I made a thread.

So no 2017 starter pack. It is unfortunate that it took rock bottom sales for Activision to take this decision but this could be a good thing. I always felt that the bolt-on model that Lego Dimensions has used and Disney Infinity was going to do before they were completely shut down is the best system.

So toys for bob can spend a few years working on a new game, instead of employing nearly three studios to produce it annually. They can supplement the current starter pack with new adventures and new ideas and consumers don't have to hit the reset button every year on a whole new investment. It also means that presumably the newer packs and figures would be forwards compatible with the starter pack areas. That could be a winner.

Either way the franchise still has legs, even if the greedy aggressive business model has finally crashed. When they started making $0.20 crystals more important than the actual figures and selling them for more than the original figures cost, that is when I think everything went downhill!
---
Friend me on Xbox One - GT: Xboxfanuk

Would love to co-op Superchargers.
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#2 Posted: 14:12:11 10/02/2017
your topic name is a little misleading. there will not be a game this year but skylanders 7 can still happen in 2018.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
obidawsn Gold Sparx Gems: 2901
#3 Posted: 16:06:55 10/02/2017
Why is everyone saying the sales hit rock bottom? In my area, Imaginators seems to be selling pretty well. I've seen inventory constantly keep going in and out of stores unlike years past when stores wouldn't even get inventory in to sell. I haven't seen actual sales figures, though, so I can't say that's how it is overall. But since they are talking about doing add-ons for Imaginators, it would seem that they built Imaginators for that very purpose, so had this planned all along. It only makes sense since Lego Dimensions does it and Infinity had announced that's what they were going to be doing (and you have to think that they were working on Imaginators when that was announced).
#4 Posted: 16:33:59 10/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: obidawsn
Why is everyone saying the sales hit rock bottom? In my area, Imaginators seems to be selling pretty well. I've seen inventory constantly keep going in and out of stores unlike years past when stores wouldn't even get inventory in to sell. I haven't seen actual sales figures, though, so I can't say that's how it is overall. But since they are talking about doing add-ons for Imaginators, it would seem that they built Imaginators for that very purpose, so had this planned all along. It only makes sense since Lego Dimensions does it and Infinity had announced that's what they were going to be doing (and you have to think that they were working on Imaginators when that was announced).

The reason I stated sales hit rock bottom is because the Eurogamer article stated that.
---

Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 17:14:24 10/02/2017
While we don't know if the sales are exactly bad, we all know the sales are much lower than past entries. And, considering Activision's ridiculously lofty expectations, I can see where the "disappointing sales" come from.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:14:52 10/02/2017 by Crash10
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#6 Posted: 20:52:51 10/02/2017
Quote: obidawsn

The problem is they aren't moving volume. It is selling, but not in volume. Like, for example, Target only had like a couple of each figure on release day - and TRU shrank the Skylander section to less than half of what it was. It had the effect of looking like the stock was moving, but in reality sales were much lower.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#7 Posted: 20:58:05 10/02/2017
Selling in one area or another is never good indicator of a game's sales. Apparently it picked up on December, but the first few months of Imaginators it sold REALLY badly in some countries. Can't remember the article off the top of my head but it didn't break 66k at a point most break 100k.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#8 Posted: 19:15:27 11/02/2017 | Topic Creator
In the UK the more desirable figures are no where to be seen
Maybe they should focus less on making figures like Kaos and Pain-Yatta rare and hard to find and make them dead easy to find so people will buy theme.

Also I never saw a game that was so confusing as to what I need to enjoy the gimmick. They don't explain it like Lego and Disney did and they don't really promote it outside of the US.

Stores even now (big toy retailers and GAME) have no clue what the game is about or what the figures are or anything....ignorance on this game even though it'seems been out for years.
---

Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#9 Posted: 20:25:44 12/02/2017
Relief. Economic relief.
---
Any last wishes?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#10 Posted: 20:28:57 12/02/2017
Quote: Wishblade
Relief. Economic relief.

Same. I'll still buy what they put out and I'll probably still buy more crystals, but this gives me a chance to kind of catch up on my other interests as well (Lego Batman Movie sets, NECA Godzilla and Pacific Rim figures, e.t.c)
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me