darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Confused: Questions about Imaginators
Page 1 of 1
Confused: Questions about Imaginators
xboxfanuk Yellow Sparx Gems: 1155
#1 Posted: 14:40:41 09/02/2017 | Topic Creator
My main confusion is how the Imaginators themselves receive upgrades

1) How do the Imaginators learn secret techniques?
a) How many can they learn?
b) Do I need to purchase more Sensei figures to aquire them all?

2) Can I collect all of the customisation items (body parts, weapons, voices, etc) in the game without purchasing additional figures or expansion packs?

3) Is it possible (or necessary) to level a Imaginator beyond level 17 with just the starter pack?

4) Assuming I am happy with JUST the fire creation crystal and the two battle classes in the starter pack, am I missing anything by not purchasing additional figures?

Thanks for the answers =)
---
Friend me on Xbox One - GT: Xboxfanuk

Would love to co-op Superchargers.
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#2 Posted: 15:20:35 09/02/2017
Quote: xboxfanuk
1) How do the Imaginators learn secret techniques?
a) How many can they learn?
b) Do I need to purchase more Sensei figures to aquire them all?

Imaginators can learn four secret techniques - one upon reaching level 2, another upon reaching level 4, a third after you've defeated the Doomlander of their class in-game, and the fourth by owning a sensei of that class. However, an Imaginator can only use one secret technique at a time. (You can change the active technique in the customisation menu.)

Quote:
2) Can I collect all of the customisation items (body parts, weapons, voices, etc) in the game without purchasing additional figures or expansion packs?

There are elemental zones in the game that require you to own a sensei of that element in order to enter. The zones contain unique Imaginator parts (eg voices and auras) that can't be obtained otherwise.

In addition, Activision recently announced 100+ new parts that can only be unlocked by purchasing the Cursed Tiki Temple adventure pack (due for release in about a month).

Quote:
3) Is it possible (or necessary) to level a Imaginator beyond level 17 with just the starter pack?

The level cap for Imaginators starts at 15 and increases by one for every sensei that you own. However, Imaginators are very powerful in the game, so you might not need or want a higher level cap.

Quote:
4) Assuming I am happy with JUST the fire creation crystal and the two battle classes in the starter pack, am I missing anything by not purchasing additional figures?

There are some Imaginator parts that can only be obtained in the sensei elemental zones.

You'll miss out on the fourth secret technique for each battle class, though they're of varying usefulness.

Also, three adventure packs have been released so far (Thumpin' Wumpa Islands, Gryphon Park Observatory and Enchanted Elven Forest), which each unlock a unique new level. Two more adventure packs have been announced - Cursed Tiki Temple and an as-yet unnamed adventure pack featuring Ro-Bow (the Tech Bowslinger sensei).
#3 Posted: 15:48:17 09/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote:
There are some Imaginator parts that can only be obtained in the sensei elemental zones.

Does the community know which parts are locked behind the sensei zones and expansions?
---

Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:50:37 09/02/2017 by xboxfanuk
GigaCamo Emerald Sparx Gems: 4288
#4 Posted: 16:10:12 09/02/2017
Yes. You can see it on DarkSpyro itself.

Heres the parts guide. //www.darkspyro.net/imaginators/parts/
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#5 Posted: 18:24:29 09/02/2017
Don't forget that each Sensei unlocks Imaginator parts. If you place any Sensei on a store display kiosk, it shows you what it unlocks. It's always a weapon and something else.

Also, each element of Creation Crystal unlocks a special set of parts you can only get with a CC.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:28:07 09/02/2017 by 4inCreation
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#6 Posted: 21:41:58 09/02/2017
The major things you'll be missing out on by only getting the Starter Pack are: 8 of the Sensei Elemental Realms, as well as the 5 Adventure Packs.

You'll also be unable to unlock the part sets tied to Creation Crystals (except Fire), all the parts unique to the 8 Elemental Realms you're locked out of, and all the parts gifted by Senseis other than the ones in the Starter Pack.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#7 Posted: 22:43:18 09/02/2017
HI,
Just start buying everything then you can unlock everything. Play it and have major fun with it.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#8 Posted: 02:04:12 10/02/2017
There have been some pretty good Sensei sales lately. Target had them BOGO for 2 weeks in a row. Haven't been there yet this week so I don't know if it's still going on.
TRU has them 2 for $24 this week, which is better than usual.
#9 Posted: 10:48:50 10/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah I live in the UK and Smyth Toys just had a sale for 3 for 2. You would be shocked at how little Imaginator products are on shelves. Even in places like ToysRUs and GAME which is the biggest retailers for toys to life they have more Supercharger items then Imaginators.

I was able to get some figures but Villains are hard to find or you need to pay the ebay tax (overpriced). I finally put my crystal on the portal and my son and I created a sorcerer class but I didn't realise you can create any class even if you don't have a sensai. So now my question is it worth making a imaginator without the special sensai move?
---

Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#10 Posted: 17:16:59 10/02/2017
Yeah, I would say it's still worth it. It's not like the imaginators are unplayable without access to all of their moves. Many of the locked moves are very good, though.

If you have the starter pack, your son will have access to the sorcerer special move through Golden Queen and the brawler special move through King Pen.

The other special moves are listed here:

http://skylanders.wikia.com/wiki/Battle_Classes
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me