Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Forum Games: The RP
Skyhunter Diamond Sparx Gems: 8923
#1 Posted: 02:31:04 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
This is either going to be my best RP ever, or my worst.

So yeah, the story behind this one is that one day I was looking through the Forum Games and thought "Heh, there's a lot of interesting scenarios that these games drum up. I wonder what an RP like these would be like?" And, well, here we are. Silly idea, I know, but I'm really bored and too lazy to come up with something amazingly epic, so this is what you get.

Anyway, the main idea of this RP is to reenact some of those situations, in a similar vein to the Be Your Avatar series a while back. This is more of a lighthearted "just for fun" RP, so take this with a grain of salt.

Rules:
Standard RP rules, no godmodding, only control your own characters, etc.
You can use as many characters as you think you can handle.
Warn for graphic content.
Keep romance PG-13 at the most.
I allow swearing in my RPs, as long as it's not excessive.
And as always, if you have any questions, feel free to ask.

Character sheet: (Not really necessary, but whatever.)
Name:
Species:
Appearance: (if you have a picture, please just post a link to it)
Other?: (optional)
---
It doesn't matter if the bars are iron or gold, a cage is a cage.
redwes Diamond Sparx Gems: 8578
#2 Posted: 22:52:16 07/02/2017
OOC: This should be interesting. smilie Why not?

Name: Darin
Species: Gryphon / Elven (Shapeshifter)
Appearance: Varies; can be in Gryphon form or Elven form
Other?: Images credit to adoren & LotR Scene Maker
---
<[ I’m Darin the gryphon! *screech* Want to know more or ask a question?]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:31 07/02/2017 by redwes
#3 Posted: 01:29:40 08/02/2017 | Topic Creator
[Accepted! To be honest, I didn't think anyone would actually join this silly thing. smilie]

Name: Classic Foxtail
Species: Fennec Fox
Appearance: My avatar
Other?: He's a younger version of Foxtail, maybe in his early to mid-teens.
---
Shagaru Magala Blue Sparx Gems: 850
#4 Posted: 15:44:43 08/02/2017
Name: Baru
Species: Barufaruku
Appearance: Imagine a miniature version of my avatar
Other?: He is a young Barufaruku. You can't see it in my avatar but it has very diverse wings.
---
smilie
#5 Posted: 17:25:49 08/02/2017 | Topic Creator
[Accepted! We'll start when I get home from school today.]
[Let the games begin!]

It was midday, and the local zoo was swarming with visitors. Everybody crowded around to get a glimpse of the zoo's newest arrival, a little fennec fox kit. He seemed confused as to what exactly was happening. How did he even get in there?
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:08:45 09/02/2017 by Skyhunter
#6 Posted: 01:10:44 09/02/2017
In another exhibit... another creature was just waking up. And reinforcements had apparently been added to the structure after the panic the creature had caused the previous day. Though the newly added electrified netting-- visitors could look upon what appeared to be... some sort of lion or hawk. "Gryphon. Grif-fin. A mythological hybrid between an lion and an bird-- usually that of a eagle. Although hawks...," a nearby sign read going on to describe what little was known about the seemingly real creature. The creature slowly awoke and seemed disappointed when it had realized that this wasn't only a dream.... "This... this can't be real. How could I... How did I... why am I here?," it said to itself screeching in panic at the circumstances.
---
#7 Posted: 01:57:03 09/02/2017 | Topic Creator
The young fox could only assess the situation for a short while before hearing the panicked shrieks of... something from elsewhere in the zoo. The heck is that noise? he wondered to himself, cocking his head to one side. Whatever it was, it sounded big, and definitely avian in nature. Normally his survival instincts would tell him to avoid a potential predator, but the fennec's curiosity got the better of him. He had to know what that was!

He sniffed around his sandy desert-themed exhibit for a way out, and a little bit of parkour, managed to climb down the rocks, cross the trench and climb up the wall and out of his enclosure. Thankfully, the security measures in his sector were easy to slip past; what trouble could a little fennec fox be to keep locked up? As he ducked behind a trash can, he caught a glimpse of his exhibit's sign. The fennec fox or fennec (Vulpes zerda) is a small nocturnal fox found in the Sahara of North Africa. Its most distinctive feature is its unusually large ears, which also serve to dissipate heat... Huh. So people came to this place to learn about animals? He'd be flattered if he wasn't brought here against his will. He sneakily and hastily made his way to the source of the screeching.
---
#8 Posted: 08:00:47 09/02/2017
In another exhibit elsewhere, a creature that couldn't possibly be from earth awoke. Awake to sounds of people gasping in awe, He didn't remember falling asleep here? So he panicked "Where am I?! Someone get me out of here!". He ran around for a bit an caught a glimpse of a sign nearby. The Barufaruku. Recent technology advances have allowed us to find and study the Barufaruku. Not much is known about this creature other than the fact that it can harness dragon energy. This one is young so it can't do much harm. What the...
---
smilie
#9 Posted: 00:28:46 10/02/2017
The gryphon continued to screech in panic-- looking around once again at his surroundings. His exhibit had what could be described as a fake but natural"" look to it and dropped down from the guests' view with a tall natural stone-like wall between him and the wide opening above. His exhibit appeared to have what "looked" like a natural pond surrounded by a few decently-sized trees and a small cave-like "structure" that he could presumably rest in. *They* at least got that part right, but there was denying that it was a prison designed to hold him in. "Humans...," he said outloud at he looked up at the opening above and slightly flapped his feathery wings. Previously-- the humans had attempted to keep him grounded via an harness system, but he had managed to climb his way to the top and had almost made it out. But now...

With a flap of his wings, he began to ascend away from the group and up towards the upper opening where guests and visitors could observe him from above. He was surprised the humans hadn't replaced the harness or come up with some other solution untill... "Gah!!!...," he screamed in pain as he touched the net. He had gotten up to the guests' level and was prepared to attempt to fly away to freedom when he felt his wings touch the almost invisible netting and felt the voltage go through his body. He soon fell in free-fall... back down to his exhibit and into the water of his pond. He appeared limp for a brief moment, but still breathing.
---
#10 Posted: 01:33:16 10/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Soon enough, the young fox reached the source of the screeching and looked into the enclosure. He blinked, almost like he couldn't believe what he was seeing. The creature was avian from the chest up, he was right about that much, and had long feathery wings. But the backside was distinctly feline, bearing a resemblance to a lion- well, exactly. Is that a griffin? he thought as he watched the mystical creature begin to flap its wings and take to the air. I don't see why not; I've seen tree-dwelling squids, mechanical dragon gods, alicorn princesses, and three-headed demon skeletons, so I guess a griffin wouldn't be much of a stretch.

And then the poor griffin flew right into the electric fence. Ouch. The young fox winced as the creature was electrified and then plummeted back into the exhibit. Thankfully, it landed safely in the pond, albeit unconscious. I hope he's okay...
---
#11 Posted: 23:59:19 10/02/2017
After a few minutes of nothing and the sound of a few guests departing from the exhibit-- the gryphon began to move if only slightly. He awoke once again to find himself in the pond a little tense from the fall, but otherwise unharmed. "What did I get myself into?," he asked looking up at the opening and what he now knew to be electrified netting covering what would have been his escape. He slowly got up and flexed his wings. 'Good good...,' he though seeing that they weren't damaged as far as he could tell. He looked around once again at his enclosure... disappointed that this would end up being his new home at least for time being. He had already missed his old home and the open air and... freedom. He gave a long sigh as he scanned the exhibit for any other possible means of escape.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:15:55 11/02/2017 by redwes
#12 Posted: 01:28:04 11/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Okay, he's alive. Thank God... The young fox looked down at the griffin with awe. Humans were naturally curious creatures; it'd make sense that they'd want to study something like a mythical beast, but it just seemed wrong to keep such a majestic creature under lock and key. Not to mention the rather brutal methods of containing it...

"Psst, hey, up here!" he whispered to the griffin as the crowd dissipated.
---
#13 Posted: 01:32:41 11/02/2017
"Who's there?," the gryphon quietly asked looking up at where the small voice seemed to be coming up. He scanned the exhibit and the immediate surroundings-- pinpointing the voice to someone up on the upper enclosure. And above the netting that had prevented his escape. An escapee perhaps or a curious bystander from the local wildlife.,' he thought to himself.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:35:56 11/02/2017 by redwes
#14 Posted: 01:50:10 11/02/2017 | Topic Creator
The young fox flinched as the griffin caught sight of him- likely leftover from his primal instincts. "N-name's Foxtail. I'm from one of the other exhibits, and I couldn't help but notice you're a little... well, trapped. Listen, I might be able to bust you outta there, but there's too many people around right now. We'll have to wait 'till nightfall."
---
#15 Posted: 02:03:51 11/02/2017
"Yes... people. The humans. The ones who have brought us here I presume.," the gryphon said not sounding entirely happy about the fact. Being captured and especially being captured by humans was one of his worse fears after all. "The name's Darin. And nightfall. It.. it sounds like a plan.," he then said looking up at whoever seemed willing to help him. A fox perhaps or so his sense of smell told him.
---
#16 Posted: 10:58:22 11/02/2017
After realising that screaming for help wasn't working he realised that the enclosure was actually open topped "Bet they thought my wings are useless huh" Although Baru had never tried to fly before, he tried for the first time now but only managed 2 feet as it was more like a leap. He decided to jump onto a rock next to the wall of the enclosure, from there he could fly up to a ledge and make a leap out. And he did but forgot that there are people... "HELP"
---
smilie
#17 Posted: 10:26:38 14/02/2017
From inside his exhibit, Darin heard a loud roar in the distance. 'A cry of help?,' he thought. He looked up again at the voice of Foxtail-- knowing that it wasn't him but something else. Probably another poor trapped creature like himself, he figured. "Uh... Foxtail? I take it we're not the only ones trapped here?," he asked actually sounding a little anxious about the roar.
---
#18 Posted: 01:12:41 16/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Foxtail gave Darin a thumbs-up... or rather, did something with his paws that vaguely resembled a thumbs-up. "Right. See you then."

He barely took one step away from the griffin's enclosure before a load roar echoed across the area, and whatever it was sounded even bigger than a griffin! Foxtail took Darin's suggestion and assumed it was another creature trapped in this facility. Sprinting as fast as his little fox legs could carry him.. he followed the roar to its source.

A dragon, he thought to himself, mouth agape. I've really got my work cut out for me.
---
Pokemon2 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3814
#19 Posted: 15:48:56 05/03/2017
(Name: Zombeh
Species: zombie
Appearance: My avatar)
---
Moved to TimDrake, talk to me there.
Gengar Guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#20 Posted: 00:05:27 06/03/2017
Name: Gengar
Species: Gengar
Appearance: See avatar.
---
I always come back. Discord: .spectrespecs
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me