Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Shipping?
Glitchy Witchy Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#1 Posted: 16:52:09 04/02/2017 | Topic Creator
(I couldn't find a (Academy) related thread about shipping. Decided to make one)

Although some people are entirely against the whole 'shipping' thing, it also seems pretty natural for many people to ship various characters. Some prefer canon ships, some like to make their own.

I guess this topic could be used as a thread for both 'Are you are shipper?' and 'Which ships do you ship?' kind of thing. Frankly, I just think it's fascinating to see what other people ship and why they do.

There should be no shaming in shipping someone, although I think it's interesting if people can explain why a ship wouldn't work, as well as why it could work.

This is meant for Academy ships, although I'm sure no one would really mind if the ships were from the games. I'm not much into the games myself (yet?) so I'll only talk Academy, but I just want to see people have fun with shipping in general!
---
''Ah'm all about, hilarity!''
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 17:09:23 04/02/2017
Kagold is clearly best ship.

But in all seriousness I don't do ships anymore.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#3 Posted: 17:09:38 04/02/2017
I Ship Spyro x Cynder... I really hope that they won't make Spyro stealth elf's love interest
I ship kaossandera with master eon
They need to creat a sexy charcter for golden queen
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#4 Posted: 17:12:09 04/02/2017
just to be clear: does shipping from the game are acceptable as well? just to be sure.

I got tons of ideas for game shipping and academy is kinda limtied...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 17:33:18 04/02/2017 by omer1698
#5 Posted: 17:50:02 04/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Open to hear about game ships as well! You're right, shipping can be kind of limited in Academy (at least for now) so I don't see a problem also talking about game ships!

Going to post my own ships later, I just needed to make sure the site was open to shipping xD
---
#6 Posted: 18:00:47 04/02/2017
alright then lets begin

spyro and whirlwind
stelth elf and flameslinger
eruptor and smolderdash
jet vac and stormblade
terrafin and punk shock
lightning rod and golden queen
zap and echo
head rush and kaboom
star cast and star strike
tuff luck and nightshade (not a skylander but if there will be sky7...)
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 19:07:31 04/02/2017
Quote: KingMed
I Ship Spyro x Cynder... I really hope that they won't make Spyro stealth elf's love interest
I ship kaossandera with master eon
They need to creat a sexy charcter for golden queen

I think Spyro and SE are just gonna be friends. And for some reason, I can see Luminous filling that "sexy charcter for golden queen" role.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#8 Posted: 19:43:36 04/02/2017 | Topic Creator
With my very limited knowledge of the games, I'm in on the Eruptor x Smolderdash and Stealth Elf x Flameslinger. But as I don't really know Flameslinger and Smolderdash, it's purely on a visual level.
Hope to get to play a few more of the games in the future. Seems like there is an awful lot of amazing characters! smilie

I ship a lot of things. But the following might be the ships I ship the most. Not based in any specific order ('cept Kashanks. Kashanks is my fave)

[User Posted Image]
Eruptor is just such a sweetheart. His emotions seems so genuine. In episode 6, when Elf is assumed dead, Eruptors feelings just seems so pure.
I have no problem with them just being friends. But this is just one big 'ol fluffball of cuteness, if you ask me!

[User Posted Image]
It was a bit unexpected, but it seems like they know each other. It doesn't have to be in a romantic kind of way... But I could actually see possibilities in this.
It's an ongoing joke in my home that Eon is Kaos' dad, and while I do not believe that is the case... I would not mind.

[User Posted Image]
This might be my favorite part of that episode. It just seemed to fit them in some kind of way. Goldie being superficial, and Wolfie kind of loyal even when he was left for Kaos. Might be an unpopular ship, I don't know how they are in the games. But I would not mind if they were mentioned as a couple again later!

[User Posted Image]
I just simply couldn't let this go. Pop Fizz is by far my favorite Skylander (in Academy) and the dynamic between them was hilarious. At some points, Wolfgang actually seems kind of happy to jam with his old friend. He can just be playing along, but he seems pretty genuine about the whole situation.

[User Posted Image]
The show basically shipped this itself. I didn't play either Crash or Spyro as a child, so I have no childhood or nostalgia ruined by this. I just thought it was refreshing and a little brave to put this in the show.
I'm aware it's nowhere a real ship, but I'm sure some parents (or people in general) was offended about a hinted male relationship, and that's what I mean when I say 'brave'.
I liked their dynamic. Hope Crash will come back some day!

[User Posted Image]
If I had to pick only one to ship Spyro with, it would be JV. I haven't really seen anyone ship it besides myself, though...
I just think there is a vibe of 'an old couple' about them. How they interact and grow on each other. Might be the friendship in the Team that evolves the most in the show (so far, at least)

I got into this wicked show through this, kinda. My boyfriend, who never ships anything, said he had started watching this show called Skylanders Academy. I didn't really care, but kept listening as he spoke.
At some point I realized that this ship he was talking about... was two dudes... Then I checked it out myself.

[User Posted Image]
In all seriousness, these two are a delight, just the wicked way they are. I'm all about the baddies, especially if they are funny and twisted, and that is a perfect description for these two.
[User Posted Image]
The simple way they interact is fantastic. How can one argue against that they, in their own weird kind of way, care for each other? I'm not talking romance, I'm just saying the way they interact seems like they feel more comfortable in each others presence than first assumed.
[User Posted Image]
I started watching the show before I knew how small the fanbase seems to be. I was actually very surprised that no one seemed to ship it. (Tumblr later helped me with that, thank you Tumblr!)
Although his snarky comebacks, it seems like Glumshanks really does care for Kaos, despise the torture. And you could argue a villain doesn't care, but Kaos seems very content in his servants company, regardless the situation and context.

[User Posted Image]
With all that said... I can't really argue that it's a healthy relationship. But I do find it adorable. And I still smile every time they are on screen, regardless how many times I rewatch the show!
---
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#9 Posted: 22:42:19 04/02/2017
Eruptor and Stealth Elf hihi <3

[User Posted Image]
---
bye
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#10 Posted: 23:53:16 04/02/2017
Let's be real here Eon x his beard is the OTP of this show so far. ^.^;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#11 Posted: 00:19:53 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
All the yes! Just look at them! <3

It's probably the most obvious love story in the show, and I didn't give it the credit it deserved!
I just want someone to look at me the way Eon look at his beard!
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#12 Posted: 05:46:45 05/02/2017
I got really excited when they hinted a male relationship between Crash and Spyro smilie Never expected that. I only ship them in the Academy Universe though. They are really cute though.

Also very curious to know about Kaossandra and Eon. It would be very interesting to see Eon as Kaos' Dad. Probably not though.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
#13 Posted: 12:43:52 05/02/2017
hex and skull
flashwing and bush
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:44:23 05/02/2017 by omer1698
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#14 Posted: 22:40:16 05/02/2017
There´s a difference between shipping and bromance...

I don´t ship anyone in the show unless...

If Kairi is Spyro´s Love interest lol. But if people ships what they want so...
#15 Posted: 23:35:39 05/02/2017 | Topic Creator
You're absolutely right. And most shows won't cross the line. I don't think Skylanders does that either (I'm assuming we're talking about Spyro and Crash in this case)
That aside, in a what if kind of way, I can't see why a bromance couldn't be shipped in a romantic kind of way either. But, of course, I'm saying that as a shipper.
I think love evolving from something like friendship or a bromance gives a more natural flow.

I'm not sure the comment was meant for me, though. And if I just explained a lot I didn't need to do. If so, my apologies!
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#16 Posted: 01:55:31 27/03/2017
#Spywind

Also I ship Bash and Flashwing
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me