Page 1 of 1
Rats vs. Kaos clones
Sworn2Skylands Yellow Sparx Gems: 1353
#1 Posted: 19:26:32 02/02/2017 | Topic Creator
I didn't see a topic for this when I used the search bar, so I thought I would start a little discussion about two groups of enemies that appear in the storyline's last two levels.

When I started playing the Lair of Kaos, I got the impression that the Kaos clones would be the strongest non-boss enemies that the game would have to offer, yet strangely after I played it enough times, I still couldn't decide which kind of enemy between the Lair of Kaos's Kaos clones and the rats from the Abandoned Amusement Park that I disliked fighting more. This surprised me a bit and eventually I decided that I disliked fighting the rats more. Sure the Kaos clones do a lot of damage on higher difficulty settings, but I found that most of their attacks are well-telegraphed and easy to avoid. Meanwhile the rats swarm you in huge group sizes and the rats in the trash cans create a real sense of urgency, since they can mutate those Riff-Rats into rat giants with massive attack power and health with the cheese they throw. The rats also seemed like bigger team players, not just because of the previously mentioned example, but because of how the trash can rats can defend by going into their trash can and with the threat the Riff-Rats pose with their powerful hammer attacks (and the incentive you have to destroy the cheese on the ground with area of effect attacks), it makes you have to switch targets with who's the biggest threat constantly changing. It's an effective strategy for ensuring you don't get as much done as quickly.

Did anyone else have this experience or want to contribute their thoughts?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 19:51:00 02/02/2017
Rats feel like a remnant of TT AI. A lot of dumb hits because they seem all-seeing and have way wider hurtbuxes than it seems. I prefer Kaos Klones a lot more, easier to deal with but still fun.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#3 Posted: 22:52:09 02/02/2017
I like the rats better because of how well they are able to work as a team. Each enemy compliments the other.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:52:25 02/02/2017 by TrapShadowFan
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#4 Posted: 00:05:45 03/02/2017
I hate the sheep the most...especially the Sheep Mages that cast their slow spell when there's Baaabarians around that kill you in one hit.

But the rats are worse than clones...I died a lot more during the Abandoned Amusement Park than Lair of Kaos. The only Kaos clones to worry about are the big ones with their AOE attack, but that's easy enough to avoid.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#5 Posted: 00:21:16 03/02/2017
I agree that rats are tougher. They do have more synergy. Reminds me of Swap Force bonus missions, but better.

I was disappointed in how easy it was to beat the last chapter.
---
Any last wishes?
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#6 Posted: 02:45:25 03/02/2017
Definitely the rats. The area where you need to defeat all enemies before getting on the Ferris Wheel always seems to result in my character taking a lot of damage.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#7 Posted: 14:13:17 03/02/2017
I made an Imaginator Light Bazooker Iron Man, he demolishes all of them from range and has a dash to get out of close quarters combat. Pretty much wipes out anything he can come across. I use him to easy mode levels when I'm going for fast level completion with a minimum of effort. I have several other I use when playing for fun.

The worst part of the Kaos clones is the gong on the last level since you can't use high level Imaginators, as they are numerous and can kill quickly with cheap shots. Ending up doing it with a maxed out Golden Queen using her Sensei power several times.
Corn_Hornet Yellow Sparx Gems: 1982
#8 Posted: 16:23:07 03/02/2017
Quote: defpally
I made an Imaginator Light Bazooker Iron Man, he demolishes all of them from range and has a dash to get out of close quarters combat. Pretty much wipes out anything he can come across. I use him to easy mode levels when I'm going for fast level completion with a minimum of effort. I have several other I use when playing for fun.

The worst part of the Kaos clones is the gong on the last level since you can't use high level Imaginators, as they are numerous and can kill quickly with cheap shots. Ending up doing it with a maxed out Golden Queen using her Sensei power several times.

That last gong battle is brutal. I lost like 5 senseis (on Expert) until I was able to clear it no problem with Pit Boss on the viper pit path.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#9 Posted: 02:01:21 04/02/2017
That's why I keep distance with rats since I'll just use golden queen to keep them away with scarab projectles. The rats gang up on me if I try melee em especially the mutan cheese rats I hate those

Kaos clones are not that bad when u get used to their attacks
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Punch_Potion_X Blue Sparx Gems: 894
#10 Posted: 08:24:56 05/02/2017
I personally also think the rats were tougher enemies and it made the combat better as you needed to plan your attacks.

Side note: For Christmas, I got a few new characters like Bloom Boom and Air Strike, and I was finally up to Lair of Kaos, so I thought I would use them...
Yeah, it didn't go so well.
---
Skylanders Ring of Heroes.
Will (hopefully) only require pockets half as deep
bladewolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1211
#11 Posted: 05:17:53 06/02/2017
Kaos clones are far more entertaining than the rats and the sound they make when defeated is priceless. But when I heard someone call one of the Gargamel Kaos it made me smile from ear to ear.
TechSkylander15 Green Sparx Gems: 276
#12 Posted: 22:28:48 06/02/2017
Kaos Klones seem to be harder than the rats for me, but I like fighting the rats more. A little more synergy in the enemies, and a lot more exp when defeating a Rift Rat!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me