Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Craziest Misconception?
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#1 Posted: 21:05:23 01/02/2017 | Topic Creator
What's the craziest misconception you've heard about Skylanders?
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#2 Posted: 22:16:27 01/02/2017
"You can't play as spyro because he doesn't have a new figure this game"
---
Dead
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 22:51:28 01/02/2017
"crash is in the game that means he's forever in Skylanders"
"Spyro wasn't planned for the series and replaced Flame Dragon a la Starfox Adventures"(actual rumor spread by idiots)
"You need every toy to play"
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#4 Posted: 23:26:57 01/02/2017
When someone listed the "big-name" Nintendo Switch launch titles as Breath of the Wild, 1-2 Switch, Just Dance, and Skylanders Imaginators, someone commented and asked why Skylanders was on there, saying that it "doesn't count." Let's see... last I checked, Skylanders Imaginators is indeed a video game developed by Toys for Bob that is set to be released on the Nintendo Switch system on March 3rd. Oh wait, it says down here...
"Skylanders Imaginators does not count as a video game if an anonymous Reddit user claims it should in fact be excluded." Nevermind then!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:31:13 01/02/2017 by TrapShadowFan
#5 Posted: 23:56:45 01/02/2017
I thought it didn't count because it's a port, more than anything.

The misconception around THAT is "some skylander game". The logo is right there on the picture, you can read my good sir on reddit.
---
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#6 Posted: 00:21:44 02/02/2017
I see people consider the entire franchise as one single game. While I can see where this comes from, due to the games being mostly pretty similar to one another, it kinda bugs me.

Also people think Crash and Cortex are PlayStation exclusives. HOW MANY TIMES DO I NEED TO SAY THAT CRASH'S STILL A ACTIVISION IP
---
Bruh
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#7 Posted: 00:51:07 02/02/2017
Quote: Bifrost
I thought it didn't count because it's a port, more than anything.

The misconception around THAT is "some skylander game". The logo is right there on the picture, you can read my good sir on reddit.

BotW is also a port. There are other ports coming out on day one on the eshop too.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#8 Posted: 01:00:13 02/02/2017
"They look like Happy Meal Toys"

***** plz, they are way better looking than a Happy Meal toy. I should know... I AM TheToyNerd after all.
#9 Posted: 02:41:18 02/02/2017
I could argue for the BW Pokémon line, but even those are clearly just cheaper official figures rather than some of the monstrosities they put out.

Heck, compare Skylanders to their actual Happy Meal toys. We have every single one of them on a figure now, including the villains(except Chompy).
---
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#10 Posted: 22:53:07 05/02/2017
Misconceptions yes...

¨The Shattered World From The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon is actually Skylands¨ You have no idea how wrong this is.

¨Skylanders is a Kids game¨ Yeah and people throw tantrums when they say nintendo games or Kingdom Hearts are Kids games so... Hypocrites.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me