Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Unbox or not to unbox?
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 02:37:13 23/01/2017 | Topic Creator
I'm thinking about getting a Crystal Stealth Elf, even though they are so crazily overpriced. But I'm interested on YOUR thoughts. Yes, you I'm talking to you.

If you purchased one would you use it? Would you take it out of the box immediately dropping its value even though in the game it appears no different to a normal Series 1 Stealth Elf that you can pick up for a couple of dollars these days?

Or would you keep it in its box forever and not use it and only look at it?
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#2 Posted: 02:41:49 23/01/2017
Do not un-box!! It significantly decreases the value, as you know. If you want to play with it, you know you can play with unopened Skylanders, just put the package on the portal.
---
Any last wishes?
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#3 Posted: 04:04:47 23/01/2017
I'm all about displaying figures, but I prefer them unboxed. It doesn't matter how much someone else values it if you're going to keep it. Do what YOU want to do with the figure because it's yours. If you plan on selling it later, then why even get it? That's just my view.
Okaps Platinum Sparx Gems: 6245
#4 Posted: 10:02:05 23/01/2017
The glue is going to pop off anyway~
---
#all Spyros are valid
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#5 Posted: 11:19:24 23/01/2017
I prefer to keep boxed, since it's a Chase Variant and all. I would just un-box her normal version.
---
Bruh
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#6 Posted: 16:42:41 23/01/2017
It is easy to re-adhere if it pops off on its own, because it probably didn't tear the card.

If it is a chase variant, I would not unbox. You can still play it in the box if you really want to play THAT Stealth Elf. Although there are many much cheaper options to play her, as a chase doesn't appear different in game other than some having a "Special" tag and some gold. If you are going to unbox it anyways, try and look for an unboxed one since you are going to open it anyways and someone else can eat the lack of package depreciation.

I did open one chase myself, the Roller Brawl one. Mainly because they were really common, even Gamestop sold them for a discount and it went with the other metal figures. I didn't see it as losing much.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#7 Posted: 20:56:58 23/01/2017
the imaginators boxes are easy to unbox without ruining the box.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#8 Posted: 21:36:33 23/01/2017
Quote: CountMoneyBone
the imaginators boxes are easy to unbox without ruining the box.

What a relevant comment to this thread... /s

But seriously, keep it in the box. It's a Chase Variant! Those things are rare as hell.
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#9 Posted: 22:08:30 23/01/2017
The one thing you need to ask yourself are you ever going to sell your figures... for me there's question... https://youtu.be/8efSqyC_hlo videos of my collection is a little old.. I moved and haven't gotten my stuff back up yet everything is still in boxes as of right now that's pretty much the only way I'd leave my stuff in boxed up
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#10 Posted: 22:20:33 23/01/2017
Open open set it free.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#11 Posted: 01:34:27 24/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: defpally
It is easy to re-adhere if it pops off on its own, because it probably didn't tear the card.

If it is a chase variant, I would not unbox. You can still play it in the box if you really want to play THAT Stealth Elf. Although there are many much cheaper options to play her, as a chase doesn't appear different in game other than some having a "Special" tag and some gold. If you are going to unbox it anyways, try and look for an unboxed one since you are going to open it anyways and someone else can eat the lack of package depreciation.

I did open one chase myself, the Roller Brawl one. Mainly because they were really common, even Gamestop sold them for a discount and it went with the other metal figures. I didn't see it as losing much.

I've got a Flocked Stump Smash that's starting to unbox itself (perhaps it wants to be free?) and I was just going to glue it back up. I'm leaning towards not unboxing Stealth Elf at this stage although I would probably prefer to buy one that has already been unboxed but they seem to be harder to find in the wild than the ones that are still in their original packaging. I just really want to touch it you know. Like that furry Stump Smash that's sitting in my filing cabinet. I can just imagine how great it feels, but I've resisted taking it out so far.

Quote: DAWNOFWAR
The one thing you need to ask yourself are you ever going to sell your figures... for me there's question... https://youtu.be/8efSqyC_hlo videos of my collection is a little old.. I moved and haven't gotten my stuff back up yet everything is still in boxes as of right now that's pretty much the only way I'd leave my stuff in boxed up

WOW!!!! So many things I love about your collection. I LOVE the way you had them displayed. Out of their packets, side by side with their variants with their cards behind them looked sensational. Plus you have a few things that I've never even seen that I didn't know existed. You Americans get all the good toys.
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#12 Posted: 19:05:57 24/01/2017
Quote:
I'm all about displaying figures, but I prefer them unboxed. It doesn't matter how much someone else values it if you're going to keep it. Do what YOU want to do with the figure because it's yours. If you plan on selling it later, then why even get it? That's just my view.

I dont care how brand new or rare or preowned a skylanders is ...... I wanna hold it in my hand .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#13 Posted: 08:06:49 25/01/2017
Quote: Dark fhoenix
I dont care how brand new or rare or preowned a skylanders is ...... I wanna hold it in my hand .

This is it for my son and I. We actually play and display them smilie

Every single chase is unboxed! smilie

[User Posted Image]
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#14 Posted: 10:23:09 25/01/2017
^ Wow, that's amazing! I agree it looks better than a bunch of packages.
---
Any last wishes?
Dark fhoenix Emerald Sparx Gems: 3166
#15 Posted: 19:31:35 25/01/2017
Quote:
Every single chase is unboxed!

You are my hero .
---
Hey Skylander your health is low and we have a chainsaw
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#16 Posted: 16:22:59 28/01/2017
Just unbox it if you are not gonna sell it anyway.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#17 Posted: 17:21:53 28/01/2017
Unbox, but only if you don't wanna sell it. I only have one Skylander boxed: a metallic purple Wrecking Ball that I plan to sell.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
#18 Posted: 01:40:41 30/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Just brought one unboxed. She is being posted to me today. Very happy with the price so a great outcome.

Quote: DarkPredator
Unbox, but only if you don't wanna sell it. I only have one Skylander boxed: a metallic purple Wrecking Ball that I plan to sell.

Any idea what sort of dollars they are selling for? I've seen a couple for sale recently.
sky-dragon Emerald Sparx Gems: 3206
#19 Posted: 10:31:27 30/01/2017
I unbox all my skylanders even the toys r us blue bash they had during a clear color bash back in ssa
---
"ryuujin no ken wo kurae!"
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me