darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders 7 gimmick ideas. Share yours!
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2
Skylanders 7 gimmick ideas. Share yours! [CLOSED]
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8532
#51 Posted: 23:12:29 25/10/2017
Isn't the gimmicks one of the reasons why the figures are so rampant and why the series isn't doing well? Theoretically Activision would just milk the gimmick for figures, and we have the same vicious cycle Skylanders have now?
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#52 Posted: 23:24:44 25/10/2017
Quote: JCW555
Isn't the gimmicks one of the reasons why the figures are so rampant and why the series isn't doing well? Theoretically Activision would just milk the gimmick for figures, and we have the same vicious cycle Skylanders have now?

Yeah, but doing the smart thing with the franchise means taking risks and *gasp* giving reasonable non-marketing budget to a kids' game. And it's much easier to sell microtransactions in COD. They'll gladly milk it dry for as much money as possible then throw the series under the bus, rather than have a reasonable stream of sucessful titles that doesn't necessarily need to break records every time.

And, as far as we know, that's exactly what they did.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:25:33 25/10/2017 by Bifrost
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#53 Posted: 03:10:57 26/10/2017
Quote: Halvmorke
So, more like Little Big Planet?

Without being (solely) in 2D and the emphasis on physics-based puzzle platforming... basically yes, that.

Quote: Bifrost
LBP creation would kill any budget from Acti teams. I think they're better off using chunks of levels that are visibly modular - everything in SSA, The Oracle, Iron Jaw Gulch, Spell Punk Library, Rat Kingdom, etc. Just these are more than enough to make a ton of levels with set NPCs and objectives without actually creating anything new, except making the pieces fit each other without breaking physics or collision. We know TFB has tools that do something of the sort because their extra missions deal with that, and it doesn't even require making Skylander gameplay and new figures.

... Or yeah, what Bifrost already said. smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:13:41 26/10/2017 by McMurderpaws
Chill bill meme Green Sparx Gems: 274
#54 Posted: 14:34:39 27/10/2017
My Skylander OC:

Sheep Shredder

Element: Life

He is a Wooden fat Creature who shreds People with his Shield. He can also transform into a Sheep.
#55 Posted: 14:43:54 27/10/2017
That goes on either Share Your Imaginators or Fandom, Chill Bill Meme.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#56 Posted: 15:56:41 27/10/2017
i just want a 7th game. i dont care what the gimmick is
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#57 Posted: 16:11:49 27/10/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
i just want a 7th game. i dont care what the gimmick is

Same. No matter what the gimmick always gives me a wow factor. Just as long as they deliver a new console game I would be very pleased and thankful.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#58 Posted: 16:31:50 27/10/2017
I totally do care what the gimmick is, because I don't want another SuperChargers... but I would like to see the franchise continue regardless.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#59 Posted: 17:10:37 27/10/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws
I totally do care what the gimmick is, because I don't want another SuperChargers... but I would like to see the franchise continue regardless.

yes. superchargers was a mistake.
#60 Posted: 17:13:33 27/10/2017
Superchargers Racing tho, good idea for a spinoff. Maybe we could go back to 3DS titles with these minigames, but... Really don't want to fool myself, why would Beenox come back to this after they got better porting projects.
---
acrobat_18 Green Sparx Gems: 269
#61 Posted: 18:54:01 27/10/2017
Here's an idea for the next Skylanders game
Complete with gimmicks etc.:

Skylanders: Double Impact

Selected new Skylanders can now do a tag-team based attack with a specific partner using a full meter.

There's a main and helper. The player controls the main and the helper assists. The helper is controlled by the CPU and only does main attacks. The player can switch characters anytime.

Helpers will lose no life if hit on Beginners, 50% less life on Normal, 75% less life on Hard, and similar as main on Nightmare. If any of the team members die, the portal asks for a new character or restart the level. Both characters will gain coins and health if one of them takes it.

Tag team special attacks are only available to "taggers" using 1 full meter
Teaming up with older characters makes the characters do 6-8 double elemental attack with one full meter.

Meters can build up through battles (Much faster than Sensei meters)

Only "taggers" can use tag-team attacks. Using 2 older characters or 1 "tagger" and 1 older character, the player can only tag and the helper can only cover. If there are 2 players, each can use a character and "tagging" will be null, but tag team attacks are still on.

All characters will be balanced and will be useful. (except vehicles)

Level Max increases to 25.

Vehicles, previous old stages and previous power ups can increase elemental powers

Sensei meter bar will be independent from the team attack bar.

Previous specials attacks can be uniquely utilized. (2 senseis can do 2 sensei skill attacks). This will make Senseis and Imaginators very useful

Elemental gates will be back and are unconventionally opened for example: Big block of trap crystal blocks a gate along with a huge boulder. Player must use a Trap Master to destroy the crystal and a Giant to remove the boulder/ a Swap Force opens up 2 elemental gate while a Mini release a latch hidden in a small cave/ Senseis, Eon's Elites, Imaginators and Cores can open regular elemental gates

There will be 86 characters but they are all sold as a twin pack for $19.99. Almost all will be core-sized. Guest stars will be Ratchet and Clank (Tech)(PS4/XBOX ONE exclusive) and Peach and Daisy (Life) (Switch exclusive). Male to female ratio will be about 6:4.

Each element will have 8 characters: 4 new (2 same element and 2 cross elemental), 2 series 2+ older core characters who can team up (same element) and 2 villains who can team up (cross elemental). New cross elemental characters will be based on puns for example: Tootie (Tech humanoid train M)/ Frootie (Life effeminate hula dancer with a fruit hat M); Hawkus (Air humanoid hawk M)/ Focus (Tech Eye robot M).

Many battles will have 50-100 enemies and battles like these will be numerous throughout the game

There will be a unique intro for all characters as well as endings after beating Obliv-Eon and Brainwashed Kaos' Mom (Tag Team) which can be saved in the archives of Skylanders Academy

Kaos will be the first boss. Final boss is Obliv-Eon (Eon's evil twin brother) and Brainwashed Kaos' Mom. After beating Kaos, he will act as a navigator and narrator, and help you throughout the game. The story of the game will be about how Kaos admits that he is just a misunderstood person because he's depressed about how Obliv-Eon is brainwashing his mom to be his bride. Obliv-Eon is trying to give Kaos' Mom Skylands as his gift to her. He's also trying to take Kaos out of the picture. Kaos is trying to stop the wedding while the Skylanders are trying to save Skylands from Obliv-Eon.

There will be 23 levels of 1.5 hours each to get everything, 30 minutes if just breezing by.
There will be 7 Adventure packs which includes 2 tag partners and a level for $29.99

Starter pack will have 4 characters: 2 same element (2 Magic characters - Glimmer(M) and Glamour(F)) and 2 cross element characters (1 Dark and 1 Light characters - Ebony(F) and Ivory(F)). ($74.99)

Dark starter pack will have 6 characters: same as above plus Dark Eon and Dark Kaos' Mom (Kaossandra) ($99.99)

Eon and Kaos' Mom (Kaossandra) will be their own element and are larger than the rest and will be released by Wave 3 during the holidays. Both can unlock all Elemental gates and an adventure level. The team will cost $29.99

The portal will have 2 slots for each character and 4 Trap Crystal slots. Each slot will increase the elemental power damage of the selected characters by 5% for example: player chose Spyro and Stealth Elf plus 3 magic traps and 1 life, Spyro's elemental damage will increase by 15% while Stealth Elf will increase by 5%.

There will be a relay race mode(on-foot fighting enemies) and a new Kaos' Challenge.

Series 2+ Tag Team to return:

(Wish List)
Sonic Boom Series 3 + Scratch Series 2
Blackout Series 2 + Nightfall Series 2
Bash Series 3 + Flashing Series 2
Sunburn Series 2 + Trail Blazer Series 2
Spotlight Series 2 + Astroblast Series 2
Food Fight Series 2 + Bumble Blast Series 2
Star Strike Series 2 + Deja Vu Series 2
Wind-Up Series 2 + Countdown Series 2
Bat Spin Series 2 + Hex Series 3
Punk Shock Series 2 + Echo Series 2

(Reality)
Whirlwind Series 4 + Jet Vac Series 4
Blackout Series 2 + Nightfall Series 2
Prism Break Series 3 + Bash Series 3
Eruptor Series 5 + Fryno Series 4
Spotlight Series 2 + Astroblast Series 2
Stealth Elf Series 6 + Stump Smash Series 3
Spyro Series 6 + Pop Fizz Series 5
Trigger Happy Series 4 + Drobot Series 3
Chop Chop Series 5 + Cynder Series 4
Gill Grunt Series 7 + Chill Series 4

Villains Tag Team:

Chef Pepper Jack (Fire) + Dreamcatcher (Air)
Gulper (Water) + Broccoli Guy (Life)
Luminous (Light) + Smoke Screen (Fire)
Nightshade (Dark) + Krankenstein (Air)
Brawl And Chain (Water) + Brawlrus (Tech)
Chomp Chest (Earth) + Bone Chompy (Undead)
Mesmeralda (Magic) + Shrednaught (Tech)
Eye Scream (Light) + Rage Mage (Magic)
Count Moneybone (Undead) + Eye Five (Dark)
Tussle Sprout (Earth) + Chompy (Life)

NEW CHARACTERS:
(Same element team)
Air + Air
Dark + Dark
Earth + Earth
Fire + Fire
Life + Life
Light + Light
Magic + Magic
Tech + Tech
Undead + Undead
Water + Water

(Cross element team)
Fire + Water
Light + Dark
Air + Earth
Magic + Tech
Undead + Life

Water + Air
Fire + Life
Light + Undead
Dark + Magic
Tech + Earth
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#62 Posted: 23:44:50 27/10/2017
Quote: acrobat_18

Eye Scream (Light) + Rage Mage (Magic)
Count Moneybone (Undead) + Eye Five (Dark)

Isn't Eye FIVE the Light Element and Eye SCREAM the Dark one, or did they switch Elements?
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:35:49 28/10/2017 by SkylandrPurists
#63 Posted: 00:08:37 28/10/2017
Did you need to quote the entire thing to correct one line

But, huh, why 2 of each element when combining themselves doesn't work for everyone. Making Undead more Undead can only go so far, and I don't think they're allowed to put eldritch abominations in the series.
---
#64 Posted: 08:12:33 28/10/2017
They're just examples... Also, after Imaginators, I wouldn't be surprised if they switched elements.
#65 Posted: 08:15:47 28/10/2017
The gimmick basically highlight dual attacks. Certain combinations can do a special attack while most (older characters) just does a "surround" combination attack. Also, they put Kaos in previous games. It would be a similar hype if players can play as Eon or Kaos' Mom in the next game especially seeing how well the animated series are received. In this game, the elders act as a universal key to all the gates. Plus, they are bigger and more powerful than the rest of the cast (replaces Eon's Elite).
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:21:00 28/10/2017 by acrobat_18
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#66 Posted: 11:11:09 28/10/2017 | Topic Creator
how tf is this relevant again?

it was just some stupid topic i thought of and nobody would answer

BUT NOOOOO

i didn't want to bump this old mess of a topic

and now i know for a fact that ttl is doomed

admin. if you're reading this, please close this topic i don't need this
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#67 Posted: 19:17:02 28/10/2017
I don’t want a new gimmick I want a new game that focuses on exciting lore and gameplay
I want 10 re-imagined Characters with completely new move sets along with an attack that is similar to sky-chi and each Skylander unlocks their own level that is exclude to that specific character.

1.Ultimate Spyro unlocks a level that represents that OG spyro games but has the dawn of the dragon move set.

2.Ultimate Cynder unlocks a level that is related to malefore + We get to fight him , but he escapes with a power gem that makes him stronger.

3. Ultimate Gill Grunt : We finally get to save his girl friend...The level looks like a island and his girlfriend is kept inside a fish tank by a villain who is in love with her , but she refuses to love him back.

4. Ultimate Sprocket : Unlocks a steam punk themed level where we get to fight an upgraded version of drill-x

5. Ultimate Nightfall : We go on an adventure to a haunted island with the sea shadow...which you don’t have to own.

6. Ultimate Jet-vac : He has his wings on his figure and for his level we get to vist jet-vac’s home.

7. Sunburn : I have no idea to be honest I just want him back

8. Astroblast : A future themed level + His figure is going to look good this time

9. Flashwing : After reading this fan made story... I kind of want a level that follows the same story that’s why I choose Flashwing https://weirdhyenas.deviantart...-Seed-510135836

10. Stealth Elf : a level that explores her backstory + have ambush as her master because I want him to be .
SkylandrPurists Emerald Sparx Gems: 3389
#68 Posted: 23:39:47 28/10/2017
At this point, I really don't care if Skylanders 7 has a gimmick or not. I'm just gonna wait and see what comes up. I'm already making two fan-games with my Imaginators. One with a gimmick, and one without.
---
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
smiliesmilie
AmbushFan Blue Sparx Gems: 919
#69 Posted: 00:38:59 29/10/2017
I like the Minions idea - have randomized Skylanders in blind bags, the use them in-game. Though they'd need to come up with a way to use multiple Skylanders at once, I don't think having a "leader Skylander" will work well as a gimmick. Perhaps something like Fire Emblem in real-time. It could work, but it'd need some major button remapping, and I can't see more than 4 playable Minions at a time will work on anything but the Switch.

Reminds me of the Gogos I collected as a kid, I liked those a lot. I'd love to revisit that same feeling I once had when getting new ones.

However, if not done right, we could end up losing money if we got duplicates. Or some other similar downside, like being too expensive for blind bags.

Given literally every other bad decision Acti have made (unresettable Crystalss when the franchise is on its' death bed, anyone?), I don't trust them not to **** everything up like usual, especially when this idea gives them every excuse possible to scam kids out of more money.

Besides, the Mystery Chests didn't do too great, based on what I've heard. Of course, they'll try that again - this is Acti - but they really don't need to raise the stakes any higher.

Still a cool idea though.

OTHER IDEAS:

1. Level Creator
The most obvious choice. You can already make your own Skylander, so how do you get better than that? By doing what your old competitor tried (and IMO failed) to do - level creation. Self-explanatory.

2a. Pets
I know some people aren't keen on the idea of "hint Skylanders", but I believe they exist. And that Air Strike is obvious - a brawler who uses his falcon more than his fists.
So how does it work? Similarly to Minions, but without blind bags. Buy a Gimmick for the price of a Sensei, then a pet for the same price as a Crystal or Trap (probably Crystal 'cause it's more expensive).
Use the Pets alongside Gimmicks to change some of its attacks, like giving more range or adding status effects.

2b. Items
I think a similar idea to 2a could work, but with weapons/equipment - buy weapons/equipment to change the Gimmick's playstyle. Not based on a "hint", though the idea has been around for some time.

3. Legends
Because **** gimmicks.
Get rid of toys. Only 10 Skylanders, unlockable throughout the game. Each Skylander has an elemental ability that can unlock new areas or progress the gameplay.
Lots of levels, items to collect, side modes, etc.. And an even bigger overworld than the MAP.
In other words, a decent game that won't look like a complete joke to everybody who isn't a Skylanders fan, and we won't need to explain why we spent over £150/$150 just to 100% the game.
I really like the idea of not sounding like an idiot whenever I mention that I'm a fan of an overpriced kid's game.
---
No fate. Only the power of will.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#70 Posted: 09:24:59 29/10/2017
I've mentioned it many times but I'm do so again here: a free to play model game. Basically just focus on making a good GAME first, with plenty of content, a good story that doesn't seemingly retcon half the lore for no reason, and well thought out combat sequences ( IE no cheap enemies, bosses that aren't either "dodge a bajillion things until weak point shows up", "infinite minion spawn because lazy & cheap" or "solve random puzzle to do damage" ). include invert control options ( 1 of the few things that still irritates me with both Skylanders & LEGO games is the lack of invert options...some have finally included the Y invert but not all ). Every individual Skylander character would be available digitally, with the possibility of unlocking them without paying a la games like Marvel Heroes Omega ( seeing as I refuse to pay $20 for a single character...that's insane ), while long time fans & collectors could use our toys to permanently unlock them including variants and series 2/series 3/mini/lightcore etc which could be relegated to exclusives for those with the corresponding toy. Plus Portals could still be used for classic play, though not required.

gameplay features would include:

Elemental Gates, both standard and dual-element
Traptanium Gates & Crystals
Battle Gongs
Elemental Zones like those in SA & Giants ( ex: lava areas for fire element characters, swimming through water for water element characters )
Vehicle missions like in Superchargers, but standalone from the main levels and not requiring a vehicle at all times just to do anything
an Arena, more in line with Swap Force & Trap Team than the lackluster & way too small arena from Imaginators
optional arcade with minigames including some form of Skystones ( I hate Skystones personally...at least when don't make it required ffs )
Giant areas
Swap Zones, more like the 3DS games for some though
regular updates to keep players interested & invested
no microtransactions beyond buying the individual digital Skyanders themselves & the vehicles for those that choose to do so
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:58:50 30/10/2017 by ChillStealthElf
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#71 Posted: 18:54:55 29/10/2017
I just want an Academy game, with the figures and gameplay based off of the show.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#72 Posted: 17:26:22 30/10/2017
My Skylander OC:

Sheep Shredder

Life Element

He is a Wooden fat Creature who Shreds people with his Shield with Blades. He can also transform into a Sheep.

Catchphrase: "Make way for my Shield"
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#73 Posted: 19:01:24 30/10/2017
Quote: Chill bill meme
My Skylander OC:

Sheep Shredder

Life Element

He is a Wooden fat Creature who Shreds people with his Shield with Blades. He can also transform into a Sheep.

quit spamming this, dude....
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#74 Posted: 20:16:03 30/10/2017
Quote: Chill bill meme
My Skylander OC:

Sheep Shredder

Life Element

Can you stop saying the same thing over and over?
#75 Posted: 22:16:20 31/10/2017
I aim to Freeze!
#76 Posted: 22:30:35 31/10/2017
Role Playing is not on this section.
---
First | Page 2 of 2
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me