Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > In Remembrance of "quagsire fan club"
Page 1 of 1
In Remembrance of "quagsire fan club"
LunarDistortion Ripto Gems: 3606
#1 Posted: 02:18:06 17/01/2017 | Topic Creator
It is a very mournful day. Today we shall remember the life of a fallen brethren, a good friend to us all, and the savior of the universe.

It is with a heavy heart and pain in my soul that I must utter these words...

"quagsire fan club" has died.

[User Posted Image]

R.I.P. quagsire fan club

March 2012 - January 2017

It is not often a topic such as this comes about. An idea so ingenious, so delightfully wacky that it lasts ages on the site. There are few that come to mind, especially if we don't include those who have been stickied. In some way or form these topics give us, the readers and writers of darkSpyro, a chance to gaze upon it and give ourselves to the idea. While trends may come and go, these topics stick in our minds. When we are listening to music, playing video games, drawing art, or just wanting to chat with fellow users, these topics give us a place of refuge to indulge in the wonderful sense of community this site has. It truly is a special thing.

However, there was something about this topic that was different. The topic wasn't based on a broad topic such as what music we may be listening to or the ability to show our faces over a digital medium, it was based off of a seemingly random Pokemon. How could such a topic grow to the heights it did? Well, I believe the answer is quite simple. Quagsire has this strange ability to relate to our struggles and touch our hearts.

"quagsire fan club" and I have a history together. It was the first topic I ever wrote in. In 2012, after lurking for almost 6 months I finally decided to get an account and I decided to click on a random page that caught my eye. I'll be the first to admit, the first few pages of the topic would be painful to go through today with the excess of "xD so randum" humor everywhere. However, it was a beginnings. "quagsire fan club" was born around the same time I joined. Since that day I pledged to try my hardest to keep it going as long as possible.

Since then, the topic has grown to a giant 5 pages and 203 posts over it's four years of life. While that might not seem like much, consider the topic itself. An inside joke from a long forgotten trend kept alive by the followers of the great and mighty Quagsire. "quagsire fan club" actually has achieved fame unseen by any other topic on the forum. It was somehow including in a video by popular gaming Youtuber/actual donkey videogamedunkey. On the video "Geenie.com", Dunkey attempts to dupe Akinator the Web Genie by thinking of Quagsire. At the 4:11 mark, Dunkey pulls up a picture on Google images directly from "quagsire fan club". You can find the video here and a screenshot below. The video was seen by 3,548,866 people. To put that into perspective, that's more than 237 times the amount of users on this site ever. This is all thanks to everyone who posted in the topic, to everyone who fought this good fight, I eternally thank you.

[User Posted Image]

"Quagsire! I dont even know what the [REDACTED]..." - videogamedunkey, March 17th 2013

However, we all knew the end game. It had to happen eventually. The topic was never going to last forever, but we never expected it to happen so quickly.

Exactly 4 years after it opened, night bomb guy made the last ever post in the topic. After that, it passed away quietly.

He was an old one, but he kept kicking until the bitter end. In the early days he got a lot of flack for being different, but it wasn't long until he found a group of friends that got him back on his feet and stuck by his side for the rest of his life. It truly is an underdog story. A fan club topic belittled for being weird and unneeded by people making other "needed" fan clubs that eventually finds his place and outlasts all of the other "normal" fan clubs.

We helped a simple random Pokemon become the savior, creator, and controller of the multiverse. We overlooked his obvious flaws and found the majestic, beautifully powerful being underneath. It's what we all want in the end, to love and be loved. Most of all, we did it together.

A very special thank you to StriderSwag for sticking with this topic and I since the very beginning. Thank you to spyroblack, even if he isn't around anymore, for introducing us to Quagsire. But most of all thank you to everyone who helped make Quagsire's life so grand, it's been an adventure.

Good night, sweet prince.

--------------------------------------

If you would, please give some nice thoughts regarding the life of our friend below.
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#2 Posted: 02:20:27 17/01/2017
The Quagsire Fan Club made me able to see love, and hope, and life again, I will never forget my good friend <:C
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#3 Posted: 03:29:16 17/01/2017
quagsire fan club gave me a will to live
---
Dead
Gengar Guy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1424
#4 Posted: 02:30:26 24/01/2017
*applause*

Aye. I remember that topic. And yes, in case you don't already know, I am the new alias of Night Bomb Guy, because the old account used an outdated email.
---
I always come back. Discord: .spectrespecs
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:28:09 27/01/2017 by Gengar Guy
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#5 Posted: 18:25:56 27/01/2017
Quag...sire?

[User Posted Image]

You mean something like this?
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me