Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
The Jetsons Meets WWE
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#1 Posted: 18:00:00 15/01/2017 | Topic Creator

Okay, real talk here? Warner Bros. has the rights to all the Hanna Barbera cartoons now. I'm glad they're doing something with it and all, but why do they keep pairing up these characters with WWE Wrestlers? First Scooby-Doo (twice), then Flintstones, and now this? Who else are we gonna see team up with WWE? Yogi Bear? Top Cat? Wacky Races? SNAGGLEPUSS? Of all the things to do with these characters, why shove them next to the WWE in movies that are gonna go straight to DVD anyways?

Also why are the WWE suddenly becoming more prominent in animated films in general? They're also in Surf's Up 2 if I recall.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#2 Posted: 18:15:06 15/01/2017
Funny enough, I tvtroped The Jetsons when I watched it a few days back. I didn't think anything of it, but seeing the trailer is just...

wow.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 18:17:14 15/01/2017
there are just memes waiting to happen here
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#4 Posted: 18:46:36 15/01/2017
What happened to George Jetson's voice? I mean, yeah, the original guy's probably too old now but this sounds nothing like him. @.@
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#5 Posted: 19:43:05 15/01/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03

Okay, real talk here? Warner Bros. has the rights to all the Hanna Barbera cartoons now. I'm glad they're doing something with it and all, but why do they keep pairing up these characters with WWE Wrestlers? First Scooby-Doo (twice), then Flintstones, and now this? Who else are we gonna see team up with WWE? Yogi Bear? Top Cat? Wacky Races? SNAGGLEPUSS? Of all the things to do with these characters, why shove them next to the WWE in movies that are gonna go straight to DVD anyways?

Also why are the WWE suddenly becoming more prominent in animated films in general? They're also in Surf's Up 2 if I recall.

I recall that Scooby Doo also did a WWE crossover a few years ago, Oh yeah Surf´s up 2: Wavemania I haven´t seen it yet but I should to see what did this time, although I don´t it follows the ¨Reality¨ show like plot that the original movie.

I blame the John Cena memes, lol.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#6 Posted: 23:27:43 15/01/2017
Wrestling is just popular with kids nowadays I guess. I see their toys all over the action figure aisle too.
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:28:23 15/01/2017 by Muffin Man
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#7 Posted: 00:02:51 16/01/2017
Quote: Muffin Man
Wrestling is just popular with kids nowadays I guess. I see their toys all over the action figure aisle too.

This, plus the John Cena memes. I'm totally fine with it, though.
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Carmelita Fox Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12119
#8 Posted: 00:14:26 16/01/2017
i miss dick ...
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#9 Posted: 00:17:08 16/01/2017
This is absolutely unrealistic. Big Show wouldn't get even remotely near the WWE Championship nowadays, let alone win it.

Also it's because WWE has been trying to get into the film industry for over a decade now. They frequently have their wrestlers star in generic action films, and tend to lend some to bigger productions (like Sheamus showing up in that last TMNT film).

They're trying to recreate the success The Rock has had in film, but entirely on their own. The problem is that the only two wrestlers who've really succeeded in kickstarting film careers did so in spite of the company, and did so after they left (Rock and Batista). Cena might go somewhere but that'll also probably be after he finally hangs it up.
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#10 Posted: 15:19:48 16/01/2017
Okay, this whole WWE crossover thing is getting ridiculous now. There can't actually be people asking for these abominations... can there be???
---
Purple dragon.
Greeble Emerald Sparx Gems: 4276
#11 Posted: 15:21:29 16/01/2017
Quote: Sboy13
Okay, this whole WWE crossover thing is getting ridiculous now. There can't actually be people asking for these abominations... can there be???

I hope not.

I watched the Flintstones one and it was horrendous.

Why would anyone in their right or left mind find this entertaining?
---
^ You all know it's true
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me