Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > All Purpose ARMS Topic! (waluigi'd update)
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
All Purpose ARMS Topic! (waluigi'd update)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#51 Posted: 00:39:00 17/05/2017 | Topic Creator
I've been at school all day, but i'm aware!
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#52 Posted: 01:50:59 17/05/2017
My body is ready

For the next character reveal

No I don't mean that way
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#53 Posted: 21:09:11 17/05/2017
Friendly reminder we have less than one hour left.
---
Bruh
#54 Posted: 21:19:24 17/05/2017
Here's the link if you want to watch it together

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uwqf09NP8Is
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#55 Posted: 22:24:45 17/05/2017
Sorry for double posting

But that was amazing!!!!

Byte and Barq are now my favorite characters
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#56 Posted: 22:28:58 17/05/2017
Good Direct. Excited for the game.
---
Bruh
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#57 Posted: 22:38:32 17/05/2017
Meh.

It really doesn't have €60 worth of content, at least not at launch.

In the bargain bin it goes then. The single-player also looks like bare-minimum crap. Grinding for random gear I can get repeats of wasn't fun in Smash, and it won't be fun here.

The bonus mini-games look like a fun time with friends, as does the normal mode but it's too shallow to be a serious fighter I want to get into, and I won't have people to play with regularly so I won't be able to enjoy it like a fun party game.

Also I don't have a Switch yet so the Testpunch is a bust for me. Hope you guys go and enjoy that now, though.

Also I'd have pay to play this online, screw that lol. Gonna need more online games I can get invested in if I'm gonna play this one online.

Splatoon 2's single-player looks freakin' insane though. That was a hype trailer.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#58 Posted: 22:56:18 17/05/2017
Yeah, the single player for both of these games looks great! Especially if the artwork implies what happened to Callie...

I'm really happy I actually predicted a lot of this stuff!
Demo for ARMS (Sorta)
No Single Player coverage for ARMS (There was a little tease at the end)
Single Player Trailer for Splatoon 2
Marie was actually right where I thought she'd be
Nintendo announcing the rest of the ARMS fighters

That free DLC looks cool though, hoping somewhere down the line there's some sort of major update like with Splatoon and the Sloshers and Splatlings. I suppose that could be a new mode.

I'm really excited about the Global Testpunch! It's not exactly what I was expecting a demo to be, but I'm glad it's actually a few days not just a weekend at pretty inconvenient times for me...
#59 Posted: 23:00:59 17/05/2017
Quote: isaac343018s
Yeah, the single player for both of these games looks great! Especially if the artwork implies what happened to Callie...

I'm really happy I actually predicted a lot of this stuff!
Demo for ARMS (Sorta)
No Single Player coverage for ARMS (There was a little tease at the end)
Single Player Trailer for Splatoon 2
Marie was actually right where I thought she'd be
Nintendo announcing the rest of the ARMS fighters

That free DLC looks cool though, hoping somewhere down the line there's some sort of major update like with Splatoon and the Sloshers and Splatlings. I suppose that could be a new mode.

I'm really excited about the Global Testpunch! It's not exactly what I was expecting a demo to be, but I'm glad it's actually a few days not just a weekend at pretty inconvenient times for me...

They literally had an entire section on it
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#60 Posted: 23:06:11 17/05/2017
I meant Story Mode. Or was there some section on the story that I missed? There was the origins of ARMS at the beginning but that's not what I mean by Story Mode
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#61 Posted: 23:21:08 17/05/2017
Okay, just got caught up on everything. And honestly, I think the game looks pretty cool. I'll definitely play it. Kinda bummed that there's no real single player campaign (that we know of, at least) but it looks fun and that's all I care about.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#62 Posted: 23:22:52 17/05/2017
Well, I feel that dude with the 6 arms and that moon base looking thing might be something similar to a campaign. Though admittedly, he might just be some sort of boss. It's hard to come up with a story mode for this type of game.
#63 Posted: 23:24:00 17/05/2017
Well, I feel that dude with the 6 arms and that moon base looking thing might be something similar to a campaign. Though admittedly, he might just be some sort of boss. It's hard to come up with a story mode for this type of game.

I always thought of some depressing action drama where Spring man is in the Grand Prix and has to deal with his ARMS
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#64 Posted: 00:34:29 18/05/2017
The game will probably not have a Story Mode, at least not at launch. Maybe the single player mode will have some lore and all of that.

Also here's the main theme:

---
Bruh
#65 Posted: 00:48:01 18/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Site updated with images of the new guys and Testpunch times http://arms.nintendo.com/#

I can tell that it's trying to give off splatoon vibes. Testfire/punch, a singing protagonist.. but hey, i like it.

Also, if Ninjara is at "ninja college", then him and Min Min need to hook up ASAP
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#66 Posted: 14:43:41 19/05/2017
Twintelle is so T H I C C and I can't handle it
---
My life is complete.
#67 Posted: 18:24:28 21/05/2017 | Topic Creator
just a reminder- the first ARMS Global Testpunch is at 5pm PST on May 26th, for NA only.
#68 Posted: 21:23:30 21/05/2017
Why is it North American exclusive? Is there any reasoning behind it?
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#69 Posted: 21:25:52 21/05/2017
Why is it North American exclusive? Is there any reasoning behind it?

USA is the best country, it's a fact.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#70 Posted: 21:00:20 22/05/2017
Maybe because us American's aren't as sold on the game as other people around the world?

...I'm not saying that is the case, I mean, I'm an American and I'm looking forward to it.
---
Check this out! Please?
#71 Posted: 16:33:34 26/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Testpunch period 1 starts today. North America only, goes 5pm pst to 6pm pst.

there's other timeslots noted below-

[User Posted Image]
#72 Posted: 16:41:13 26/05/2017
I wanna see people posting the soundtrack. Really excited for that.
---
Bruh
#73 Posted: 16:44:28 26/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Heads up- the six playable characters for the testpunch are..

Spring Man
Ribbon Girl
Ninjara
Master Mummy
Min-Min
Helix

no thicctelle smilie
#74 Posted: 16:54:33 26/05/2017
I can't Play Global Test-Punch

Wah Wah
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#75 Posted: 18:08:22 26/05/2017
No Mechanica? What?
---
Bruh
#76 Posted: 21:31:16 26/05/2017
Well, I tried to play the test punch around five... and it kept telling me the service is unavailable.
Maybe I just joined too early or something? I dunno but I'll try again later and if it says the same thing I'll just delete it and wait for the full game to come out.
---
Check this out! Please?
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#77 Posted: 21:34:29 26/05/2017
Quote: AdamGregory03
Well, I tried to play the test punch around five... and it kept telling me the service is unavailable.
Maybe I just joined too early or something? I dunno but I'll try again later and if it says the same thing I'll just delete it and wait for the full game to come out.

5 PM pacific time.
---
Dead
#78 Posted: 21:36:44 26/05/2017
Quote: mega spyro
Quote: AdamGregory03

5 PM pacific time.

Oh... So for me it'd be at eight since I'm central time... Okay, my bad.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:39:39 26/05/2017 by AdamGregory03
#79 Posted: 21:52:13 26/05/2017
That'd be 7 Central. It's 8pm Eastern for me
#80 Posted: 01:04:23 27/05/2017 | Topic Creator
MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL MECHANICA BEST GIRL
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#81 Posted: 01:11:27 27/05/2017
Those were some of my least favorite controls I've ever dealt with in a Nintendo game. I could now move at all during most of my matches. In one game of the Volleyball thing I was stuck walking backwards and right the entire time. I could not move. I think that might have been a glitch, but even for most games my movement was both very limited and slow. And as far as I could tell, there was no way to turn the camera, which lost me at least 2 matches.
---
Dead
#82 Posted: 01:12:29 27/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: mega spyro
Those were some of my least favorite controls I've ever dealt with in a Nintendo game. I could now move at all during most of my matches. In one game of the Volleyball thing I was stuck walking backwards and right the entire time. I could not move. I think that might have been a glitch, but even for most games my movement was both very limited and slow. And as far as I could tell, there was no way to turn the camera, which lost me at least 2 matches.

i just used the grip mode. much easier there.
Iblistech Platinum Sparx Gems: 5099
#83 Posted: 01:14:53 27/05/2017
Just got into and played a bit of the Testpunch. I absolutely LOVE it! I defeated Master Mummy twice as Helix. I think he's going to be one of my mains in the full game! smilie
---
Hail to the King, baby!
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 01:16:23 27/05/2017 by Iblistech
#84 Posted: 01:20:33 27/05/2017
Test Punch was a lot of fun imo. Controls took some getting used to, but as far as I'm concerned I'm sold on the game.
---
Check this out! Please?
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#85 Posted: 13:16:17 27/05/2017
The lobby is top tier, tho! I've never seen an online lobby done so well in a multiplayer game before. I absolutely love it!
#86 Posted: 17:08:40 27/05/2017 | Topic Creator
the lobby is a riot.

here are some good pictures i took

[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

and heres how to use the alt decos

#87 Posted: 21:54:09 27/05/2017
So I managed to play in the two sessions today and holy carbs is this game fun. I was already sold on it, but this really sealed in the deal. I played most with Min Min because her dragon arm is insane if timed correctly.

I played a bit with Helix, he's pretty fun. His movements are really weird but I find them hilarious.
I STINK as Ninjara. I was expecting to main him, but I can't for the life of me win a match with him.
I only played a little with Mechanica, but I didn't really like her. It may have been the arms, it may have been the floating, or I just straight up disliked her.
Master Mummy's healing in three person battles (which I have dubbed Three-For-All, since it is a free for all battle) is crazy. I just let the other two people duke it out while I heal.
I can't play Spring Man. He's just too boring for me.
Ribbon Girl I really liked, her multi-jump is really easy and fun to use.

Overall, Min Min was (is/probably will be forever) my favorite. That dragon arm is really good.

I don't really like the Three-For-Alls, but that's mainly because the up arrow for switching targets is too far of a reach to do quickly. It gets really annoying if you're literally focused on one person but you're mentally focused on the other.

V-Ball isn't as great as I'd hoped either. I feel like it's too easy to win by a lot or lose by a lot. Certain arms are better for certain things, I understand, but you really shouldnt have one arm be extremely good at V-Ball and the other be nigh unusable.

My favorite mode was the downright brawls. 2v2 and 1v1 are way more fun than I expected. I really wish I could've played Hoops though.

Speaking of unplayable, why for the love of Grodd is my actual fave Twintelle not playable. 0/10 worst testpunch ever.
#88 Posted: 00:44:44 28/05/2017
So I'm gonna list the characters from worst to best(1 is best), this is only my opinion though.

10:Spring Man(I'm usually fine with the box-art all around characters, but this is the worst one i've seen. Very unispired and lazy)
9:Kid Cobra(We got another D.VA here, he livestreams himself beating the crap out of other people. His ability design is so boring and lazy, the ability to dodge? What, I've never heard that before. LAMES)
8:Ribbon Girl(Very powerful from what I can tell, I like that, but the fact she can stay in the air for 20 seconds, yes she can do that I saw it, is ridiculous, but she's alright)
7:Twintelle(I like her ability, but using her hair is kind of cheating, it's called ARMS, not HAIRS, also her ability seems very powerful, and the fact she's a movie star is pretty off-putting for me)
6:Min-Min(Her ability is pretty boring, but the rest of her character is great, #Noodlearms)
5:Ninjara(Now we are getting into the characters the characters I like)(A great Ninja-character and his abilty is fitting and very good)
4:Mechanica(Kinda like D.VA, but only because of the suit, her intelligence to make her own ARMS is neat, and I love her fists as well)
3:Master Mummy(When the game was first announced, he was my favorite character, not fased by punches? Healing while guarding? Giant Maces as ARMS? Seems like my kind of character)
2:Helix(Meme-worthy, his ability is amazingly original, and his fists are amazingly useful)
1:Byte and Barq(His ability is original, his fists are useful, he makes a positive look on police officers, and he has an adorable ROBO-DOG who helps you out while you fight, amazing)

So those are my opinions on the characters
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#89 Posted: 02:48:16 28/05/2017 | Topic Creator
i hate v-ball with a burning passion
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#90 Posted: 02:49:50 28/05/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

You're just a scrub at it. Remember, just hit it! It's not like real Volleyball
#91 Posted: 02:51:39 28/05/2017 | Topic Creator
In other news, i believe i have somewhat mastered mechania
#92 Posted: 04:31:22 28/05/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Quote: ZapNorris

You're just a scrub at it. Remember, just hit it! It's not like real Volleyball

I agree with Zap, but there are a few tips to help.
Hitting it with two hands sets the ball, hitting it again will spike it
Its so much better as 2v2
The ball itself has a timer until it explodes, so you could juggle it on your side and spike it over as its about to explode
The very last ball to spawn in a match will fall straight down on whichever side it is
Its really a lot better as 2v2
Dont use very focused arms (like the dragons or the homies) since they dont hit the ball as hard
I like to use the Ram Rams on Min Min since theyre fast and powerful enough to actual hit the ball noticeably
Did I mention how much more fun it is with 2 people going against 2 people?
#93 Posted: 12:23:12 28/05/2017
V-Ball's probably my least favorite mode too. Or at least, probably the mode I'll play the least of when I get the game. I dunno, I mean, it was fun at first, but I just preferred actually fighting.

Anyway, my top three characters from the first Test Punch:

Ninjara's pretty good, he's a faster character and is pretty good at dodging. 'Cept he's not the best choice against the bigger characters.
Ribbon Girl is now my Arms Waifu and I don't even care that she's only seventeen I can wait a year.
Master Mummy's healing is pretty good, but his size and speed doesn't make him that great in anything other than one-on-one. At least, from what I've seen and played.
---
Check this out! Please?
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#94 Posted: 21:35:55 29/05/2017
By the way, next weekend will have basket ball instead of V-ball
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
#95 Posted: 21:38:18 29/05/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: sprocketrocket
By the way, next weekend will have basket ball instead of V-ball

AWWW YEAH BAYBEE!

- -

Be sure to leave your switch usernames here so we can identify each other if we see anyone in lobbies. mine is "Zappy".

My quest to become the best Mechanica in NA begins friday. I was experimenting quite a bit this week, but i've really gotten good as Mechanica.
#96 Posted: 22:17:27 29/05/2017
OK GREAT. I LOVE THE LOOK OF HOOPS.

Is it wrong for me to dream of us getting to use some different characters for next weekend as well?
#97 Posted: 22:32:06 29/05/2017 | Topic Creator
OK GREAT. I LOVE THE LOOK OF HOOPS.

Is it wrong for me to dream of us getting to use some different characters for next weekend as well?

i'd say replace min min and mummy with twintelle and byte/barq
#98 Posted: 03:20:30 30/05/2017
Even though I love Min Min, I wouldnt mind replacing her with my other favorite character
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#99 Posted: 03:23:02 30/05/2017
So far my favorite characters to use have been Spring Man and Ninjara. Mechanica and Mummy are too slow for my tastes, Helix's abilities aren't that useful to me, and Ribbon Girl and Min Min don't really have arms that I like, although I know that that issue can be solved in the full game.

Oh, by the way, I'm Knight56 on there. Just so you know. smilie
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
First | Page 2 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me