darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Skylanders: Imaginators confirmed for Nintendo Switch as a launch title!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5
Skylanders: Imaginators confirmed for Nintendo Switch as a launch title!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#101 Posted: 12:23:15 14/01/2017
Quote: XSparxX
Quote: Muffin Man
Lack of a racing mode will keep this from being the definitive version for me (it seems the Wii U version will remain the version with the most content), but I'm sure I'll still get it sometime down the line when I can get it by itself for a few dollars at Gamestop.

I wonder why they took the racing mode out, though? Issues with scanning in the vehicles and traps, maybe?

Why is the Wii U version the version with the most content?

Bowser and DK!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
Buuzer Hunter Gems: 6546
#102 Posted: 12:31:26 14/01/2017
Lack of a racing mode will keep this from being the definitive version for me (it seems the Wii U version will remain the version with the most content), but I'm sure I'll still get it sometime down the line when I can get it by itself for a few dollars at Gamestop.

I wonder why they took the racing mode out, though? Issues with scanning in the vehicles and traps, maybe?

Bowser & DK (with their vehicles).
---
smilie smilie smilie youtube.com/user/GOWBuuzer smilie smilie smilie
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#103 Posted: 12:37:23 14/01/2017
I realize they don't have a portal owner's pack because there is no portal. But, couldn't they just release the game by itself? Also, there is no need for them to put the exact same figures and crystal in the pack. Put something new in there and it would definitely get people to buy it. With features removed however, it may deter buyers to have to spend the money. Why do I want to buy the same game I have, that doesn't do as much and get duplicates of stuff that I obviously don't need. If it was $30 I might get it just to have in on the Switch, even though some features don't work. My only thought is since it was not release on the Wii or 3DS this time, maybe they are thinking people that didn't have a Wii U will be getting the Switch and will need the complete starter pack. Thoughts?
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#104 Posted: 15:26:42 14/01/2017
Quote: Buuzer

Bowser & DK (with their vehicles).

Yeah, but... Better graphics, though. Bowser and DK are alright Skylanders, but they aren't worth the Wii U version IMO. Especially because the Creator takes way longer to load on the Wii U version than it does on Xbox One or PS4
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#105 Posted: 16:51:15 14/01/2017
I planned to not buy most Wii U games with Switch ports, but I'll get the Wii U version because of the Racing, even if SuperChargers already has it. Bowser and DK are compatible in the Switch too, but still.

Quote: pezskylander
I realize they don't have a portal owner's pack because there is no portal. But, couldn't they just release the game by itself? Also, there is no need for them to put the exact same figures and crystal in the pack. Put something new in there and it would definitely get people to buy it. With features removed however, it may deter buyers to have to spend the money. Why do I want to buy the same game I have, that doesn't do as much and get duplicates of stuff that I obviously don't need. If it was $30 I might get it just to have in on the Switch, even though some features don't work. My only thought is since it was not release on the Wii or 3DS this time, maybe they are thinking people that didn't have a Wii U will be getting the Switch and will need the complete starter pack. Thoughts?

I think the objective is bring in new players, not call in people who already played. Basically.
---
Bruh
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#106 Posted: 17:02:52 14/01/2017
Thinking about it, if I do get the switch pack, then this could be a good oppurtunity for me to try that Imaginator-Sensei figure idea I had a while ago. 'Cause it's not like I need two King Pens or Golden Queens. I just need to decide what two characters I could do for it then...
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#107 Posted: 19:46:33 14/01/2017
Quote: Crash10
I planned to not buy most Wii U games with Switch ports, but I'll get the Wii U version because of the Racing, even if SuperChargers already has it. Bowser and DK are compatible in the Switch too, but still.

I think the objective is bring in new players, not call in people who already played. Basically.

Aren't Bowser and DK compatible on the Wii U? Why is everyone making a big deal that they are compatible?
#108 Posted: 20:29:55 14/01/2017
Yes, they are.

Maybe to attract Nintendo fans again. Maaaybe?
---
Bruh
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#109 Posted: 20:41:35 14/01/2017

^ This. There doesn't seem to be a lot of launch titles for the Switch. So people buy it for their kids, kids get bored, parents look for next game to shut kids up so they buy Skylanders because there's not a lot of other options initially.
Dalton977622 Blue Sparx Gems: 804
#110 Posted: 21:05:04 14/01/2017
Well that's great that it's coming to Switch and after I've watched the presentation of it, I think I can get it and that's not only for Skylanders or the upcoming Pokémon game. (okay maybe just that too.) But there are many questions that you guys have thinking as I am and yes one of them is crucial.

1. Will my Portal of Power work in Switch even if the portal's not included in the Starter Pack?
Without the Portal in any Skylanders games might break the purpose of Skylanders being a magical dimension and besides, I prefer the Portal more then using the In Built NFC Reader to add my toys in my digital collection.
2. If this version will not have Racing, will this have other modes to balanced out the other consoles? Okay this is another crucial thing but If PVP became a Switch exclusive for awhile or never, I'm getting it pronto.
3. Can Vehicles and Traps be added to the digital collection with the Traptanium Portal?
This version will bring up to 300+ figures so if we're not adding Vehicles or Traps in our collection then what's the point of having them and besides, I smell a Switch version of Trap Team around the long corner.

If you guys have any theories of these questions then I can join you with these.
#111 Posted: 22:56:22 14/01/2017
Quote: Dalton977622
Well that's great that it's coming to Switch and after I've watched the presentation of it, I think I can get it and that's not only for Skylanders or the upcoming Pokémon game. (okay maybe just that too.) But there are many questions that you guys have thinking as I am and yes one of them is crucial.

1. Will my Portal of Power work in Switch even if the portal's not included in the Starter Pack?
Without the Portal in any Skylanders games might break the purpose of Skylanders being a magical dimension and besides, I prefer the Portal more then using the In Built NFC Reader to add my toys in my digital collection.
2. If this version will not have Racing, will this have other modes to balanced out the other consoles? Okay this is another crucial thing but If PVP became a Switch exclusive for awhile or never, I'm getting it pronto.
3. Can Vehicles and Traps be added to the digital collection with the Traptanium Portal?
This version will bring up to 300+ figures so if we're not adding Vehicles or Traps in our collection then what's the point of having them and besides, I smell a Switch version of Trap Team around the long corner.

If you guys have any theories of these questions then I can join you with these.

You really think so? What about the other games?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#112 Posted: 00:09:26 15/01/2017
who will buy the switch version now?... havent everyone that is interested bought it for the wiiu, xb360, xbone, ps4, ps3 and finished the game and now they are gonna buy it again?? dont make sense... i just dont see any parents paying 300 dollars for the switch and then pick up imaginators and buy all the figures for it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:10:08 15/01/2017 by CountMoneyBone
#113 Posted: 00:17:33 15/01/2017
Quote: CountMoneyBone
who will buy the switch version now?... havent everyone that is interested bought it for the wiiu, xb360, xbone, ps4, ps3 and finished the game and now they are gonna buy it again?? dont make sense... i just dont see any parents paying 300 dollars for the switch and then pick up imaginators and buy all the figures for it.

Who says they have to buy the game and the Switch at the same time?
#114 Posted: 00:23:21 15/01/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd

are they gonna buy the switch without any games??... there is no bundles, you will have to buy a game for it.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#115 Posted: 00:26:10 15/01/2017

are they gonna buy the switch without any games??... there is no bundles, you will have to buy a game for it.

That's what Breath of the Wild is for... Imaginators is just another option.
#116 Posted: 00:34:12 15/01/2017

This version is not meant for people who already have the game. It's for new players.

That's what Breath of the Wild is for... Imaginators is just another option.

When you're the only living being on Earth who is not planning to buy Breath of the Wild...
---
Bruh
#117 Posted: 01:00:35 15/01/2017
i have doubt that any nintendo fans would pick it up in the first place, they would pick zelda and mario games first.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#118 Posted: 01:02:08 15/01/2017
i have doubt that any nintendo fans would pick it up in the first place, they would pick zelda and mario games first.

Mario isn't out til the holiday season, most unfortunately.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#119 Posted: 01:47:38 15/01/2017
I'll probably get the Switch version after I get BotW. The Wii U version will be my main version but the Switch version will be great for leveling up characters and playing Skylanders on the go.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#120 Posted: 01:55:36 15/01/2017
I would be tempted to buy Switch just for the ability to play Skylanders on the go if there was more than one Skylanders game I could play on it. But with Imaginators probably being the only Skylanders game that will ever be playable on it I won't be buying a Switch.
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#121 Posted: 02:24:03 15/01/2017
I pre-ordered my Nintendo switch along with breath of the wild and skylanders Imaginators (even tho I already have it on Wii U and PS4). Have to say I was really hopping for a switch port so that was a day one buy for me.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
#122 Posted: 03:13:04 15/01/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

what about mario kart 8 deluxe?
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#123 Posted: 03:20:38 15/01/2017

Not a launch title, either.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:20:49 15/01/2017 by TheToyNerd
#124 Posted: 03:21:03 15/01/2017

The 28th of April.
---
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#125 Posted: 03:29:56 15/01/2017
100 NEW PARTS.

DOOMLANDER PARTS PLEASE. I WANT TO CREATE THEM SENTINEL, BOWSLINGER, AND SWASHBUCKLER AS IMAGINATORS.
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5348
#126 Posted: 06:30:00 15/01/2017

It has DK and Bowser as playable characters (which the Xbox and Playstation versions don't have) and it has the racing mode (which the Switch version doesn't have).

Yeah, but... Better graphics, though. Bowser and DK are alright Skylanders, but they aren't worth the Wii U version IMO. Especially because the Creator takes way longer to load on the Wii U version than it does on Xbox One or PS4

Graphics/performance vs content is a matter of personal preference, but the fact remains that the Wii U version does have the most content (whereas it would be tied with the Switch version if the Switch version hadn't lost racing mode, which was my point).
---
Boop me if you see this.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:40:18 15/01/2017 by Muffin Man
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#127 Posted: 11:29:30 15/01/2017
I'm almost tempted to trade in my PS3 starter pack and get the Switch version. I know there won't be much differences, I just prefer to play games on the go and I like the idea of switching between my Skylanders in-game without having to scan them on the portal every time.
Braveheart2015 Blue Sparx Gems: 760
#128 Posted: 21:08:42 15/01/2017
I just hope that have a digital version on the Switch Store....
---
I'm so legendary, no one has even heard of me!
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#129 Posted: 16:22:27 16/01/2017
Quote: Dalton977622

No. On one of the corners of the Joy-Con controllers (bottom right, I think), you can scan in your skylanders ONCE. Then you don't need the figure until you update the stats of the character, then you tap the figure again. Portal free!

I'm assuming story mode only, the Switch is not going to be as powerful as an XBOne or a PS4.

No, vehicles are probably too big to be scanned in, and there is no way to read traps, as there is no trap slot.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#130 Posted: 02:22:33 17/01/2017
Isn't there a USB port on the back of the dock?
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#131 Posted: 02:25:10 17/01/2017
I'll pick this up, just not on launch. I'll wanna play BOTW and 1,2,switch (digital cow milking is the future) so this will wait
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#132 Posted: 03:14:42 17/01/2017
What do you think you're seeing in this picture?
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#133 Posted: 04:45:48 17/01/2017
Quote: Braveheart2015

It looks like there are two USB ports on the side of the dock, but the portable screen itself only has a USB-C socket, so you wouldn't be able to connect a portal directly to the Switch while on the go. Scanning the figures in seems like the most reasonable option for the sake of portability.
#134 Posted: 05:21:42 17/01/2017
Quote: Drawdler
The character select screen.
It doesn't reveal anything new, but I thought it's neat to see it.

We already got a glimpse in one B-Roll. But still, pretty neat.
---
Bruh
#135 Posted: 14:11:39 17/01/2017
Quote: Darkling183
Quote: Braveheart2015

It looks like there are two USB ports on the side of the dock, but the portable screen itself only has a USB-C socket, so you wouldn't be able to connect a portal directly to the Switch while on the go. Scanning the figures in seems like the most reasonable option for the sake of portability.

Well at least there's still a chance that we can we our portal when NOT on the go. I'm not exactly all up for this portability, I just want to play Super Mario Odyssey! smilie
---
MA-Josh Blue Sparx Gems: 587
#136 Posted: 22:12:54 17/01/2017
EDIT: Disregard smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
Josh from Mon Amiibo
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:19 17/01/2017 by MA-Josh
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#137 Posted: 22:30:39 17/01/2017
Not new; that menu is in all versions of the game, I'm pretty sure. The new menu is the one that actually allows you to change/scan your Skylanders (as seen in the GIF).
---
Purple dragon.
#138 Posted: 22:37:28 17/01/2017
Ah, whoops, it looked like the digital library. Note to self: don't make posts before morning coffee :>
---
Josh from Mon Amiibo
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#139 Posted: 22:41:14 17/01/2017
Now what has me worried...
you know how King-Pen's a Brawler? So is Grave Clobber. Now I'm nervous that we're gonna be seeing Grave Clobber exclusive to some special Switch Starter Packs that have him instead of King-Pen.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#140 Posted: 22:43:12 17/01/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
you know how King-Pen's a Brawler? So is Grave Clobber. Now I'm nervous that we're gonna be seeing Grave Clobber exclusive to some special Switch Starter Packs that have him instead of King-Pen.

We already saw the Switch Starter Pack, and Grave Cobbler is coming on his own a bit later, so I personally doubt it.
---
Bruh
#141 Posted: 22:44:58 17/01/2017

We already saw the Switch Starter Pack, and Grave Cobbler is coming on his own a bit later, so I personally doubt it.

I do too, but I worry that Activision is gonna pull a trick like that. They did with Chompy-Mage and a few of the Creation crystals so far.
---
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#142 Posted: 22:44:59 17/01/2017

I doubt that would happen. Even if that's the case, he would still be sold separately for those who already own the game on other systems.

Edit: Ninja'd
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:45:33 17/01/2017 by alicecarp
#143 Posted: 22:54:10 17/01/2017

I do too, but I worry that Activision is gonna pull a trick like that. They did with Chompy-Mage and a few of the Creation crystals so far.

They specifically referred to Grave Clobber when talking about the new figures coming this year, so I wouldn't worry too much
---
Josh from Mon Amiibo
#144 Posted: 01:51:03 18/01/2017
Quote: MA-Josh

They specifically referred to Grave Clobber when talking about the new figures coming this year, so I wouldn't worry too much

Yeah, thanks. I hope they don't do that, but we'll have to see.
---
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#145 Posted: 02:18:06 18/01/2017

switch starter pack is confirmed to have the same stuff as the regular, sans portal
#146 Posted: 02:36:24 18/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

switch starter pack is confirmed to have the same stuff as the regular, sans portal

Yeah, but you remember with SuperChargers how some starter packs had Gold Hot Streak instead of regular? I was thinking of that.
---
First | Previous | Page 3 of 5 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me