Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Incoming package from Toys for Bob
Shippin Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#1 Posted: 22:16:56 12/01/2017 | Topic Creator
So I've been receiving email alerts all week from UPS about a package from TOYS FOR BOB C/O ACTIVISION and I have no idea what it is. It was supposed to arrive in Seattle on Tuesday from California, but it has been stuck in Oregon because of the snow. The only information I have, other than it's current location is that it weighs 2.00lbs. Has anyone else received any packages from Toys for Bob lately where they were notified from UPS that it was coming?

I doubt its a custom character, as I haven't entered any contests, and the only character I ordered was delivered months ago (there have been zero purchases or charges since). I'm not really sure what else it could be...
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#2 Posted: 22:55:48 12/01/2017
Probably a custom character. I've heard of others receiving a package weighing about two pounds from TfB, and it turned out to be their figure.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#3 Posted: 23:38:55 12/01/2017
I don't know why you would be getting a figure if you haven't entered any contests and haven't ordered one, but I'm pretty sure it's a custom figure. Mine weighs 2 pounds, and I think mine was also coming from California.
---
Dead
#4 Posted: 21:01:05 13/01/2017 | Topic Creator
I'll find out today, it has apparently made it through the snow.
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#5 Posted: 21:52:23 13/01/2017
Its a custom figyre from the creator app.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
#6 Posted: 22:37:11 13/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: trixster68

That's what most people seem to think. I'll seen in about an hour when I get home. The reason I figured it wasn't one was because I haven't placed any orders since the initial one I made, nor have I entered any contests. Not to mention the custom figure I ordered was delivered via USPS First Class Shipping directly from Shapeways in Seattle, Washington. Whatever this one is, is being handled by UPS and is coming from Petaluma, California.

Hopefully whatever it is lives up to all the excitement that has been building from these constant emails updating me on its position.
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#7 Posted: 23:24:16 13/01/2017
Quote: Shippin
Quote: trixster68

That's what most people seem to think. I'll seen in about an hour when I get home. The reason I figured it wasn't one was because I haven't placed any orders since the initial one I made, nor have I entered any contests. Not to mention the custom figure I ordered was delivered via USPS First Class Shipping directly from Shapeways in Seattle, Washington. Whatever this one is, is being handled by UPS and is coming from Petaluma, California.

Hopefully whatever it is lives up to all the excitement that has been building from these constant emails updating me on its position.

Mine is also coming from Petaluma, and should be arriving today.
---
Dead
#8 Posted: 23:27:31 13/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Well, definitely not exciting. It was just another custom figure. Definitely something I didn't design, order or pay for...

It's a horned, winged, bow wielding tiger ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 23:41:46 13/01/2017
Quote: Shippin
Well, definitely not exciting. It was just another custom figure. Definitely something I didn't design, order or pay for...

It's a horned, winged, bow wielding tiger ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

...I think you should contact Shapeways about that, mate! I think you swiped someone's print by accident.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#10 Posted: 23:53:01 13/01/2017
I hope that doesn't happen much. How would anyone know they're not going to get it? What a mess that would be.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:55:10 13/01/2017 by 4inCreation
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#11 Posted: 23:55:37 13/01/2017
Oh boy I hope it's not Optimall's. Considering how much Acti keeps passing his issue to someone else wouldn't be surprised if they're sending figures to the wrong people.

Even if not, I'd signal boost on the subreddit or something. This could be someone's late xmas gift.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:56:22 13/01/2017 by Bifrost
#12 Posted: 00:04:58 14/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Shapeways was contacted already. We'll see what they say, though I have a feeling they'll try bouncing me over to Activision.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#13 Posted: 00:27:48 14/01/2017
we gotta get this winged tiger back home
dinoah2005 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3472
#14 Posted: 17:42:47 15/01/2017
Hey Shippin,
What is the name of the custom character when you place it on the portal?
Post the name here (I would recommend a new Topic titled: <Name> is trying to find his home)and hopefully whoever created it will see it posted here and work with Activision to get it back home.

The easiest way is for Activision to send you a pre-paid label for you to stick on the package and mail it off, it then would go to the proper home. Of course tracking would be included.

Who knows, maybe Activision will give you something for this honest endeavor.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:46:26 15/01/2017 by dinoah2005
Talarus Yellow Sparx Gems: 1374
#15 Posted: 22:08:31 15/01/2017
It isn't by chance a white tiger with blue stripes, is it?
Water element?
(I hope not....)
#16 Posted: 21:42:12 17/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: Talarus
It isn't by chance a white tiger with blue stripes, is it?
Water element?
(I hope not....)

Nope, you're clear.

Been working with Shapeways, sending pictures of the box it was shipped in and the figure. They are trying to figure out which order it was so that they can send a new one.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me