Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Cop outs (spoilers)
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#1 Posted: 22:23:17 09/01/2017 | Topic Creator
You know the feeling, you're playing a game, watching a movie/tv show, reading a book, it's going great, you're close to the ending and you're wondering how it's all gonna end, and, it's lame. The textbook "bad ending" that comes out of nowhere with some stupid excuse that somehow solves every issue simultaneously.

What are the worst cop outs you've ever seen? Of course there will be spoilers so, you know the drill on that.

Drawn to life 2
Of course the ending. The scene before the last boss is amazing, and overall hypes it up so perfectly, only to have it fall flat on its face right afterwards. Apparently this world you've spent two full games trying to save is nothing more than a coma dream of a side character. None of this was real, it was a giant waste of time, thanks for that.

I'll probably add more when I think of them.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
Seiki Platinum Sparx Gems: 6072
#2 Posted: 06:17:10 10/01/2017
Deadman Wonderland

You get the plot twist that Shiro is the Wretched Egg/"Red Man" that Ganta has been wanting to hunt down and kick the ass of since like the first page of the manga. She goes bat **** ****ing insane, murders even more people besides Ganta's entire class and friends from the first chapter and have this ultimate showdown in the end where Ganta goes up against Shiro having to fight and kill his best friend to save the town from a psychotic killer and avenge hundreds of lives. It's beautifully built up and incredibly heartfelt as you anticipate the moment he has to finish her. But then nope, he spares her. She's literally begging him to finish the job and he says no and lets her live. Then the next page has a time skip where she's recovering from her wounds from the fight in a hospital, magically all cured of her insanity and the two get a happily ever after that the tone of the entire series doesn't set up for.
---
Once in my dreams, I rose and soared. No matter how I'm knocked around or beaten down, I will stand up restored.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 06:31:12 10/01/2017 by Seiki
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 23:45:48 10/01/2017
Walking Dead: A New Frontier.

It's like TellTale forgot that season 2 had multiple endings, and wrote Clementines flashbacks in like 5 minutes. No matter what you chose, Clementine ends up alone.

-Jane kills herself
-Kenny dies
-Wellington gets overrun, forcing Clementine to run

on top of this, Clementine is Jane 2.0 now. I know everyone loved Jane.. *eyeroll*
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
DarkPredator Gold Sparx Gems: 2276
#4 Posted: 23:52:11 10/01/2017
The Legend of Korra

I realize this is a hugely unpopular opinion, but the decision to throw away the development of Mako and Korra's relationship or even, heck, Korra's development as a heroine who doesn't need a love interest in favor for a making a statement on behalf of the LGBT community was stupid. It's just fanservice. And underdeveloped ship became canon just to make a statement. It's awesome that the show did break the standards, but it could have been handled better. Instead we got a lame ending.
---
"Still as silent as ever, eh?" - Blue, Pokémon Sun and Moon
kardonis Platinum Sparx Gems: 6366
#5 Posted: 01:55:43 11/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: DarkPredator
The Legend of Korra

I realize this is a hugely unpopular opinion, but the decision to throw away the development of Mako and Korra's relationship or even, heck, Korra's development as a heroine who doesn't need a love interest in favor for a making a statement on behalf of the LGBT community was stupid. It's just fanservice. And underdeveloped ship became canon just to make a statement. It's awesome that the show did break the standards, but it could have been handled better. Instead we got a lame ending.

Adding on to LoK

Bo's sudden lavabending. Like, SERIOUSLY?? You have a villain character who's only real deal is the fact he can do this never-before-seen type of bending, which is wicked awesome, and now suddenly a main character can do it, with no training, or ANYTHING just because they needed to escape. Like, ffs man.
---
I used to be THE Bowser, now I'm just an awkward girl
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#6 Posted: 01:34:54 24/03/2017
I have one

Tattletail

idk if this is an unpopular opinion, but I really like Tattletail, I am talking about the games bad ending, because it is such a letdown. Like, you just survived through all this crap, and what's your reward, getting murdered by giant brown fury thing? You can only get the secret ending by obtaining all the eggs, and that ending is actually good. But I hate the bad ending. At the very least they could have made the surprise of opening your mom's door and getting jumpscared, instead of just opening your present.
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#7 Posted: 19:36:31 27/03/2017
Pokémon Super Mystery Dungeon
The final boss is literally made of the same stuff as the final boss from Gates to Infinity. It wasn't even creative at that point, it was just negative emotions.
---
Soon.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 22:21:20 27/03/2017
I think the issue with PSMD is more the excecution than the idea.

Bittercold works as an outside entity because there's nothing in the Pokémon to represent it - it's devoid of life, it's about nothingness and depression, and too metal even for Kyurem.
Dark Matter makes no sense because several pokémon make use of both positive and negative emotions without being Legendaries, and you could put anyone in a state where they want to destroy life on the planet just like last game. If Yvetal was that obvious, don't be even more obvious with an outside entity, put a regular joe that got their hands on dangerous power as Nuzleaf was already such a good twist.

Actually the plot would work 100% better if they used the current gen, since they could have Solgaleo as the villain or at least turned into such, or an Ultra Beast who can never find their way home.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:45 27/03/2017 by Bifrost
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me