Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > General > What innovations should a new Spyro have?
Page 1 of 1
What innovations should a new Spyro have?
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 00:30:37 07/01/2017 | Topic Creator
If some form of innovation for the Spyro games were required on top of the familiar platformer series. What should they be?

MOBA-style boss battles?

EX moves like in fighting games and beat'em ups?

Cancel into other moves? (Charge-flame-charge-flame, headbutt-charge-flame, shield-roll-charge-jump, etc.)

Time-travel puzzle-solving?

Switching between 3D and 2D?

Dungeons akin to Legend of Zelda?

Swapping between characters?

Quick Time Events...? Okay definitely not Quick Time Events. No no no.

Come on, help me out.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 00:53:37 07/01/2017
3D and 2D switching is good, even if it's generally used in more linear games.

I would say character switching should stay like the classic games. You know, special mini games/sections using characters like Hunter or Agent 9. Maybe add some new characters or even Skylanders characters to those mini games.

Maybe it could have something like A Hero's Tail were you could unlock new dragons which are similar to Spyro to play, like Ember and... That dude I forgot the name.

Quick Time Events can be used if they are rare and more than simple button presses. You know, give the player multiple options on what to do and stuff.
---
Bruh
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#3 Posted: 02:58:32 14/01/2017
Bruh. Just put him in an open world. Make him that one missing playable race in Skyrim: A FRUGEN DRAGEN
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#4 Posted: 06:29:38 14/01/2017
Put Spyro in Brooklyn
#5 Posted: 06:50:23 14/01/2017
Quote: Bryman04
Put Spyro in Brooklyn

Always works.

Ripto will comand a mafia. Please make it happen.
---
Bruh
#6 Posted: 17:10:37 14/01/2017
Quote: Crash10
Put Spyro in Brooklyn

Always works.

Ripto will also become a Jojo reference.
Spyro will become best anime. And then Spyro will have to stop Ripto from marrying Elora.

.....Jesus. This is the best game idea I've had in a while. It's absolutely original, and sure beats that Bubsy successor Token and the Power Crystals.
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#7 Posted: 21:42:37 15/01/2017
Well since every Spyro game since YotD has not really given you decent control of the camera... a new game should have solid camera control with the right analog stick. Especially important if we were to get ground-up remakes of the Insomniac trilogy, since back then the camera was *shudder* mapped to the shoulder buttons. <.>
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#8 Posted: 22:21:52 15/01/2017
Quote: Drawdler
Quote: Crash10

Always works.

Ripto will also become a Jojo reference.
Spyro will become best anime. And then Spyro will have to stop Ripto from marrying Elora.

.....Jesus. This is the best game idea I've had in a while. It's absolutely original, and sure beats that Bubsy successor Token and the Power Crystals.

... You had my curiosity, but now you have my attention.
(And reminded me of that one time I drew Spyro in a Wamuu pose.)

I put this in my guestbook because this means a lot to me.

Thanks! smilie
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:22:06 15/01/2017 by Bryman04
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#9 Posted: 02:09:09 16/01/2017
Oh yeah, and if they had elemental-themed creatures then some of those could be affected by breaths too I guess.

There's a lot you can do with elemental themes; they're easily recognisable and instantly bring up certain puzzle solutions in your mind so they're simple to work with but can have a lot of variations.

Not to mention they could have us use, say, the D-Pad to seamlessly switch elements on the fly a la the LoS trilogy. This is of course assuming we stick with 4 breaths. They could do more and use a Quick Select screen akin to Ratchet & Clank.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#10 Posted: 05:22:29 16/01/2017
Having more than 4 breaths make much sense, considering that, in Skylanders, Spyro is said to control all Elements. So I can see something like that happening.
---
Bruh
#11 Posted: 05:37:49 16/01/2017
I'd get that idea from Bioshock more than any other game, tbh.
---

XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#12 Posted: 15:09:48 16/01/2017
Open world maybe.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#13 Posted: 02:33:08 20/01/2017
Okay I thought of these when I was trying to sleep and I've been excited to share them, so, my ideas for breaths...

• Fire Breath: The classic, reliable breath. No real changes here.
  • Super Form- Wildfire: Yep. From Spyro 1. Not the Superflame. Don't get me wrong, Superflame is great, but Ice Breath and Wind Breath V2 are already singular long-range projectiles. Also, I always thought having to run around with Wildfire before it ran out was more exciting than just spamming Superflame everywhere. Wildfire can light and break objects, parts of the environment and hurt enemies unaffected by other moves.
  • Water Breath: Non-damaging, but slows enemies/objects. Shoots out really fast and far, pretty similar to how it was in AHT. Most useful on thieves, but has uses in certain puzzles and to slow certain enemies and hit their weak point while exposed.
  • Super Form- Supersoak: Also non-damaging. Slow, arcing splash bomb that travels a mild distance in front of you, but can be aimed and shot further or closer by holding down the breath button. It creates a pool of water where it lands. In certain puzzles, this can be used to fill the environment with water, but it also gives the effect of standard Water Breath over the area it hits, so it can be used for things like slowing a batch of enemies or hitting a bunch of switches at once.
  • Ice Breath: Non-damaging, aimable by holding down breath button. Shooting these out is slowish, though they travel at an average speed, feeling similar to the original Superflame. They're narrow-range icicles that shoot far, allowing them to hit faraway targets, and can also freeze enemies and water to create platforms. (This breath is very difficult to design because it could easily just outclass Water Breath. Maybe they'd only freeze enemies after hitting with it twice or something.)
  • Super Form- Frostbomb: They shoot out slightly slower than Supersoak, but be controlled the same. These leave a patch of ice where they land, that freezes enemies who step there into platforms. Frostbombs can now create platforms on lava as well as water. They can also freeze objects too large for regular Ice Breath to freeze. Perhaps they could freeze moving platforms to stop them.
  • Wind Breath: Non-damaging. Has two variations depending on how you press the button! V1: When holding the breath button down, it slows Spyro somewhat while shooting out in a mid-range fan shape that steadily blows away most enemies, objects, NPCs and possibly some platforms. V2: Just tapping the button shoots out a single, strong puff of wind that shoots far and can blow around things the former variant can't, much further than it would.
  • Super Form- Thunderstrike: Now becomes an electric breath that can shock/hit switches multiple times to keep them activated, carry some objects around and activate certain objects.
  • Supercharge and Freeflight also return. I don't think Spyro needs any other Super moves and even all these breaths could be too much.

Wow! That would be awesome.

Just wow.
---
Any last wishes?
#14 Posted: 00:23:09 23/01/2017
Quote: XSparxX
Open world maybe.

[User Posted Image]

srsly
---

Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me