darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > PowerUp Rewards contest to win 1 of 1,300 custom printed figures!
Page 1 of 1
PowerUp Rewards contest to win 1 of 1,300 custom printed figures!
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#1 Posted: 23:57:32 05/01/2017 | Topic Creator
(This contest has been going on since the beginning of December, but I couldn't find any sign of it having already been posted through the site's search feature, so apologies if it's already being discussed elsewhere.)

GameStop's PowerUp Rewards is holding a drawing from Dec 1, 2016 through Jan 31, 2017 to win one of 1,300 Custom 3D Skylanders figures!

There are 3 ways to enter:

1. Be a PowerUp Rewards member and purchase any Skylanders product from GameStop to earn two (2) entries to the drawing
  2. Spend your banked PowerUp Rewards points -- 200 points for one (1) entry, 1000 points for seven (7) entries, or 2000 points for fifteen (15) entries -- Link: https://www.gamestop.com/Power...kylandersSweeps
  3. You can get two (2) free entries without a PowerUp Rewards membership by entering your birthday and filling out the secondary address form here -- https://gamestop.trymarkapps.com/gsa/skylanders

You can bank up to 510 entries per PowerUp Rewards account, but can only win one gift code per account. The drawing will be held on Feb 6, and the winners will be announced in early March.

Full official rules: http://www.gamestop.com/PowerU...ndersSweeps.pdf
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 23:58:49 05/01/2017
It's news to me. Seems pretty nice for people who are starting their collection now.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#3 Posted: 00:00:51 06/01/2017
nice.

EDIT: just used some points for 15 entries.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:03:37 06/01/2017 by ZapNorris
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#4 Posted: 02:37:34 06/01/2017
Wow. 1300 printed figures is a lot more than the actual orders they got. My first figure was 1100 something and I ordered on day one. My replacement figure a month later was number 1300 something. I still feel that their numbering system started off at 1000, so not a lot of people bought them. Plus their numbering system includes those custom card orders and shirts. It's very likely that they are giving away more custom figures than they are selling thus making the entire create a figure venture a huge bomb.

You know...with all of the TFB closing hype, I wouldn't count on getting one of these if you do win. They do come from Safeway yes but they are sent from Toys For Bob. I firmly believe that they are printed out in Seattle and then are sent to TFB in California for fulfillment. I doubt they'd want to bother with these with a shutting down studio. Easier for Activision would be to send you a gift of approximate equal value from their overloaded warehouse, like an Imaginators starter set which they say they reserve the right to do in the rules. So don't go entering expecting to get a figure if you win (I feel that you would have a very high chance of winning one as well as it's poorly advertised, very little interest and involves some crazy points system) as they could just give you whatever that is worth $50 instead.

That reminds me, the same thing is probably in the Chuck E Cheese visit TFB rules as well. They'd probably end up giving the winners $2000 or whatever they feel is the value of that trip than following though with an actual trip. I should have mentioned that in that other thread but whatever, I don't think people really care read my long dull posts anyway. Either way, no one in charge of the contests really cares about the details if TFB is closing or not because they always have a loophole to cover themselves. Yes, they promote the heck out of visiting a company and it's sad that you won't get that, but you always must read the fine print to fully understand what you're getting yourself into if you do win. Being able to read and understand legal contracts is a nasty part of growing up, one of which most people never develop any skills in. I know it seems crazy when it involves kids toys and a kids play-land contest, but being legal about every possible thing is how the world rolls.
---
Stay Cool!
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#5 Posted: 02:57:24 06/01/2017
Quote: fairyland
That reminds me, the same thing is probably in the Chuck E Cheese visit TFB rules as well. They'd probably end up giving the winners $2000 or whatever they feel is the value of that trip than following though with an actual trip.

The Chuck E. Cheese competition's terms and conditions are here. Section 4A says:

Quote:
ARV of each Grand Prize is $5,000. Actual value of each Grand Prize depends on the city of departure, destination and fluctuations in airfare charges and hotel room rates. Any difference between the actual value of a Grand Prize and the stated ARV (if less than the actual value) will not be awarded.

Quote:
Should any event, element or detail of a Grand Prize become unavailable, the Sponsor shall have no obligation to a Grand Prize winner aside from providing the remaining portion of the prize, minus any unavailable event, element or detail.

So, basically, grand prize winners will just get two 3D printed Imaginator figures, if that service is still available when the competition closes in late Feb. Otherwise, Activision is not obligated to give them anything (though one would hope that they would at least offer some sort of consolation prize).
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#6 Posted: 03:03:43 06/01/2017
I just hope I get the 1 and only custom figure I ordered. That's all I wanted with 3D printing in the first place. Good luck to everyone who enters though!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me