darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Replacing Racing with something else
Page 1 of 1
Replacing Racing with something else
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#1 Posted: 10:00:58 05/01/2017 | Topic Creator
It is nice to be able to use our Vehicles like we did in Superchargers, and for newcomers, Racing can be interesting as a side mode. However, as someone who played Superchargers and completed everything related to racing, I would have preferred to have something else entirely.

What would you replace Racing with if you could?

Return of Battle Mode, Kaos Mode, Survival Arenas, Heroic Challenges for Senseis, 1 or 2 more Story levels? Something completely new?

Here's my idea of something I would have liked to see:

Dungeon of Elements

This is something that would unlock after completing the Story. This is an enhanced Arena Battle inspired by Kaos Mode from Trap Team.

• This mode would consist of a series of rooms that are small arenas filled with enemies to defeat. After defeating all enemies, you are rewarded with Gold and you move on to the next room.
  • The amount of Gold rewarded per room increases a bit every time. If you don't get hit and/or get defeated, you get more Gold.
  • The amount of enemies per room and the ratio of hard-to-defeat enemies increases progressively. The type of enemies would be random regardless of which room you are in.
  • Every 10 rooms, you get a chest with 3 Imaginite parts. One of these parts is exclusive to completing the set of rooms and part of a specific Imaginite Set. Room 10: Part #1 - Room 20: Part #2 - etc. - Room 50: Part #5, set completed!
  • The Imaginite Set would be something cool directly related to the Skylanders lore, like a Core of Light set or Traptanium set.
  • The first time you play the mode, you only have 10 rooms to go through. But each time you complete a run, you will have to go through 10 additional rooms in the next run. Maximum 50 rooms.
  • 10 types of room, one for each Element. Small gimmick depending on the element, like spots of lava on the floor for Fire, barrier of electricity around the room for Tech, water streams that push you around for Water, etc.
  • The element of each room is determined randomly so each run is not exactly the same, but in a way that every 10 rooms, you will have gone through each type of rooms.
  • You can only play 1 Skylander per Element, so you have a total of 10 lives. This would be an incentive to buy a Skylander of each Element without locking content behind a paywall, and players that already own Skylanders from previous games have an advantage.
---
bye
Punch_Potion_X Blue Sparx Gems: 894
#2 Posted: 04:06:29 07/01/2017
That is an awesome idea. I had a similar idea to this, but this is even better with the use of the elements.

I think the dungeon crawler style mode is the best alternative.
---
Skylanders Ring of Heroes.
Will (hopefully) only require pockets half as deep
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#3 Posted: 10:24:37 07/01/2017
I think vehicles were a cool idea but they shouldn't have been used for racing or racing-styled gameplay. They should've been added to the normal gameplay, functioning much like the vehicles that are built into certain characters (like Fryno and Sprocket) except slightly bigger and faster.

I would also do away with the land/sea/sky system. Superchargers would simply receive a vehicle best suited to their personality (and there would be no aquatic vehicles since all vehicles would be used on land during normal gameplay).

This would allow vehicles to be a fun yet completely optional addition to the series' normal gameplay, rather than an awkward deviation from it.
---
Boop me if you see this.
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#4 Posted: 11:31:18 07/01/2017
4 players online kaos survival arenas, that would have been killer.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#5 Posted: 21:32:44 07/01/2017
Vehicle battle mode
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#6 Posted: 23:45:36 07/01/2017
skylanders superchargers but everytime there's a vehicle zone it gets faster
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#7 Posted: 00:02:40 08/01/2017
Quote: BOOMCAKE
Vehicle battle mode

Yeah stick with vehicles that would be a great idea.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#8 Posted: 02:39:52 08/01/2017
I'd have liked to see a Kaos Dungeon Quest mode, where you're thrown into a randomly generated map a la Diablo....maybe most like the Rifts in Diablo III

the funny thing is I like the racing....in the actual RACING GAME. In Superchargers & Imaginators it's unbalanced and just not enjoyable, but it's a heck of a lot of fun in Superchargers Racing ( on 3DS at least...haven't played on Wii ). If they insist on keeping racing they should just make the occasional sequel to Superchargers Racing with updated rosters, new tracks and maybe even new digital only vehicles for extra variety. Of course Bowser, DK, & their vehicles would remain exclusive to Nintendo, but that should be obvious to anybody with half a brain....

I'd personally like to see vehicles given a better thought out set of missions in future games too...use them like in Superchargers but 1, offer digital vehicles for those who don't own the toys and 2, make them enjoyable OPTIONAL missions that award more treasure. There were some good ideas there, they just didn't implement them very well and focused way too much on them instead of the Skylanders themselves.
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#9 Posted: 16:07:38 19/01/2017
Improved battle mode with 4 players NEEDS TO HAPPEN.
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#10 Posted: 11:59:40 20/01/2017
Battle Mode and 4 player mode...it would be cool if we can either drive the land vechiles whenever we want...or have the vechiles transform into robotic versions of the super chargers for example splatter splasher will turn into robot splat and she has the same attacks and upgrades
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#11 Posted: 18:02:12 20/01/2017
Huge online pvp battle arenas
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#12 Posted: 20:56:11 20/01/2017
The racing didn't terribly bother me with Superchargers, as most of it was not "racing" but more driving and arenas. But after playing it some in Imaginators, man is it bad. Other racers simply do not follow the rules on acceleration, speed or combat you have to adhere to. No matter what you do there they are (and much worse than Mario Kart rubber banding). They can flat out hit obstacles head on and still be right on your tail. And so often they just simply decide to pass you right before the end when you are driving well and going full speed - but they still fly right by you in slower vehicles. The handling is terrible, and you really don't get the feeling you are "attached" to the track with good power sliding or handling.

They should have put in tower mode from Trap Team if they were going to just cut and paste content.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:56:27 20/01/2017 by defpally
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#13 Posted: 13:49:51 22/01/2017
The one thing I hate in Imaginators racing is the fact that you have so little health! I can live with the somewhat poor controls and the fact that other racers can pull ahead o you in surprise circumstances--I had to deal with that in Superchargers. What I do not want to handle is being spun out, then spun out again at least a few seconds later. It seems like that when the Vehicles were transferred over, they neglected to include the armor and power upgrades, which I can understand, but they left a lasting impact. Now our Vehicles can hardy resist a blow, and that is the biggest flaw in Imaginators racing for me.

Side note: One reason why Racing won't be coming to the Switch may be that you need online services to play online. I don't think everyone who has Imaginators will be willing to pay for that, and o course, when playing on the go it's rather difficult to play online unless you have a mobile hot spot.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#14 Posted: 16:49:45 23/01/2017
Online racing is pretty much the only reason to ever touch racing mode in Imaginators after getting the 10 race win objective. Online will be free for several months on Switch - but if the other consoles were an example, that community was never very robust.

Given reports that TfB has been winding down, I'm sure Activision decided that implementing feature fully would be wasted resources. They are already punting on figure collecting for Switch, you can go over to a friend's house, load up all their Skylanders and not have to purchase them. Porting the game likely didn't take much time and it will allow them to cash in on Launch Day and make up for disappointing sales this year as many will buy games they might normally get when a console first comes out due to lack of variety. The good news for us is it probably ensures we get the rest of the figure releases this year (which I was starting to doubt) since they will have a fresh version and new players that might want to buy some figures.
ChillStealthElf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1864
#15 Posted: 09:15:23 25/01/2017
Quote: defpally
Online racing is pretty much the only reason to ever touch racing mode in Imaginators after getting the 10 race win objective. Online will be free for several months on Switch - but if the other consoles were an example, that community was never very robust.

Given reports that TfB has been winding down, I'm sure Activision decided that implementing feature fully would be wasted resources. They are already punting on figure collecting for Switch, you can go over to a friend's house, load up all their Skylanders and not have to purchase them. Porting the game likely didn't take much time and it will allow them to cash in on Launch Day and make up for disappointing sales this year as many will buy games they might normally get when a console first comes out due to lack of variety. The good news for us is it probably ensures we get the rest of the figure releases this year (which I was starting to doubt) since they will have a fresh version and new players that might want to buy some figures.

Switch version won't even HAVE racing though. Traps can't be used either.
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#16 Posted: 13:04:11 27/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#17 Posted: 18:19:39 16/02/2017
Quote: Kevin16
Quote: ZapNorris

SOMEONE PLEASE MAKE THIS FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

i would if i had decent video editing software/a full video of the story mode
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me