Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Switchmas is coming!! Switch Release Date: March 3rd, 2017
First | Previous | Page 4 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Switchmas is coming!! Switch Release Date: March 3rd, 2017
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#151 Posted: 06:44:25 13/01/2017
Quote: mega spyro
Did they say how much online was, and if it was monthly fee?

They didn't said much about it. Just that you pay for the multiplayer too and it will have a initial free trial period at launch.
---
Bruh
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#152 Posted: 08:58:59 13/01/2017
its got no more heroes so im sold no matter what they do with it
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#153 Posted: 10:10:14 13/01/2017
Well it was primarily a marketing/investors presentation so I didn't exactly have any expectations. Not really sure if/when I'll be getting this system. Might depend on MK8 Deluxe as I'd like to do multiplayer online when it's new and incredibly active.

Also I'm glad Nintendo kept semi-continuity between Mario 3D World and Mario Odyssey. Bowser upgraded from a pimpmobile to a full on pimp suit and it is glorious.
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#154 Posted: 10:32:13 13/01/2017
I was going to get here 'hey guys I'll catch up in a bit what's the juicy part'

And then I read paid online like (excuse me for the page stretch)

[User Posted Image]
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#155 Posted: 10:55:39 13/01/2017
Oh also, no Pokémon. So can we bury that Stars rumor now where it belongs?

Actually, if Switch is paid online subscriptions only, maybe Game Freak doesn't want it on the Switch. I imagine they'd lose a lot of their base if a lot of Pokémon's core features (battling and trading with friends or strangers) get locked behind a paywall. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
Windumup Emerald Sparx Gems: 3217
#156 Posted: 11:23:50 13/01/2017
Quote: HIR
Oh also, no Pokémon. So can we bury that Stars rumor now where it belongs?

Actually, if Switch is paid online subscriptions only, maybe Game Freak doesn't want it on the Switch. I imagine they'd lose a lot of their base if a lot of Pokémon's core features (battling and trading with friends or strangers) get locked behind a paywall. <.<

Haven't watched the presentation, but The Pokémon Company CEO, Tsunekazu Ishihara confirmed last year that there are plans for Pokémon games on the switch.

Main series games? Maybe not
---
Ugh I wish my body wasn't a mess
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#157 Posted: 11:51:42 13/01/2017
Honestly, the paid online thing has been done for years now, and I don't really care that Nintendo is jumping on the bandwagon. Is it ****ty for the consumer, absolutely! Do i care? Not in the slightest.

Also, ARMS IS ACTUALLY THE BEST THING EVER!
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#158 Posted: 13:06:44 13/01/2017
Have pre orders started for Nintendo Switch at gamestop?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8399
#159 Posted: 14:22:09 13/01/2017
Quote: arceustheprime
its got no more heroes so im sold no matter what they do with it

Travis touchdown dancing game
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#160 Posted: 14:30:31 13/01/2017
Why the fricking frick isn't Super Mario Odyssey a launch title it looks so smooth and I really want to play it plus it's fricking Mario it should be a launch title what the frick.

Also everything was pretty cool in my opinion.

Except for the paid online deal, not too sure what that's about and it is kinda concerning or me.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#161 Posted: 14:59:55 13/01/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: AdamGregory03
Why the fricking frick isn't Super Mario Odyssey a launch title it looks so smooth and I really want to play it plus it's fricking Mario it should be a launch title what the frick.

Also everything was pretty cool in my opinion.

Except for the paid online deal, not too sure what that's about and it is kinda concerning or me.

I don't think major Mario titles have been launch titles for a while now?

Also, it makes sense that they'd do paid online eventually seeing as Sony did for the PS4. It still sucks, but it makes sense and was inevitable.

Yeah, true.

Just hope the online won't be too expensive then. I mean, the console itself is already cheaper than it's competition.
---
Check this out! Please?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#162 Posted: 15:16:00 13/01/2017
I'm gonna pre-order mine today.
sprocketrocket Emerald Sparx Gems: 3679
#163 Posted: 15:17:21 13/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Anybody watch the treehouse? It's super laggy but Arms looks like lot of fun!!
---
"When your beard is getting weird, Beard Spray! For men!"
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#164 Posted: 15:18:35 13/01/2017
I thought the presentation itself was one of the worst examples of how to introduce a console (the trailer from a few months ago was a vague teaser with not much to it). They didn't tell us a whole lot about the system, and put a lot of focus on things that don't really matter, like the IR Sensors. There was also some very obvious padding going on, especially the segment where they slowly go through every Nintendo system and how they took ideas from them for the Switch. I mean, that **** should be a no-brainer, of COURSE your consoles iterate on each other, as they should do. That is not something you should even have to highlight.

The third party support was really lackluster too, as most of the games were either in very early development or had not even started development.

Super Mario Odyssey and the new Breath of the Wild trailer were the highlights for me, both look phenomenal. However, the former is basically a year out, and the latter is also on Wii U...and is the only game I am strongly interested in at launch.

Arms and 1-2 Switch look fun but I'm not confident they will be long lasting games. Just novel little things like Wii Sports and Nintendo Land. Splatoon 2 also looks great, as the first one is. But since I never had the first one and I think my one or two Splatoon liking friends won't get a Switch any time soon, I might be better off just buying the first game on Wii U for now if I ever want the Splatoon experience (it goes for very cheap where I live).

And since it launches very soon, there is no "just wait for E3, they'll have games!". The system launches BEFORE E3, which means besides BotW and Splatoon 2, we have no major games over that period, unless they literally announce games at E3 and release them then. We're already getting back to the Wii U drought problem, and we JUST had a year long drought.

I will be satisfied with the PS4 Pro for now.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#165 Posted: 15:21:42 13/01/2017
Quote: sprocketrocket
Anybody watch the treehouse? It's super laggy but Arms looks like lot of fun!!

ARMS gives me life
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#166 Posted: 16:21:49 13/01/2017
pros:

-fire emblem warriors
-fire emblem warriors
-FIRE EMBLEM WARRIORS
-F I R E E M B L E M W A R R I O R S
-splatoon 2 looks like a great improvement on the first one which was already great!!
-splatoon guy's sick dabs
-INKLINGS IN MARIO KART
-arms's art style is rly cute and it looks vaguely interesting
-im not a mario fan but the gf is and if shes exited for odyssey, im excited for odyssey!!
-okay NOW im excited for breath of the wild

cons:
-outside of BotW the launch titles are weak af, but i wont be picking it up until fire emblem warriors comes out anyways and ill get BotW for wii u anyways since that's what i was ****ing prOMISED IT ON, NINTENDO
-some of the translators were rly boring to listen to or really delayed
-1 2 switch looks gimmicky af
-why arent the neon joycons the same color??? wtf it bugs me that one is red and one is blue
-PAID ONLINE LIKE SERIOUSLY???
#167 Posted: 16:31:14 13/01/2017
So can someone explain to me what the Wii U trade in deal is?

Because I was actually considering doing that and selling all the games I have on the thing on eBay or something.
---
Check this out! Please?
#168 Posted: 16:31:23 13/01/2017
Controller prices are also definately holding back the entire thing. Still interested, but even if I had two thousand bucks to spare, not buying a Switch well into next year - hopefully Splat2n keeps the constant updates so there's still a community by the time I get it... If paid online doesn't kill any chance of it.
---
#169 Posted: 16:47:38 13/01/2017
So can someone explain to me what the Wii U trade in deal is?

Because I was actually considering doing that and selling all the games I have on the thing on eBay or something.

From the looks, you get 60 dollars that go into your console pre-order. 75 if you're a GameStop Pro member.
---
Bruh
#170 Posted: 17:01:16 13/01/2017 | Topic Creator
http://m.intertoys.nl/SearchDi...archTerm=switch this store lists a few games that are currently unannounced! My RabbidsxMario is still coming!!
---
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#171 Posted: 18:24:01 13/01/2017
I've got my Switch and Breath of the Wild preordered, so excited.
---
words. letters. filler.
#172 Posted: 18:28:20 13/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Quote: TacoMakerSkys
I've got my Switch and Breath of the Wild preordered, so excited.

This, except I also preordered Super Mario Odessey, Splatoon 2, and Arms
---
#173 Posted: 19:25:24 13/01/2017
Am I the only one concerned by the lack of launch titles we got announced at this event?

I mean all we know that's coming to the Switch at launch is Breath of the Wild, 1 2 Switch, Imaginators, and... I think Arms? Other than that everything else has been slated for Spring, Summer, or Holiday. I mean, that's not counting the games we caught glimpses of in that one trailer that are mostly ports, but I'm hoping we get a Nintendo Direct or something in February to showcase the entire launch line-up, because I seriously doubt that's all.
---
Check this out! Please?
#174 Posted: 19:34:13 13/01/2017
Am I the only one concerned by the lack of launch titles we got announced at this event?

I mean all we know that's coming to the Switch at launch is Breath of the Wild, 1 2 Switch, Imaginators, and... I think Arms? Other than that everything else has been slated for Spring, Summer, or Holiday. I mean, that's not counting the games we caught glimpses of in that one trailer that are mostly ports, but I'm hoping we get a Nintendo Direct or something in February to showcase the entire launch line-up, because I seriously doubt that's all.

1. as far as i know, imaginators isnt a launch title, but correct me if im wrong
2. arms isnt a launch title
3. FIFA is a launch title
4. japan only has two more games at launch
5. we're getting an FE direct on the 18th so there's a possibility that FE Warriors could be a launch title but i wouldnt bet on it
#175 Posted: 19:43:05 13/01/2017 | Topic Creator
Imaginators is launch btw
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#176 Posted: 19:43:21 13/01/2017
Quote: StriderSwag

1. as far as i know, imaginators isnt a launch title, but correct me if im wrong
2. arms isnt a launch title
3. FIFA is a launch title
4. japan only has two more games at launch
5. we're getting an FE direct on the 18th so there's a possibility that FE Warriors could be a launch title but i wouldnt bet on it

Imaginators is a launch title, though....

I personally don't really care about the launch titles, because it seems like Breath of the Wild is a vast enough game to fill any and all gaming voids for a while.

I personally wasn't planning on getting the console till Christmas, but I might have to make an exception because of how many games I'll be missing out on. That's just me, though. I tend to not look at game consoles in terms of their initial lineup.
#177 Posted: 19:47:44 13/01/2017
Yeah, I was actually thinking I won't get the Switch until my birthday, which is in May, and my plan was to buy games for it overtime until then. Though I know a lot of people aren't going to be too particularly pleased if the launch is only like, three or four games.
---
Check this out! Please?
#178 Posted: 20:01:49 13/01/2017
I think the Switch can have good stuff if they know how to release the game. Releasing all at once isn't the best idea.

And yes StriderSwag. Skylanders is a launch title.
---
Bruh
#179 Posted: 20:04:10 13/01/2017
I guess it is true that a good amount of titles will be coming out in the same month... But I don't know if it'll really cement the Switch as a must-buy for most people.

I don't know, maybe I'm just worried because I really wanna see Nintendo do well here.
---
Check this out! Please?
#180 Posted: 20:09:52 13/01/2017
Yeah, but they have good stuff along the year. I feel the console was just a small bit rushed so they could run away from the Wii U sooner. Not a bad thing, I think.

I guess it's not worth buying for now. But I think it will have a big amount of good titles at the end of the year. Mainly if you don't have a PS4/XOne.
---
Bruh
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#181 Posted: 20:42:44 13/01/2017
THIS THING SLAYED MY LIFE

I COULDNT SLEEP BECAUSE THAT BOTW TRAILER WOULD NOT GET OUT OF MY HEAD

AND ODYSSEY IS GREAT

WHY DID THEY NOT CALL IT SPLA2OON
---
My life is complete.
#182 Posted: 21:07:07 13/01/2017
Quote: MagicFizz

Because it's a dumb name and you know it.
---
Bruh
#183 Posted: 21:32:28 13/01/2017
Looking back at it, I think there are still people more hyped for the Switch than the Wii U... So that's good, I guess.

Also mini-theory about Super Mario Odyssey that
Bowser's hat also has magical powers just like Mario's cap. From it he spawned those rabbits that seem to be taking the Koopalings' place. Maybe it even has it's own sentience and personality and is secretly the main antagonist that's just manipulating Bowser to get what he wants.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:32:45 13/01/2017 by AdamGregory03
#184 Posted: 21:32:55 13/01/2017
Quote: Crash10
I think the Switch can have good stuff if they know how to release the game. Releasing all at once isn't the best idea.

people keep saying it is but can i have an actual source on that please
#185 Posted: 21:33:26 13/01/2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/Games..._snes_game_you/

GG Switch online, not now not never
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#186 Posted: 21:34:19 13/01/2017
Looking back at it, I think there are still people more hyped for the Switch than the Wii U... So that's good, I guess.

Also mini-theory about Super Mario Odyssey that
Bowser's hat also has magical powers just like Mario's cap. From it he spawned those rabbits that seem to be taking the Koopalings' place. Maybe it even has it's own sentience and personality and is secretly the main antagonist that's just manipulating Bowser to get what he wants.

Not a bad theory, very Marioy despite the often lack of plot in Mario games.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#187 Posted: 21:54:08 13/01/2017
Quote: Bifrost

Really, just as I said people were hyped?

Why you do this Bifrost?
---
Check this out! Please?
#188 Posted: 22:08:15 13/01/2017
Quote: StriderSwag

people keep saying it is but can i have an actual source on that please

Here.
---
Bruh
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#189 Posted: 22:19:37 13/01/2017
[User Posted Image]
#190 Posted: 22:20:46 13/01/2017

Why you do this Bifrost?

Well, NoA just confirmed it, we didn't know at the time of the event.

But seriously, PS+ and Xbox Gold give you NEW games(even if quality varies), and give you games forever if you stay subscribed. **** Nintendo, two steps foward one step back every time.
---
pankakesparx456 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7795
#191 Posted: 22:25:14 13/01/2017
i should note that I haven't watched the presentation itself yet because I haven't found the time to do so yet, so these are just based on the trailers I watched and the articles I read.

Pros:
-The big one is the Breath of the Wild trailer. Remember when I complained about what I thought was a really lackluster E3? THIS is what I was looking for. for BoTW to come out guns blazing at E3 and show us a little bit of everything, not just one small underwhelming section of the game. So if anything I'm at least excited for the game now, though I'll be getting it on Wii U.
-Super Mario Odyssey looks really great as does Xenoblade Chronicles 2 and Splatoon 2.
-I have no doubt Fire Emblem Warriors is going to be cool. That said I still want to see some actual gameplay first before I have a full opinion on it.

Mixed:
-the paid online doesn't bother me too much because it's been a thing since the 360. My question is how Nintendo is going to do the online infrastructure. If it's just Nintendo Network again then it won't even be worth it. If they improve on their online and make it akin to Xbox Live or Playstation Network then they're at least making the right step to better the online.
-The only thing I didn't like about Super Mario Odyssey was the New York style setting. Seeing Mario with all those regular humans gave me war flashbacks to Sonic 06.
-1 2 Switch. It's just a gimmick game. it will help casual fans get used to the Switch and its capabilities but most gamers are just going to ignore it.
-I like that games like Sonic Mania and Skyrim are coming to the console, though with so many other platforms available for these games I wonder how it's going to affect Nintendo in the long run.
-with that said, 3rd party support is decent, but could've been a lot better.

Cons:
-The prices. $300 is a bit too much for a console like this. $250 would've been the perfect price. It would've made it cheaper than the current consoles but still pricier than a typical handheld system. Aside from Nintendo and Zelda enthusiasts I don't see anyone else getting this system when they can get a PS4 or Xbox One for the same price. Same goes for the Switch's controller and accessory prices.
-Why would they make a Mario Kart 8 port as opposed to a whole new entry? Why not wait like a year and just make the next main installment? it's just another slap in the face to the Wii U owners who put their time and money into the original game. and with that said, if they HAD to port Mario Kart 8, why is it not a launch title? That would've helped the Switch's weak library right now.
-the low battery life for the tablet.
-These are nitpicks, but no F-Zero or Metroid or Bayonetta. Also I'm really surprised the Smash Amiibos didn't get any mention. Same for Pokken Tournament.

Overall really mixed about the Switch. the most I can say is that I'm excited for Breath of the Wild now after what they showcased but I'm not even getting that for the Switch.
---
Cool cool.
#192 Posted: 22:25:17 13/01/2017
Interview with Michel Ancel about the Switch port of Rayman Legends.
---
Bruh
#193 Posted: 22:32:49 13/01/2017
I'm still hoping for a Direct or something in February to maybe clear up a few things or at least tease some more games coming out this year. Even if it's just the rumored Mario/Rabbids crossover RPG.
---
Check this out! Please?
#194 Posted: 22:43:21 13/01/2017
Okay, let me give my opinions:

• The Joy-Cons are interesting, but waaaay too expensive.
  • While the console's price is not perfect, it's reasonable. Hope for a price cut in the future.
  • 1 2 Switch is so cringy and dumb that it's glorious.
  • Arms looks really good and I think it has the potential to have it's competitive scene.
  • Splatoon 2 looks pretty interesting. Waiting to see more soon.
  • I liked the improvements on Mario Kart 8.
  • Pay for online? Uuuuuurgh. Well, if the services become better, and the price is acceptable, I think I can forgive it.
  • That free game deal is bull****. Really.
  • Super Mario Odyssey looks amazing. Loved everything about it.
  • Sonic Mania and Rayman Legends. Good.
  • Not interested in buying Zelda, but the trailer was impressive.
  • Liked the news about Skylanders.
  • Lack of region lock really helps.

Overall, it was good. Nintendo just needs to fix some prices and think again about their online features.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:44:39 13/01/2017 by Crash10
DS D Yellow Sparx Gems: 1565
#195 Posted: 23:07:27 13/01/2017
Honestly, other than Zelda (must gett!!), I'd rather get Just Dance on Launch. Would also get FIFA just for the lolz.
---
Yo, DEADASS?? BANANAS ARE DEAD???

(Former admin of TapL's Server.)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:07:57 13/01/2017 by DS D
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6239
#196 Posted: 23:29:26 13/01/2017

Why you do this Bifrost?

Well, NoA just confirmed it, we didn't know at the time of the event.

But seriously, PS+ and Xbox Gold give you NEW games(even if quality varies), and give you games forever if you stay subscribed. **** Nintendo, two steps foward one step back every time.

Seriously why the **** should I bother getting the Switch and paying for online then when chances are the service is still going to be several steps behind the competition and you're giving me games I both don't really want and can't even keep.
MagicFizz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3551
#197 Posted: 23:37:56 13/01/2017
Quote: MagicFizz

Because it's a dumb name and you know it.

How exactly? Splatoon 2 just does not roll of the tougne well for me.
---
My life is complete.
#198 Posted: 23:45:04 13/01/2017
Did it say that you have to download the free game and play it, or is it just they're offering it to you as a free trial?

Not trying to justify the stupidity of it, just asking.
---
Check this out! Please?
#199 Posted: 23:54:10 13/01/2017
Free trial, by the end of the month you have to pay. A NES/SNES game. That you literally can play on browser or emulator anywhere.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:54:36 13/01/2017 by Bifrost
First | Previous | Page 4 of 9 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me