Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Best and Worst Boss Fights?
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#1 Posted: 21:22:23 20/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Title.

For my favourite, either Golden Queen or Kaos, both from TT. Not surprising really since one of the main mechanics revolve around boss fights.

Least favourite... Evil Sea Monster. No contest. This boss is just bad.
---
Soon.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#2 Posted: 21:54:29 20/12/2016
My favorite would have to be Golden Queen from TT.

Least favorite would have to be any of the vehicle bosses from SC.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 22:14:43 20/12/2016
I'd say the Evil Sea Monster is dull, more than anything. Doesn't try, but there's much worse out there.

Favorites:
Golden Queen - It's easily the epitome of what boss fights in the games should be. Never sticking to one strategy, but also not being just about filling the screen with bullets and hazards - her phases always have plenty of room for dodging and repositioning outside of Nightmare. It's a shame she glitches out at the very end for the spectacle part, but considering SC and Imaginators, turns out that's the best we'd get.

Dreamcatcher - Mostly the spectacle part. It's a very easy fight and pretty mindless, but the animations and the mechanics really tie together the level's previous hazards, and her dialogue and timing is pretty alright. I wish Doomlander fights were more like this and less reusing the assets for the sake of it.

Bowslinger Doomlander - While the Doomlander bosses are hardly bad, this and Swashbuckler Doomlander are the only ones I actively enjoyed and would replay. The arena is big and with room for movement, hindering you but also the boss, and the phases are also interesting, especially once the Woolly Wizards come in to make you rethink your strategy. Also the boss' AI doesn't hug the walls causing you to take constant pot shots; this shouldn't be a plus but several other ones do it.

Worst:

Warden Moneybone - The original Moneybone fight is great; the only reason it's not on the list is because I never played SF3DS. So how about we cut half of his puns and good lines, completely forget what Undead levels are actually about, and pull the camera waaaay back? It's bad on Normal, outright insulting in Nightmare. I'd be happier if they just finished with an enemy gauntlet or something.

Nightmare Traptanium Kaos
- Just try to use a dark blue/purple Skylander with the camera that far back. Unless you have DDR reflexes, it's harder to dodge than it already is. The other phases are actually alright, though, but it's definately a drag when most of the content is the energy waves.

Nightmare Pepperjack - Lemme tell you how to get worse than Nightmare Traptanium Kaos - make your controllers change directions every 3 seconds and not always follow the drunk camera. Let's also force you to keep an eye on something moving around you, and lasers, at the same time. Motion sickness is fuuun. Which brings me to...

Nightmare The Darkness - I do not lie when I said this fight gave me a headache. I spent most of my collection at the final phase because my brain just didn't care what I was running into anymore. Devs, for the love of god, if this series doesn't die, please stop thinking more hazards in front of you=more fun. It doesn't work with bullets, and it doesn't damn work with walls that move randomly, the same color as the rest of the already burning-eyes-purple level, in a sequence that you have to move perfectly to even get anywhere since there's no chip damage.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
optimall Yellow Sparx Gems: 1377
#4 Posted: 09:36:05 20/02/2017
It's the end of the road skylander……..
This drillbot is on the scene………………

BEST BOSS EVER!!!!!!!!
---
Join me on line chat.
Search for line ID: skylanderschat
Swap Force Fan Emerald Sparx Gems: 4095
#5 Posted: 15:39:13 20/02/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Nightmare Pepperjack - Lemme tell you how to get worse than Nightmare Traptanium Kaos - make your controllers change directions every 3 seconds and not always follow the drunk camera. Let's also force you to keep an eye on something moving around you, and lasers, at the same time. Motion sickness is fuuun. Which brings me to...

Oh my gosh. I remember this. I had to switch charcaters every couple of seconds in this, and over 40 times, give or take. It is ridiculous.
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#6 Posted: 15:57:41 20/02/2017
The best for me is Super Kaos or the Guacamole Monster, if that counts.
The worst is without a doubt Chef Pepperjack in Nightmare mode. It's funny because in regular mode it's probably my favorite Doom Raider battle.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#7 Posted: 16:11:34 20/02/2017
My favourite boos fight will always be Drill-X. Gosh, I love it!

The worst is Count Moneybone in SuperChargers, I agree with Bifrost.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#8 Posted: 16:24:01 20/02/2017
Guacamole Monster is raw fun with the sheer ridiculousness of the fight, but mechanics wise it's way too easy. I wish there was more phase alternating since the other Battleship missions have them, and stuff that's less pathetically easy to dodge.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#9 Posted: 16:48:20 20/02/2017
The Robo-Kaos fight at the end of Giants. It's so challenging with a little variety. Maybe because it's my favorite game... But otherwise most bosses aren't too hard.
---
Any last wishes?
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#10 Posted: 18:28:32 20/02/2017
Lol wut I love Nightmare Chef Pepper Jack. It's absolute craziness. Very challenging, love it.
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
emeraldzoroark Platinum Sparx Gems: 5364
#11 Posted: 19:27:10 20/02/2017 | Topic Creator
Yeah, Nightmare Pepper Jack was the fairest battle ever! Right?
---
Soon.
JohnnySmasher42 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3063
#12 Posted: 22:39:22 20/02/2017
I mean, I just switched to a villain when his pepper bombs covered the entire screen. I should do a nightmare no villains nuzlocke...
---
Skylanders is dead and Activision killed it
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me