Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > UK Skylanders Universe Magazine Cancelled
Page 1 of 1
UK Skylanders Universe Magazine Cancelled
JSouth5942 Blue Sparx Gems: 512
#1 Posted: 15:49:16 19/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Just in case anyone else collects the Skylanders Universe Magazine printed in the UK.

It's been confirmed to me by publisher Immediate Media that the December Issue (No. 24) will be the last to be printed.

I really thought this magazine would get a renewed shot in the arm with the release of Skylanders Academy and Imaginators, however that isn't to be.

I'm sorry to see this magazine go if even if just for the comics and Skylanders themed free gifts they included smilie

R.I.P. Skylanders Universe
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#2 Posted: 16:10:21 19/12/2016
As if we didn't need enough proof the ship is sinking...
Well, I'm happy I finally got the November issue(if it ever arrives), I had a bad feeling nonetheless. But now I'll never get an official Bad Juju poster ;___;

Btw, anyone collected those? We SERIOUSLY need its info for the wiki, and the older issues only get more and more expensive. Most people managing the wiki are from America so we could only nab what showed up online, and it's very little.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 16:13:00 19/12/2016 by Bifrost
JSouth5942 Blue Sparx Gems: 512
#3 Posted: 16:51:41 19/12/2016 | Topic Creator
I would imagine Immediate Media had a two year licence (hence why 24 issues) and either decided not to renew due to declining sales or they were not able renew due to the discontinuation of the game.

Luckily I've been collecting it since issue one so have a complete collection.
#4 Posted: 16:59:31 19/12/2016
We could really use your help, then, since the magazine was always advertised to be canon. A lot of things are pointless(say, for example, Kaos' 2017 list that now'll never happen), but things like trivia about the Skylanders/villains, new abilities they only show in the comics, backstories for variants, and information in locales is VERY much welcome for us to archive on the wiki. Here's the link, if you've never seen it.

I won't ask for scans, of course, but just things that you've seen these last two years in them that you think fans of the character or the lore would like to know. For example, the only comic that's easy to find on the internet is from one of the first issues, where it mentions The Golden Desert as the hottest place in Skylands; another is the first issue that appeared in German, where Grave Clobber shows bone controlling abilties we never saw elsewhere. That's the kind of information we want, with the issue it appeared in of course.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:00:12 19/12/2016 by Bifrost
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#5 Posted: 17:05:45 19/12/2016
He said uk is canned, what about thw other contries?
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#6 Posted: 17:19:11 19/12/2016
It was a UK and Germany only magazine. I don't think the second one even had issues past the second.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:19:22 19/12/2016 by Bifrost
myskylanders Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#7 Posted: 15:36:19 20/12/2016
Quote: Bifrost
It was a UK and Germany only magazine. I don't think the second one even had issues past the second.

We await the new issue in January, dunno how much there will be. We had 3 until now.
---
- http://www.myskylanders.de All Skylanders related in German
#8 Posted: 15:40:39 20/12/2016
Oh, thanks for clarifying. Never found much about that since the sites with the pictures were always from the UK.
---
#9 Posted: 15:48:21 20/12/2016
You can find more information about the german issues here (The link shows the next issue)
https://www.paninishop.de/artikel/skylanders-magazin-4

Maybe we will find out what Kaos is planning for 2017 xD
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:49:12 20/12/2016 by myskylanders
#10 Posted: 16:03:37 20/12/2016
According to some data for media there will be further issues until November 17, it's released every 2 months. Dunno if they'll keep it like that.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me