Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > PlayStation Now and Xbox One B/C for SA and Giants?
Page 1 of 1
PlayStation Now and Xbox One B/C for SA and Giants?
SlippyMagoo Green Sparx Gems: 135
#1 Posted: 02:29:13 16/12/2016 | Topic Creator
What does everyone think? I think it would be pretty cool to be able to go back and play the first two games again. I have the figures, but no way to play the games as I've moved on from PS3 and Xbox 360. How could we let Sony, Microsoft and Activision know there is interest?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:30:39 16/12/2016 by SlippyMagoo
Sboy13 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3172
#2 Posted: 04:29:40 16/12/2016
I think that would be interesting, but it's probably not going to happen at least not for a while. You could try calling or emailing Acti or starting a petition, but you probably won't have much luck. I don't think they would do something like that (even just a port) unless there was extremely high demand.
---
Purple dragon.
RevQuixo Blue Sparx Gems: 937
#3 Posted: 20:44:32 17/12/2016
Might not work on Xbox One as the One doesn't accept 360 peripherals (portals) and the One portals may not be recognized without code change.
diddy50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2554
#4 Posted: 20:56:54 17/12/2016
That is why I still have my ps3, to be able to go back and play whenever I feel like it. It also makes a good dvd blu ray player so why get rid of it?
tigerdr Yellow Sparx Gems: 1976
#5 Posted: 01:41:23 31/12/2016
patches are a thing if they find a workaround for xbox and playstation now i'd think it's possible easy to do this.
---
Taking that last ride through the sunset on skylanders. Hopefully a return of more classic spyro gameplay in the horizon.
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#6 Posted: 07:04:58 31/12/2016
Quote: RevQuixo
Might not work on Xbox One as the One doesn't accept 360 peripherals (portals) and the One portals may not be recognized without code change.

Yeah, no USB accessories work with XB1 BC (except regular controllers). XB1 translates the controller signals to a 360 game, the game itself cannot take control of the USB ports - and they gave the indication it will never happen. So no portal use.

And Playstation Now it won't work because you actually aren't playing the game on your PS4 - it is being streamed from Sony. Input is transmitted, then the display is sent back. Having a unique, client defined USB interface would be more trouble than it is worth.

Your best option would be a remaster, but I doubt seriously they would put the funding into it at this point. If they can't sell the new hotness, the old and busted isn't going to be a big seller either.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me