Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
A Skylanders Rarity Guide?
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#1 Posted: 06:48:17 12/12/2016 | Topic Creator
I was looking over Skylanders lots on eBay and saw loads and loads of Skylanders going for on average of $1 each in lots. Many of the lots had one or two "rare" or harder to get ones though. I then got to thinking that there should be rarity guide like AtariAge which tells collectors which ones are actually the harder to get Skylanders. Not their value of course as that's pretty subjective and not always dependent on rarity. Something purely for the collectors out there who hasn't been buying every single one since day one.

Is there already such a list out there? I've looked online and saw many websites saying the impossibly rare ones like Pearl Hex which no one could ever obtain without paying a few hundred dollars. I'm more interested to see how the Frito Lay Minis, Volcanic Vault, Scratch, Spotlight, Blackout, UFO Hats, Thrillipede, etc rank among collectors. The not-exactly-easy-to-get stuff but still reasonably obtainable stuff. Especially with the Trap Crystals as I have no clue which is a good one and it seems that half of them are pretty rare.

If I had a ton of time and a place to put it, I could develop a list myself but I bet it's already been done by someone. I just haven't be able to locate one yet. Has anyone ever thought about this or made up a list for themselves? It would make an interesting project if it doesn't already exist.
---
Stay Cool!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#2 Posted: 09:15:52 12/12/2016
Skylanders Characters List has some lists of the rarest figures, but not a chart of everything. Maybe it should be useful. Does the rarity change depending on region?
---
Bruh
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#3 Posted: 12:37:36 17/12/2016
Rarity does seem to vary by region. You hear it from our forum members from other countries. I also noticed that when I have traveled around the US, some stores have an abundance of figures that are non-existent in other stores.

Yeah, I remember reading "How rare is my Skylander?" on the Skylanders Character List site, but that's probably it.
---
Any last wishes?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#4 Posted: 12:47:48 17/12/2016
SSA,SG,SF,SC - easy mode
Scratch,STT - open up that wallet
STT final wave - Heaven or Hell
Yawn Traps and Thrillipede - Hell or Hell
Chase Variants - Wallet Must Die
Event Variants - Lunatic Difficulty
Red Camo, Pearl Hex, Malefor/Metallic Cynder, Clutch and Strata artbooks - Queen Larsa

That's all I remember as an outsider hearing collectors talk about rarity. Might be super wrong but I kinda wanted to take the joke opportunity.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#5 Posted: 13:00:56 17/12/2016
Haha, nice list, Bifrost.

I would move Thrillipede back to a less rare category. Even though we didn't get him in stores, he's on ebay for $30 Rio $35.
---
Any last wishes?
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#6 Posted: 14:00:00 17/12/2016
Quote: Bifrost
SSA,SG,SF,SC - easy mode
Scratch,STT - open up that wallet
STT final wave - Heaven or Hell
Yawn Traps and Thrillipede - Hell or Hell
Chase Variants - Wallet Must Die
Event Variants - Lunatic Difficulty
Red Camo, Pearl Hex, Malefor/Metallic Cynder, Clutch and Strata artbooks - Queen Larsa

Doesn't Darklight Crypt fall into the Hell or Hell category? I-I'm pretty sure dude.

I want to make fun of collectors who don't have it c'mon.

Also, Wham-Shell. He's something outside the SA stuff in terms of rarity.
---
Bruh
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 14:02:10 17/12/2016 by Crash10
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#7 Posted: 14:23:36 17/12/2016
Eh, I went for the general statements people made about the avaliability. Darklight Crypt is harder to find sealed but otherwise people found it used a lot - though that's gonna change now that Gamestop won't take used figures anymore.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:23:58 17/12/2016 by Bifrost
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#8 Posted: 20:30:05 04/01/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Eh, I went for the general statements people made about the avaliability. Darklight Crypt is harder to find sealed but otherwise people found it used a lot - though that's gonna change now that Gamestop won't take used figures anymore.

Ah, I feel you. Once they stopped taking in figures, I found out it's going to be harder to collect them all (But I just need Wham-Shell to complete SSA)

Aside from that, I found Darklight Crypt to be not that hard to find in the preowned bin back in the day. I even snapped a picture for dS showing I have found three Ghost Roasters at a time last year.
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:28 04/01/2017 by LameLime
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4411
#9 Posted: 23:38:05 04/01/2017
Nah... Metallic Cynder can be easily found on ebay for... 250$.

I have bought Darklight Crypt for just 1€... in Spain/UK is easy to find it at CeX.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#10 Posted: 01:17:53 05/01/2017
SSC: Baby Mode
SSA, SG, SSF: Easy Mode
SSF Wave 4: Hard
STT: Harder
STT Waves 4/5: Hell Tier 1
Chase Variants: Hell Tier 2
Employee/Event Exclusives: Super Hell Tier
Yawn Traps/Art Books: Ultimate Hell Tier
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me