Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > Even if PC outlives consoles...
Page 1 of 1
Even if PC outlives consoles...
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 19:28:14 05/12/2016 | Topic Creator
Can we at least all agree that console gaming will outlive Steam?

[User Posted Image]
https://www.vg247.com/2016/12/...leased-in-2016/

Seriously, even back two years ago, Steam became such a dumping ground. It can't sustain itself and will only collapse, taking single game with it and Valve will just take the money and run.

GOG, Itch.io, Humble Bundle and even EA Origin will outlive Steam.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Trix Master 100 Diamond Sparx Gems: 8190
#2 Posted: 06:59:31 11/12/2016
I'm going to have to disagree.

The chart you gave us is pretty much saying that Steam has been getting more and more games up on the site for those cannot afford consoles. I mean a lot of developers that produce for console also use Steam for sales. Plus they make a lot of money during sales.

Honestly it's that it's a dumping ground for games isn't the problem. If anything that seems to be more of a bonus. The only way if dumping games becomes a bad thing is when you're not selling the product, overstocking the stores (Pretty much what Activision is pretty much doing with Skylanders). With the internet you cannot really overstock unless the games shut down their servers and etc.

Also I have not met a person that did not have a Steam account without a collection of games. I think Steam is going to outlive Origin tbh. Name 10 people that actually have a Origin because I haven't met 10 people that do.
---
If you cannot handle me at my pumpkin spiciest, you do not deserve me at my pumpkin sweetest
icon from Empoh
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#3 Posted: 07:01:12 11/12/2016
"EA Origin will outlive Steam"

[User Posted Image]
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#4 Posted: 10:52:45 11/12/2016 | Topic Creator
You know what? I'm gonna leave a link here to a video that explains the situation far better than I could on short notice.

WARNING: Contains strong language, some of the words are lewd.

---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me