Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
First | Previous | Page 13 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#601 Posted: 13:02:40 03/07/2017
Crash is the biggest single platform, physical launch in the UK for this year so far. Even outsold Horizon: Zero Dawn. The only game in general to have a better week one at retail in the UK is Ghost Recon: Wildlands.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/a...ase-of-the-year
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:03:11 03/07/2017 by sonicbrawler182
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6425
#602 Posted: 13:03:47 03/07/2017
Could Spyro fans like me still waiting for a Spyro remaster enjoy it even if they never played a Crash game before,except if those Crash demos count.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
#603 Posted: 13:14:00 03/07/2017
Quote: fyra
Could Spyro fans like me still waiting for a Spyro remaster enjoy it even if they never played a Crash game before,except if those Crash demos count.

If you don't mind a more linear platformer and Crash 1's difficulty, then sure.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#604 Posted: 13:22:19 03/07/2017

Crash has not been "my childhood", not as much as Spyro at least, but after I played the second and third games a year ago I immediately fell in love with it.

The gameplay is another world compared to Spyro: very little room for exploration, not as many hidden collectables (some are pretty cleverly placed though) and a much more arcade feel.
But it's so fun.

Not to mention this trilogy might already give us a "preview" of how potential Spyro remakes might be handled.
Just, don't get scared by the first game's difficulty: it gets easier. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:22:51 03/07/2017 by Drek95
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#605 Posted: 15:03:40 03/07/2017
Quote: Drek95

Crash has not been "my childhood", not as much as Spyro at least, but after I played the second and third games a year ago I immediately fell in love with it.

The gameplay is another world compared to Spyro: very little room for exploration, not as many hidden collectables (some are pretty cleverly placed though) and a much more arcade feel.
But it's so fun.

Not to mention this trilogy might already give us a "preview" of how potential Spyro remakes might be handled.
Just, don't get scared by the first game's difficulty: it gets easier. smilie

I have to agree: the only way Crash was in my childhood was in CTR (which I played religiously) and a tiny tiny bit of Crash 1 and 3. Other than that I pretty much only played Spyro 1-3. I knew I was in for a challenge when I bought N. Sane Trilogy but it was completely worth it to me. I missed out on these PS1 classics and discovering them for the first time in this beautiful remaster has been a joy (and occasionally frustrating, but mostly a joy) to play through. When I play Spyro games I can turn my brain off since they aren't particularly hard and I have the levels memorized, and I definitely can't do this with N. Sane Trilogy, but the novelty of seeing another classic PS mascot on PS4 (others being Ratchet and Parappa) makes me feel like a kid again, and hopeful for a Spyro remaster.
---
You gotta believe!
#606 Posted: 18:56:37 03/07/2017
Just completed the colored gems route in Spaced Out, but accidentally loaded my previous save instead of overwriting it.

Not a big deal, that's the only progress I lost, but I would really like to know who had the marvelous idea of choosing square to save and "X" to load... smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:00:36 03/07/2017 by Drek95
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#607 Posted: 19:03:42 03/07/2017
Just completed the colored gems route in Spaced Out, but accidentally loaded my previous save instead of overwriting it.

Not a big deal, that's the only progress I lost, but I would really like to know who had the marvelous idea of choosing square to save and "X" to load... smilie

Why not just autosave?
#608 Posted: 19:11:17 03/07/2017
Quote: Dragon Lover

Why not just autosave?

I deactivated it right after starting the first game, because I didn't like where the slot was placed.
I know, pretty dumb.

Wasn't expecting that to carry over to the other games, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#609 Posted: 03:19:33 04/07/2017

Why not just autosave?

I deactivated it right after starting the first game, because I didn't like where the slot was placed.
I know, pretty dumb.

Wasn't expecting that to carry over to the other games, though.

I feel it, I hate that they put it on the bottom right too.
#610 Posted: 12:06:55 04/07/2017
Just completed Makin' Waves, felt like the controls were just about right if not even better.
Don't know why someone said they got worse.

Also, something funny which I'm not sure was in the original Warped as well:
after you defeat Tiny you can jump on him or use your spin to toss him around the arena, the crowd will throw tomatoes according to his position.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#611 Posted: 15:17:14 04/07/2017
With regards to the jet ski segments... I feel they're worse. Mainly if you're going for all the boxes. In the PSX games, the controls straightened you into position when you went onto a ramp, making it so that all you really needed to focus on was your angle of approach and doing the right flip to break a box. That's been removed for the remake, so now you need to maintain the right direction on the analogue stick (or d-pad) and if you just so happen to jitter a bit, you go flying off in the wrong direction. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#612 Posted: 16:18:39 04/07/2017
Absolutely didn't noticed that, and I aimed for all the boxes on the first try.
Will pay more attention with the next ones.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#613 Posted: 16:58:32 04/07/2017
The only mini game levels I thought were worse were the Polar and Pura ones. Their movement is nowhere near as tight as the original games and their boost goes much faster. You could get the box gems in those levels by doing a boost run of the levels before, only occasionally slowing down, but now it's basically impossible and you should almost never boost when going for the box gems in those levels. Their range of jump heights is nowhere near as good either.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#614 Posted: 17:30:06 04/07/2017
Question: Out of the three, which game is considered the best?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#615 Posted: 17:44:54 04/07/2017 | Topic Creator
By most fans, it's 3. A minority likes 2 more, thanks to the fewer vehicle stages.
---
Bruh
#616 Posted: 18:32:04 04/07/2017
Haven't got any problem with Polar and Pura either, but I admit I never used the boost frequently.

While I greately prefer Warped for its settings, story and music (my God the Time Twister theme) I have to say Crash 2's level design, gameplay and slightly harder difficulty makes it harder to decide.
Not the first game, that's for sure.

It's similar but opposed to what I think about Spyro: the third game is my favorite, but the second has that something which makes me smile each time I play it.
I love the level design and atmospheres of the first, but that's about it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 19:20:52 04/07/2017 by Drek95
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#617 Posted: 19:12:26 04/07/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

Usually the 3rd, although other video game discussion groups I'm part of tend to say the 2nd is the more popular. The way I see the original trilogy is much like the Spyro ones - the first is the rough attempt (although Spyro's is far more replayable), the second is perfect in every way, but the third feels almost like a lighter version catering to a more action-oriented audience. Both Spyro 2: Gateway to Glimmer and Crash Bandicoot 2: Cortex Strikes back feel like they have the tightest controls, whereas in the third game they're more slippery but not to a fault, and do more to look good in demos and trailers.

If you want my breakdown of what I think are the best parts of the three games here they are: I think CB1 is great with its difficulty and platforming challenge, but is let down entirely by its controls. It rivals the second game in its environments, which are tightly packed, but the second game does everything else better from gems to boss battles. The third game is just comfy - built for the analogue sticks, all the vehicles are great except for the motorcycle and as I'm no completionist the time trials are just something to squeeze a few hidden levels out of. What I don't like about the third game is how few of the levels are as cramped, showing weak background art instead of the fully 3D look of the previous two games. As to which game has the best soundtrack I cannot say - they're all good, with CB1 having the best ambience and daunting music, whereas the other two games had less appropriate but more upbeat tunes that still worked.

I am speaking entirely from the perspective of the original games though and not the remaster. I would assume the controls would be the same across all three games given how the games are coded from scratch and have had their assets altered to cater to them. smilie
#618 Posted: 19:25:12 04/07/2017

Most people like 3 the most. It was the most accessible, had the most pazazz, and had stuff like playable Coco and power-ups.

I personally gravitate between 2 and 3, but in terms of the remakes, 3 is the best one without a doubt. The unified physics they made for the remake are based on 3, so none of its level design breaks, at least not nearly as often as Crash 1 and 2. Crash 1 and 2's levels were not designed with Crash 3's physics in mind, so their level design sometimes breaks in N. Sane Trilogy.
---
#619 Posted: 21:15:31 04/07/2017
Yeah, 2 and 3 seem to be the best. I have to play the game to decide.
---
#620 Posted: 00:29:54 05/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Everyone can agree the yellow submarine sucks right?
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:30:12 05/07/2017 by Crash10
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#621 Posted: 07:53:18 05/07/2017
Quote: Crash10
Everyone can agree the yellow submarine sucks right?

You'd be surprised how many people like it. They're wrong and shall be branded heretics, but who knows, maybe they're into that. smilie
#622 Posted: 20:39:30 05/07/2017
I just cleared Warped today; all crystals, gems, and relics (most being gold, booyah).
#623 Posted: 19:51:55 07/07/2017
This game's soundtrack gives me life. Listening to the three Cortex themes in particular make me smile like a goofy idiot because they sound so epic.
---
#624 Posted: 20:35:38 07/07/2017
There's an official soundtrack on Spotify for anyone interested. It's missing certain bonus and death route themes, I believe. And the songs don't loop. But, hey, it exists.

EDIT: I know there's reports of the game selling like hotcakes in the UK, but do we have any sales figures for North America? If they're good like the UK than ActiBlizz is going to have a damn hard time saying "lack of interest" is the reason the Insomniac Spyro trilogy won't get remade. <.<
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:38:05 07/07/2017 by HIR
#625 Posted: 23:14:27 07/07/2017
I feel like Cortex's theme in CSB is the best one, because it captures the threatening and evil vibes from the first one and the action packed ones from the third. It's a good mix that captures both sides of the character.
---
#626 Posted: 23:19:24 07/07/2017
Quote: HIR
There's an official soundtrack on Spotify for anyone interested. It's missing certain bonus and death route themes, I believe. And the songs don't loop. But, hey, it exists.

EDIT: I know there's reports of the game selling like hotcakes in the UK, but do we have any sales figures for North America? If they're good like the UK than ActiBlizz is going to have a damn hard time saying "lack of interest" is the reason the Insomniac Spyro trilogy won't get remade. <.<

Call me a dreamer, but I'm honestly starting to have no doubt about Spyro's remakes being announced either next year or (hopefully) during the upcoming PlayStation Experience.

They already started to drop hints like they did for Crash, the biggest one being in N. Sane Trilogy itself, and probably wanted to see how he would be received before preparing for the big reveal.
They know we want it and they know we know that.
They have absolutely no excuse.

By the way I agree, the soundtrack is amazing.
Have to say my favorite theme so far is N. Gin's Warped battle's, but have high hopes for Cortex's.
Some tracks might be a bit less atmospheric than the original ones but simply because the levels themselves changed a little as well.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:21:49 07/07/2017 by Drek95
#627 Posted: 00:15:14 08/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Reminder that the soundtrack is also on Google Play Store. It lacks a lot of songs (like some of the first game's stages/bosses, as well as bonus and death route tracks), but I like how they properly end the songs instead of looping them.
---
Bruh
#628 Posted: 12:13:36 08/07/2017
That's a rather weird bug.
Have been quite lucky thus far, the only glitch I noticed were in Jaws of Darkness when I took the blue gem route and decided to go back after returning to the regular one; the gane acted as if I were still near the crushing stones and the camera kept shaking.

Nothing terrible.

I have a question though (I'll spoiler it even if we are talking about something 20 years old):
did they lowered the number of gems required to access the secret ending in the first game?
I got the 26th gem a couple minutes ago, yet I was still able to see the ending when I was around 20.
Never played the original title but even the hint says "all clear gems".
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:14:05 08/07/2017 by Drek95
#629 Posted: 14:34:26 08/07/2017
Uh... I believe in The Great Hall you only need all the Clear Gems, but you can't get them all w/o the Colored Gems anyway, so it's irrelevant.
---
#630 Posted: 15:11:22 08/07/2017
But I didn't had all the Clear Gems either.
Not even all the colored ones.

They most likely just lowered the amount required, for whatever reason.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:29:53 08/07/2017 by Drek95
#631 Posted: 10:39:30 09/07/2017
Regarding the Great Hall question, N. Sane Trilogy reads the colour gems as clear gems too in Crash 1, meaning you can you can get the secret ending with 6 less clear gems than normal. I assume this is a bug considering how faithful other things are and it doesn't make sense for the colour gems to randomly turn into clear gems. You also need to get all of the gems anyway for a trophy.

Also, there's gonna be Crash Bandicoot panel at SDCC, and Dark Horse Comics will be at it. Hopefully this means we're getting an art book or even a comic.

https://blog.activision.com/t5...7/ba-p/10308174
---
#632 Posted: 12:32:29 09/07/2017
That's pretty cool!
That "special surprise" they mentioned might be the reveal of the Lost Treasures DLC.

So, regarding the whole supposed Spyro easter-egg, I stumbled upon something which may or may not be part of it.
Crash 2's second and fourth warp rooms have a couple purple crystal clusters in them: nothing new, I just ckecked and they were in the original game as well (only difference is that a few are missing in the remake).

What's interesting is that in N. Sane Trilogy they are actually interactive, shaking and emitting a magical sound and purple particles when hit by a move.
I tried hitting all of them but it didn't affect the code in the main menu.

Could just be a nice little detail they decided to add and I thought I could share it anyway, but the fact they are purple (they were definitely more blue in the original) and give such a magical vibe makes me think there might be more to uncover.
They really feel Spyro-esque, though not out of place.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:34:15 09/07/2017 by Drek95
#633 Posted: 20:46:17 10/07/2017
I'm so proud, y'all. For the first time ever I actually got all the colored gems in the 1st game smilie

an authentic **** U to whoever looked at slippery climb and said "yes, this is the level u must do without dying"
#634 Posted: 21:15:46 10/07/2017
You know, if this ever got a follow up, I'd love a N.Sane Trilogy Volume 2, with three brand new games in the same style. I am actually creating a fan idea for it and I may post it here.
---
#635 Posted: 21:18:52 10/07/2017
I'm so proud, y'all. For the first time ever I actually got all the colored gems in the 1st game smilie

an authentic **** U to whoever looked at slippery climb and said "yes, this is the level u must do without dying"

Think about getting the Golden Relic there.
That'll be so much fun! smilie

Seriously, whoever thought that Crash Bandicoot should have had time trials without the speed upgrade in levels such as Native Fortress or Slippery Climb should be slapped in the face until he loses his Aku Aku.

Replayability, I guess!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#636 Posted: 21:20:56 10/07/2017
You know, if this ever got a follow up, I'd love a N.Sane Trilogy Volume 2, with three brand new games in the same style. I am actually creating a fan idea for it and I may post it here.

It should contain CTR, Crash Wrath of Cortex, and Twinsanity
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#637 Posted: 21:22:30 10/07/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy

It should contain CTR, Crash Wrath of Cortex, and Twinsanity

No I'm suggesting it's three BRAND NEW games
---
#638 Posted: 23:05:15 10/07/2017
I'm so proud, y'all. For the first time ever I actually got all the colored gems in the 1st game :D

That'll be so much fun! :D

Seriously, whoever thought that Crash Bandicoot should have had time trials without the speed upgrade in levels such as Native Fortress or Slippery Climb should be slapped in the face until he loses his Aku Aku.

Replayability, I guess!

Crash 1's level design does not suit the Crash Dash at all. Now the Double Jump & Death Tornado Spin on the other hand...
---
#639 Posted: 23:48:00 10/07/2017
Quote: HIR

That'll be so much fun! smilie

Replayability, I guess!

Crash 1's level design does not suit the Crash Dash at all. Now the Double Jump & Death Tornado Spin on the other hand...

You are right, I used the wrong example because I thought about how they added it in Cortex Strikes Back, but still; nothing to help, absolutely nothing.

I've no interest in getting all the Platinum Relics but I got the Golden one in Hog Wild and have absolutely no idea how that time could be topped: I got all the time-stopping crates, never got hit (otherwise I would have died) and never stopped running because you simply can't.
I think tine trials simply don't fit Crash 1 at all, not as well as the second game at least.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#640 Posted: 02:47:16 11/07/2017
I haven't attempted the time trials in the 1st game yet and probably only will for the trophies, cuz **** that noise otherwise (':
#641 Posted: 03:29:44 11/07/2017
I can't think of a single person who actually wanted Time Trials in Crash 1. <.<
---
First | Previous | Page 13 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 14 15 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me