Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
First | Previous | Page 12 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#551 Posted: 15:08:55 30/06/2017
Quote: fyra
Will wait with Popcorn in hand when the Spyro trilogy remaster come and they complain about their difficulty and lower the rating just because of that one level that send shivers down the spine of Spyro fans,Tree Tops.

On one hand I would be glad if they made it just slightly easier, on the other... I replayed all three games last year, it really isn't that difficult (at least not as much as I remembered it).

Only required me about 10 tries. smilie

EDIT:
hohohohoh, Breeze Harbor.
Always wished I could roast that breezebuilder.
I could see it getting a bit better with advanced physics and smoother controls but again, don't want it to change drastically either.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:11:51 30/06/2017 by Drek95
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#552 Posted: 15:15:15 30/06/2017
I never played the first two Spyro games. I have played from YoTD and afterwards though. Even Shadow Legacy and LoS games.....I didn't like those 4.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#553 Posted: 15:19:15 30/06/2017
I WILL!! ONCE WE GET THAT REMAKE!

And you are, a fool! Not me!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#554 Posted: 16:51:33 30/06/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
NO, BUY THE ORIGINALS YOU CUCK!

Nein!

But what if we don't own a playstation
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#555 Posted: 17:12:39 30/06/2017
I might get a PS4 for my b-day in July....
---
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#556 Posted: 17:49:56 30/06/2017
[User Posted Image]

Just so people are aware, the NTSC version doesn't have the "Only on Playstation" tag. That might've been a promotional thing.

Unfortunately I can't start playing b/c I'm stuck looking after this spastic dog, but I am hearing reports that VV done ****ed up the jet ski levels in Crash 3. Apparently it's got slippery controls now. <.<
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#557 Posted: 18:36:05 30/06/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
But what if we don't own a playstation

Get a PS3. Literally the best console in existence, no excuse whatsoever to not own one.

Yes there is, it's called not enough money
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7098
#558 Posted: 20:31:56 30/06/2017
Coco confirmed to be a reddit ****poster.

https://www.reddit.com/r/crash...website_in_her/
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#559 Posted: 20:37:42 30/06/2017
The PS2 is also backwards compatible with PS1 games, and is also a fantastic system. It's probably a lot cheaper than a PS3. Just make sure you get one that works.

Anyway I started playing N. Sane Trilogy today and just got past Road to Nowhere after literally an hour of just trying that level. It's really challenging but I am enjoying this so much. I never even got to Ripper Roo on PS1, and I never played Crash 2 at all, so this is practically a whole new game to me.
---
You gotta believe!
#560 Posted: 21:20:50 30/06/2017
Oh god damn it...

So, yeah, this game saves your box totals in Crash 1. But if you want any of the colored gems (which are required to get the bulk of the colorless gems anyway) you still have to beat the appropriate levels without dying.

I'll bet that's what got the reviewers complaining. <.>
---
#561 Posted: 22:46:09 30/06/2017
To be fair, there wouldn't really be a proper distinction between the two gem types otherwise. The colour gems should be trickier to get. Crash 2 handles it better, though.

Anyway, presented without commentary - the Pandora's Box of memes.

---
#562 Posted: 23:34:41 30/06/2017
Yes, but I'm remembering that A) I suck at video games, B) I have bad depth perception, and C) my hands spasm when holding a controller. So I die... a lot. It may actually be impossible for me to get the colored gems in Crash 1. XD
---
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#563 Posted: 02:24:50 01/07/2017
Based on depth perception, I'll swear that it's totally wonky, man. I can't tell you how many times I've died just because something was way closer/farther away than it looked.

Overall, this remaster has made me feel like an absolute kid again and I love it. I just gotta stop relying so much on muscle memory and learn the new PS4 physics. smilie'
#564 Posted: 21:31:54 01/07/2017
Just dropped by to say I'm absolutely loving the game.
V.V. you truly won my heart, this time.

Bye, have to break more crates! smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#565 Posted: 21:47:28 01/07/2017
I got a PS4 and Crash Bandicoot today. I am very happy if not infuriated at how hard Native Fortress is lol
#566 Posted: 22:05:13 01/07/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
I got a PS4 and Crash Bandicoot today. I am very happy if not infuriated at how hard Native Fortress is lol

Wait until you reach The High Road.

I thought Crash 2 and 3 were already difficult, but this level is just brutal.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:09:00 01/07/2017 by Drek95
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#567 Posted: 22:57:17 01/07/2017
Been playing since yesterday so happy my boy is back!
#568 Posted: 23:31:44 01/07/2017
OH MY GOD.

I just completed Slippery Climb without dying on my fifth or so try! smilie
Please, tell me there is nothing worse.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#569 Posted: 01:27:29 02/07/2017
...Wow. I really must suck at video games then. Because I can't even get past The Lost City anymore.

I should probably stop buying games altogether. <.>
---
#570 Posted: 01:39:06 02/07/2017
Quote: HIR
...Wow. I really must suck at video games then. Because I can't even get past The Lost City anymore.

I should probably stop buying games altogether. <.>

Don't get discouraged because of the first game, man.

It's the first time I play it properly and I'm finding it extremely hard and at times even unfair, compared to Cortex Strikes Back and Warped.
Still fun of course, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it, but I lost like 40+ lives just trying to get The High Road's gem.

It almost became frustrating.
Almost.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#571 Posted: 01:58:44 02/07/2017
Pffft. I Game Overed twice on Native Fortress and four times on Ripper Roo. Because my depth perception is, in fact, that bad. <.<;
---
#572 Posted: 02:12:10 02/07/2017
It should be noted that there are a lot of known, small bugs and issues in N. Sane Trilogy that add up to make the experience harder than it should be.

For instance, Crash straight up doesn't get as much distance out of his jumps in all three games, meaning there are a lot more jumps where you have to jump RIGHT at the edge in order to make the jump.

On the topic of High Road, enemies like turtles that you can use as trampolines now have smaller hitboxes than their model, meaning you can sometimes clearly land on top of them, but you'll just "slip off". You will notice this in High Road a lot since you have to jump on strings of turtles in succession. You can use the ropes as walkways to bypass them, but the collision for the ropes is also thinner than in the original game.

There's also an issue in Crash 1 where some enemies have shield properties when they're not supposed to, meaning you get bounced back when you spin them. I've died multiple times to this and have tested it to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but it seems to be the case. It's always the exact same instance of an enemy type in specific levels that have the issue.

Also in Crash 2, I once got Crash permanently stuck in his falling animation on a transportation platform in the first ice level. The game then faded to black as a fail-safe, deducted a life from me, and spawned me at the next checkpoint, one I hadn't even activated yet. I forgot to save a replay but I think it's easy to replicate.

I really hope they patch the game because other than these issues, it's fantastic. They don't kill the experience but they make Time Trials a nightmare and in general I feel I have to play super carefully.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:14:26 02/07/2017 by sonicbrawler182
#573 Posted: 02:14:44 02/07/2017
Quote: sonicbrawler182
It should be noted that there are a lot of known, small bugs and issues in N. Sane Trilogy that add up to make the experience harder than it should be.

For instance, Crash straight up doesn't get as much distance out of his jumps in all three games, meaning there are a lot more jumps where you have to jump RIGHT at the edge in order to make the jump.

On the topic of High Road, enemies like turtles that you can use as trampolines now have smaller hitboxes than their model, meaning you can sometimes clearly land on top of them, but you'll just "slip off". You will notice this in High Road a lot since you have to jump on strings of turtles in succession. You can use the ropes as walkways to bypass them, but the collision for the ropes is also thinner than in the original game.

There's also an issue in Crash 1 where some enemies have shield properties when they're not supposed to, meaning you get bounced back when you spin them. I've died multiple times to this and have tested it to make sure I wasn't seeing things, but it seems to be the case. It's always the exact same instance of an enemy type in specific levels that have the issue.

Also in Crash 2, I once got Crash permanently stuck in his falling animation on a transportation platform in the first ice level. The game then faded to black as a fail-safe, deducted a life from me, and spawned me at the next checkpoint, one I hadn't even activated yet. I forgot to save a replay but I think it's easy to replicate.

Uh, free checkpoint?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#574 Posted: 02:31:07 02/07/2017
The checkpoint was right after the transportation platform anyway so it's more like it just took a life away from me for no reason.

Point is, this is a retail product where it had to execute a fail-safe command, likely to prevent a crash (no pun intended), which costs the player a life. That's not acceptable.
---
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#575 Posted: 07:17:57 02/07/2017
Quick question gang: does the N. Sane Trilogy require a day 1 update or patch? It's not that I'm against them entirely, but I'd like to know that if/when the PS4 servers shut down I'll be able to play the game out of the box in 40,000 years time. It'd be a terrible shame not to be able to play this remastered classic because of modern vidya stuff.
#576 Posted: 09:54:19 02/07/2017
Quote: Johnbonne
Quick question gang: does the N. Sane Trilogy require a day 1 update or patch? It's not that I'm against them entirely, but I'd like to know that if/when the PS4 servers shut down I'll be able to play the game out of the box in 40,000 years time. It'd be a terrible shame not to be able to play this remastered classic because of modern vidya stuff.

Don't think so, at least I didn't saw any (and was there during the whole installation).
Kinda surprised me, to be honest.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#577 Posted: 10:32:02 02/07/2017
Quote: Drek95

Don't think so, at least I didn't saw any (and was there during the whole installation).

Cheers mateymunch! Just wanted to be sure. I'd not be terribly mad if there was, but like I say I want to be comfortable in the knowledge it can be played offline in the future! smilie
#578 Posted: 13:02:36 02/07/2017

Cheers mateymunch! Just wanted to be sure. I'd not be terribly mad if there was, but like I say I want to be comfortable in the knowledge it can be played offline in the future! ^^

An update file installed for me when I loaded up the game for the first time, but it was done in 5 seconds. If there is a patch, it's tiny, b/c my internet is pretty meh.
---
#579 Posted: 13:52:44 02/07/2017
Quote: HIR

Cheers mateymunch! Just wanted to be sure. I'd not be terribly mad if there was, but like I say I want to be comfortable in the knowledge it can be played offline in the future! smilie

An update file installed for me when I loaded up the game for the first time, but it was done in 5 seconds. If there is a patch, it's tiny, b/c my internet is pretty meh.

So long as it's not mandatory I don't care too much. If it is, it doesn't matter how small it is when I can no longer download it from Sony's servers in far off distant future. Again, ta muchly! smilie
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#580 Posted: 19:07:47 02/07/2017 | Topic Creator
Top 10 Anime Openings:

---
Bruh
#581 Posted: 20:06:40 02/07/2017
I should show it to all my friends saying japanese dubbers (not voice actors, there's quite a difference) are better than italian ones.
They aren't even trying to match the labial, not even with laughs and such. smilie

The intro for the whole game is amazing though, and Coco's voice is just adorable.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#582 Posted: 20:13:03 02/07/2017
Hey, is this on the Playstation Vita?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#583 Posted: 20:15:53 02/07/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257

Somewhat. You can play it on Vita using Remote Play, but you still have to have a PS4
#584 Posted: 20:18:01 02/07/2017

Somewhat. You can play it on Vita using Remote Play, but you still have to have a PS4

Oh right. Looks like I may start saving up for a Switch and the PS4 after all!
---
#585 Posted: 21:09:38 02/07/2017

So, now its both?
---
madison-dwrd Emerald Sparx Gems: 3201
#586 Posted: 21:41:16 02/07/2017
So I spent two days playing N. Sane Trilogy and got to Cortex Power, much farther than I ever had gotten on the PS1. I was pretty proud that I got the hang of the controls so I decided to put this remaster to the test: I turned on the PS1 game to see how far I could go without getting a game over. Just so you know, I played Crash 1 just a few weeks ago and got a game over on the second level and couldn't even finish it. This time, with what I learned from playing Crash 1 in N. Sane Trilogy, I got PAST Road To Nowhere before getting a game over in the next level (because Road to Nowhere ate up all the lives I had gotten). No other game has ever made me feel legitimately proud of myself, like I accomplished something. N. Sane Trilogy officially gets my seal of approval. smilie
---
You gotta believe!
Dragon Lover Emerald Sparx Gems: 4649
#587 Posted: 04:19:26 03/07/2017
I've beaten Cortex Strikes Back and Warped and I'm working on getting everything I can in the latter right now. I can definitely tell the difference in physics but overall I'm still so hyped that this part of my childhood has made its way back to glory.
#588 Posted: 08:37:41 03/07/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

So, now its both?

I guess so...
---
#589 Posted: 09:23:42 03/07/2017
Quote: Dragon Lover
I've beaten Cortex Strikes Back and Warped and I'm working on getting everything I can in the latter right now. I can definitely tell the difference in physics but overall I'm still so hyped that this part of my childhood has made its way back to glory.

I have to admit it's a pretty strange experience, overall.
Aside from the fact that getting to play Cortex Strikes Back after the first Crash almost felt like I went from a nearly broken controller to a perfectly working one (not saying the controls of the first game are bad, but there is a hug difference), it's weird how the game loos quite different, yet plays the same but still feel a bit different.

The true magic is that after a couple intense hours, yesterday, I almost forgot I was playing a remake.
It just felt so close to the original that I realized I was having the same problems I had when playing the second game roughly a year ago. smilie

It's definitely something all Crash fans should try.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
First | Previous | Page 12 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 10 11 12 13 14 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me