Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
First | Previous | Page 11 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23
The Official All-Purpose Crash Bandicoot Topic
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#501 Posted: 20:21:40 29/06/2017
good reviews? glad it's doing we-

(drama in the distance)

oh

lemme get my potater chips
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#502 Posted: 20:28:38 29/06/2017
[User Posted Image]

i hate game reviewers
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#503 Posted: 20:36:08 29/06/2017
Ah yes, remember when Crash started using shield parries and they hid all the jokes behind item lore?
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#504 Posted: 20:38:16 29/06/2017
I'm praying this gets put on the Switch...PLEASE ALMIGHTY LORD IN HEAVEN I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH BUT I'M BEGGING YOU TO DO THIS ONE THING

I don't mind if I have to wait a year. I just want to play this game so bad.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#505 Posted: 20:45:43 29/06/2017
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
[User Posted Image]

i hate game reviewers

It's funny because all I read is "we once were able to complete harder games without complaining all the time and simply getting good at them, but now we've become lazy and expect every title to be easy because we are grown up adults and these are kids' games".

Can I vent a little bit?
Pardon me in advance.

All the criticism I read today was about how the gameplay stayed the same.
EXCUSE ME?

I've seen all the possible kind of ramblings about how they changed this texture, and moved this object, and adjusted the lighting, and altered the animations, and modified the music... yet people still managed to complain about the "old and choppy gameplay" which was left untouched, because you know, it's what matters the most in a game.
And you know why it was left untouched...?
Because God knows how "fans" (should definitely add more quotation marks but would become a pain to read) would have reacted if they dared to touch Naught Dog's little gem and precious masterpiece after all that laughable nitpicking.

I can almost see the pitchforks and the torches roaming the streets because they made the controls more responsive and some jumps less frustrating, because "this totally ruins the feeling of the game".
This game really shown how immature, insatiable and plain rodiculous the gaming community can be.

I'm so sick of all those so called "critics" that I didn't even bother to replay to their comments.

All I know is that tomorrow (or at the latest the day after tomorrow) I'll finally get my hand on the game and I'll absolutely love it, because guess what?
I absolutely loved the old games.

Sorry, I just couldn't held it back anymore.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:47:32 29/06/2017 by Drek95
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#506 Posted: 20:58:25 29/06/2017
A lot of "mainstream" reviewers looove the handholding. Even if Crash lives are pretty much pointless unless you're going for the 100something%, the fact you're losing some frequently already thins their patience that they could be putting towards other games they were paid to review, even if little time is lost. This is also why a lot don't bother to play RPGs to the end either(except if it's Persona 5, because memes bring clicks), or god forbid, only played the first route of NieR: Automata which isn't even the majority the actual game and severely cripples their opinion of it because of the gameplay changes that happen after.

But hey, one review, we always had that issue with Skylanders, Sonic, etc, where some people grasp for straws and ignores real problems or shining aspects of a game. No use getting worked up over it.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:59:18 29/06/2017 by Bifrost
TacoMakerSkys Platinum Sparx Gems: 5652
#507 Posted: 21:01:37 29/06/2017
Quote: Chompy-King257
I'm praying this gets put on the Switch...PLEASE ALMIGHTY LORD IN HEAVEN I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH BUT I'M BEGGING YOU TO DO THIS ONE THING

Playstation exclusive buddy smilie
---
words. letters. filler.
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#508 Posted: 21:01:51 29/06/2017
Quote: Drek95
[User Posted Image]

i hate game reviewers

It's funny because all I read is "we once were able to complete harder games without complaining all the time and simply getting good at them, but now we've become lazy and expect every title to be easy because we are grown up adults and these are kids' games".

Can I vent a little bit?
Pardon me in advance.

All the criticism I read today was about how the gameplay stayed the same.
EXCUSE ME?

I've seen all the possible kind of ramblings about how they changed this texture, and moved this object, and adjusted the lighting, and altered the animations, and modified the music... yet people still managed to complain about the "old and choppy gameplay" which was left untouched, because you know, it's what matters the most in a game.
And you know why it was left untouched...?
Because God knows how "fans" (should definitely add more quotation marks but would become a pain to read) would have reacted if they dared to touch Naught Dog's little gem and precious masterpiece after all that laughable nitpicking.

I can almost see the pitchforks and the torches roaming the streets because they made the controls more responsive and some jumps less frustrating, because "this totally ruins the feeling of the game".
This game really shown how immature, insatiable and plain rodiculous the gaming community can be.

I'm so sick of all those so called "critics" that I didn't even bother to replay to their comments.

All I know is that tomorrow (or at the latest the day after tomorrow) I'll finally get my hand on the game and I'll absolutely love it, because guess what?
I absolutely loved the old games.

Sorry, I just couldn't held it back anymore.

Oh but don't you know? Its a remaster! Its SUPPOSED to be innovative, fresh and new, to invent new gameplay, appeal to casual gamers, and not be "dated" /s

You know, according to GameSpot of course. Instead of being a faithful adaption of the old source material trilogy of games, with prettied up visuals and additions, which it is.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:02:37 29/06/2017 by Bryman04
#509 Posted: 21:03:59 29/06/2017
Quote: TacoMakerSkys

There's evidence pointing to otherwise.
---
#510 Posted: 21:07:00 29/06/2017

Playstation exclusive buddy :P

Don't just leave me hanging, state that evidence to back up your claim :P
---
words. letters. filler.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#511 Posted: 21:07:19 29/06/2017
I'm praying this gets put on the Switch...PLEASE ALMforum.darkspyro.net/spyro/IGHTY LORD IN HEAVEN I DON'T ASK FOR MUCH BUT I'M BEGGING YOU TO DO THIS ONE THING

Yeah, so far nothing says its exclusive to PS4.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#512 Posted: 21:12:17 29/06/2017

Don't just leave me hanging, state that evidence to back up your claim smilie

Sony doesn't own Crash anymore so there's no reason why he couldn't. Also, on one of the PS Twitter pages, they posted that it will be coming to the PS4 and ps pro first. The inclusion of the word first suggests that it may just be a timed exclusive and later appear on other consoles later. Also, I forgot who but someone on here just posted an article about how it's hinted for the xbone and possible box art. And lastly, this is Acti we're talking about. They want to make as much money as possible, so they will try and let everyone play it so they can make more money.
---
SkyFan91 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1806
#513 Posted: 21:12:50 29/06/2017
Quote: HeyitsHotDog

Lmao ya sure? https://twitter.com/jaybillsga...563129797619713
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#514 Posted: 21:21:54 29/06/2017
Quote: SkyFan91

Why do you gotta be so friggin snarky about this. Why is it so hard for you to empathize with people who don't feel like shelling out hundreds of dollars to play this game?

I feel like regardless, PlayStation and Activision have done a piss poor job of marketing it as a PS4 exclusive and the possibility is still out there
#515 Posted: 21:21:57 29/06/2017

This guy connected with Acti in anyway?
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#516 Posted: 21:23:56 29/06/2017
I'll be streaming my game play at launch when it hits midnight, which is in about 1 hour and 45 minutes for me. I'll embed the YouTube link here about 15 minutes in advance.

No commentary or anything but hopefully it will tide those of you over who have to wait a little longer to play. I haven't played Crash in a while (unless you count Uncharted 4), but I'd like to think I'm pretty good at platformers so hopefully I can provide some decently paced gameplay, unlike a lot of the footage so far. smilie
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
#517 Posted: 21:24:57 29/06/2017

No he's a friend of mine
#518 Posted: 21:27:31 29/06/2017

No he's a friend of mine

And how does he know Crash PS4 exclusive? What's his merit?
---
#519 Posted: 21:28:47 29/06/2017

No he's a friend of mine

And how does he know Crash PS4 exclusive? What's his merit?

This wasn't his pic. If you actually read the tweet he gave credit to MOTWERA read bruh. Also this was in a Mall I believe
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#520 Posted: 21:29:38 29/06/2017
stop port begging, its painful to read
#521 Posted: 21:31:09 29/06/2017
I'm getting the Switch without a doubt, and I want to play Crash but won't be able to if it never comes. I've been a fan of the series for a long time and i really want to be able to play as well as Mario and Sonic, the other platformer giants that are also getting new games this year. So...hoping for a Crash port.
---
#522 Posted: 21:34:35 29/06/2017
stop port begging, its painful to read

Exactly my thoughts
HIR Diamond Sparx Gems: 9016
#523 Posted: 22:18:16 29/06/2017
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Sony doesn't own Crash anymore so there's no reason why he couldn't.

Except Sony DOES own the rights to the original PlayStation games, just not the IP as a whole.

Also, technically speaking, Sony never owned Crash (Or Spyro, for that matter) 100%, as it was Universal Interactive that owned the IP at the time.

Doesn't matter how many times we say it, people are going to beg for it anyway. <.<;
---
Congrats! You wasted five seconds reading this.
#524 Posted: 22:34:34 29/06/2017
Quote: TheToyNerd
Well **** me for wanting to conserve money, I guess.

Platform exclusives are incredibly stupid IMO because the tech is the same on both sides.

I mean, you're literally wrong about this.

Hell, we're now in a generation where even the same company can have two different models of the same system with different specs.

-----

Forgot that I can't stream the home menu, but here's my Crash stream since the game just went live.

---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:04:53 29/06/2017 by sonicbrawler182
#525 Posted: 23:05:59 29/06/2017
Fine, whatever. Call me a retard all you want!

Sorry that I'm such a ****ing idiot, I guess. I still believe there's a chance of it going multiplat, but if it doesn't, then this makes for a good Christmas present, I guess. Can we stop insulting people over video games now, please?
#526 Posted: 23:09:58 29/06/2017
I wasn't venting about a single review, in fact I wasn't venting about a review at all.

I was talking about people all over the Internet, whether they do it on Facebook or YouTube, literally devastating this game in any possible way for the past months which are now criticizing the only thing which was (thankfully, in my opinion) left untouched.

That's the attitude I'm sick of.
Everyone believes to be a critic about anything nowadays and pretends his opinions are undoubtedly objective and backed up by facts, while the majority of them are sterile and not constructive at all.
Sometimes I feel like the entire human race doesn't deserve an access to Internet, it's waaaaay too immature.

Enough ranting, let's go back to Crash.

I'm pretty positive it will remain a PlayStation exclusive, but if signs in stores aren't a definitive proof then I don't have better ones.
Even Sony itself has repeatedly changed its statements during the last few years.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#527 Posted: 23:14:53 29/06/2017
According to SomecallmeJohnny's Twitter, the spin-slide-jump glitch is still a thing in N. Sane. So rejoice, speedrunners! <.<
---
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#528 Posted: 23:31:50 29/06/2017
I'm back, has mugo complained about anything yet?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#529 Posted: 00:43:41 30/06/2017
Quote: Drawdler
^ Is that just when you slide, spin and jump and it goes further than normal? I actually thought that was intentional. I'm glad to see it's made official now, I love that trick.

It's as official as the double jump trick in Spyro 2. ^.^;
---
#530 Posted: 02:07:21 30/06/2017
Played for a good three hours and had fun, until I got to High Road and lost over 50 lives and got a game over.

I won't get into detail right now but that level is actually awfully designed. Everything else was mostly fine though, and honestly more fun than I remember.
---
#531 Posted: 03:56:27 30/06/2017
Uh guys...

We might be onto something big here!
#532 Posted: 04:53:41 30/06/2017
I'm getting the Switch without a doubt, and I want to play Crash but won't be able to if it never comes. I've been a fan of the series for a long time and i really want to be able to play as well as Mario and Sonic, the other platformer giants that are also getting new games this year. So...hoping for a Crash port.

Why not just get a job and buy a PS4 to play it lmfao, or get a PS4 instead of a Switch.

Fine, whatever. Call me a retard all you want!

Sorry that I'm such a ****ing idiot, I guess. I still believe there's a chance of it going multiplat, but if it doesn't, then this makes for a good Christmas present, I guess. Can we stop insulting people over video games now, please?

Only one insulting you is yourself, buddy
---
words. letters. filler.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 04:56:48 30/06/2017 by TacoMakerSkys
#533 Posted: 11:34:00 30/06/2017
Uh guys...

OHOHOHOHOHOHOHO.

THIS is what I was waiting for.
Can't wait to get my hands on my copy, either today or tomorrow, and obtain all the Platinum Trophies.
This just became personal. smilie
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:35:56 30/06/2017 by Drek95
King-Pen Krazy Yellow Sparx Gems: 1907
#534 Posted: 11:36:54 30/06/2017
Is the spyro code the spyro demo in crash 3
?
---
Rise and Shine Ursine
#535 Posted: 11:49:07 30/06/2017
Quote: King-Pen Krazy
Is the spyro code the spyro demo in crash 3
?

Yep, but entering the code in the main screen (there is no specific title screen for each game) currently doesn't activate it; what's interesting is that it does seem to do something, the code is there and it works.
Being "remade from scratch" there is no way this wasn't intentional.

My guess is that it's either unlocked by obtaining the three Platinum Trophies or will be added via patch with the DLC.
Maybe even with the Day One patch, since I think it might not have been available yet due to early releases.

Speaking of it, "The Lost Treasure", huh...?
You know who went after treasure in his own games?
Might be overthinking it but oooooooh boy is this exciting!
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#536 Posted: 11:55:14 30/06/2017
I'm not seeing any difference in the video. What cursor is being referred to?
---
#537 Posted: 12:01:07 30/06/2017
I'm not seeing any difference in the video. What cursor is being referred to?

Haven't seen the video because I don't want to spoil myself the main screen in action, so that part confuses me as well.

Especially since he said it does something for Warped, but not for the other two games.
I assume he's talking about the icons with the games' names, somehow.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#538 Posted: 12:45:51 30/06/2017
Uh guys...

Quote: HIR
Here's something to consider? Remember how Insomniac and Naughty Dog were all buddy-buddy back in the day and Crash games included secret Spyro demos (and vice versa)? What if ActiBlizz chose to announce Spyro with a throwback... a secret hidden demo of the Artisan's homeworld? That's probably way too meta, but it would be pretty cool.

Quote: HIR
A part of me is still wondering if the N. Sane Trilogy will have a hidden demo for a Spyro remake. Just like Naughty Dog snuck Spyro demos into their Crash games. XP

I will die from laughter if this turns out to be true. XD
---
#539 Posted: 13:11:39 30/06/2017
I'll probably just straight up die and ressurect if it's true.
It would be the first solid hint towards what I've been asking for all the past years.

Please don't let us down, Activision.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 12:07:55 04/07/2017 by Drek95
#540 Posted: 13:13:12 30/06/2017
I won't get my hopes up for an actual Spyro demo, but maybe they will have a teaser for Spyro similar to how the Sly trilogy teased Sly 4?
---
#541 Posted: 13:21:08 30/06/2017
Quote: sonicbrawler182
I won't get my hopes up for an actual Spyro demo, but maybe they will have a teaser for Spyro similar to how the Sly trilogy teased Sly 4?

Sure, anything would do, for me.
Even like the first game's title screen music playing instead of the normal theme.

Any little hint and I'll call myself satisfied.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#542 Posted: 13:51:26 30/06/2017
Quote: sonicbrawler182

Yeah, I wouldn't expect an actual demo since, y'know, that would take people power away from the development of Crash. <.<;
---
Duke Spike Yellow Sparx Gems: 1669
#543 Posted: 14:08:51 30/06/2017
Quote: Duke Spike
good reviews? glad it's doing we-

(drama in the distance)

oh

lemme get my potater chips

haha you're very funny, that sh** is lit
---
Off to be a Globetrotter somewhere else...
fyra Platinum Sparx Gems: 6412
#544 Posted: 14:32:59 30/06/2017
Will wait with Popcorn in hand when the Spyro trilogy remaster come and they complain about their difficulty and lower the rating just because of that one level that send shivers down the spine of Spyro fans,Tree Tops.
---
Life may be harsh in such a dark year, happy new year we said an eternity ago it seem now, but it's far from over, we will survive.
Johnbonne Yellow Sparx Gems: 1216
#545 Posted: 15:07:31 30/06/2017
Quote: fyra
Will wait with Popcorn in hand when the Spyro trilogy remaster come and they complain about their difficulty and lower the rating just because of that one level that send shivers down the spine of Spyro fans,Tree Tops.

Tree Tops ain't got nothing on Breeze Harbour. I can still hear the squeaking wheels.... the smell of gunpowder.... I can still feel my embrace around his feathery neck! I hadn't been the Champion of the Fawn Queen for long, but I was well disciplined in the ways of the Amethyst Drake. But then came the Breeze Builders, and all my teachings had been forsaken long enough for conflict to break out anew. I was to assist in peace talks, to bring down the tensions of the Land Blubbers. Infiltration went well as I weaved through their spiked mines, turret fire and water cannons. I had met with the diplomats of both sides and we'd agreed on a non-aggression pact; all we needed to do was spread the message on the trolley. But I wasn't loud enough. I WASN'T CLEAR! In my attempts to fix the megaphone, I crashed and blacked out. I had awoken in the Trolley Park, and Fisher stood at my side and uttered the words that re-ignited the whole conflict once more:

"Trouble with the Trolley, eh?"

I snapped. The halls echoed with a bloodcurdling squark followed by a chilling crack. Rage had overcome the Purple Wyrm and I. We destroyed the Land Blubbers, reminded of the trials we had to endure with their love lives and their seeds and their cowleks. AND WHAT'S EVEN A COWLEK?! The harbour was bathed in flame, a victory narrowly achieved. With trembling wing I was handed the talisman, and I continued my quest to rid Avalar of the stunted tyrant. "Glory to Elora, True Leader of Avalar!" did the young soldiers gleefully yell. But there was no glory that day. Only trouble with the trolley, eh.

Apologies for that history lesson. I forget how you too had already participated in these battles. smilie

But in all seriousness, I doubt they'd find much fault in the difficulty - there's not many ways you can make it more difficult without increasing enemy awareness and attack speed. And I think Tree Tops is one of the rare examples of a 'hard' level in Spyro. smilie
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 15:14:22 30/06/2017 by Johnbonne
First | Previous | Page 11 of 23 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 ... 21 22 23

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me