Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Stuff and Nonsense > There may be an Invader Zim Movie
Page 1 of 1
There may be an Invader Zim Movie
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#1 Posted: 02:53:13 30/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Rumors have been going around that an Inavder Zim film set for next year is currently in the works. While the original creator of the show has denied this, C.H. Greenblatt, the creator of Harvey Beaks, has mentioned that a movie is in the works. So whether this is happening or not is still in question.

Here is an article I found on the subject: http://www.cartoonbrew.com/tv/...vie-144753.html

What are your thoughts? I think that if there was a movie, I'd be so hyped. I loved Invader Zim with a passion, and I've wanted it to come back for years. Yes, there are comics, but I miss the animation of the show.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#2 Posted: 03:08:55 30/11/2016
Sounds too good to be true, but I'll take it.

It also admittedly sounds a little bit worrying, but that's probably because things that are brought back to life never seem to meet expectations.

So, let's keep our expectations low, shall we?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 03:10:13 30/11/2016 by Waaksian
Bryman04 Gold Sparx Gems: 2116
#3 Posted: 03:51:57 30/11/2016
In 2013 it was revealed that Jhonen Vasquez is working on an animated short based on "Squee!" called "Squee Versus the Labyrinth of Meat". He also suggested that if that cartoon was successful, he would consider doing a movie for Johnny the Homicidal Maniac.

Considering that Jhonen Vasquez pitched a cartoon about aliens and a little girl that went nowhere and it's been 3-4 years with no info on that Squee cartoon, I believe that Jhonen is an apathetic individual. He may not intend to not even doing these project. I also think he despises the Invader Zim fanbase.

-----

I take this current information carefully. I really enjoy Harvey Beaks and C.H. Greenblatt may be on to something. I intend to keep my eye out on this, but I am undoubtedly uncertain.
Also I agree with Waaksian. Cartoon reboots tend not to bode well. Teen Titans Go!, the Powerpuff girls reboot,etc. I even heard a rumor that Ren & Stimpy would be rebooted, which of course I disbelieve.
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#4 Posted: 04:52:28 30/11/2016
Please be real
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 05:10:52 30/11/2016
sorry but my expectations for anything that's going to be rebooted in the next year are so low you'd have to dig all the way to china and back.

and you can thank Cartoon Network for that
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#6 Posted: 05:17:57 30/11/2016
vasquez is an asshole and the source is thin and I'm 100% certain it's not gonna happen
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#7 Posted: 07:17:25 30/11/2016
Set for next year? Not a chance. Hey Arnold's movie is coming Thanksgiving 2017 and was announced to be in development in late 2015.
Nick wouldn't keep a Zim film under wraps for so long. Either they would've announced it long ago for a 2017 release, or they'd announce it in the near future for something more akin to 2019.

Also this nugget.

I won't call it impossible, but if it really is in the works and hasn't been announced yet, you're probably at least another 2-3 years away if not more.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:18:30 30/11/2016 by CAV
cowpowa23 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4833
#8 Posted: 21:00:31 30/11/2016
Quote: Lunarz
vasquez is an asshole and the source is thin and I'm 100% certain it's not gonna happen

weird how a said-to-be unfriendly person can make such a perfect show

very weird

also I don't believe this.
---
I am a Cow.

"Moo".
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#9 Posted: 21:01:38 30/11/2016
Quote: cowpowa23

very weird

I mean, have you seen John K's art blog? The guy is a complete salty prick.
Big Green Platinum Sparx Gems: 6345
#10 Posted: 21:43:06 30/11/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

very weird

i was gonna post him too. i heard a lot about how badly he treated people he worked with. didn't know the invader zim guy was an asshole too though. it's interesting to see how people like that are in person
Waaksian Emerald Sparx Gems: 4906
#11 Posted: 22:15:28 30/11/2016
Quote: Big Green

very weird

i was gonna post him too. i heard a lot about how badly he treated people he worked with. didn't know the invader zim guy was an asshole too though. it's interesting to see how people like that are in person

Wait, what did Vasquez do to be an asshole? Educate me, if you will?
Lunarz Emerald Sparx Gems: 3328
#12 Posted: 22:36:32 30/11/2016
Quote: Waaksian
Quote: Big Green

Wait, what did Vasquez do to be an asshole? Educate me, if you will?

I always heard stories that he was a jerk, I can't give specifics, but he was definitely a recluse and I heard he was p passive aggressive
---
Lanky Kong saved me despite having no style nor grace.
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#13 Posted: 02:52:48 01/12/2016
Quote: parisruelz12
sorry but my expectations for anything that's going to be rebooted in the next year are so low you'd have to dig all the way to china and back.

okay but consider this:

there are some already really good reboots/prequels/sequels of beloved stuff
>star wars: the force awakens
>magnificent 7
>fantastic beasts and where to find them

and theres stuff that's pretty much gonna be great, particularly spider-man: homecoming (which is spider-man's 3rd reboot lol), since sony is barely involved

pls dont be so cynical about all these sequels and reboots, because even though theres a lot of terrible ones, theres also a lot of shining gems in there too
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#14 Posted: 03:24:28 01/12/2016
Quote: StriderSwag

okay but consider this:

>magnificent 7

and theres stuff that's pretty much gonna be great, particularly spider-man: homecoming (which is spider-man's 3rd reboot lol), since sony is barely involved

pls dont be so cynical about all these sequels and reboots, because even though theres a lot of terrible ones, theres also a lot of shining gems in there too

yeah true.
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#15 Posted: 07:45:04 01/12/2016
Quote: StriderSwag

okay but consider this:

>magnificent 7

Magnificent 7 I hear is mostly just alright, but pales in comparison to the original.
Fantastic Beasts I also hear is good, but suffers from having to be setup for the future films.

And Force Awakens was good but let's face it; it's good because it's a near beat for beat retread of A New Hope.

I had a rewatching of the film over the past couple days and while I still like it, it plays really safe in that regard, while also demanding you to hold some serious suspension of disbelief (the First Order alongside a whole new powerful force user emperor were able to rise to power and build a planet sized weapon capable of destroying entire systems and also ensure that the entire galaxy conveniently forgot that Luke and the Jedi aren't myths while also heralding the Rebellion as the stuff of ancient legend all in the course roughly 40 years?).

Episode VIII is where they really show if they're gonna go in a new direction with the franchise or if they're content with just repeating the original trilogy.
Vespi Gold Sparx Gems: 2866
#16 Posted: 16:21:54 24/06/2022
wow my film opinions were **** none of those films are good. enter the florpus was fun tho
LeewweewoowheeH Gold Sparx Gems: 2351
#17 Posted: 18:22:54 24/06/2022
enter the florpus was cool a zim comeback i did not expect
---
YO! thanks for the party and the maserati yall rocked my body but now im gone BYE! skylandersfan60 https://i.imgur.com/EmuBp2v.png
Metallo Platinum Sparx Gems: 6419
#18 Posted: 02:59:42 26/06/2022
Quote: Vespi
wow my film opinions were **** none of those films are good. enter the florpus was fun tho

Quote: LeewweewoowheeH
enter the florpus was cool a zim comeback i did not expect

Yep, I liked it.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me