darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
First | Previous | Page 29 of 29
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
Halvmorke Emerald Sparx Gems: 4391
#1401 Posted: 17:17:18 17/02/2017
Quote: Bifrost
Enchanted Elven Forest was a huge disappointment as far as I've seen. Pretty level, not much done with it and its theme. The new NPC on it is funny, but I couldn't even watch it for too long since it was just meh for the most part. Not much of a gimmick either apparently, so it feels like a regular filler level.

Sad to know, I was highly interested in it, but I'm seeing the same opinion everywhere.
---
Elite: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Senseis: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#1402 Posted: 17:35:49 17/02/2017
Cursed Tiki Temple has promise though. Avoiding spoilers since most people won't check Level Goals yet, but there's more than just a temple, so even if it's chill in structure it'll have one or another fun moment.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#1403 Posted: 19:06:58 17/02/2017
Elven forest is ok but it was totally lacking. Maybe even the worst adventure pack in the series. Environment was awesome bit felt recycled from Treetop Terrace. It needed to be bigger and more open.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
#1404 Posted: 19:10:59 17/02/2017
Well, the entire place is a homage to Treetop Terrace and Falling Forest. But the thing is, even that level back then had the gimmicks of rope gadgets and rockets; in here you put out some fires, beat some themed enemies, and that's it.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:11:49 17/02/2017 by Bifrost
XSparxX Emerald Sparx Gems: 4752
#1405 Posted: 20:20:05 17/02/2017
Sad to read that. For the money what they want, they should give us more or bigger levels. :/
20-30 minutes are too short for such an expensive DLC.

Swap Force adventure packs have the right length, and Thupin Wumpa Island too. Ironically they are all from VV.
---
"If I had any humanity left, I would have been crushed by the guilt by now."
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:22:04 17/02/2017 by XSparxX
#1406 Posted: 20:28:36 17/02/2017
Length wouldn't have been a problem if the level had a lot on it. If, say, Fizzland was the AP, it'd be really cool since even for a short experience the level is.... Something, for lack of a better word. EEF is just there, and Gryphon Park has an interesting gimmick but it's not explored enough.
---
Flame58 Blue Sparx Gems: 528
#1407 Posted: 22:22:45 17/02/2017
At least Cursed Tiki Temple and Lost Imaginite Mines come with new creation parts as a bonus for the same price (I think?) as the other adventure packs.
---
"Let the flames begin!"
#1408 Posted: 22:31:20 17/02/2017
Yeah, but unlike the APs they lack a Location Piece. As useless as they are outside of their function, all of them are really awesome, so it feels kinda cheap to just slap it on a Skylander pack and still have the price because there's a useless chest in it.
Darklight Crypt(I got Ghost Roaster loose) is still on the bottom of my wishlist in case I ever have 50 bucks with nothing to buy, because hot damn.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 22:32:20 17/02/2017 by Bifrost
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#1409 Posted: 02:30:00 18/02/2017
Yeah, but unlike the APs they lack a Location Piece. As useless as they are outside of their function, all of them are really awesome, so it feels kinda cheap to just slap it on a Skylander pack and still have the price because there's a useless chest in it.
Darklight Crypt(I got Ghost Roaster loose) is still on the bottom of my wishlist in case I ever have 50 bucks with nothing to buy, because hot damn.

Oh, that's the best level out of all the expansions. I'm sure you can find it cheaper somewhere. I think they are $3.00 at Second and Charles.

Here' on on ebay for $5.99:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Skylan...wwAAOSwa81XRgpK
---
Any last wishes?
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#1410 Posted: 16:43:21 21/02/2017
TWI was really good, and I felt that I got my moneys worth out of it. Perhaps we should ditch AP Pieces?
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#1411 Posted: 16:53:30 21/02/2017
@Wishblade, I don't live on the US :c it was for really cheap here a few years ago but I was looking for Trap Team figures and lost my chance. It didn't get crazy expensive like them so hopefully I'll get it someday.

When APs don't even do the screen wipes anymore, I guess there's no point to have the figures, even if I like them.
---
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1412 Posted: 10:31:45 22/02/2017
with no skylanders7 and only the rest of the figures plus added new adventure packs(scraps from skylanders7???) for imaginators. we now know there also will be no skylanders mobile game in 2017. because the mobile game was announced as a release of 2018, i guess that means no skylanders7 in 2018 either. i think we can be pretty certain about the skylanders being cancelled by now. only scraps and a crappy mobile game for two years, there is no hope a game like skylanders will survive that since it was already declining in popularity. i guess this is a test to see how strong the brand name is at best. if skylanders survive this, i guess it will survive anything.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1413 Posted: 10:56:13 22/02/2017
Well, a new mobile game doesn't necessarily mean no console games as well.
Otherwise we wouldn't have got any the years Battlegrounds, Lost Islands and Battlecards released.

In fact they specifically said "in 2017, rather than releasing a new console title", which doesn't exclude the fact there might be one in store for 2018.
It's not like we won't have anything new to play with, this year.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 11:01:20 22/02/2017 by Drek95
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#1414 Posted: 14:38:21 22/02/2017
Quote: CountMoneyBone
plus added new adventure packs (scraps from skylanders7???) for imaginators

The adventure packs are most likely material that was cut from Imaginators during production and didn't make it to the final version for whatever reason. When Activision decided to make more adventure packs, they had Toys for Bob dust off and finish those culled levels.
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#1415 Posted: 16:14:05 22/02/2017
Quote: Darkling183

The adventure packs are most likely material that was cut from Imaginators during production and didn't make it to the final version for whatever reason. When Activision decided to make more adventure packs, they had Toys for Bob dust off and finish those culled levels.

Why does everyone always seem to discount the idea that they planned to release additional content that wasn't in the game after launch?

It's working well for Lego Dimensions, and at least looked like it was working for Disney Infinity up until they suddenly announced its cancellation early last summer (when Imaginators should have been nearing completion for certification)...
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:18:52 22/02/2017 by McMurderpaws
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#1416 Posted: 16:17:11 22/02/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

Why does everyone always seem to discount the idea that they planned to release additional content that wasn't in the game after release?

I don't know.

I mean, it's absolutely possible, but with their second main team busy with two other games I think it's a pretty strong possibility.
We all know Activision is often stupid, but I doubt they'd be this level of stupid and didn't plan 2017 according to TfB and V.V.'s work.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#1417 Posted: 16:28:30 22/02/2017
Single year foresight, they've been doing this since COD hit it big. Maybe there's people who go 'ok SC didn't do well but since Imaginators is almost done let's see our options later', but considering now they're doing a big RPG mobile game next year, they're not in the majority.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 16:29:27 22/02/2017 by Bifrost
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#1418 Posted: 16:30:15 22/02/2017
Quote: McMurderpaws

Why does everyone always seem to discount the idea that they planned to release additional content that wasn't in the game after launch?

It's working well for Lego Dimensions, and at least looked like it was working for Disney Infinity up until they suddenly announced its cancellation early last summer (when Imaginators should have been nearing completion for certification)...

well its not impossible...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#1419 Posted: 10:07:17 23/02/2017
Single year foresight, they've been doing this since COD hit it big. Maybe there's people who go 'ok SC didn't do well but since Imaginators is almost done let's see our options later', but considering now they're doing a big RPG mobile game next year, they're not in the majority.

they're doing a big RPG mobile game.... LOL!... yeah sure. most likely its gonna be a kiddie game of that netflix series, with microtransactions.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
#1420 Posted: 12:21:55 23/02/2017
The company's other work, Summoners War, is pretty all-ages without being kiddy(I mean with all the fanservice it'd be hard), but I should know better than to discuss something we have no information on.
---
First | Previous | Page 29 of 29
1 2 3 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me