darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
First | Previous | Page 19 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28 29
Allegedly, Skylanders has been canceled... [Rumors]
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#901 Posted: 10:46:51 10/01/2017
I know it doesn't mean much, but the figures have been holding their value pretty well with no fire sales at the moment. Whatever is going on, Activision planned it very well to keep the prices stable. Starters are cheap, but they've been consistent with the other releases in their life cycle.
---
Stay Cool!
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#902 Posted: 11:03:13 10/01/2017
In Australia, the two major department store chains that carry Skylanders (Target and Big W) had big discounts on Imaginators starting just before Christmas.

Target offered a 'buy three senseis for half retail price' deal (with crystals at 60% of RRP, if I remember correctly) and Big W had a 'half price on senseis and crystals' sale.

Ten days after the Big W sale ended, and the shelves in these stores are completely empty of Imaginators toys except for a few dozen Imaginite chests.

I get the feeling they're not planning on getting more stock in any time soon.
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 00:41:44 12/01/2017 by Darkling183
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#903 Posted: 11:19:50 10/01/2017
to me by those photes it look like activision plans two things: they try to get rid of all the figuers before they drop the axe or they are trying to rise more money for sky7 (the secand one is probobly more hopeful wish but any chunce this can be an option?).
what are the chunces that after his sale no one bought lego dimensions at all?.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:27:05 10/01/2017 by omer1698
#904 Posted: 12:11:28 10/01/2017
Omer, I don't think it's Activision in this case. I think it may be these two department store chains have heard that Skylanders is in danger of being cancelled, and they don't want to be stuck with excess Imaginators toys the way they're currently still trying to get rid of Superchargers toys from 2015. You can see that Target still has plenty of Nitro Stealth Stingers (which were exclusive to Target) and Sea Racing Packs that they haven't been able to sell.

The fact that both chains are still stocking Dimensions (in at least some small quantity) implies that they have some faith in the profitability of that franchise. However, it appears that their confidence in Skylanders has taken a severe downturn.
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#905 Posted: 12:19:56 10/01/2017
Yes it looks like we'll be relying on EB Games for the final 5 figures (not counting variants). Which is a worry, because it wouldn't surprise me if they don't order any more characters either. The 7 that I've been in to in the past 2 months didn't have a lot of stock to start with. So there's a chance that we might not be able to buy the last 5 even if Activision does release them because no store in Australia will order them. I check the EB Games site daily. If they do get any it won't be many. You would want to have them pre-ordered.
#906 Posted: 12:32:03 10/01/2017
Quote: kaosmumishot
Yes it looks like we'll be relying on EB Games for the final 5 figures (not counting variants). Which is a worry, because it wouldn't surprise me if they don't order any more characters either.

*crosses fingers that EB does get waves 4 and 5 in*

But yes, I'm resigned to watching the EB website (or eBay) to get the remaining two senseis I want (Wild Storm and Tidepool), as well as keeping an eye out in case the light pyramid crystal gets released as a single. I already have one crystal of each element, but I'm not crazy about the design of the light cube crystal.

If you do notice that EB Games has listed anything for pre-order on its website, please post in the AU hunting thread! Thanks!

Note to non-Australians: EB Games seems to get the same exclusives as GameStop in the US - the dark starter packs, for example. Big W gets the 'Legendary' figures, and Target gets the combo sensei-crystal packs. I don't know how (or if) that corresponds to US retailers, but I thought I'd offer the info.
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#907 Posted: 13:42:14 10/01/2017
yeah my walmarts have had a clearance on anything skylanders imaginators except for the blind bags and those junkie space waste core triple packs.
there is only one sole Pit Boss still there but the rest is gone.

...... hopefully we'll get all the characters and crystals but skylanders is dead....
wideawakewesley Emerald Sparx Gems: 3281
#908 Posted: 13:51:52 10/01/2017
The other aspect to the photos (and this is speculation), I'm convinced Acti have been shipping Skylanders in far lower quantities this year, which would be a sensible course of action for a series on the decline sales wise. Disney paid a heavy price for flooding the market with figures that didn't sell. Better for Acti to ship less and there be empty shelves as a result.
---
Contributor to Family Gamer TV - http://www.familygamer.tv/
Follow me on twitter - http://www.twitter.com/wideawakewesley
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:52:13 10/01/2017 by wideawakewesley
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#909 Posted: 14:00:11 10/01/2017
Same thing happened last year, it's not exactly proof. The stores want out because the launch of the game has come and gone and people lost interest, it's just happening faster if the news are true.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#910 Posted: 14:04:42 10/01/2017
Quote: wideawakewesley
I'm convinced Acti have been shipping Skylanders in far lower quantities this year, which would be a sensible course of action for a series on the decline sales wise.

Yes, that's entirely possible too, though you'd think that Activision would want to unload as many already-manufactured figures as possible, given that they seem to be trying to abandon anything Skylanders-related (eg Skylanders Academy) as efficaciously as possible.

I guess that all we can hope is that they've already manufactured the figures for waves 4 and 5, and still need to sell them.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#911 Posted: 15:18:28 10/01/2017
Don't forget that retailers likely haven't forgotten what happened with Animal Crossing amiibo. Most of the ones I see in stores literally have dust on them. That inventory has been carried for months and sales haven't cleared them out.

These stores aren't going to take chances, not when the writing is on the wall.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#912 Posted: 16:12:38 10/01/2017
Quote: AzureStarline
Don't forget that retailers likely haven't forgotten what happened with Animal Crossing amiibo. Most of the ones I see in stores literally have dust on them. That inventory has been carried for months and sales haven't cleared them out.

Stupid question but what is the deal on those Animal Crossing Amiibo? I know they were priced down fast and no store at the moment can move them. I guess the game that they came out for was "New Leaf" and was it that bad of a game where it had effected Amiibo sales? Or was it that people just flat out didn't care for to own any AC figures at all? I knew the cards were madly popular for whatever reason at the time.

Also I just cannot understand it why those figs went cheap and the others are still at retail. Stores are very well stocked on Amiibo and the first wave old ones are collecting dust. They never really go on fire sale. I would like buckets of $1 dollar each used Amiibo like I can get most Skylanders these days but that never happens. I must be missing something on the Amiibos.
---
Stay Cool!
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#913 Posted: 16:19:41 10/01/2017
The AC game focused on Amiibo was Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival, a Wii U party game. It got bashed by critics, so...

New Leaf is a common game of the series for 3DS, that recently got an update to use Amiibo cards. There's also Happy Home Designer, that uses and focuses on booth cards and figures.

I heard they sold well in Japan. The series is pretty popular there.
---
Bruh
#914 Posted: 16:55:08 10/01/2017
New Leaf uses both cards and figures, but the figures are only worth it for certain items or the minigames, otherwise might as well buy the cards to get the villagers you want with Wisp.
---
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#915 Posted: 17:45:59 10/01/2017
Quote: fairyland

Stupid question but what is the deal on those Animal Crossing Amiibo? I know they were priced down fast and no store at the moment can move them. I guess the game that they came out for was "New Leaf" and was it that bad of a game where it had effected Amiibo sales? Or was it that people just flat out didn't care for to own any AC figures at all? I knew the cards were madly popular for whatever reason at the time.

Also I just cannot understand it why those figs went cheap and the others are still at retail. Stores are very well stocked on Amiibo and the first wave old ones are collecting dust. They never really go on fire sale. I would like buckets of $1 dollar each used Amiibo like I can get most Skylanders these days but that never happens. I must be missing something on the Amiibos.

The Animal Crossing amiibo where for a game call "Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival" The game was flat out terrible!!!!! (this coming from a Huge Animal Crossing fan, that has every Animal Crossing game released in the US and bought all the Animal Crossing Amiibo anyway). The figures also work in Animal crossing new leaf (which is a game that was released in 2013 but updated to support amiibo after the the bad sales of amiibo festival (so they could try to move dead stock).
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#916 Posted: 17:46:34 10/01/2017
Quote: darkrai848
Quote: fairyland

The Animal Crossing amiibo where for a game call "Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival" The game was flat out terrible!!!!! (this coming from a Huge Animal Crossing fan, that has every Animal Crossing game released in the US and bought all the Animal Crossing Amiibo anyway). The figures also work in Animal crossing new leaf (which is a game that was released in 2013 but updated to support amiibo after the the bad sales of amiibo festival (so they could try to move dead stock).

Yeah, amiibo fesitval blew.
alicecarp Prismatic Sparx Gems: 12760
#917 Posted: 20:53:45 10/01/2017
Unpopular opinion: I actually enjoy amiibo Festival. Even if I didn't, I would still think the amiibo figures are nice collectables for any AC fan. They can also be used on Super Mario Maker.
#918 Posted: 21:00:16 10/01/2017
I have a feeling this topic's just gonna go through either dead silence/arguing until a statement is made by activision.
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#919 Posted: 21:04:32 10/01/2017
Empty shelves in all these stores really makes me think that Activision would be better off releasing the final wave a figures now. I can't see the logic in sticking to their old release schedule if the series really is over. These stores are not going to give up shelf space to the final remains of a dead franchise in two months time.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#920 Posted: 21:06:01 10/01/2017
Quote: ZapNorris
I have a feeling this topic's just gonna go through either dead silence/arguing until a statement is made by activision.

It is, and we know how Activision is with their news schedule on Skylanders. Unless they add the status of Skylanders to their other reports later on.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#921 Posted: 21:07:55 10/01/2017
Quote: spot
Empty shelves in all these stores really makes me think that Activision would be better off releasing the final wave a figures now. I can't see the logic in sticking to their old release schedule if the series really is over. These stores are not going to give up shelf space to the final remains of a dead franchise in two months time.

the listings are already on amazon.com, so i'd say they'll be out soon enough
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#922 Posted: 21:44:14 10/01/2017

The thing is, it's unlikely Activision will come out and say 'No Skylanders ever again!" It's just not the kind of thing video game companies do often. More than likely, whenever the time comes, we'll just see press releases and such and no mention of Skylanders 2017 (or whatever year) and it won't be until some Activision rep gets cornered and pressed about it that we'll get a simple 'No plans...' statement.

This is the way the world ends, not with a bang, but with a whimper...
#923 Posted: 21:46:30 10/01/2017
looks like i spoke too soon on the final 5.

all but grave clobber have been removed from amazon.com.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#924 Posted: 21:59:01 10/01/2017
AT LEAST GRAVE CLOBBER IS STILL THERE!
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#925 Posted: 22:16:07 10/01/2017
Listings have been removed and put back up before. They probably put them up too early, or maybe Activision just thinks they can keep the characters a secret despite already being shown in the game.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#926 Posted: 22:17:50 10/01/2017
Yep, they did the same several times with leaks, including the SuperChargers prequel comic listing and the 2017 Skylanders calendar listing that leaked King Pen.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#927 Posted: 22:24:30 10/01/2017

Wow so they apparently aren't even releasing the rest of Imaginators lol?
jedihunter12 Gold Sparx Gems: 2401
#928 Posted: 22:45:34 10/01/2017
I still have all the listings on my wish list on Amazon
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#929 Posted: 01:59:04 11/01/2017

but are they still on Walmart.com?
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
#930 Posted: 05:02:52 11/01/2017
I just went into my local EB Games (Australia) and the Skylanders section was almost bare. The only Crystals were the water ones (what's with the water element? I seem to recall there being a million water traps left over as well) and there were no Senseis.

So I rang their customer support to ask about the remain 5 Sensei's (not counting variants) and whether EB Games were going to be getting in any more Imaginators stock in general. According to the person in support there is no word yet on the 5 remaining characters and whether or not EB Games get them in depends on whether they are made available in the region in sufficient quantities. In relation to getting in further products from the existing waves apparently they are getting some more stock in over the coming months, but there's no indication of whether or not it's a lot of stock or a little.

My local Target store is virtually sold out so I rang Target customer support. The person there checked and said that there is no sign of any orders for any Skylander Imaginator games, figures or crystals of any description. I mentioned there was concern that this will be the last game and if he thought that was a sign that Target wouldn't be getting anymore in, in future. He said in his opinion that could very well be the case but he couldn't say for certain.

So I decided to contact BigW who back in the early days were the place to buy Skylanders. According to the person I spoke to in customer support there are no orders in the system and he's very confident that Big W will not be ordering in any further Skylander Imaginator products.

Of the other stores that used to carry Skylanders back in the day, K Mart no longer carry any toys to life figures. JB Hi Fi seem to only stock the starter packs and I haven't been into Toys R Us (Australia) but there are no Skylanders at all listed on their website.

So if you're in Australia at least, check your local Target and Big W and grab what you can while you can and cross your fingers that EB Games stays with the franchise for at least a few more shipments.
#931 Posted: 06:00:47 11/01/2017
so just to be clear: is there any place on earth besides australia that you can get the remining five right? i mean it got to be sold in some stores in other contries.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:02:34 11/01/2017 by omer1698
#932 Posted: 06:06:21 11/01/2017
It wasn't released anywhere as of now. Better wait more.
---
Bruh
#933 Posted: 06:09:22 11/01/2017
i hope they will be released, if the franchise is goin to die then fans and players will not be happy that they will not be able to get the remining and mabey the last skylanders ever.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:09:48 11/01/2017 by omer1698
#934 Posted: 06:13:21 11/01/2017
Yeah there's no guarantee at this stage that the final 5 will even get produced. We can only hope that they already have been and are sitting in a warehouse somewhere waiting to ship out. But given the low stock in every store I've been to here in Australia I don't see the point in not shipping them right now if there's not going to be a Skylanders 7.
#935 Posted: 06:18:11 11/01/2017
Didn't Liam Roberson said the few people left at Toys for Bob were working on a patch? This might have something to do with the remaining figures, I dunno.
---
Bruh
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:18:29 11/01/2017 by Crash10
#936 Posted: 08:57:28 11/01/2017
I just realized somthing: if skylanders really goin down then atlesst they left behind them a glorious legacy of being the first pioners of the ttl genere, that all the future games will look up to them and learn from them (all the things tfb and vv did, from activision they will learn to do the oppsite of what activision did).
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#937 Posted: 10:14:44 11/01/2017
That's if the TTL genre continues. I think it will be a while before anyone else enters the market and they would need to innovate quite a bit I would have thought. But it has been good to be part of it from the start.
#938 Posted: 11:08:43 11/01/2017
Quote: spot
That's if the TTL genre continues. I think it will be a while before anyone else enters the market and they would need to innovate quite a bit I would have thought. But it has been good to be part of it from the start.

There's Lightseekers, though I guess their innovation is not requiring the figures and using the TCG. Even if their small lineup of 6(for the first year at least) doesn't sell, they have the weapons,cards, flight packs to fall back on, and those will be much cheaper.
---
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#939 Posted: 12:45:45 11/01/2017
Mystical Tae Kwon Crow is currently at Gamestop waiting for the January 14th release. I know it's only one variant, but it's a good sign that they are still releasing figures.

Here's hoping for the last 5...
---
Any last wishes?
#940 Posted: 13:53:52 11/01/2017
Since some people are still going with the Scalebound story and I didn't have much fuel for it, don't forget that lately Microsoft has run several third party projects into the ground, most notably trating Phantom Dust devs like garbage. While the unreasonable standards aren't unknown to them or Acti, keep in mind the issue is apples and oranges, especially since TFB is still first party iirc.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#941 Posted: 15:01:19 11/01/2017
They have never gone a single game without releasing every unique character. The only things that have gone unreleased are alternate molds and colors of figures that were already widely available. We also saw the figures of Ro-Bow and Wild Storm in that developer video thumbnail.

"But TrapShadowFan, look at how much Disney Infinity stuff went unreleased!"

All that unreleased stuff in DI was still just a bunch of concepts and 3D models; their toys didn't exist and they were never even added into the game. The last five figures are not only already in the game, but they have also been spotted in Wal-Mart's system and were prematurely listed on Amazon.
#942 Posted: 15:20:50 11/01/2017
The figures are in the game, C-MOR's RNG has already rolled into spotlighting Tidepool for someone.
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#943 Posted: 15:32:32 11/01/2017
Quote: TrapShadowFan
They have never gone a single game without releasing every unique character. The only things that have gone unreleased are alternate molds and colors of figures that were already widely available. We also saw the figures of Ro-Bow and Wild Storm in that developer video thumbnail.

"But TrapShadowFan, look at how much Disney Infinity stuff went unreleased!"

All that unreleased stuff in DI was still just a bunch of concepts and 3D models; their toys didn't exist and they were never even added into the game. The last five figures are not only already in the game, but they have also been spotted in Wal-Mart's system and were prematurely listed on Amazon.

Ok, nobody is arguing that, though?

Thrillipede might be showing up soon and the Yawn Traps certainly aren't THAT important, but Acti does have a notorious track record of short stocking everything besides the first 2 waves. It'll certainly be difficult to find later releases like Tidepool and Wildstorm
defpally Emerald Sparx Gems: 4158
#944 Posted: 15:37:21 11/01/2017
The biggest problem is whether retail stores are willing to stock the later figures for a game clearly not doing all that well and on the way out. Also how quickly Activision wants to wash their hands of the franchise and whether the figures are made (which they probably are by now). If they have the figures in the warehouse, they will obviously want to sell the stock.
#945 Posted: 17:55:13 11/01/2017
And we can be pretty sure you're making stuff up. There's no point to remove data no one's using anyway(maybe Matteo, but even he doesn't do much with it).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:55:31 11/01/2017 by Bifrost
#946 Posted: 18:36:38 11/01/2017
I have a feeling that the last 5 will only be sent to TRU, like buzz wing last year.
AzureStarline Emerald Sparx Gems: 3539
#947 Posted: 18:42:18 11/01/2017
Quote: CountMoneyBone
Quote: Bifrost
The figures are in the game, C-MOR's RNG has already rolled into spotlighting Tidepool for someone.

and tfb are already working on a patch to remove the last 5 ones from the game. so we can be pretty sure the 5 last will not happen.

Laughable. Source it or you're this site's Trump. You can't just say something and make it have meaning because you desire it to be so.
---
Favorites: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
#948 Posted: 18:43:17 11/01/2017

and tfb are already working on a patch to remove the last 5 ones from the game. so we can be pretty sure the 5 last will not happen.

i needed a good laugh today. thanks!
#949 Posted: 18:47:23 11/01/2017

i needed a good laugh today. thanks!

not funny but more idiotic, activision are jerks but they got to have enough decency to relese the very lat skylanders ever (if the series is gonna die)
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:47:38 11/01/2017 by omer1698
First | Previous | Page 19 of 29 | Next | Last
1 2 3 ... 17 18 19 20 21 ... 27 28 29

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me