Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Hunting Memories?
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#1 Posted: 19:06:11 28/11/2016 | Topic Creator
What game in the series do you get the most nostalgia about hunting figures for?

For me, it's trap team. Probably because I hunted more during this game, hunting for the kaos trap.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
Living Joker Green Sparx Gems: 196
#2 Posted: 16:13:00 29/11/2016
Definitely Trap Team. Christmas eve day I went to several stores looking for the light and dark expansion packs on a rumor posted on darkspyro, and the last EB games I checked on a whim had them. Between a week and a half and a month later they were very difficult to find. Didn't hurt that Knight Light was pretty good.
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#3 Posted: 16:30:59 29/11/2016
Trap Team for sure. That year was when Skylanders popularity was at an all time high around here. Light and Dark were probably the worst kept secret of all time (has activision EVER kept a secret well?) but when they came out is was probably the most hyped day of the year for me! The west coast port strikes were also rough on the stock for wave 4, but the wait was so worth it when they released; Thunderbolt is probably my most powerful Trap Master yet, and Blackout remains my favorite dark Skylander! I even had to dodge a few obvious scalpers in person to get the figures! Trap Team also had my favorite Skylander yet: Enigma. Overall it was probably the toughest year yet; they definitely went overboard on the amount of figures at the time, but the ones I did hunt for were well worth it.
Spyro Lover122 Gold Sparx Gems: 2147
#4 Posted: 19:30:49 29/11/2016
Giants and Trap Team were the most memorable for me. I was new to Skylanders around the Giants times, and I loved the designs of nearly every character. They also used to be a lot cheaper, so my trips were a lot more frequent. As for Trap Team, day one was a lot of fun, and there were a lot more characters for me to buy back then.

Swap Force wasn't much for me, but I do remember the excitement of waiting for the stores to open up on day one. Also when we went Christmas shopping that year, as I bought loads of figures. SuperChargers wasn't memorable for me at all, and I don't know how Imaginators is going to turn out.
---
Whenever you reach too high, life smacks you down!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 02:33:41 30/11/2016
That time i got bronze bbrb, and flipped it on amazon for 40 bucks
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#6 Posted: 02:51:50 30/11/2016
The time when i finally found a dark adventure pack at walmart. I didn't have any money at that time, so I hid it behind a toaster. When I went back next month, it was there, and I bought it.
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#7 Posted: 13:55:54 30/11/2016
Swap-Force, hunting down Scratch (+ bonus Punk Shock and Fryno) - had to travel a long way to get her. Also got the Giants Battle Arena tray on the same trip, which is an excellent place to keep the Swappers, since I can move all 16 of them at a time, so that I have access to all of them if I want to use alternate combinations.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#8 Posted: 14:05:03 30/11/2016 | Topic Creator
These are cool guys!
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
stinkbomb29 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1697
#9 Posted: 16:12:20 30/11/2016
Giants was a challenge there were so many lines I had to stand in to get the characters. I was always there early and always got what I wanted, however, so many others would arrive minutes after opening and characters would always be sold out!!

Even Swap Force. I would get email alerts and be standing inline to get them as well.
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#10 Posted: 02:36:52 02/12/2016
Giants, its when I started the game and had to find everything and SSA stuff...never did find that boomer in the wild.
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#11 Posted: 07:15:10 02/12/2016
Too many for me to explore, but will try to summarize the highlights from each game for me

SSA Calling my closest Gamestop to pick up smilie and smilie and getting the Darklight Crypt. Ordering smilie from gamestop.com and even helping me find this site when I was seeking help to get him. Buying my very first Skylanders smilie and then smilie same day to get the sale.

SG My dad driving me to same Gamestop to pick up smilie and smilie.

SSF Going to Toysrus to get smilie and getting the Swappers smilie, smilie and smilie at Target. Ordering smilie in the adventure pack and smilie in the battle pack. Going to Best Buy to get smilie and smilie as well.

STT Getting the dark and light adventure packs and ordering smilie online. Going to Toysrus to buy smilie and smilie. Buying the traps for the first time.

SSC Ordering smilie off of Toysrus and Buzz Wing. No seriously memorable hunting moments for me in stores.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#12 Posted: 17:10:25 02/12/2016
I just remembered that time during the summer before Swap Force released where I had just gotten into Skylanders with Giants on the 3DS. I was lurking this forum for a while and heard about these "Forgotten 8" figures that were super rare at the time, so I wanted them all. I had 3/4 Adventure Packs and was missing the rarest one, Darklight Crypt, which also happened to have Ghost Roaster. I was searching on Ebay for months trying to find a good price and suddenly people on this site all start saying they're randomly finding Darklight Crypt at Walmart a few days before SSF released. Long story short, I went to Walmart and saw what I thought I would never see in person. Darklight Crypt is still one of my favorite figures in my collection!
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#13 Posted: 18:06:22 02/12/2016
It started with an obsession with heroic challenges. I had to do them all to make my characters stronger and faster, so I had to get all the orange-based ones. And ohhh... when I finally got Ninjini in hand!
---
Any last wishes?
StalkerSnake Yellow Sparx Gems: 1926
#14 Posted: 18:10:28 02/12/2016
Hate to admit but SSA probably
I remember the my luckiest find was probably Camo or Sunburn
---
Чем больше вы знаете, тем больше вы знаете
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#15 Posted: 19:48:57 02/12/2016
Quote: Wishblade
It started with an obsession with heroic challenges. I had to do them all to make my characters stronger and faster, so I had to get all the orange-based ones. And ohhh... when I finally got Ninjini in hand!

Still the best feeling in the game, even if a grind. If only those grinds would've amounted to some "building". They had all of the gems to keep this franchise as top dog, but chose the greedy route and watering down the series with hundreds of figures.
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#16 Posted: 20:02:28 02/12/2016
I only have Spyro's Adventure, so...

But I still don't forget the glorious day the Darklight Crypt Adventure Pack arrived at my house. I bought him for the same price as other Adventure Packs here, so it was like, golden chance.

Eruptor and Bash where also challenging to find, but I found them.

I also have a recent bad memory but let's not talk about it.
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me