Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Video Gaming > I think Final Fantasy XIII will be vindicated.
Page 1 of 1
I think Final Fantasy XIII will be vindicated.
StevemacQ Platinum Sparx Gems: 6533
#1 Posted: 01:00:03 22/11/2016 | Topic Creator
While the game itself and how its themes are executed are questionable (among many other things), I feel Final Fantasy XIII is becoming more like Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty. The Sanctum fills the minds of Cocoon citizens with propaganda about the evils of Pulse while Pulsians fear Cocoon after stealing many of their resources and people. As a Pulse Fal'Cie brands a few civilians of Bodhum as Pulse l'Cie, PSICOM (the Santum's private army) purged every single citizen of Bodhum to be rounded up and executed in hopes to conveniently destroy small amount that actually were l'Cie. This was orchestrated by the Primarch Galenth Dysley, who was really a Cocoon Fal'Cie named Barthandelus who hopes to wipe out humanity. Why? Because they despises how humans have freedom of choice.

Flying cars, giant monsters, anti-gravity bombs and punching a behemoth into oblivion with a power-up coat are all things of fiction but prejudice, paranoia, resentment towards freedom and mass deportation are not. It's a lot like MGS2 talks about mass control of information.

Also this screenshot of Lightning Returns.

[User Posted Image]

Do they justify 25 hours of extreme corridor-like linearity? No but it's really interesting to examine non-interactive aspects in video games like this than your typical This game sucks! threads.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Blackholes_Wolf Ripto Gems: 10760
#2 Posted: 21:48:57 23/11/2016
"Final Fantasy 13 has good graphics"

[User Posted Image]
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:24:02 23/11/2016 by Blackholes_Wolf
JCW555 Hunter Gems: 8506
#3 Posted: 08:07:33 24/11/2016
If Final Fantasy VIII hasn't been vindicated yet, I highly doubt the XIII trilogy will either (MAYBE with the exception of Lightning Returns).
---
You gotta believe! Heh heh.
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#4 Posted: 11:29:41 24/11/2016
Quote: Blackholes_Wolf
"Final Fantasy 13 has good graphics"

[User Posted Image]

what happened here
sonicbrawler182 Platinum Sparx Gems: 7089
#5 Posted: 14:50:10 24/11/2016
FYI that screenshot of the dog is from Lightning Returns, and not the original FFXIII. It should go without saying that each installment of the FFXIII saga had a lower budget than the last one.
---
"My memories will be part of the sky."
Yoshi Emerald Sparx Gems: 3062
#6 Posted: 16:14:27 24/11/2016
Lightning Returns was actually my first Final Fantasy game. I thought it was pretty good. I kinda wanna play other games in the series but I don't know which to play :\
---
Wow
Such signature
#7 Posted: 16:49:34 24/11/2016
Quote: sonicbrawler182
FYI that screenshot of the dog is from Lightning Returns, and not the original FFXIII. It should go without saying that each installment of the FFXIII saga had a lower budget than the last one.

bahahaha they were so short on cash they had to downgrade to the N64
#8 Posted: 19:26:15 24/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm not talking about graphics. I'm talking about the story, characters and themes. They will be validated in this day and age and for the future to come.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
#9 Posted: 20:02:51 24/11/2016
pfffttt nier came out around the same time as FF13 and it had better characters, music, story and gameplay on a smaller budget
#10 Posted: 20:43:43 24/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Maybe but that's not the point. If Final Fantasy XIII was to be re-released in the future, people will likely notice the similarities between what I said compared to what's happening now and what will happen.

The people of Cocoon are paranoid over l'Cie. The Sanctum's propaganda is fueling the flames with gasoline, their military attempt to kill every single citizen in a city that is rumoured to have some l'Cie while the Sanctum leader displays hatred and contempt towards people for having free will while the heroes made l'Cie are hunted down mercilessly for being l'Cie, whether or not they resist or attack.

I'm doing the best I can on how XIII's story is an allegory to the modern times without being explicit because if I just flat-out explained it, people would be furious and I've already caused enough trouble as it is. Maybe look at what I wrote on Stuff & Nonsense to get what I'm saying.
---
Needz more eh-mo-shuns.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#11 Posted: 22:26:31 25/11/2016
Quote: Yoshi
Lightning Returns was actually my first Final Fantasy game. I thought it was pretty good. I kinda wanna play other games in the series but I don't know which to play smilie

If you want to see what's the fuss all about, wait for the FFVII remake or play FFVI(?) for Kefka and other popular characters.
If you want to experience it with friends, play FFIX or FFXIV A Realm Reborn, MMOs.
If you like Kingdom Hearts, just wait for FFXV, it's so close now.

If you're me and you fall headfirst into series and end up playing the other most divisive game, FFXII.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:35:36 25/11/2016 by Bifrost
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#12 Posted: 22:48:40 25/11/2016
My bad. I haven't had a chance to play most of those(took 2 years to beat FFXII I'm that much of a slow player), so I don't remember the numbers most of the time.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me