Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > My First Impressions/Thoughts as per two clips
Page 1 of 1
My First Impressions/Thoughts as per two clips
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#1 Posted: 21:22:26 15/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I watched a few clips of Academy and thought I can share what I'm thinking as I see them. These thoughts are focused mostly on voice-acting...

Still got Invader Zim on Kaos, Nice! Glumshanks, on the other hand, what did he recently consume? I want to know.

Ha, nice. You got the academy model correct in the game. But is that banana-head supposed to be an imaginator? Also the voices of Spyro, Stealth Elf, and Eruptor are wrong, is there a reason why they didn't get the same voices for it? It would've been the bomb if they did. They got Jet Vac and Pop Fizz great on the voices, even if they weren't the same actors than the game. Also Stealth Elf, your mouth?
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#2 Posted: 21:25:20 15/11/2016
Yes, Cy (the Banana character) IS an Imaginator.

Skylanders Academy has different voice actors for most of the characters as a way to separate them from their canon game counterparts (the show IS a spinoff after all). Kaos, Pop Fizz, Food Fight, Snap Shot, and Jet-Vac are currently the only known characters to keep their original voice actors.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:26:03 15/11/2016 by Aura24
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 21:26:45 15/11/2016
Hex as well, though Skull isn't in the game let alone voiced.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#4 Posted: 21:29:21 15/11/2016
The voices aren't wrong, Eric Rogers (Academy's showrunner) just wanted the show to have its own seperate identity from the games. New VAs was one of the best ways of doing it. To be completely honest, I would HATE to hear the game voices for SE and Eruptor in Academy. They're too goofy for my tastes. The new VAs have range, something that the Game VAs lack because they don't really need it

Also, yes... That is an Imaginator. The third episode of the show only serves as a way to pimp the new game.
LameLime Yellow Sparx Gems: 1200
#5 Posted: 15:40:39 17/11/2016 | Topic Creator

Crash... talking? I have no words...
---
NOSTALGA-LANDERS COLLECTION (Spyro's Adventure)
30/32 Skylanders -- 4/4 Levels -- 8/9 Items (Includes VV)
Missing: smilie smilie + Ghost Swords
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#6 Posted: 16:00:30 17/11/2016
Quote: LameLime

Crash... talking? I have no words...

You don't but he has lots.

[Laugh track]
---
Bruh
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me