Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Imaginators Portal Owners Pack
Theliquorshop Yellow Sparx Gems: 1206
#1 Posted: 10:05:04 10/11/2016 | Topic Creator
What is included with the portal owners pack? Thanks.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 11:34:11 10/11/2016
There isn't one? At least not on launch.

Edit: there is one NOW, just Creation Crystal and game. Not worth it imho, but if you're on a budget...

[User Posted Image]

(Source is obidawsn at the Imaginators section)
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:21:47 10/11/2016 by Bifrost
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#3 Posted: 16:28:16 10/11/2016
Gee, who called this? ;)
#4 Posted: 17:10:18 10/11/2016
After launch when the full pack had the price drop? Dunno if it's a good thing to be right about :U But I guess it's good for gifts and whatnot.
---
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#5 Posted: 19:41:18 10/11/2016
Quote: UncleBob
Gee, who called this? smilie

Me! Obviously. smilie
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 20:33:56 10/11/2016
Guess King Pen and Golden Queen may be released separately in the last Waves, then.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#7 Posted: 21:40:14 10/11/2016
Quote: Drek95
Guess King Pen and Golden Queen may be released separately in the last Waves, then.

Yeah. We already saw King-Pen's Single Pack. Now we need to see Golden Queen's.
---
Bruh
#8 Posted: 22:04:21 10/11/2016
Quote: Crash10

//forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=132901
#9 Posted: 22:06:29 10/11/2016
"There's great value in offering the full package, you get senseis, crystal, portal, game. But on second thought, 25 dollar game and crystal ain't a bad idea."

Though, it's hard to see in the picture, is this just the game package or it's just a smaller box? It's an interesting look if it's the former.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:07:03 10/11/2016 by Bifrost
#10 Posted: 22:32:40 10/11/2016
Quote: Bifrost
"There's great value in offering the full package, you get senseis, crystal, portal, game. But on second thought, 25 dollar game and crystal ain't a bad idea."

Though, it's hard to see in the picture, is this just the game package or it's just a smaller box? It's an interesting look if it's the former.

I think it's just a smaller box. I don't think they would make a different game cover just for one pack.
---
Bruh
#11 Posted: 00:48:34 11/11/2016

Really...?
I thought it was a fake, unless you are't talking about the pack supposedly leaked on some catalogue way before we knew the actual packaging's look.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
#12 Posted: 01:14:01 11/11/2016

Really...?
I thought it was a fake, unless you are't talking about the pack supposedly leaked on some catalogue way before we knew the actual packaging's look.

Nope. Remember the Gamescom store/shop/display/Idon'tknow? So, there was a image there showning different types of toys (like many Crystal molds we didn't knew), and there was an actual image of King-Pen's pack there. Kinda hard to search now, but...
---
Bruh
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#13 Posted: 01:18:50 11/11/2016
I wonder if you'll get a disc or just a code? I'm thinking $25 is the normal price and you'll see them in stores for ages until they decide to liquidate the heck out of them.

They should have done this day one, as I would have bought it then. Just the game and one crystal is worth it if you already have a couple hundred figures and not trying to collect them all anymore. I got a disc only game off ebay a week later for $22 shipped, as I really didn't want either starter figure nor any imaginator crystals at the time. I'd wager they are probably down to $15 a disc now.
---
Stay Cool!
#14 Posted: 02:02:51 11/11/2016

Really...?

Nope. Remember the Gamescom store/shop/display/Idon'tknow? So, there was a image there showning different types of toys (like many Crystal molds we didn't knew), and there was an actual image of King-Pen's pack there. Kinda hard to search now, but...

You mean this one?

[User Posted Image]

If yes, I either never saw it before or never realized it was true.
We should have seen some kind of Owner Pack coming, since every Starter Pack has King Pen or his Dark version in it.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#15 Posted: 02:13:33 11/11/2016
It's such a pointless endeavor this late in the game... All the hardcore fans that would like something like this already bought the game on launch. Plus, why even bother paying 25 dollars for just the CC when there is a Starter Pack that costs slightly more and contains 2 extra characters?
#16 Posted: 03:57:14 11/11/2016
Hardcore fans wouldn't buy this, as they'd want the starters (and/or Crash pack and/or Dark starters...)

This is for a very few - those who want a super-cheap stocking stuffer-esque item that their kiddos can use with the 50 or so figures they already have.
#17 Posted: 09:31:27 11/11/2016

Really...?

You mean this one?

[User Posted Image]

If yes, I either never saw it before or never realized it was true.
We should have seen some kind of Owner Pack coming, since every Starter Pack has King Pen or his Dark version in it.

Yup. That's the one.
---
Bruh
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#18 Posted: 09:39:16 11/11/2016
Quote: UncleBob
This is for a very few - those who want a super-cheap stocking stuffer-esque item that their kiddos can use with the 50 or so figures they already have.

And obviously Activision hopes that will spur those kids (who clearly haven't been interested in Imaginators so far) to start buying crystals and senseis - especially because unsuspecting buyers will find that their older figures have been nerfed in Imaginators. This seems like it might be something Activision was keeping up its sleeve on purpose - not officially announcing a portal owner's pack at first, then only releasing it if sales weren't up to expectations.
#19 Posted: 14:26:14 11/11/2016
I don't know how long they were considering this pack, but I do know it was set in stone before launch.
#20 Posted: 14:31:55 11/11/2016
Definately a marketing thing too, if Paul Reiche was so sure in the interview it wasn't happening, as well as acarl in the dev stream mentioning they're not the ones handling starter packs.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me