Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
How Much does this Sell for?
Fringe Red Sparx Gems: 27
#1 Posted: 01:57:09 10/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Thinking on selling skylanders, how much would I get if I sell these figures to gamestop?
http://pastebin.com/zi0WTSMc
206 Figures total
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#2 Posted: 02:13:27 10/11/2016
A lot. Even more if you sell them on eBay in separate lots by game.
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#3 Posted: 02:27:23 10/11/2016
Wow, that's quite a collection. Are you sure you want to sell? I would try ebay before gamestop. They seem to be saturated with old skylanders. I would also try Craigslist, they seem to have little when I looked there. Might be able to get 50 to a hundred per game lot.
---
Any last wishes?
#4 Posted: 00:25:16 12/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: TheToyNerd
A lot. Even more if you sell them on eBay in separate lots by game.

everyone has a different idea of a lot : P what range are you talking about. If it's not at least 200 i'll probably keep them
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#5 Posted: 00:43:11 12/11/2016
Absolutely do not try to sell the to gamestop, they give you maybe 5 cents per figure for SSA ones, and that's if you're lucky. I'd recommend just listing them on eBay, either as an auction with a price you'd be willing to let them go at incase only one person bids, or as a Buy it now with a best offer, where your buy it now is a little bit higher than what you want to sell them for, so that when you get an offer it should be somewhere around where you were trying to sell them.

But if you absolutely want to sell them to gamestop here's a list of their trade in values. Just click on the skylander and it will show you how much they'll give you. But on that list (it should be sorted by highest trade value) the most you'll get for a figure is Missile Tow Dive-Clops, for $1.10 if you're a pro member, or only $0.88 if you aren't. And that's their highest value.
---
Dead
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#6 Posted: 03:37:45 12/11/2016
That's a lot...
*begins having a seizure of amazement*
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#7 Posted: 06:06:50 12/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: mega spyro
Absolutely do not try to sell the to gamestop, they give you maybe 5 cents per figure for SSA ones, and that's if you're lucky. I'd recommend just listing them on eBay, either as an auction with a price you'd be willing to let them go at incase only one person bids, or as a Buy it now with a best offer, where your buy it now is a little bit higher than what you want to sell them for, so that when you get an offer it should be somewhere around where you were trying to sell them.

But if you absolutely want to sell them to gamestop here's a list of their trade in values. Just click on the skylander and it will show you how much they'll give you. But on that list (it should be sorted by highest trade value) the most you'll get for a figure is Missile Tow Dive-Clops, for $1.10 if you're a pro member, or only $0.88 if you aren't. And that's their highest value.

jesus christ gamestop is mad cheap holy **** lmao
the thing is, im 15, i mean ill try ebay but its gonna take a long time for all of them to be purchased, and i have no idea how ebay works so ill have to figure it out on the way
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#8 Posted: 06:40:48 12/11/2016
Whatever Gamestop gives you, I'm sure anyone here would plop $50 in addition to that offer and it's still robbing you blind. LOL

But yeah, ebay is really easy, I've been doing it longer than you've been alive. Basically don't bother trying to sell them one by one as most of what you have isn't worth doing that. You'll be working hard for pennies.

You need to sell the entire thing in one shot. So line them all up like you see the other people do on ebay, and take lots of images of the entire collection. Copy and paste that entire list into the listing. State what the overall condition of the figures are.

As for price, price it at $399.99 auction. If it does not sell, lower it to $374.99 and list as a buy it now for 3 days. Then 299.99, etc etc. You get the idea. It'll eventually sell for whatever the market will bear. I honestly don't know what they go for these days, probably a dollar a piece for commons? Your Lightcore Chill is one of the pricy ones. I didn't see any SuperChargers, Imaginators or Trap Crystals, so you probably won't get more than $1 to $2 a figure on average in a bulk lot. So you should get at least $400 but you may get only around $200 as well...

The OTHER option is a listing where people can choose which ones that they want and you have each one priced at whatever you feel is fair. That can take a very long time to set up and do. It's for experienced users and a lot of bother. You probably would be better off to get rid of them all at once even if it means getting about $100 less for your collection, it's worth it in your time and effort saving.

Anyway, make sure you weigh the collection and put that number into the shipping part of the listing, don't offer free shipping as it's just too pricey for a heavy collection and you'll probably loose $40ish to shipping costs. And when it does sell, make sure to wrap each one nicely with newspaper or in tissue paper and send it out. Pretty easy peasy. And you'll probably loose 10% to Ebay costs and 3% to Paypal costs.

If you don't have things like a bank account and a Paypal account, you can probably ask a parent to help you out with the money. Ebay/Paypal may hold onto the money for 21 days until there is proof of delivery, their rules are a little strange for new users and I've not been a new Paypal user in over 12 years so I don't really know what's up with that.

Other options are Craigs list and it's free, but you may get creeps and jerks spamming you. With Craigs list, just take the images and upload them an write a little description. With that, just don't have anyone come to your home, do the transaction at a local police station or a very public place (and an adult with you because of your age). Craigs list is probably better faster option than ebay. I don't use it much as I don't like meeting people in person to transact deals as they can sometimes be scary. LOL

If you have any eBaying questions, you can always PM me. I've well over 50 thousand feedbacks (probably over 60 thousand now) and over a million dollars sold over 18 years of selling so I'm quite experienced.
---
Stay Cool!
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me