darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Custom Imaginator Figures Are Being Delivered --- Post Yours!
First | Page 2 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Custom Imaginator Figures Are Being Delivered --- Post Yours!
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#51 Posted: 21:06:25 07/11/2016
^Apart from the broken legs, what was your impression about the rest of the figure?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#52 Posted: 21:09:16 07/11/2016
As I was saying on other threads, if you have the time to kill this holiday, the other options to go and buy some polymer clay and make your figure.

Print pictures of it, use your current crystals as guinea pigs to plan out a good pose, look up tutorials on the internet for the gist of things.
It's also pretty cheap on the US from what I hear - you just need some thin wiring for the skeleton, FIMO or Sculpey, paints, and maaaybe watch out for the tray you're cooking them on your oven because obviously you don't want to put food on that after.
Then, just buy the card, cut out the area with the chip, and make a base with a shape that you can just slip the chip in and close.

Of cooourse, it's easier to spend the money, but if you want quality, easily a bit of practice with clay looks better than this. I went from this to this in half a year, even before ceramics class. I know, it still looks pretty meh, I have another one of Bat Spin's bat form but I'm actually still working on the base so she isn't good for a picture :I
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 5 times - Last edited at 21:14:53 07/11/2016 by Bifrost
#53 Posted: 21:34:42 07/11/2016
Well, CMB looks good honestly, but I'm so bad at artistic sculpture and painting that I might end up creating a monster, lol ( I'm good at other artistic disciplines like playing piano, but that's it).
---
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#54 Posted: 21:35:34 07/11/2016
Aww, you guys are indirectly making her out to be awful and downright lousy. I mean people are confirming that they won't even order one because of how she turned out. Way to go to make me feel good about her. smilie LOL!

Nah, I'm a big boy I can take it! I guess I have low expectations for $50 with a pretty new technology? I mean I wasn't expecting a whole lot for that low price and honestly I don't know what exactly 3D printing can do in 2016 to know if this is good value or not.

To me this is a rather impressive thing so I wouldn't mind getting another. I mean it's not that much worse than getting "derpy eyes" Aurora or "paint randomly splattered" Bat Spin really. LOL But yeah...perhaps if the next one turns out lame in some big way (like those damned glasses), then that'll be it for me.
---
Stay Cool!
#55 Posted: 21:39:53 07/11/2016
Yours looks good, but the way stuff displays on her doesn't reflect well for bulkier characters with more colors :U

Quote: angelg
Well, CMB looks good honestly, but I'm so bad at artistic sculpture and painting that I might end up creating a monster, lol ( I'm good at other artistic disciplines like playing piano, but that's it).

I did Golden Queen with nearly zero experience, since art course was soooo into modern art they decided to not teach anything in the actual sculpture class. Ceramics is amazing for tips and working with something that doesn't fall over if left alone(seriously if regular fired clay wasn't so heavy I'd do figures out of it until I graduated), but you'll only get better by feeling the polymer clay and learning how to not shove your hand accidentally in the character's face and ruin it. I did that a lot with my giant thumb.

Here, as I said not ready for better pictures and base is a WIP, but Bat Bat Spin looks a lot better.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 21:46:44 07/11/2016 by Bifrost
#56 Posted: 22:03:00 07/11/2016
Well yeah, she does look better, plus the expression is really cute. Looking at her I wonder if it wouldn't have been better to get the bat figure afterall. I would also need to see if I could stick to the back of my figure some kind of pop up wings mechanism.
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#57 Posted: 22:10:10 07/11/2016
I'm trying to order a 3D printed figure of one of my guys, but it always says out of sock. Why couldn't act at least put you on a waiting list and say "okay, you're currently on the waiting list before your figure gets printed" and then actually tell you when it's shipped. Does anyone know if it's only a certain time each day that it goes live, or do I just have to get lucky when it restocks at a random time?

Has anyone ordered an imaginator with the sparkly parts yet? I'm curious to see how they look, because my guy isn't supposed to have a head, so I used the sparkly parts. I don't think 3D printers can't print something clear, right?

Picture of my imaginator by the way. Name was a placeholder, it's now been changed to Eyes of the storm because Drawdler suggested it:

[User Posted Image]
---
Dead
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#58 Posted: 01:47:11 08/11/2016
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]
[User Posted Image]

Came home for lunch and this guy was waiting for me. Glad to see him. :D
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:34:30 08/11/2016 by UncleBob
#59 Posted: 07:50:50 08/11/2016
^looks good!!

They didn't "lie" when they show up Sir Hoodington in the promotion videos, it certainly looks the same. Particularly the head and hood looks nice.

The figures look so different one from another in terms of quality. It feels as the 3D printer is better at handling certain parts and colors than others. (not sure of the 3d printer prints the colors as well).
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 07:52:02 08/11/2016 by angelg
#60 Posted: 06:08:01 10/11/2016
I'm so unlucky...the glue came loose! I grabbed her off the portal, turned her over and crack, broken figure.

[User Posted Image]

Looking under her base it was quite obvious that they had used a cyanoacrylate glue (AKA super glue). That is not a very good idea for plastic if you plan to have it moving around much as it tends to become brittle and it will come apart sooner or later. They should have used a solvent cement which lightly melts the two plastics and bonds them together (assuming the sandstone process allows it).

I had heard that Activision is good about replacing broken figures and I just sent in my complaint via their website. I don't really want a replacement as these figures are just too fragile to use really. If I do get a new one, I told them to send it without those awful eyeglasses if at all possible. Honestly I'll be buying a magic crystal to recreate her and I'll put her on the shelf to look at. I don't feel confident in actually using her again.

A question to the other people that did get one of these, does the chip read very slowly on yours? Also do you get a glitchy transition screen? It takes about 10 seconds to read the chip and then she does her pose/saying her motto. While zooming in towards her, it skips animation frames and then freezes on her face for a half second before returning back to action. I really should get a video of it and upload it to show everyone what I mean.
---
Stay Cool!
#61 Posted: 08:51:30 10/11/2016
Jeez, it broke only by grabbing her off the portal!? It is really delicate.

I was expecting to place mine as well on the portal, but I think I'm gonna pass. I'll just leave it on the shelve.

Please let us know what Activision tells you, and if they are gonna send you another one without the glasses.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:51:55 10/11/2016 by angelg
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#62 Posted: 19:18:37 10/11/2016
I've been sick as a dog for the last couple days, but this guy arrived on Monday and kept me company while I was home sick from work...

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image] [User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Source:

[User Posted Image]

My only complaint: the strap on the right arm is partially overlapping the shoulder armor...
[User Posted Image]
#63 Posted: 19:24:32 10/11/2016
IRL clipping, who'd thought. Guess this is something of note for people using parts that are clipping over each other.
---
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#64 Posted: 20:37:57 10/11/2016
Nice Sir Hoodington, UncleBob!

Just for the sake of asking, does anyone with a 3D figure or card notice anything added to their toy collection screen after using their custom item?
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#65 Posted: 20:51:59 10/11/2016
Quote: fairyland
I'm so unlucky...the glue came loose! I grabbed her off the portal, turned her over and crack, broken figure.

[User Posted Image]

Looking under her base it was quite obvious that they had used a cyanoacrylate glue (AKA super glue). That is not a very good idea for plastic if you plan to have it moving around much as it tends to become brittle and it will come apart sooner or later. They should have used a solvent cement which lightly melts the two plastics and bonds them together (assuming the sandstone process allows it).

I had heard that Activision is good about replacing broken figures and I just sent in my complaint via their website. I don't really want a replacement as these figures are just too fragile to use really. If I do get a new one, I told them to send it without those awful eyeglasses if at all possible. Honestly I'll be buying a magic crystal to recreate her and I'll put her on the shelf to look at. I don't feel confident in actually using her again.

A question to the other people that did get one of these, does the chip read very slowly on yours? Also do you get a glitchy transition screen? It takes about 10 seconds to read the chip and then she does her pose/saying her motto. While zooming in towards her, it skips animation frames and then freezes on her face for a half second before returning back to action. I really should get a video of it and upload it to show everyone what I mean.

It broke JUST by taking it off the Portal?!
Now I think they should definitely make them out of plastic even if it means hand-painting them.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#66 Posted: 21:04:59 10/11/2016
@Mcmuderpaws: I like it a lot! The human head looks good, and the suit and all is better than I expected. Something tells me mine is not gonna look that good.
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#67 Posted: 21:41:06 10/11/2016
I'll be sure to take extra good care of my figure once it arrives.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#68 Posted: 22:38:33 10/11/2016
McMurderpaws, your figure is really great! I like it a lot! I was always more into the normal humanoid characters.

Looking at mine closely it seems that there is a dusting of sand on the glue. I'm thinking it's like trying to glue talcum powder down. It'll only hold so much dust and the rest will fall off when you pick it up. The 3D sand process is probably very similar to that example and the bonding probably gets weaker and weaker with the more movement it takes. After enough moving around, it'll just give up and the figure will dislodge from the base.

Basically it's way too fragile to be used as a child's toy and I'm a bit surprised they approved this. They should have recommended it as statue only and not a game toy.

Anyway I got an email back asking to send proof of purchase (luckily I keep all my emails) and an image with their code written on a piece of paper next to the broken figure. It seems they'll send me a code to redo the figure and have a new one sent. They said I can do do her as I like (meaning without those ugly glasses) and it seems that perhaps I can do a different one entirely? Who knows, I think it does. I'll probably end up making a less fragile fire imaginator without any pointy bits. That was my plans for the second one that I was going to order. Either way, I certainly will not actually use the new one. I'll probably take Bifrost's advice and learn how to clay model and paint instead. LOL
---
Stay Cool!
#69 Posted: 22:42:49 10/11/2016
Oh yeah, forgot another polymer clay modeling tip - aluminium paper does pretty well in the oven if covered by the clay so if you want to save or make it lighter, it's a good option. I just remembered now since I looked up for an unfinished clay dragon I've yet to cover entirely :U
---
#70 Posted: 22:58:41 10/11/2016
I might get a figure of Septic Eye Sam, but I'll be sure to be very careful if I do...
---
#71 Posted: 23:00:27 10/11/2016
Quote: Dahvoo

Just for the sake of asking, does anyone with a 3D figure or card notice anything added to their toy collection screen after using their custom item?

Nada. :(
sinkillerj Green Sparx Gems: 489
#72 Posted: 23:06:04 10/11/2016
Anyway I got an email back asking to send proof of purchase (luckily I keep all my emails) and an image with their code written on a piece of paper next to the broken figure. It seems they'll send me a code to redo the figure and have a new one sent.

I'm currently in the same situation, just got my code. New problem is I cant actually use the code because its out of stock... Currently waiting to hear back on if anything can be done to expedite the process, but I dont have high hopes.
#73 Posted: 00:09:34 11/11/2016
Thanks for the kind words, angelg and fairyland. smilie
#74 Posted: 01:26:01 11/11/2016
Quote: UncleBob

Nada. smilie

Actually it appears in the crystal section with a blank for an image. Nothing really special about it.
---
Stay Cool!
#75 Posted: 05:38:16 11/11/2016

Nada. :(

Actually it appears in the crystal section with a blank for an image. Nothing really special about it.

What system?
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#76 Posted: 06:25:08 11/11/2016
Do the figurines seem fragile to you guys that have them, or are they typicallydurable when it comes to moving them around a lot? I'm just worried mine could fall off the base of something when I make it.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:25:40 11/11/2016 by TrapShadowFan
#77 Posted: 15:14:29 11/11/2016
Quote: TrapShadowFan
Do the figurines seem fragile to you guys that have them, or are they typicallydurable when it comes to moving them around a lot? I'm just worried mine could fall off the base of something when I make it.

I mean, it's basically colored sand + glue, so I wouldn't shake the thing... but I haven't been too concerned about moving it around the living room in between play sessions.

Then again, my Facepuncher doesn't have any thin parts like Zoey's staff in fairyland's pic. The thinner your pieces (especially if they have wider, heavier bits on the ends), the more likely they'll break off.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:18:14 11/11/2016 by McMurderpaws
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#78 Posted: 19:22:35 11/11/2016
is the ability to buy a 3d figure up infinitly because people keep saying "i should buy mine soon"?
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
#79 Posted: 19:29:11 11/11/2016
^They say the figures are avalaible in a "limited quantity" but we don't know the exact number, they may become unavalaible next week or next year, who knows *shrugs*

I ordered mine soon just in case.
---
BatWolf Blue Sparx Gems: 517
#80 Posted: 19:30:54 11/11/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun
I might get a figure of Septic Eye Sam, but I'll be sure to be very careful if I do...

good idea! im gonna actually make lil vent from venturian as an air or life knight, but on the tablet, not sure if ill get a figure smilie
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie
: http://steamcommunity.com/id/BatWolfGaming
~DEFENDER OF TRI-TIP!~ One does not simply zoo tycoon machinima
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#81 Posted: 21:15:58 11/11/2016
Am i the only one wondering what happens when you try to 3d print the light bulb head? its transparant
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#82 Posted: 21:18:39 11/11/2016
Probably a light gray, some figures do that when they can't have transparent parts.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:18:54 11/11/2016 by Bifrost
#83 Posted: 21:40:16 11/11/2016

Nada. smilie

What system?

PS4

[User Posted Image]

Anyway, this is what I was trying to say before. She seems to take longer than most to read into the portal, about twice as long. And the end animation is choppy where it just zooms to her face and sticks there for a moment. Doesn't seem right.

Also, they got back to me today and said I can create a new one however I like it. So I'm probably going to go with this one once the website makes these available again.

Can anyone guess who she's supposed to be? I wanted to make her NINJA class for obvious reasons, but only Swashbuckers seem to be naga. Luckily those swords works with her as well. It's the best I could do considering our very limited options. But then again her real action figure sucks even worse than this but I think she's identifiable enough in Skylander form.

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]
---
Stay Cool!
#84 Posted: 21:46:35 11/11/2016
Yeah, went back in and miners showing the same thing - but it was the before. Weird.
#85 Posted: 21:56:03 11/11/2016
Can anyone guess who she's supposed to be?

Pfft. I haven't watched the show since the 90s, but that doesn't mean I don't know my TMNT.
[User Posted Image]
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#86 Posted: 22:37:42 11/11/2016
Anyway, this is what I was trying to say before. She seems to take longer than most to read into the portal, about twice as long. And the end animation is choppy where it just zooms to her face and sticks there for a moment. Doesn't seem right.

I already thought the magic moments of the Imaginators where choppy and unpolished but this is just horrible, it doesn't even show the elemental symbol... ._.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:21:53 15/11/2016 by Dahvoo
#87 Posted: 22:42:47 11/11/2016
That's why you quoted the entire thing? Yes, I'll point it out no matter how many times someone quotes an entire long post.

A lot of things about Imaginators are straight up unfinished or at least unpolished, but this time it's less 'ugh look at them being lazy' as some people used to assume, it's painfully obvious they ran out of time and had to pick priorities.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 22:43:09 11/11/2016 by Bifrost
#88 Posted: 20:32:23 12/11/2016
Has anybody tried to get a 3D print figure with a Spark part on it? What does it look like on the 3D print?
---
mega spyro Emerald Sparx Gems: 3847
#89 Posted: 20:38:25 12/11/2016
Has anybody tried to get a 3D print figure with a Spark part on it? What does it look like on the 3D print?

It hasn't arrived yet, but the head of my imaginator is the spark head, I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives. I kind of hope they just leave it off, but that wouldn't work if you're using spark arms or a spark torso.
---
Dead
#90 Posted: 20:58:17 12/11/2016
If the Spark parts end up looking like some blob of pure white, I probably won't get a custom Spellslamzer figure.
---
#91 Posted: 04:44:41 13/11/2016
My second order came in today. A card for a Life Quickshot.

Oddly, it added a second imageless Magic Creation Crystal to the collection screen and upped my count by 1.

I wonder if it's because one is a toy and one is a card, or if every custom will add to the screen.
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#92 Posted: 09:33:31 13/11/2016
[...] And the end animation is choppy where it just zooms to her face and sticks there for a moment. Doesn't seem right.

This happens each time you load an Imaginator, the game takes a picture for the portrait, it's normal.
---
bye
#93 Posted: 23:39:12 13/11/2016

Oddly, it added a second imageless Magic Creation Crystal to the collection screen and upped my count by 1.

I wonder if it's because one is a toy and one is a card, or if every custom will add to the screen.

Wait, the card is playable in the game like the Target UFO Hat card? I wasn't aware of this. Hmm. Perhaps I'll just go with a set of 10 printed cards (one for each element) then. Far less breakable, assuming they can fit inside of a generic hard plastic sports card holder.
---
Stay Cool!
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#94 Posted: 01:02:27 14/11/2016
So I don't know if anyone has answered this:

But these are printed in full color sandstone. It's an extremely brittle substance and is probably why it needs to be in the cases. I would be extremely careful with them as you kow, i do believe these to be more of a personal collectors item than a toy. ((We used to get stuff printed all the time from shape ways when i worked in engineering.))
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#95 Posted: 02:20:06 14/11/2016

Wait, the card is playable in the game like the Target UFO Hat card? I wasn't aware of this. Hmm. Perhaps I'll just go with a set of 10 printed cards (one for each element) then. Far less breakable, assuming they can fit inside of a generic hard plastic sports card holder.

I would hope for $15 it's playable! ;)

Truth be told, I couldn't bring myself to open the envelope it came in (oh, the pain of being a NIB collector...), but it works on the portal in-envelope, so I'm good there.
I might get a high-quality photo print of the card image from the website and store it in the card display I'd been planning to use for this card and keep it with the evvelope.
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#96 Posted: 22:39:06 14/11/2016
Got UPS confirmation that two of my orders, presumably the 3D figures, will arrive tomorrow! X3
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
trixster68 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3813
#97 Posted: 22:41:15 14/11/2016
I got that email also. I am stoked i will post pics if it happens.
---
Havesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie37
Street50 Gold Sparx Gems: 2060
#98 Posted: 11:40:17 15/11/2016
Just ordered two figures....
[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

When they come I'll update.
#99 Posted: 19:51:08 15/11/2016
Quote: mega spyro

It hasn't arrived yet, but the head of my imaginator is the spark head, I'll post pictures as soon as it arrives. I kind of hope they just leave it off, but that wouldn't work if you're using spark arms or a spark torso.

If I had endless monies, I've wanted to place an order for a figure with absolutely no parts. 100% spark. Just to see what I'd get.
First | Page 2 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me