darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Custom Imaginator Figures Are Being Delivered --- Post Yours!
Page 1 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Custom Imaginator Figures Are Being Delivered --- Post Yours!
Shippin Blue Sparx Gems: 880
#1 Posted: 00:05:28 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Just got my custom figure in the mail. I place my order on 10/13/2016.

Pretty happy with the quality of my little otter skylander named Wotter.

[User Posted Image]

Hope everyone else gets their's soon.
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 00:11:39 03/11/2016
I should try and order one of either Magmask, Red Dwarf, Night Club, or Purple Chompy.
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#3 Posted: 00:16:24 03/11/2016
I'll let you know when I get my Knight Doomlander figure. And any others if I decide to order more.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#4 Posted: 00:31:59 03/11/2016
I really need to order Banana Guy soon...
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#5 Posted: 01:28:34 03/11/2016
Question, Shippin: Is that figure of a Sentinel or a Bowslinger?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#6 Posted: 01:31:24 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
It's a Sentinel, so the card poses aren't the same as the figure poses.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#7 Posted: 02:57:25 03/11/2016
Yes! I ordered mine on the 13th as well so I should see it sometime this week then! What was your order number? Mine is 1192 and that probably tells how far along they are on these things.

Anyway, yours looks pretty good, so I'm hoping for the best with mine. She has tons of spiky bits and I'm afraid it'll damage though the mail. I'm most curious about the size though. I'm guessing like an SSA Stealth Elf size?
---
Stay Cool!
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#8 Posted: 03:12:31 03/11/2016
I'm probably not even gonna get a tech crystal for my Mega Chompytron character. He looks good enough to go straight to a figurine.
#9 Posted: 03:25:33 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I was number 1194.

My character is a bit smaller than the middle height in game and he's about a head taller than SSA Stealth Elf in his case.

It comes in a decently sized box full of plastic bubbles, so shipping shouldn't be a worry.
Edited 3 times - Last edited at 03:28:43 03/11/2016 by Shippin
UncleBob Ripto Gems: 4565
#10 Posted: 04:26:56 03/11/2016
Quote: fairyland
Yes! I ordered mine on the 13th as well so I should see it sometime this week then! What was your order number? Mine is 1192 and that probably tells how far along they are on these things.

I'd love a topic for folks to post their order number, date of order, and card vs figure so we can track things a little easier.

1262 ordered on 10/16 was a figure. Status shows 'Image Downloaded'.
1568 ordered on 11/02 was a card. Status also shows 'Image Downloaded'.
angelg Gold Sparx Gems: 2791
#11 Posted: 08:19:44 03/11/2016
Wow, I'm really surprised by the quality of the OP (shippin) figure. I expected it to be much worse. Yroc's ones look worse imo.

Damn I don't want my expectations to get higher, but seeing that picture I can't avoid it now.

Mine will take a while, same as Drawdler's. (thanks again to LordElohim smilie

P.D: I'm wondering two things:

1) How they are gonna handle transparent parts or levitating ones ( like the celestial halo)

2) How the human head are gonna look overall?
---
Life sucks...and then you die.
Bifrost Diamond Sparx [online] Gems: 9943
#12 Posted: 11:07:33 03/11/2016
Wait, does every 3D print have the default weapon? That's the only one I've seen in them.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Nightmoon Yellow Sparx Gems: 1760
#13 Posted: 11:21:07 03/11/2016
Sir Hoodington's figure had the Laserblade, not the default Knight weapon.
---
Phoenix Crystal is the best unreleased Crystal.
Skylanders Academy Season 2 was an improvement.
I don't know what to think of Skylanders' future.
#14 Posted: 13:51:31 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Nah I actually chose the trident because it fit the theme of a water skylander. Most reviewers probably have defaults because they didn't have access to anything else. I unlocked everything before ordering, but went with the pieces that followed the theme, and having the kaos weapon was just too much (though he's using it in game).
#15 Posted: 14:04:23 03/11/2016
Oh, ok. Well, at least the pose is nice, the Quickshot one as seen with Myskylanders is kinda eeeh compared to the card/t-shirt pose.
---
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#16 Posted: 15:47:56 03/11/2016
My order is #1208, says "Image Downloaded."

Quote: Shippin
Pretty happy with the quality of my little otter skylander named Wotter.

Dude, that is FANTASTIC. It looks like it could be an official character!
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#17 Posted: 17:25:12 03/11/2016
Is the dome built where you can pull it off and take the figure out?
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#18 Posted: 17:31:42 03/11/2016
No, you can't take the figure out of the dome.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#19 Posted: 17:38:14 03/11/2016
Warning labels also say fragile, so it's not going to last long if you remove it yourself.
---
#20 Posted: 01:50:11 04/11/2016
I can see why they're fragile. They're made of sandstone...
Why didn't they just make them out of plastic?
---
sinkillerj Green Sparx Gems: 489
#21 Posted: 02:01:01 04/11/2016
Quote: Kat-Kun
I can see why they're fragile. They're made of sandstone...
Why didn't they just make them out of plastic?

Sandstone can be easily printed in multiple colors, most other mediums would need to be hand painted, this would add considerable time and cost.
chained skull Gold Sparx Gems: 2971
#22 Posted: 13:22:03 04/11/2016
I order mine on 10-12-16 so if anything it should be here soon for me. By the way what state do you live in? Might be why you are like the first one to get yours.
---
What do I even write here? Lmao
#23 Posted: 14:02:23 04/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I'm in Seattle, Washington, can't remember where the return sender was from on the box.
#24 Posted: 15:08:08 04/11/2016
Shapeways has factories in Seattle, Queens and Eindhoven (Netherlands), while their headquarters are at New York Manhattan. Seeing how shippin got it so early they are probably producing these at the Seattle factory. I guess, anyone near that region should receive it soon as well.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:01:19 04/11/2016 by angelg
#25 Posted: 16:58:26 04/11/2016
I live in Illinois so I think by the end of next week I'll get mine
---
#26 Posted: 17:22:15 04/11/2016
myskylanders.de has also received the imaginator he made at gamescom. It looks good.

Don't want to post pics here becuase there aren't mine but you can found it in his instagram.
---
#27 Posted: 18:34:30 04/11/2016
Never mind, just got mine today. I'll be posting a video after I eat my lunch.
Edit:
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 18:51:52 04/11/2016 by chained skull
#28 Posted: 18:47:32 04/11/2016
Quote: angelg
Shapeways has factories in Seattle, Queens and Eindhoven (Netherlands), while their headquarters are at New York Manhattan. Seeing how shippin got it so early they are probably producing these at the Seattle factory. I guess, anyone near that region should receive it soon as well.

I'm in upstate New York and I've not received mine yet, so I doubt they are making these from their NY factory.

I ordered a box of bubble mailers from California on the 24th and they arrived yesterday on the 3rd via Fedex. I'll wager that it'll be the same way with Shapeways. I'll probably see her by the end of next week.

Dang, I was looking for her every day and thinking she'd be there. I just wish they had sent tracking and shipping notifications. Buying mostly off of Ebay has really spoiled me in that aspect, and I forget that is usually not how other businesses work.
---
Stay Cool!
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#29 Posted: 18:58:05 04/11/2016
I can't stop looking at the figure in the OP. It's glorious. *_*
#30 Posted: 19:47:25 04/11/2016
Quote: chained skull
Never mind, just got mine today. I'll be posting a video after I eat my lunch.
Edit:

Would you mind posting some pics as well? The lion shoulders are very well done, it also seems the wings are being lowered so that they can fit into the limited volumetric space; i like the visual effect it gives. Those are air strike (falcon) wings right?.

Quote: fairyland
Quote: angelg

I'm in upstate New York and I've not received mine yet, so I doubt they are making these from their NY factory.

I ordered a box of bubble mailers from California on the 24th and they arrived yesterday on the 3rd via Fedex. I'll wager that it'll be the same way with Shapeways. I'll probably see her by the end of next week.

Dang, I was looking for her every day and thinking she'd be there. I just wish they had sent tracking and shipping notifications. Buying mostly off of Ebay has really spoiled me in that aspect, and I forget that is usually not how other businesses work.

This pretty much confirms that they are being produced at Seattle, otherwise you should have get it already as you ordered pretty soon as well. Not having a tracking service feels weird for me too, I buy a lot through amazon so it's kind of a given to me.
---
#31 Posted: 19:56:24 04/11/2016
@Angelg
https://twitter.com/pink_green...629227308052481
---
#32 Posted: 20:25:12 04/11/2016
Might be pose specific because Smashers have weapons over the shoulder, which could cause some issues. We'll need to see wings on another class.
---
#33 Posted: 21:26:07 04/11/2016
Quote: chained skull

The lion pauldrons, greaves and belt are better than expected. The wings are not bad either. The good news about the chest is that they are using reliefs (in a topographic sense), hopefully the lion breastplate will have two different reliefs as well: one for the lion face and the other for the rest of the breasplate.

Quote: Bifrost
Might be pose specific because Smashers have weapons over the shoulder, which could cause some issues. We'll need to see wings on another class.

True, it could also be pose, since the wing would collide with the weapon itself. We'll need to see other winged characters of different classes.
---
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#34 Posted: 04:49:32 06/11/2016
Anyone know if the Life Staff prints blue like the creator or green like the card?
pezskylander Gold Sparx Gems: 2496
#35 Posted: 13:08:12 06/11/2016
I ordered mine on 10/13 and it has not arrived yet. For those who got them already, did they send a shipping notice? All I got was the initial email that said I ordered, but nothing since.
#36 Posted: 13:40:04 06/11/2016
Quote: pezskylander
I ordered mine on 10/13 and it has not arrived yet. For those who got them already, did they send a shipping notice? All I got was the initial email that said I ordered, but nothing since.

They do not communicate at all, not even a tracking number. My order status page has not updated either but apparently mine comes tomorrow, I got a alert from UPS MyChoice.
#37 Posted: 14:02:25 06/11/2016
Could somebody post, whenever he receives it, pics of the packaging as well? I'm trying to figure out the shipping costs to Europe and that shapeways box seems a bit too big.
---
Chompy-King257 Gold Sparx Gems: 2956
#38 Posted: 19:55:37 06/11/2016
I just finished making Banana Guy, so I'll transfer him to app and then I'll order him.
---
i made the "bus" look like my "dad"
Deja Vu Platinum Sparx Gems: 5461
#39 Posted: 21:47:04 06/11/2016
I'll try my luck in the contest when it's Magic to get Stellar Blast. If I don't win then I fear there's no hope of me getting an Imaginator figure ever.
Dark35 Blue Sparx Gems: 931
#40 Posted: 02:27:24 07/11/2016
Quote: Deja Vu
I'll try my luck in the contest when it's Magic to get Stellar Blast. If I don't win then I fear there's no hope of me getting an Imaginator figure ever.

Diddo
---
Buckshot is fluffy bae.
#41 Posted: 19:25:31 07/11/2016
I finally got mine today (Monday the 7th). The address on the box says Toys For Bob in California but shipped in a Safeways box. Hmm! Could they reship them from Seattle to Novato for inspection and then to us? Anyway it has a persons name and phone number from TFB on the box, I'll be keeping that bit of data for future reference (begging for holiday exclusives and Yawn Traps. LOL!).

Anyway, you'll have to click on the images to see them in very large and detailed size. Seems this new image hosting site I'm using shrinks them down to a nice size for forums, but you really cannot see the detail unless you put a little effort into doing so.

My opinions on the figure...they really REALLY messed up on her eyeglasses...they are so large and fat, almost like an insane domino mask or goggles. It looks absolutely horrible at certain angles and I have to be directly under her in bright light to actually see her eyes.

Her tail ended up being too floofy but I ended up liking it like this. I was aiming for a normal tail, like a regular cat.

The main thing I noticed is that she appears flocked. I know that she's not but that's how the process made her look like. It looks a lot better than I had hoped, as I've seen other images where the process had made the figure look off. I too had expected a normal plastic figure which was painted until I seen other images come in showing how's it's not. I never had paid attention to the 3D printed figures scene before this, so I didn't exactly know what I was going to get other than a create-a-Skylander figure.

I made her very pointy just because I was feeling quite evil that day and wanted to see how they would manage that. The end result was sort of rounding out a lot of those bits, giving her a chibi effect in a way. She's about 3 inches from her toe to her antenna. Other images online made the figures appear to be half that size, so I feel pretty positive about her size being right for the value.

I'll play her tonight to see how she is, I'm actually working (at home) at the moment and she arrived rather late via UPS during my packing orders time. I've yet to actually play an Imaginator, so it'll be interesting. I bought only the game for $22 off amazon and an Aurora for $3 thanks to some crafty couponing from Target. I put off finishing the game just so I could try her out, so I'll try to beat the game with her, assuming she's not too squishy that is. I think her stats are really bad if I remember right. I went for looks not stats.

My final verdict...I like her but I would never ever do the glasses thing again. Everything else really looks great on her. I'd recommend one of these if you have $50 to waste on such an effort (and if they deliver to your country). I'll probably give it another go and create another character very shortly to be printed up. I wouldn't mind having a ladylanders team of every element/class (10 figures in total). Even though they are a bit pricey, I can reason it out with the excuse that I won't be buying the majority of the cores at full retail price this year, which means more money to waste on custom figs!

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Feel free to steal my images and share them around, I don't really care, but just don't make fun of Zoey! She's my wifu and I'll cry if you pick on her. smilie LOL
---
Stay Cool!
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#42 Posted: 19:51:15 07/11/2016
hmmm this may edit my decision to get the 10 BCs represented.

The quality does not look good imo.

Overall, the 3D printed character looks fuzzy and blurry.

Are everybody's figures grainy/fuzzy/blurry like this?
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#43 Posted: 20:04:13 07/11/2016
So there ARE Cons.

Some gear/body features on the figures may be too big or too small, or outright out of place.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
#44 Posted: 20:04:31 07/11/2016
I'm probably not gonna get a custom figure, but if I do, it will be a figure of Cy from Skylanders: Academy.
---
#45 Posted: 20:31:21 07/11/2016
Mine arrived today, first bad sign was the box looking beat up, once I opened it I found the figure broken inside, snapped at the legs, even though there was heavy bubble wrap.
#46 Posted: 20:46:25 07/11/2016
Wings are also closed no matter the class. But wow, if it's sandstone, it just looks bad up close. Well, I'm using those 50 bucks on buying materials for my own figures, thank you very much.
---
#47 Posted: 20:52:01 07/11/2016
Quote: sinkillerj
Mine arrived today, first bad sign was the box looking beat up, once I opened it I found the figure broken inside, snapped at the legs, even though there was heavy bubble wrap.

Could you post pictures still? Really curious to see it.

As for fairyland's figure, it has made my expectations realistic again. Some part like ears, antennae and wings have a vague shape, and the figure's surface looks blurry overall.

Like it has been mentioned I really wanna know if the rest of the figures are this blurry. If the rest of people whoo has already get it could post close up pictures, it would be great.
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 20:53:55 07/11/2016 by angelg
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#48 Posted: 20:58:49 07/11/2016
@sinkillerj, would be great to see pics. That sucks man, did you contact Acti or whoever sent it about a replacement?

Good luck to you in this endeavor.

@Bifrost, yeah i know right? I was gun ho for the 3D Figures at first, but seeing the quality isnt anywhere near a "normal" SkyLander, I'm going to have to pass.

Looks like I may get a few Light & Dark cards though. We'll see.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#49 Posted: 21:04:50 07/11/2016
Ill post pics if I have to take them for the claim, but for now its best to leave the package as it is. Claims have been filed with both UPS and Activision but sadly this probably means at least another month before I have my figure.
Page 1 of 10 | Next | Last
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me