Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Favorite Episodes [Super Spoiler Zone]
Page 1 of 1
Favorite Episodes [Super Spoiler Zone]
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#1 Posted: 23:20:38 02/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Title says all. Give an in-depth review of your favorite episode of the show.

Mine is a weird one. Episode 5, "The Hole Truth" It's a great introduction to the Doom Raiders and has some of my favorite jokes in the entire show. "Don't drop the soap", "Straight outta Skylands" and "That's just my toilet bouillabaisse!" to name a few. Speaking of the Doom Raiders, OMG they're amazing and hilarious. Pepper Jack is probably my favorite out of the five, but all of them are good in my book.

Also, I know people complained about the unsubtle moral lessons that the Skylanders learn, but I like this one! It basically teaches kids to not overreact when given the power to be authoritative. That's a good lesson to teach! I like how it was implemented into the story. It's a good character building moment! I like it.

All in all, this is a great episode to a great show.
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#2 Posted: 23:22:16 02/11/2016
Episode 2
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
Bifrost Prismatic Sparx Gems: 10000
#3 Posted: 23:49:27 02/11/2016
3. Anger Mismanagement. I didn't care about both Hugo and Eruptor until this episode. The jokes are amazing, the plot doesn't go for the easy way out of locking into status quo and actually teaches an important lesson about timing your emotions. And they managed to make a mexican food joke without Flynn or enchiladas at any point, I approve. Also cold open with Hex finally talking but shhh

2.Dream Girls. Lots of complaints about Stealth Elf being too flawless in this episode,but honestly, that wasn't my focus. Tons of background characters, a subject young adults will get more than any kids,nice introduction to Dreamcatcher and the fight scene was probably the best looking one in the season.

1.Assault on Skylanders Academy. It's probably everyone's favorite, and it's no different for me. Plot FINALLY picks up, some real stakes, dark in all the right spots, and actually makes you interested in both the story and the characters at once. Should easily be the standard for the series if Eric wants more of the Gravity Falls feel.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:49:51 02/11/2016 by Bifrost
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#4 Posted: 00:06:55 03/11/2016
I guess my Top 5 are as follows... Now with explanations!
5."Crash Landing" - While I would had preferred a wacky non-speaking Crash Bandicoot, this episode was well-done, there were a lot of good moments in this episode, particularly involving Spyro's man crush for Crash.
4."The Hole Truth" - Good introduction to the Doom Raiders, had some good jokes, and of course Golden Queen is just as villainously beautiful as I thought she'd be.
3."My Way or the Sky Way" - Another one with good jokes, plus seeing some development for Jet-Vac was cool. Kaos' sub-plot also had some good moments and there was some great character interaction.
2."Space Invaders" - Probably one of the funniest episodes of the season for me. Plus seeing Kaos try to fit in with the Doom Raiders.
1."Assault on Skylanders Academy" - I don't really feel like I need to explain myself on this one.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:24:26 03/11/2016 by AdamGregory03
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#5 Posted: 00:43:02 03/11/2016
My personal favorite is "The Hole Truth". The jokes and humor of this one episode is gold. Also, the introduction of the doom raiders was done perfectly.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#6 Posted: 00:10:36 07/11/2016
Tie between the one where eruptor is in anger management and eon loses his beard to Kaos.
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Glitchy Witchy Blue Sparx Gems: 911
#7 Posted: 13:46:19 04/02/2017
I feel like it's an unpopular opinion, but I love episode 10 ''The Skylands Are Falling!'' Mostly I love the flow in the last three episodes, and it would probably be more accurate to say ''My favorite episodes are a tie between the last three'', but if I have to pick, to watch one of them... It's episode 10.

It's very basic, maybe a little cliché, but maybe that's just my taste. I think this episode can give kids a lot to think about, regarding the topic of free will. It's a very classic topic. It's done very simple. The episode on the topic on it's own would I argue was very well done, but then it leads to the finale plot, with something I found a wonderful twist the first time I saw the show.

There's no point in denying I love Glum and Kaos, and for some reasons, their scenes in this particular episode is some of my favorites. It's just... lovely. Kaos' joy over the Skylands defeat, even if he has to die himself... For this particular character, it just makes so much sense. His countdown, and the fact he can't count... it will never fail to make me laugh. Glumshanks in general, his bucket list, his speech to Kaos... It's small things. I'm sure it's just me, fangirling over stuff like that, but for me, it's amazing!
Also, Kaos' reage fit. Just give the poor man a churro already!

This is also the point in the story, where Spyro actually began to make sense for me. The first time I watched the show, I was not fond at Spyro, his development didn't really add up for me, but in this episode, it tied a lot of things together!
---
''Ah'm all about, hilarity!''
KingMed Gold Sparx Gems: 2456
#8 Posted: 15:12:26 04/02/2017
1. Assault on Skylander academy
( Everything about this epsoide is perfect...I enjoyed every second of it )
2.Crash Landing
( Spyro fanboying about crash is just priceless and I enjoy seeing them toghter)
3. The Whole Truth
( I like how they introduced the doom raiders and I enjoy the humor in the epsoide (
4.Beard Science
5.Anger Mismanagement
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me