Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Fandom > Fan Art > Lalalame's (and Bav's) Art [open to suggestions]
Page 1 of 1
Lalalame's (and Bav's) Art [open to suggestions]
Lalalame Green Sparx Gems: 231
#1 Posted: 13:34:00 01/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Update---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I'm open to suggestions right now if any one knows a Skylander character you'd like me to draw. I need some ideas :I
I'm calling it suggestions rather than requests cause I'm only up to drawing characters I like/am interested in doing.
Maybe give me a short list (around 5?) of characters you'd like to see and I can choose one from it.
Please keep in mind that I probably wont color them though, it'll just be sketches.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My sister and I have some Skylander fan art I thought I might share. My sister (Bav) is pretty good but mine is kinda sub par.
I have a mix of sketches, pencil colored, and digital. I'll put the sketches in links-
Spyro-
http://i.imgur.com/HejOIrp.jpg
Pop fizz-
http://i.imgur.com/1ozYHWk.jpg

Here's my pencil colored art. I can't believe how badly I messed up Spyro's left wing D:

[User Posted Image]

I'm not sure if I like how I draw Pop Fizz

[User Posted Image]

Whirlwind. I did the tail wrong and my coloring could use some work.
[Edit] Fixed the brightness and contrast on this so it looks more accurate

[User Posted Image]

Pain-yatta, digital, and incomplete. I wanted to do some background but never did. I may or may not ever finish

[User Posted Image]

This is just my avatar. I did it pretty quick so it's sloppy. I wanted to do this in a cuter style.

[User Posted Image]

This next one of Flashwing is my sister's work, NOT MINE! I think she did a great job with the colored pencils

[User Posted Image]

That's it for now. If enough people like my art I'll probably keep updating for a while, if not then I'll most likely pretend it never happened to save myself from embarrassment. :q
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 00:43:29 06/11/2016 by Lalalame
Bolt Hunter Gems: 6135
#2 Posted: 00:31:38 02/11/2016
Wow, your art is really good! c':
I absolutely adore your style, such nice lines and smooth shading!
That one of Flashwing is simply majestic!!! <3
You are such a skilled drawer, my friend, keep up the great work!!! :'D
---
you don't know me. i break things
I draw stuff.
#3 Posted: 10:01:18 02/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Wow, thanks! I looked at your art and it is amazing! I feel unworthy of such a compliment!
I can't take credit for that picture of Flashwing though, that was done by Bav, my sister (she's way better than me)
I still enjoy hearing people say nice things about her art, so thank you!! X>
BlackWing116 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1480
#4 Posted: 16:07:13 02/11/2016
I don't see why you find cartain things wrong because I simply can't see the error. I find your art adorable.
#5 Posted: 19:13:11 02/11/2016
Oh yeah, right, I should have read it, haha! I see now, I was just too caught up in the amazing drawings to check the text properly, haha! X'D
Well, it's really no problem, and you are totally worthy of my compliments haha, you two are just so good! It's so amazing to have sisters that are both artistic and so very skilled at drawing!
And yeah, I totally agree with BlackWing to be honest, I don't find what you see is wrong with your work.
Both of you styles are simply adorable, and I honestly wish I could colour in with pencils as good as you two. You're both just so good at it!
(And honestly with your Whirlwind one, I thought it was digital at first XD)
---
I draw stuff.
#6 Posted: 13:13:27 03/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Thank you very much, guys!! It's very encouraging to know that there are some people that like my art! :>
I could give a long, boring explanation why I think my art isn't very good but I think that would be kind of redundant...

Bolt-
It is very nice to have a sister that has all the same hobbies as me. People even mistaken us as twins all the time!
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#7 Posted: 01:43:58 06/11/2016
How about Mysticat?
#8 Posted: 02:17:41 06/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Drawdler
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KNqFhJ6-n0
I'm not really into cuter artstyles most of the time but I like yours because it has more detail than most.
What pencils do you guys use? That's smooth coloring.
As for suggestions, I'd like to see Zap the most but otherwise Zoo Lou, Echo, Hot Dog or Splat?

Thank you!
We use pencils from Prang. If you want smoother coloring, I kinda have my own little "technique" you could try out. I'm not entirely sure what my sister does but I would recommend coloring in really light "layers" using very short strokes (no longer than a half an inch). After one layer of color, gently smooth out the "waves" with your finger (be careful not to wrinkle your paper). Just keep repeating these two steps till you reach the shade you want.

I think I could draw Zap. Echo is also a big favorite of mine, so I wouldn't mind drawing both of them. Would it be ok if I drew them on the same paper?

Quote: ZapNorris
How about Mysticat?

I'm not particularly fond of Mysticat but I might give it a try. Either way, thanks for the suggestion.
#9 Posted: 03:04:24 06/11/2016
Oooh yes I love Echo and Zap, if you do get around to drawing them you should totally draw them in the same picture!! :'D
And man, I really love the colouring of your Spyro and Pop Fizz! So neat and smooth, it's freaking beautiful! <3
---
I draw stuff.
#10 Posted: 09:20:24 06/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Thank you, Bolt! :>

I've finished Echo and Zap... I think it looks weird but I hope you guys like it

[User Posted Image]

ZapNorris, I thought it'd be better to do a rough sketch of Mysticat rather than not at all.
I know it's not very good but I hope you can settle with it.

[User Posted Image]
#11 Posted: 21:24:17 06/11/2016
Aww these are so cool!
I love how you've drawn Zap and Echo, I don't think it looks weird at all! They look so awesome together, and I really love how you've pulled off the angle of Echo's body. And the texture of her scales look fantastic, well done!! And Zap looks so mischievous, I really love how you've drawn him too. You're a master of drawing frills, Zap's look so cool. :>
And Mysticat looks really nice as well, especially for a rough sketch!

If you want any more suggestions I can offer some. But I completely understand if you don't end up drawing them, that's fine! Cynder, Scratch, Tuff Luck, or yeah, like Drawler suggested, Splat as well! c':
---
I draw stuff.
#12 Posted: 05:49:01 07/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Thank you so much! : D

I was actually working on Splat already but I'm having a hard time on her. If I can't get her right I think I'll draw Cynder instead.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 06:00:50 07/11/2016 by Lalalame
#13 Posted: 06:25:07 07/11/2016
No problem! c:

Oh, well, good luck with her! Hope she doesn't give you too much trouble. ^^'
---
I draw stuff.
#14 Posted: 23:46:06 07/11/2016 | Topic Creator
I couldn't draw a decent yet not boring picture of Splat so I just fixed up my practice sketch of her instead.
I don't know why I made her grabbing her hair...

[User Posted Image]

This will probably be the last piece of art I post here. I'm moving to a new DA account I made cause I want to see more artwork :>
#15 Posted: 21:16:11 10/11/2016
Oh wow this is really nice!
I just adore how smooth you make the lines.
I actually really like her pose and how she is grabbing her hair, she looks absolutely adorable and this is probably the best picture I've seen someone draw of Splat! Man, she is just the most gorgeous looking thing in your style! I really really love this!!

Also, would you be able to link your dA here? I'd love to watch you!!
---
I draw stuff.
#16 Posted: 02:23:23 12/11/2016 | Topic Creator
Thank you so much!! :> I'm relieved you like the pose!

Sure! I want to watch you as well! http://falalalame.deviantart.com/
gary Prismatic Sparx Gems: 11288
#17 Posted: 03:56:05 15/11/2016
how about Camo and Spotlight?
---
"let go inside"Gary Sparkle said. (smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie are my collecting skylander)
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me