Forum

Skylanders Academy

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Academy > Le Official Spoilerific Thoughts Topic
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3
Le Official Spoilerific Thoughts Topic
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#101 Posted: 08:34:05 07/11/2016
Can someone answer meh question?
Quote: Kat-Kun
Quote: Bifrost
Golden Queen's second scene was... UH, very not kid show friendly.

What was the second scene?
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#102 Posted: 08:38:28 07/11/2016
So you can add it to your Academy dirty stuff topic?
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 08:47:03 07/11/2016 by Aura24
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#103 Posted: 04:46:01 10/11/2016
I'm curious... ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
omer1698 Gold Sparx Gems: 2258
#104 Posted: 09:44:52 12/11/2016
Iv just watched "pop rock" and i got to say not a bad episode.
I loved the reference to popfizz superchargers counterpart.

i finaly watched "beard science" and this was a good episode but allso one of the wierdest episdoes that i saw in cartoon tv shows like... ever.
eon's beard sure get allot more attention then he ever got in the games, hell no one even mentioned his beard once in any of the games.
that wasent very nice from the golden queen to invite kaos just so he could see her with wolfgang.
and how come that not even hugo recognized eon without his beard? he still had his voice and his most of his look. but i sure was nice to her allot more from hax, wind up and roller brawl.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 11:13:44 12/11/2016 by omer1698
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#105 Posted: 01:29:42 16/11/2016
Just got through "The Skylands are Falling!" I've been using this show as a reward so it's been slow going. Gotta say, after the first few episodes it started to fall flat, but the last two I've seen were pretty good!

Probably don't need this tag here but just in case.

Oh man, I really enjoyed this episode. I don't know if it was on purpose, but there were like three spots where I got a nostalgia rush:

- Spyro saying he'll be done before lunchtime when speeding off. It's a fairly common phrase, and it's not an exact quote, but Ripto's Rage!
- Spyro rushing towards the dark energy dodging rocks. Reminded me of the climax of ANB!
- Almost 100% unintentional, but Spyro bouncing off the walls inside the dark energy. When I was 4, whenever Spyro would bounce off the force-fields in levels like Stone Hill in the first game, I would call them Z-daps, or Z-bops or something to that effect. It even made a similar sound! I almost squealed going "Spyro's bouncing off the Z-bops!"

And then there's Crash showing up at the end, complete with his theme song. He's a bit too talkative, but eh; it's not like this is being too consistent with the games anyway.

Actually looking forwards to my next test so I can watch the next one!
---
Thank you for releasing me!
comm_shepard Green Sparx Gems: 327
#106 Posted: 15:29:19 16/11/2016
just asking...

In Episode 7 specially when Eruptor take anger's healing, my friend tell me that background song and themes refer to old TV comercial..
do u know what tvc is??
---
"Snapshot is Commander snephard!!, I mean, Commander Snepard " KomoWalker
Komo Walker For Skylanders 7
KeybasHedKey Ripto Gems: 1862
#107 Posted: 20:46:56 16/11/2016
I have been watching up to episode 6 and...

In the Episode The Hole Truth, if you combine all the powers... you can make a Wormhole. Don´t you think it would be dangerous? Especially what if there´s a clash between Skylanders with different powers against villains with powers? Either it gives the villains the advantage or the Skylanders to push them away.
ladala Yellow Sparx Gems: 1935
#108 Posted: 02:19:21 18/11/2016
And... finished with the rest of the series!

Crash's episode had its moments, but the whole "hey Crash you're so cool!" thing got old fast. Still, liked the references to the Crash games (or at least the ones I could pick out, since I've only played the first) like jumping on the TNT and using the Spin attack in general. I did also enjoy Spyro being a complete fanboy, although after a while it got a bit old.

The final episode though, oh boy. It was really good! And not because I'm picking out references from nothing this time! I liked the challenges, I liked the Core of Light, I liked the Doom Raiders, and I especially liked the plot buildup! Kaosandra not necessarily being evil was definitely a twist! Looking forwards to the next season for sure!
---
Thank you for releasing me!
#109 Posted: 13:33:29 23/11/2016
i did it! i finaly watched all the episodes of the first season and it was graet!
the skylnads are falling: nice episode
the crash episode: took time to get uset to talking crash but it was a good epiosde
assult on skylanders academy: you guys werent kidding when you said it was a dark and awsome episode. but offcourse this episode raise some quastions:
1. what was this graet war eon was talking about?
2. how eon and kaossandra know each other?
3. what was in that book? the darkness? or some other evil force we dont know?...
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#110 Posted: 23:50:26 24/11/2016
Just finished watching the last episode. Some personal opinions:
Good
Yay Flashwing made some cameos! But where was she during Stealth Elf's speech in 'Dream Girls' and when the Doom Raiders attacked the Academy in the last episode?
I'm glad they used the same voice actors for Kaos and Pop Fizz as in the games. The other voice actors were good apart from some Doom Raiders (see Bad).
Favourite episode was 'Missing Links'.
Whilst I still prefer classic Spyro design, Spyro in the show looks and sounds better than he did in earlier Skylanders games.
The animation was pretty good.

Bad
Jeez, Spyro had an annoying, overinflated ego in the first episode. I'm glad it got toned down after that.
I found the Doom Raiders annoying at times. I hate Wolfgang and Chompy Mage's new voices and Broccoli Guy's personality from the games felt it had been sucked from him. I also didn't like Snap Shot's new voice.
Least favourite episode was probably 'The Hole Truth'.

Suggestions
I would like more action and battle scenes in the show. I know it's a kids show but maybe make the next series PG.
Add a couple of new Skylanders to the main five, Flashwing perhaps? *avoids gunshots*
Have Crash come back in another episode. Even though I'm used to Crash not speaking, his voice was pretty good.

Overall, good first series but could do with some improvements. I will check out series 2 next year. Score 3/5

If I think of anything else I'll add it here.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 23:56:56 24/11/2016 by Star Dragon
Aura24 Platinum Sparx Gems: 6561
#111 Posted: 23:55:30 24/11/2016
Snap Shot still has his original voice actor, Fred Tatasciore, from the games, but he speaks with a different accent.
---
"Soon all of Skylands will tremble at the awesome might of Malefor, the Undead Dragon King!"
Star Dragon Platinum Sparx Gems: 5323
#112 Posted: 23:57:59 24/11/2016
Ah, didn't know that.
---
What! Marco sent you here? I've got a restraining order against him! - Rapunzel, Spyro 3
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#113 Posted: 11:44:30 26/11/2016
My Way or Sky Way isn't anything special of an episode, but dunno, I like it. "Do planned decisions" is all too common of a show moral so it's quite entertaining to see the opposite with very good arguments towards being impulsive.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#114 Posted: 13:31:49 26/11/2016
I wonder if Spyro's contact with the sphere of evil will result in the "birth" of Dark Spyro, in the second season.
They could make him have a split personality, create a doppelgänger or even just have random evil moments.

Doubt they will completely ignore what happened in that episode nor simply use it as an excuse to make Crash enter the Skylands.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#115 Posted: 13:32:58 26/11/2016
Seems like that's exactly what they did.
---
#116 Posted: 17:34:52 26/11/2016
Quote: Drek95
I wonder if Spyro's contact with the sphere of evil will result in the "birth" of Dark Spyro, in the second season.
They could make him have a split personality, create a doppelgänger or even just have random evil moments.

Doubt they will completely ignore what happened in that episode nor simply use it as an excuse to make Crash enter the Skylands.

this could be a graet episode.
---
" i am thou, thou art i"
#117 Posted: 18:32:41 27/11/2016
Been a few weeks since he said it,but yeah, Eric implied he was told to put Crash in the show but already had the episode structures, so he had to change both Crash and the plot.
Not much of an excuse towards The Skylands are Falling though, that would just apply to Crash Landing. The former is rushed all around when they could've gone for a less random problem AND solution - heck, the villains are randomly doing their daily activities when they were arrested just a few hours back, and only Kaos ever seems to care about the end of the world. Maybe if we had a better glimpse at the temporarily converted villains(maybe jokes about Imaginators), or had them explain instead that the world's balance needs evil.
---
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#118 Posted: 05:13:14 06/12/2016
Just finished the series. The middle of it fell pretty flat, but WOW I DID NOT SEE THAT ENDING COMING. Season 2 is gonna be much better, I can already tell!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 3
1 2 3

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me