Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders Toys and Merchandise > gamestop skylanders club change and error
Page 1 of 1
gamestop skylanders club change and error
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#1 Posted: 19:20:21 25/10/2016 | Topic Creator
i got the game at gamestop and when i picked it up i guess they changes the skylanders club. before it was buy 6 figures get one free and now its buy 4 get one free. in short in groups of 5 is 20% off ( buy 4 wait a week or 2 for the coupon and 5th is free). That makes it the same price as best buys gamer club. main difference is best buy is 20% per figure right away, no waiting. but as many know best buy really lacks on the figure selection in wave 3 and beyond.

now for the error. i got a email saying i got a free figure, went to look it up in my gamestop active offers and there was 3 free character coupons there. i only bought the game and a triple pack of creation crystals from them. that is not 12 figures lol. so im not sure if it was based of the price or i got 3 sent in error or whatever. all i know is i got 3 free figures. this happen to anyone else?
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#2 Posted: 23:04:17 25/10/2016
I got a random free character coupon a few days ago, even though i hadn't bought any skyladers at gamestop recently. I went and used it on Hood Sickle.
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#3 Posted: 03:27:52 26/10/2016
I got 5 coupons, and came here to ask if anyone else got an unusual amount after buying Imaginators. We bought 11 figures (including Air Strike - AP's count as 1 figure purchased), so technically we should have only received two coupons with the awesome new Buy 4, Get 1 Free promotion.

I'm not complaining (obviously), but it's too bad we weren't aware of this because we would have used some of them on some of the Wave 1 & 2 batch. We'll be getting most of Wave 3 for free, though, I guess, so that's awesome!

I'm guessing that Creation Crystals might count as figures now? That'd be the only way to explain why we, and others, have received so many coupons.
#4 Posted: 03:48:13 26/10/2016
Planning on going to gamestop this friday and buying the dark edition, GPO, mysti, aurora, and 4 CCs. so i guess that'll rack up at least one free figure, which i'll use whenever wave 3 rolls around.

[User Posted Image]
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#5 Posted: 16:18:50 27/10/2016
I got an email and was confused...so went to look and i have 4 of them. I havent bought anything skylanders since the bronze bone bash a few months ago and before that prob not since feb 2016, so ya idk how i earned 4 of them but it works for me. Prob will go pick up something this weekend, thou ive yet to buy the game or even look into what figures are out etc. Def been out the loop this time around, which is refreshing in a way that i havent experienced since i started collecting them.
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5694
#6 Posted: 16:31:40 28/10/2016
I better get on the Skylanders Club soon then, since I'm planning on make some large purchases when Black Friday rolls around. Does this need Pro Membership to be a part of?
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Alphawolf Yellow Sparx Gems: 1692
#7 Posted: 18:48:07 28/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: zookinator
I better get on the Skylanders Club soon then, since I'm planning on make some large purchases when Black Friday rolls around. Does this need Pro Membership to be a part of?

i think it does, $15 to join pro membership and its includes a year sub to gameinformer. from there joining the skylanders club is free.
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#8 Posted: 18:51:08 28/10/2016
Wow just checked mine and I have three coupons. Would have used one on Candy Coated Chopscotch.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
SlayerX11 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3488
#9 Posted: 04:09:54 29/10/2016

Quote: Alphawolf

i think it does, $15 to join pro membership and its includes a year sub to gameinformer. from there joining the skylanders club is free.

It pretty much is the pro membership, when I signed up i got a yr of pro and was in the club and this yr i renewed the pro and still have the club.
OnionCakes Yellow Sparx Gems: 1810
#10 Posted: 08:26:02 29/10/2016
I'm kind of bummed I haven't gotten any and I'm signed up...
---
Check out my boyfriends Skylander ARTWORK
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=108425
http://jacob-a-sweet.tumblr.com/
#11 Posted: 16:35:51 29/10/2016
Got another free character coupon. I got some stuff yesterday (dark starter, gryphon park, magic crystal) so i just showed up this morning. Going to a mall with a gamestop in it today so i'll use it there.
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me