Forum

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
rwby thread [CLOSED]
arceustheprime Ripto Gems: 5362
#1 Posted: 13:01:22 22/10/2016 | Topic Creator
first ep of volume 4 is out today bois
if enough people are interested in a rwby thread then this can become a proper general later and maybe moved to idle chatter
ReshiramForever Platinum Sparx Gems: 5142
#2 Posted: 15:07:35 22/10/2016
rwby more like
---
self professed austGAYlian
#3 Posted: 15:11:40 22/10/2016 | Topic Creator
NOBy
-
#4 Posted: 15:18:59 22/10/2016
YEAHH
---
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8226
#5 Posted: 16:41:03 22/10/2016
not interested in the show, but my god the girls are hot <3
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#6 Posted: 16:50:02 22/10/2016
fake anime is gay
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#7 Posted: 16:57:24 22/10/2016
im gonna buy the JNPR dlc for Grimm Eclipse when i deposit my check.

im rly excited but..

volume 3 spoilers

i dont want anymore babies to die. ;w;
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
#8 Posted: 23:13:10 22/10/2016
Quote: parisruelz12

im rly excited but..

volume 3 spoilers

considering the redheaded track record nora should watch the **** out

gggg g
---
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#9 Posted: 23:25:11 22/10/2016
im actually really hype for Vol 4 but i crie because i dont have the muns for a membership ;~;
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
SuperSpyroFan55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2265
#10 Posted: 00:09:47 23/10/2016
Yang is armed and dangerous.
---
eggmans gona pop dat cherry
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#11 Posted: 00:39:34 23/10/2016
Quote: TheFlyingSeal
im actually really hype for Vol 4 but i crie because i dont have the muns for a membership ;~;

Don't worry, the premium members managed to crash the servers today anyway.

I watched this until the end of Season 2, didn't stick. The action is great and the voiceover is good, but the writing and the animations just don't do it for me. I know it picks up halfway through 3, but after slogging through 2, I felt cheated out of better content and I don't really feel like going back.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#12 Posted: 05:36:29 23/10/2016 | Topic Creator
saw the episode finally and spoilerinos
rnjr is sooooo good, they work great together and i wasnt expecting to feel sympathetic to cinder but damn, ruby messed her up

if anyone doesnt want to wait any longer i can quickly stream it or something
Crash10 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4745
#13 Posted: 06:03:26 23/10/2016
It's a interesting concept, but it doesn't get me. The animation is pretty weird for me.

Quote: HeyitsHotDog
not interested in the show, but my god the girls are hot <3

That time you agree but you don't want to say it.
---
Bruh
#14 Posted: 09:37:02 23/10/2016
Quote: ReshiramForever

im rly excited but..

volume 3 spoilers

considering the redheaded track record nora should watch the **** out

gggg g

shUT UP NORA IS A PRECIOUS CINAMON ROLL AND I CANNOT BARE TO LOSE ANOTHER OTP

/spoilers for vol 3
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#15 Posted: 16:54:37 23/10/2016
I don't have a First membership so I haven't seen the first ep of vol 4 yet. Volume 3 spoils below

I SWEAR TO ****ING GOD IF THEY KILL NORA, MY FAVORITE CHARACTER, I AM GOING TO FLIP MY ****
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
SuperSpyroFan55 Gold Sparx Gems: 2265
#16 Posted: 19:50:09 23/10/2016
Can't you just watch all the episodes on their channel?
---
eggmans gona pop dat cherry
#17 Posted: 19:50:34 23/10/2016
Quote: SuperSpyroFan55

One week after website release.
---
#18 Posted: 20:29:44 23/10/2016
These are all out, I mean the new episode only comes out on youtube a week after website. Also, supporting a medium(?) content creator.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:30:00 23/10/2016 by Bifrost
#19 Posted: 21:02:21 23/10/2016

it comes out for non-sponsors on their website a day after first members, anyway

spoileros
i love farmer boy. . .
---
84skylanderdude Platinum Sparx Gems: 5528
#20 Posted: 04:13:28 24/10/2016
-snip-

Stop. Kissanime is plagiarizing the hard work RoosterTeeth put into this show. It's on ****ing YouTube, it's free to watch while still benefiting the creators.

Posting links to Kissanime for RWBY is just flat-out disrespectful as well as illegal.
---
“No one knows what the outcome will be. So, as much as you can, choose whatever you'll regret the least.” - Levi Ackerman
somePerson Diamond Sparx Gems: 8443
#21 Posted: 05:52:58 24/10/2016
Quote: Sesshomaru75
Quote: 84skylanderdude
Posting links to Kissanime for RWBY is just flat-out disrespectful as well as illegal.

It's not "illegal", nor is it against the rules.

I thought posting kissanime here was banned???
#22 Posted: 05:56:41 24/10/2016 | Topic Creator
smilie^depends if ur on the steven universe thread or not

it comes out for non-sponsors on their website a day after first members, anyway

spoileros
i love farmer boy. . .

yeah might as well make an account since it takes like 5 seconds max
thoiwatcheditusingalinkfrom4chanfirstsoicantsaymuch
farmer boy is adorable omg, i sure hope they dont die/get tossed aside
#23 Posted: 06:13:40 24/10/2016
Quote: 84skylanderdude
-snip-

Stop. Kissanime is plagiarizing the hard work RoosterTeeth put into this show. It's on ****ing YouTube, it's free to watch while still benefiting the creators.

id rather give kissanime money than rooserteeth so.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
---
CAV Platinum Sparx Gems: 6253
#24 Posted: 06:21:34 24/10/2016
Please refrain from posting links to Kissanime/Kisscartoon. It walks a very fine line relating to piracy and while I'm not going to stop anyone from using it, it's best it not be posted.
#25 Posted: 06:40:24 24/10/2016
Quote: CAV
Please refrain from posting links to Kissanime/Kisscartoon. It walks a very fine line relating to piracy and while I'm not going to stop anyone from using it, it's best it not be posted.

fair enough.
---
#26 Posted: 15:11:11 24/10/2016
Because taking the money away surely will change anything and not straight up cancel the show like any series they do that doesn't get enough views. RT isn't doing this just for fun anymore, they have Fullscreen to answer to, as several of their live action stuff and non-LP game series showed.

Watching it elsewhere isn't proving anything or sticking it to the man. It's not like this plays on TV where you can't just watch it anytime or slap Adblock on if you really want them to never see your ad money.
---
#27 Posted: 15:27:26 24/10/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Because taking the money away surely will change anything and not straight up cancel the show like any series they do that doesn't get enough views. RT isn't doing this just for fun anymore, they have Fullscreen to answer to, as several of their live action stuff and non-LP game series showed.

Watching it elsewhere isn't proving anything or sticking it to the man. It's not like this plays on TV where you can't just watch it anytime or slap Adblock on if you really want them to never see your ad money.

perhaps they shouldnt keep making a new series every other week. perhaps they shouldn't crank out new videos like nobody's goddamn business, perhaps they should kill RVB because that **** should of ended in 2010. perhaps they shouldn't have made two animated series that nobody really asked for, but we got anyways (camp camp and RWBY chibi). they moved offices because they keep hiring more people to work for them, because they put out so much **** now they probably need an army to do it for them.

on top of that AH (which is licensed under RT) still does minecraft and GTA even though EVERYONE is ****ing sick of them at this point. Gavin himself said that he only causes things to go wrong in Minecraft anymore is because its the only way ppl will watch them.

honestly i think after Monty died, a lot of their creativity and credibility died with him.

you cannot seriously tell me that they need more money when they clearly dont know what to ****ing do with it. so until they clean up their goddamn act im going to watch RWBY on kissanime for the time being.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 15:31:31 24/10/2016 by parisruelz12
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#28 Posted: 16:01:06 24/10/2016
i was gonna come in here and say "wow rwby good thread" but now... no... not good thread...
very bad thread...
#29 Posted: 16:41:42 24/10/2016
I didn't say they need more money. I said taking views away from them won't make them spend it better. Two different things; I don't even have a reason to defend them, because when I got frustrated with the show, I stopped, and it's been a while.

Sorry for derailing, then.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 17:03:56 24/10/2016 by Bifrost
#30 Posted: 20:48:52 24/10/2016
so what you're saying is a company doesn't deserve money because you don't like their content?
---
hardcoreignitor Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#31 Posted: 20:57:17 24/10/2016
k i dont understand this ****in show

k so i get you wanna have the main characters names be associated with colours and spell out ruby or whatever

but heres the thing

U IS NOT W

RED, WHITE, BLACK, YELLOW MAKES RWBY

IF YOU DIDNT WANNA USE ULTRAMARINE AT LEAST USE VIOLET OR SOMETHING

LIKE V IS CLOSER TO U THAN W RIGHT

****IN WEEBS MAN
---
nyeheheheheh

hey lois, i’m dustah from mudda 3
Wreckingball13 Gold Sparx Gems: 2583
#32 Posted: 21:46:39 24/10/2016
rwby sucks
StriderSwag Gold Sparx Gems: 2769
#33 Posted: 21:47:24 24/10/2016
so what you're saying is a company doesn't deserve money because you don't like their content?

i think thats what shes saying

Quote: hardcoreignitor
k i dont understand this ****in show

k so i get you wanna have the main characters names be associated with colours and spell out ruby or whatever

but heres the thing

U IS NOT W

RED, WHITE, BLACK, YELLOW MAKES RWBY

IF YOU DIDNT WANNA USE ULTRAMARINE AT LEAST USE VIOLET OR SOMETHING

LIKE V IS CLOSER TO U THAN W RIGHT

****IN WEEBS MAN

visually "U" and "V" look similar but they were going for phonetically
granted you can kinda get a "U" sound out of a V, but W makes it sound better to the ear, since it kinda sounds like "woo"
so if it was RVBY itd sound like "rvooby" but with RWBY it sounds like "rwooby"

does that make sense? i feel like im not making sense
TheFlyingSeal Diamond Sparx Gems: 8523
#34 Posted: 00:22:45 25/10/2016
Quote: Bifrost

perhaps they shouldnt keep making a new series every other week. perhaps they shouldn't crank out new videos like nobody's goddamn business, perhaps they should kill RVB because that **** should of ended in 2010. perhaps they shouldn't have made two animated series that nobody really asked for, but we got anyways (camp camp and RWBY chibi). they moved offices because they keep hiring more people to work for them, because they put out so much **** now they probably need an army to do it for them.

on top of that AH (which is licensed under RT) still does minecraft and GTA even though EVERYONE is ****ing sick of them at this point. Gavin himself said that he only causes things to go wrong in Minecraft anymore is because its the only way ppl will watch them.

honestly i think after Monty died, a lot of their creativity and credibility died with him.

you cannot seriously tell me that they need more money when they clearly dont know what to ****ing do with it. so until they clean up their goddamn act im going to watch RWBY on kissanime for the time being.

I actually really REALLY disagree with you there.

Did RWBY loose some of the qualities that made the initial draw to the show? Yeah, it most certainly did.

Did RWBY suddenly become a dead and boring show with low production value??? quite the opposite.

Monty was a fantastic director, but he had his flaws. He originally wanted the show to be in a program that was great with his animating style, which were well-versed fight scenes and choreography. He was GREAT at fight scenes, and no one in the office can match his style to this day.

But the problem with that program was his lack of knowledge with animating slow scenes. RWBY had fantastic fight scenes that were the eye-grabber of the entire show. All 4 trailers for the show was just fight scenes, and people were on board. We didn't know the story, we didn't know the personalities of the main cast, or even what the hell was going on. We just saw girls kicking ass and we nodded our heads and said "yes yes good. show me more"

When season 1 premiered it was...kind of terrible. Really bad. There were good parts, like the cool character designs and the fight scenes and the whole world building that drew the majority of the hyped audience in. But the humor was hits or miss, the aim to be "anime" was forced and cringy, and there were a LOT of problems with character models when it came to talking and slow scenes.

There was CONSTANT clipping and weird expressions and strange body language that felt like Monty and the animators didn't know what to do with. So they did SOMETHING and said "yeah that makes the scene more alive lets keep it" even though NONE of it made sense.

But this made sense, the production value was low and this show was in a COMPLETELY different style than what Roosterteeth was used to. Season 2 kicked it up a BUNCH with a change in art style that better fitted the 3-D model and premise. This change happened when Monty brought in RWBY's art director Kristina Nguyen, who helped design the concept art and finalize character designs.

Her art style and direction helped LOTS with how the show worked and flow. A lot of background and scenes felt more developed and pretty, and she was really good at incorporating 2D to 3D, something the show obviously had trouble with. Her and the animators agreed to change art programs after Monty's passing during production of Vol 4 in order to better stylize the show and LOOK AT HOW GORGEOUS THIS IS???

[User Posted Image]

Monty also brought in experienced direct with animated shows to help direct the project, one of which being Gray Haddock. Gray has been in the industry for a long time, and while he isn't an expert at it, he knows what works and what doesn't. What's cool about RWBY is that you can SEE the styles and writing develop. I remember the writers Miles Luna and Kerry Shawcross were talking about having pages upon pages of character references when writing the scripts that talked about their backstories down to trivial things like "Does this character prefer coffee or tea?"

They STILL are hard at work and they STILL bring cool and new material to the table that blows me away every time. Yeah, fight scenes aren't as cool anymore. Yeah, the intros are lacking. Yeah, the humor is still kind of dry and the writing still feels cheesy. That does NOT mean the show is "lacking creativity and credibility". They are a fantastic team that we saw the development of. It has grown larger and more talented. I mean, look at this shot of the main character in season one compared to her in season 4

[User Posted Image]

[User Posted Image]

Sorry for the long post, I've grown to love and be passionate about this show because I sort of watched it "grow up". It has its flaws, and I know why some people dislike it. But I will STAND my ground whenever someone tells me the show got bad when Monty died.
---
#CynderIsAFireDragon
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#35 Posted: 11:18:44 25/10/2016
My friends watch this show and talk about it all the time. I still have no idea what it's about
#36 Posted: 11:28:33 25/10/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
My friends watch this show and talk about it all the time. I still have no idea what it's about

People fight monsters with gun-swords, sword-guns, sword-gun-bo-staves and other weapon-gun combos. Everyone has issues.
---
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me