Forum

Spyro: Season of Ice

Poll

12 Years of Skylanders, Have You Played Any?
View Results
Page 1 of 1
Review [CLOSED]
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#1 Posted: 01:31:52 28/01/2009 | Topic Creator
Ok, im gonna start reviewing this randomly, but i will update every so often when i get chance...

Ok. First things first:
The game itself hasnt glitched upon me yet, and seems like it belongs in the Spyo series before TLoS. The 2.5 Isometric 3D world is ok considering the GBA is 2D only. The music and sound effects sound like its PS one counterparts, thus resulting in a game simerlar to it's PS one friends. And this is very basic, but i've only just begun. The characters seem to keep there personality but there are some graphics a bit different than the Isomnia games, but then they would be. Sorry for making a short review and it sounding n00by, but like i said, its only the begining for me.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
dancinkayley Blue Sparx Gems: 616
#2 Posted: 10:00:10 28/01/2009
I haven't played this game in a very long time since it broke, but I don't seem to remember any real glaring glitches: only a couple that pretty much enabled me to get infinte gems and fairies smilie

However my biggest problem in SoI was this: Whenever Spyro was hit, he'd jump back, then slide back out of my control. I'm not sure if that was another glitch or anything, but it was certainly annoying, especially since most of the time it would be off the platform to his doom. Sometimes the enemy would be just off the screen and not visible to me and they'd hit me with stuff from that distance which would make Spyro do his sliding thing while I was gliding and once again he'd fall into his doom. Making me have to repeat the "flame all flammable objects" challenges AGAIN. It's annoying how you have to do it all within the life.

And another problem was that sometimes because of the camera view it was hard to gauge height of some platforms, leaving Spyro falling to his doom again... Somehow it wasn't so bad in AotR. Probably because that game, to my memory, had no lives system. Also some of the levels, because all of the platforms looked the same, made me get a bit lost at times.
---
All our base are belong to us.
I know joke old but who care.
elder volteer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1663
#3 Posted: 23:40:29 28/01/2009
i hate paying gba games
---
Brawl!!! Friend meh!
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=31744&page=1#2003580
cynder21 Gold Sparx Gems: 2214
#4 Posted: 14:03:56 09/02/2009
Quote: elder volteer
i hate paying gba games

wow that was short and sweet
---
This old place has changed too much
KasiyatheDragon Gold Sparx Gems: 2537
#5 Posted: 19:40:29 12/02/2009
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but can you switch breaths in this game, or is that just on SoF?

Kasiya
Shrazer320 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3564
#6 Posted: 21:18:53 12/02/2009
:/ You don't review a game and make a n00b of yourself after the first level.

Quote: KasiyatheDragon
I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but can you switch breaths in this game, or is that just on SoF?

Kasiya

SoF. Check your manual.
elder volteer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1663
#7 Posted: 13:39:44 15/02/2009
Quote: cynder21
Quote: elder volteer
i hate paying gba games

wow that was short and sweet

o.O thank you cuz im like that smilie
---
Brawl!!! Friend meh!
http://forum.darkspyro.net/spyro/viewposts.php?topic=31744&page=1#2003580
dingodile555 Gold Sparx Gems: 2674
#8 Posted: 14:59:19 15/02/2009
Quote: Shrazer320
:/ You don't review a game and make a n00b of yourself after the first level.

Yeah, this is stupidity.
Cynder_fan Gold Sparx Gems: 2683
#9 Posted: 17:03:21 15/02/2009 | Topic Creator
Should have seen this coming...
Forget it.

Now i see why people leave so much.
---
Local technician who comes up with rediculous ideas
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me