Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2
Nerfed Skylanders
Pickle Blue Sparx Gems: 779
#1 Posted: 20:21:28 20/10/2016 | Topic Creator
I know this has been talked about before but right now im a little upset because stong skylanders are now really weak. Besides senseis ive played as:

Jawbreaker
Wildfire
BB Pop Fizz
DD Gill Grunt
Nightfall
Stormblade

and they suck. Maybe I just suck, I dunno. are there any other characters?
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#2 Posted: 20:34:50 20/10/2016
Nightfall was never strong, just very mobile. Dread Head has DPS but did like 8 damage per strand, Master Angler's hitstun made it almost physically painful to use.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 20:35:10 20/10/2016 by Bifrost
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#3 Posted: 22:25:52 20/10/2016
From the Activision Support page:

Quote:
Skylanders Imaginators is slightly tougher than older games due to the greater power of both Senseis and Imaginators. As a result, playing the game using older Skylanders toys will be more difficult.
---
bye
#4 Posted: 22:46:11 20/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill

Quote:
Skylanders Imaginators is slightly tougher than older games due to the greater power of both Senseis and Imaginators. As a result, playing the game using older Skylanders toys will be more difficult.

Okay. Okay. as in 8 damage for a regular skylander vs 40 damage for a sensei? Sounds fair...
---
smilie "So what'll it be, you wan' da appetizer or da main course?!" -Chef Pepper Jack, 2014-2015: R.I.P. (Roast in Piece) smilie
#5 Posted: 22:49:38 20/10/2016
Yeaaah, when you have a Swashbuckler doing 4k, you should balance that guy, not the older ones.
---
Drek95 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4761
#6 Posted: 23:30:58 20/10/2016
Well, I'm currently playing at Medium and fights are definitely hard for the older Skylanders even if inside their Elemental Areas.

It isn't necessarily bad, I prefer it over SuperChargers fights but they should balance things better.
Crash and Cortex are pretty weak for Senseis' standards, though.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Current Number of Champions of the Skylands: 154
#7 Posted: 23:36:09 20/10/2016 | Topic Creator
My point is Crusher is great to begin with, but come on; 12 damage?
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 00:00:59 21/10/2016

Quote:

That... Honestly doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
Zenathil Red Sparx Gems: 59
#9 Posted: 00:05:40 21/10/2016
I think the reduced power of older figures is meant to symbolise how you need to specifically use mind magic to defeat Kaos' mind magic. Something about the imaginators being more pure due to them being freshly created as opposed to the other skylanders who are essentially descended from the original imaginators. But it's quite irritating for a collector to have figures they've grown attached to become useless.
---
(smilie smilie smilie) (smilie smilie smilie smilie) (smilie) (smilie) (smilie smilie) (smilie smilie) (smilie) (smilie)
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#10 Posted: 00:33:48 21/10/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03

Quote:
We made all the old characters in Skylanders Imaginators **** tier because $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Does it make sense now?
#11 Posted: 00:50:42 21/10/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd

Does it make sense now?

......Uh...
Well, you didn't bring up any counter arguments, so... no.
---
Check this out! Please?
TotalEclipsePro Green Sparx Gems: 469
#12 Posted: 01:06:31 21/10/2016
......Uh...
Well, you didn't bring up any counter arguments, so... no.

Look at the Activision Quote again.
---
Galactic. Rocket. Aqua. Magma. Plasma. Skull.

Team Flare never happened!
BOOMCAKE Blue Sparx Gems: 970
#13 Posted: 01:42:37 21/10/2016
Quote: Drawdler
If only they added damage boosts as you levelled up with older Skylanders, I get the feeling they'd be a lot better.

Attually they do in imaginators but still very poor.

How will Activision advertize the repacked swap force characters if they are nerfed to the ground?
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#14 Posted: 01:52:01 21/10/2016
Quote: Drawdler
If only they added damage boosts as you levelled up with older Skylanders, I get the feeling they'd be a lot better.

SF is still best-balanced, I guess.

Don't they get slightly stronger since they have the same new stats system as the Senseis? I'd need to experiment. Maybe the difference is only noticeable between a level 1 and level 20.
---
bye
Blink182Bouncer Yellow Sparx Gems: 1659
#15 Posted: 18:01:52 21/10/2016
They just gave the enemies more health, but all the hit points are balanced just as they were in Swap Force.

Easy Mode is about as difficult as normal in Swap Force.

The main problem is how slow some of the Superchargers Characters are.
---
Still Waiting For Legendary Tom DeLonge To Come In The Blink-182 Triple Pack.
WHY DID THEY MAKE MATT SKIBA "CALIFORNIA EDITION EXCLUSIVE"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 18:02:48 21/10/2016 by Blink182Bouncer
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#16 Posted: 18:27:49 21/10/2016

Quote:

that old excuse again. they make the old unusable, to make you buy the new one. nothing new here really.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
Darksteelforge Blue Sparx Gems: 692
#17 Posted: 18:42:17 21/10/2016
I normally only play with characters of the same series of the current game, because they have been doing this for quite some while (since Giants).
---
276 Skylanders. 6630 Heroic Challenges completed. So Cali now you have seen every different skylander complete all heroic challenges.
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#18 Posted: 18:57:22 21/10/2016
Some of the older Skylanders are still pretty strong but the majority is trash tier now
---
i am trash
#19 Posted: 19:24:52 21/10/2016
Quote: CountMoneyBone

Quote:

that old excuse again. they make the old unusable, to make you buy the new one. nothing new here really.

Well, it's not like it's impossibly difficult for older characters. That all depends on how skilled you are with a certain character.
Honestly though, I haven't tested too many older characters, but to me they play just fine. Plus there are some sections that can be tough even if you're playing as a Sensei or Imaginator.
---
Check this out! Please?
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#20 Posted: 19:26:12 21/10/2016
Quote: Zenathil
I think the reduced power of older figures is meant to symbolise how you need to specifically use mind magic to defeat Kaos' mind magic. Something about the imaginators being more pure due to them being freshly created as opposed to the other skylanders who are essentially descended from the original imaginators. But it's quite irritating for a collector to have figures they've grown attached to become useless.

That's just marketing BS to say "want to be competitive? Pay up!"
CountMoneyBone Platinum Sparx Gems: 5016
#21 Posted: 19:48:27 21/10/2016
Quote: TakeYourLemons
Quote: Zenathil

That's just marketing BS to say "want to be competitive? Pay up!"

yes pretty much.
---
Ha! HA, sage ich.
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#22 Posted: 22:15:12 21/10/2016
I noticed my older figures sucked dd triger happy only does 10 damage while my quickshot imaginator does 80.....
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#23 Posted: 00:35:48 29/10/2016
Quote: Darksteelforge
I normally only play with characters of the same series of the current game, because they have been doing this for quite some while (since Giants).

I think it's a good bit worse now though. I've always done a solo playthrough of each game on normal mode using just Spyro, and I've never had trouble with it until Imaginators. I feel like I need to use Eon's Elite Spyro in order to be on the same playing field as the new figures (especially the imaginators who are just insane).
---
Boop me if you see this.
Reverse0456 Gold Sparx Gems: 2440
#24 Posted: 06:44:10 29/10/2016
Most of the SSA Skylanders are nerfed example try doing any battle with Zook it takes double the time or longer to defeat enemies.
---
POPSMARTS!
GhostRoaster617 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3963
#25 Posted: 21:56:51 29/10/2016
So I played with a whole bunch of my past faves and I am pretty upset at how much my buddies are now pretty weak in this game. I think the problem isn't so much that they were nerfed, but rather all the past powerups now seem irrelevant. Such as hats, quests, heroic challenges and even other power improvements seem nonexistent. Here are my findings.

smilie sadly has it the worst. His attacks take forever to kill enemies and I for the first time nearly died in the arena because of how much damage larger enemies did to him.
smilie has some really annoying lags in his attacks like it seems to take longer to create more balls and has more lag in his staff attacks and flying.
smilie has some difficulties igniting the ghosts in his Spooky Specter path and his Skull Charge at least does continuous damage again.
smilie surprisingly does a lot more damage than I thought he would. So for once he may actually be better than both Ghost Roaster and Voodood at least the elites.
smilie has some horrible lags like he throws grenades slower, his cocoon attack doesn't hurt as much and I can't seem to even get Beautiflies to heal him anymore.

So I'm pretty ticked at how tragically weak some of my all time champions now seem to be worthless in this game and I wish they didn't have to be nerfed this badly. It also makes me worry what will happen for newcomers who actually buy these older guys and play them in this game. They might think these guys art terrible for the wrong reasons and I do wish this won't be an issue for the old Skylanders.
---
Grave Clobber is back to bury you!
Imaginators smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie Villains smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#26 Posted: 16:28:24 30/10/2016
Quote: Muffin Man
Quote: Darksteelforge

I think it's a good bit worse now though. I've always done a solo playthrough of each game on normal mode using just Spyro, and I've never had trouble with it until Imaginators. I feel like I need to use Eon's Elite Spyro in order to be on the same playing field as the new figures (especially the imaginators who are just insane).

What'd you expect?
The Sorcerer Doomlander gave Spyro and Stealth Elf a hard time in the opening trailer. The 1st boss of the game!
And that was before Kaos powered him up before his fight with you. He was actually weaker than he was when you take him on, and Spyro and Stealth Elf still got rekt.
Clearly the old guys are in over their heads.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
BoneGrunt Green Sparx Gems: 447
#27 Posted: 16:39:35 30/10/2016
Yeah, the opening clearly shows you that the older Skylanders aren't much of a match for Kaos's new minions and the threat to Skylands this time.
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#28 Posted: 17:43:15 30/10/2016
Yeah older Skylanders are pretty much useless...at least in hard and nightmare difficulty. I have to wonder what they think they will gain by repackaging the older Skylanders and selling them next to new Skylanders. It's additionally strange that they didnt think to give some appeal to the older Skylanders that are featured in Academy...ever heard of multimedia marketing Activision? They could have sold a lot of Stealth Elves, Eruptors, and Jet Vacs if they would have made them relevant.
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#29 Posted: 19:14:45 30/10/2016
Quote: juarmo
What'd you expect?
The Sorcerer Doomlander gave Spyro and Stealth Elf a hard time in the opening trailer. The 1st boss of the game!
And that was before Kaos powered him up before his fight with you. He was actually weaker than he was when you take him on, and Spyro and Stealth Elf still got rekt.
Clearly the old guys are in over their heads.

Quote: BoneGrunt
Yeah, the opening clearly shows you that the older Skylanders aren't much of a match for Kaos's new minions and the threat to Skylands this time.

Good point. I guess Skylanders goes by DBZ rules now and all the old characters are Yamcha and Krillin.
---
Boop me if you see this.
#30 Posted: 19:26:25 30/10/2016
The "problem" is that it seemed to imply it was only a Doomlanders' thing: which makes sense, you have to use your imaginator to defeat Kaos'.

It's weird how all the villains are that strong though since they look like indigenous creatures, except for the ones in the final level.
That being said, I still find Medium to be the most balanced difficulty: my almost fully-upgraded Flip Wreck made quick work of lots of enemies today, even though he got killed after two hits from Brimstone in the arena.

I definitely prefer harder fights, as long as they don't become frustrating.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#31 Posted: 00:41:16 31/10/2016
And this kids, is why i want VV to make the games.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
Wishblade Emerald Sparx Gems: 3262
#32 Posted: 01:09:46 31/10/2016
Lame, greedy ploy to sell more new figures. It's disappointing, because I loved how powerful the trap masters were when I played them in Superchargers.

Oh well, the new characters are so much fun, I actually don't care that much. But if wave the takes too long, I guess maybe I'll dust off the elites if I need a break from senseis.
---
Any last wishes?
#33 Posted: 01:12:33 31/10/2016
Quote: Kevin16
And this kids, is why i want VV to make the games.

Ah yes, I'm sure everyone being slower overall and hitstop up the *** with characters like Bash becoming unplayable is so much better.

They both need a lesson in gameplay balancing.
---
#34 Posted: 05:33:33 31/10/2016
Speaking of hitstun, some V.V.'s characters have it even for ranged attacks, like Dive-Clops' spinning water stream.

I mean, that's a whole new level of ruining gameplay.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#35 Posted: 05:45:32 31/10/2016
Yeah alright the hitstun was stupid... did Swap Force have that too?
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
#36 Posted: 09:35:39 31/10/2016
Not that I remember but older characters on it were slowed down to a crawl.
---
#37 Posted: 00:03:12 01/11/2016
Yeah, SWAP Force had it for all characters but I think it was less prominent compared to SuperChargers'.

I distinctly remember me thinking "woah, fights feel so much better now but there is something... wrong, I can't understand".
And after Trap Team, I totally got what the problem was.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#38 Posted: 01:20:19 01/11/2016
Yeah older Skylanders are pretty much useless...at least in hard and nightmare difficulty. I have to wonder what they think they will gain by repackaging the older Skylanders and selling them next to new Skylanders. It's additionally strange that they didnt think to give some appeal to the older Skylanders that are featured in Academy...ever heard of multimedia marketing Activision? They could have sold a lot of Stealth Elves, Eruptors, and Jet Vacs if they would have made them relevant.
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#39 Posted: 02:20:08 01/11/2016
Quote: Drek95
Yeah, SWAP Force had it for all characters but I think it was less prominent compared to SuperChargers'.

I distinctly remember me thinking "woah, fights feel so much better now but there is something... wrong, I can't understand".
And after Trap Team, I totally got what the problem was.

I feel like the combat dropped down in TT from SF. SF had is perfectly, then TT dropped it due to using the Giants engine, then SSC brought it back, hurt it a bit with too much hitstun, then Imaginators fixed it but only for TfB characters, and confusingly leaving it on VV Skylanders. Hopefully in Sky 7 we'll get it all better.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#40 Posted: 02:32:34 01/11/2016
Quote: Tigorus

Spyro has a new dub for what it's worth... Not by Justin Long of course, but you know...
#41 Posted: 02:46:08 01/11/2016
Is it wrong that sometimes I like playing as these older characters for extra challenge?

That's not to say I fully approve of this, but I don't find it that big of an issue for some characters. Most notably the "death by a thousand cuts" characters (i.e. Stormblade, Drobot, etc) whose gameplay pretty much revolves around keeping your distance from enemies anyway.
---
Check this out! Please?
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 02:46:37 01/11/2016 by AdamGregory03
TrapShadowFan Emerald Sparx Gems: 3500
#42 Posted: 06:12:32 01/11/2016
Which path is best for S1 Jet-Vac now that he's nerfed? I can't decide which one to pick...
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#43 Posted: 06:42:30 01/11/2016
At least Spyro is still good.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
#44 Posted: 01:55:13 02/11/2016
A thing I noticed today: Fling Kong's cymbals-like attack does have hitstun.

Don't remember if he were like this in Trap Team and definitely haven't tried him in SuperChargers, but this may mean there are other TfB characters with that feature.
What's even weirder is that it's not a melee attack, he just generates sound waves, yet they make him stop even if he's far from the enemy they hit.
---
”Gulp, lunch time!”
HeyitsHotDog Diamond Sparx Gems: 8201
#45 Posted: 01:59:56 02/11/2016
Quote: Drek95
A thing I noticed today: Fling Kong's cymbals-like attack does have hitstun.

Don't remember if he were like this in Trap Team and definitely haven't tried him in SuperChargers, but this may mean there are other TfB characters with that feature.
What's even weirder is that it's not a melee attack, he just generates sound waves, yet they make him stop even if he's far from the enemy they hit.

He seems to have the same problem Free Ranger's wind blast dones. I've noticed Snapshot's jump slam has hitstun too and so does Flip Wreak's spout attack.
---
Hey is there anything you want me to bring for the rest of the week and if so it’s so cool that you can do something and just do it like that
ZapNorris Ripto Gems: 5109
#46 Posted: 02:47:01 02/11/2016
They nerfed the hell out of Krypt King
Page 1 of 2 | Last
1 2

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me