darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > 3ds SA reset trap trick works on crystals !!!
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4
3ds SA reset trap trick works on crystals !!!
Dahvoo Emerald Sparx Gems: 3914
#101 Posted: 16:14:30 17/10/2016
I tried it and it works on 3DS SSA. I quickly created default skylanders (didn't make any changes) to unlock
each element creation set, except for tech since I'm waiting for the 8-pack,
then reset them so I can use them when my kids and I are ready to make more.
---
SSA: 37/37; SG: 99/99; SSF: 174/174; STT: 254/254 & 59/59 Traps; SSC: 294/294 & 32/32 Vehicles; SI: 338/339 & 29/34 Crystals. MAX Imaginator Level: 59
lidocain Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#102 Posted: 23:37:52 17/10/2016
Can someone tell me if this method can corrupt the data on the toy?

I'm mostly thinking about traps with variant villains, had anyone tried that? I've read that editors can mess up those and you end up with a regular villain, I wonder if this or something similar could happen with 3DS SSA...
---
" ... and then maybe I'd run out of things to complain about! Altough probably not. "- G.

××× Made in Hungary ×××
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#103 Posted: 23:45:10 17/10/2016
Quote: lidocain
Can someone tell me if this method can corrupt the data on the toy?

I'm mostly thinking about traps with variant villains, had anyone tried that? I've read that editors can mess up those and you end up with a regular villain, I wonder if this or something similar could happen with 3DS SSA...

It would remove the variant villains, but not because it corrupted the trap. Variant villains are just extra data saved to the trap after they are made and resetting them in any way will remove this data.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
lidocain Yellow Sparx Gems: 1087
#104 Posted: 00:51:36 18/10/2016
Thank you for the answer!

I have one last silly question: Could resetting like this mess up my Dark Bowser? I have a Wii and a 3DS, but no Wii U, and I really want to reset this figure, unfortunately I can't think of any other way to do so. (Sorry for asking TT/SC related questions here, I could not find any topic about this 3DS method anywhere else...)
---
" ... and then maybe I'd run out of things to complain about! Altough probably not. "- G.

××× Made in Hungary ×××
darkrai848 Emerald Sparx Gems: 3096
#105 Posted: 01:13:39 18/10/2016
Quote: lidocain
Thank you for the answer!

I have one last silly question: Could resetting like this mess up my Dark Bowser? I have a Wii and a 3DS, but no Wii U, and I really want to reset this figure, unfortunately I can't think of any other way to do so. (Sorry for asking TT/SC related questions here, I could not find any topic about this 3DS method anywhere else...)

The 3DS reset method will not work with figures (it will just tell you the figure is not supported). So it can't be used to reset your dark bowser.
---
If you like toys to life, you might be interested in Lightseekers!
Kickstarter:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/playfusion/lightseekers/description
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#106 Posted: 23:14:26 20/10/2016
I have made an important discovery!

For those unfamiliar with Pyrofer’s Skylanders tool, it lets Portal Masters like us save data onto our computer from our Skylanders, then write them back again to the figure. It was made in Giants and halted development during Trap Team, making it so the reader only truly identifies SSA-STT figurines.

Today I’ll be having some cousins over, so I wanted a way to save my CC data and come back to it once they’ve had their fun creating Skylanders. I saved the data from my Fire CC to the tool, and reset the Crystal after. I tested it in Imaginators to make sure the Reset worked, which it did, then tried writing the data back to the Crystal. I selected the data and tried writing it. It worked!

Does anyone know what this means? We can keep all ten battle classes on one single Crystal! Provided that you make sure you don’t confuse the filenames, it will be easy to keep track of them if you separate them by their class!

P.S. If anyone else has discovered this, sorry for taking credit.
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
crstofer Emerald Sparx Gems: 4446
#107 Posted: 23:19:38 20/10/2016
like I said "It works !" .. LOL ! "zookinator" verified it ! smilie
---
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#108 Posted: 12:48:27 21/10/2016
I was never able to get the tool to work, I think it had to do with my OS or something at the time.

I REALLY want to wipe my light swashbuckler...that class feels so uninteresting already...
- Unreall
DAWNOFWAR Gold Sparx Gems: 2061
#109 Posted: 13:45:11 21/10/2016
I have all the skylanders 3ds games...but never had a 3ds to play them...and now with the reset option I'm looking to buy a 3ds...but still pretty pricey....from what I have been reading the 2ds plays 3ds games and is half the price. ..before I pull the trigger and buy one...can anyone confirm that the crystal reset work on a 2ds?...and maybe why or why not to buy one?
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#110 Posted: 13:48:33 21/10/2016
It should work exactly the same. The only difference is that the 2DS doesn't, well, have 3D and can't be folded; games wise nothing changes because Skylanders doesn't have any fancy schmancy gyroscope gimmicks or 3D-essential gameplay.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:49:02 21/10/2016 by Bifrost
zookinator Platinum Sparx Gems: 5683
#111 Posted: 14:07:45 21/10/2016
Bifrost's right. My sister owns a 2DS and there is really no difference outside of what she noted. Different shape and a switch to go int osleep mode, but other than that.

Since a particular user was confused as to how I managed to make the 'GUI Tool Crystal Writing', I'll just stick my PM to him here. Don't worry, no personal detail or anything.

Quote:
I'm using the latest version of his tool, which you can get to using this link in case you don't have it: https://mega.co.nz/#!JdZxDYAQ!...oBokKqCpQSkRCpI
He posted this 11/13/2014, post #364 on his Skylanders Tool thread.

To save it, first read the Crystal on the Portal, and after it has been successfully read, click 'File', then 'Save Figure'. This will dump the all the Crystal's data into the tool.

After you've reset it, or even after you've put other information on it (haven't tested that to be sure), put the figure back into the tool, and after it has been successfully read, click on the # that represents the particular Crystal (my Fire CC was #685), and if you have more than one of an element, make sure that ALL the numbers along the bottom to the right of the bottom left corner are the same as the figure you put on.

After you have clicked the appropriate #, click 'Portal', then 'Write Figure'. When you see in the bottom left 'Write OK', the data you saved previously should be on the CC.

Note: Do not forget to select the data for you figure by clicking it TWICE. If you just click 'Write Figure' after clicking your data ONCE, it will just write the data that is currently on the figure back into it. You will not get back your Imaginator.
Happy Imaginating!
---
Skylanders Colosseum Clash
A Fanmade Skylanders Boardgame
Unreallystic Emerald Sparx Gems: 3054
#112 Posted: 14:33:54 21/10/2016
I wonder if I could get this to work on a Droid. *shrug* I need to get it to work first...
- Unreall
orekul Yellow Sparx Gems: 1099
#113 Posted: 17:51:00 21/10/2016
It works on a 2ds, thats how I have been doing it, with giants though not ssa
McMurderpaws Yellow Sparx Gems: 1330
#114 Posted: 17:59:39 21/10/2016
^ Not that I minded spending the $0.99 to buy Spyro's Adventure at GameStop, but I kinda wish someone had said something about it working with Giants first, since I already owned that. smilie
Portal___Master Emerald Sparx Gems: 3718
#115 Posted: 19:48:51 21/10/2016
U can also reset via 3DS Giants game...talk to Hugo.
---
smilie
Guinness Book of World Records holder for Largest SkyLanders Collection.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/SkyLandersCollectorsGroup
#116 Posted: 12:52:15 23/10/2016
One new method found by Myskylanders' community - the Giant Force Reset trick from game past works on crystals, but only Wii or Wii Mode on the WiiU. Another reason for me to buy the conters already : P
---
isaac343018s Emerald Sparx Gems: 4478
#117 Posted: 13:01:06 23/10/2016
Wait woah really? I can do that! Can you link me to where I can find more details?
#118 Posted: 13:07:15 23/10/2016
Skylanders Giants had a force reset option where you could press the start menu while on thr magic moment. I believe there's a FAQ for it. That said, we'll have to test for other versions than Wii.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 13:14:05 23/10/2016 by Bifrost
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#119 Posted: 13:41:02 23/10/2016
Just tried it out. You have to go into Settings with the Crystal on the portal and hit "Reset Broken Toys"
#120 Posted: 14:09:46 23/10/2016
Wii or another?
---
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#121 Posted: 14:11:19 23/10/2016
Wii on the Wii U's "Wii Mode"
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#122 Posted: 14:13:26 23/10/2016
Would have been good if this could be done on an iPad with Trap team smilie
#123 Posted: 14:15:29 23/10/2016
Hm, we should still test other versions anyway. If only I wasn't busy with work I could get the X360 going in a jiffy; someone else will have to check that version.
---
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:15:53 23/10/2016 by Bifrost
emixie Red Sparx Gems: 12
#124 Posted: 15:55:53 23/10/2016
Skylanders giants xbox 360 not working, tested without update the reset broken toy option appear you reset the crystal press yes... and when you put back the crystal on imaginators the crystal still the same with levels etcs. not resetting. sadly.
4inCreation Gold Sparx Gems: 2989
#125 Posted: 17:12:21 23/10/2016
Is anyone able to test the Trap Team portal on PS4? I talked to someone who did it, but not sure what game or how.
mR_CaESaR Yellow Sparx Gems: 1310
#126 Posted: 18:46:46 23/10/2016
Is there a particular person you need to talk to in trap team or Superchargers? I can try using the ipad but every time I put the crystal on the portal it just gives me the error about not compatible or something.
#127 Posted: 20:03:55 23/10/2016
tested giants on wii:u still have issue i got the reset broken toys menu i do yes and not really do any change to my crystal .. ;( #noluck
#128 Posted: 20:10:17 23/10/2016
Has to be the Wii version or Wii Mode on WiiU only,apparently.
---
#129 Posted: 00:18:53 24/10/2016
Quote: emixie
tested giants on wii:u still have issue i got the reset broken toys menu i do yes and not really do any change to my crystal .. ;( #noluck

confirm i used wii software (giants) with wii:u and wii:u portal in wii mode menu and worked #1 !
Gajim Green Sparx Gems: 262
#130 Posted: 02:54:46 29/10/2016
WiiU running in Wii mode with the Wii Giants software DOES WORK to reset Creation Crystals. I loaded and played the Giants Wii version on my WiiU with Tree Rex on the Imaginator portal. Went to the main menu, swapped on a magic crystal with a figure loaded then chose Settings and the Fix Toy option. Back in Imaginators, the magic creation crystal loaded as factory new. So now folks with a Wii or WiiU can reset crystals too using the Giants software for the Wii.
I tried the same thing with Spyro's Adventure (Wii disc) and Giants (WiiU disc) and neither worked. I picked up a copy of Giants (Wii) for $12 and am now free to experiment to my hearts content. And by the way, defeating the doomlander in the Cradle of Creation with a level two Tree Rex is possible, but I don't recommend it!
Luminous35 Gold Sparx Gems: 2457
#131 Posted: 03:11:13 29/10/2016
Reset my Magic Crystal today on the Wii version of giants to create my Magic Bowslinger, Monarchery!
---
smilie smilie STARCAST FOR PRESIDENT OF MY SEXUALITY smilie smilie
smilie smilie Professor Jet-Vac? I don’t feel so good. smilie smilie
gsizzle Green Sparx Gems: 272
#132 Posted: 03:54:03 30/10/2016
After reading Gajim's post I ran to Gamestop and picked up a Wii copy of Giants for 98 cents.

Ran it in Wii Mode on my Wii U and it absolutely worked with no issue! My kids and I spent a couple hours trying different battle classes on each crystal and resetting them (using the gamepad as a reset station monitor) over and over! Playing Imaginators on PS4, we didn't even need to change video feeds for resets!

So happy I read your post Gajim!!!!
---
smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie smilie
JarieSuicune Green Sparx Gems: 229
#133 Posted: 00:55:38 03/11/2016
In answer to that question (hopefully for good, because the lack of general knowledge is painful to read) it's this: If a version of a game works on a console, then it's still the exact same game on anything that runs it, no matter what the console/whatever is called, and so will act the same way all the time. (patches and updates aside, and those only apply when installed and are easily removed)

ie: A Wii or 3DS game is always the exact same Wii/3DS game. The console you play it on makes no difference, ever.
ie2: A 3DS, New 3DS, and 2DS ARE THE EXACT SAME SYSTEM. They have a different names, slightly different appearances, and the 3DS has some extra hardware that allows higher processing of the exact same software (except the Internet Channel, which did get a full upgrade, both of which still make no change to whatever game is being run. The games themselves will always operate the same.

The same would apply to PS3/4 and XBox 360/One if that were an option (which at least with XBox One it's not, as they have stated that any game that makes use of a peripheral for play will not be backwards compatible)
Muffin Man Platinum Sparx Gems: 5337
#134 Posted: 04:17:24 03/11/2016
Yeah there's no real need to distinguish between the Wii and the Wii U in Wii mode since the Wii U functions identically to the Wii when it's in Wii mode.
---
Boop me if you see this.
JCat Yellow Sparx Gems: 1540
#135 Posted: 05:50:30 03/11/2016
Seems more things were discovered before I could help and test out.

I own all the 3DS games (S:SA was my first Skylanders game kkand is my favorite and the reason I got hooked) So yes the reset works, just another confirmation.

However, it was asked rather chests can be reset. Two things, 1. Each 'save file' on a system shares the parts, so you don't Need to reunlock for regular and nightmare.

And 2, the CC reset trick does NOT work for the chests. I tried it and yeah, didn't work.
---
Main Team: smiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmiliesmilie
~N~
Kat-Kun Green Sparx Gems: 415
#136 Posted: 06:10:57 03/11/2016
Couldn't find my copy of SSA 3DS.
A new copy should arrive tomorrow.
---
Jingle bells, jingle bells, jingle all the waaaaaay!
lucifon Red Sparx Gems: 17
#137 Posted: 07:26:27 03/11/2016
Quote: zookinator
Bifrost's right. My sister owns a 2DS and there is really no difference outside of what she noted. Different shape and a switch to go int osleep mode, but other than that.

Since a particular user was confused as to how I managed to make the 'GUI Tool Crystal Writing', I'll just stick my PM to him here. Don't worry, no personal detail or anything.

Quote:
I'm using the latest version of his tool, which you can get to using this link in case you don't have it: https://mega.co.nz/#!JdZxDYAQ!...oBokKqCpQSkRCpI

To save it, first read the Crystal on the Portal, and after it has been successfully read, click 'File', then 'Save Figure'. This will dump the all the Crystal's data into the tool.

After you've reset it, or even after you've put other information on it (haven't tested that to be sure), put the figure back into the tool, and after it has been successfully read, click on the # that represents the particular Crystal (my Fire CC was #685), and if you have more than one of an element, make sure that ALL the numbers along the bottom to the right of the bottom left corner are the same as the figure you put on.

After you have clicked the appropriate #, click 'Portal', then 'Write Figure'. When you see in the bottom left 'Write OK', the data you saved previously should be on the CC.

Note: Do not forget to select the data for you figure by clicking it TWICE. If you just click 'Write Figure' after clicking your data ONCE, it will just write the data that is currently on the figure back into it. You will not get back your Imaginator.
Happy Imaginating!

I'm new to skylanders. I've tried using this method but my pc running windows 10 just says that the portal isn't connected. I've tried in various USB ports, restarting computer, restarting the app, running app as admin. Nothing works. It's the imaginators portal that I'm using. Is there any fix for this??
sinkillerj Green Sparx Gems: 489
#138 Posted: 12:21:29 03/11/2016
Quote: lucifon

Quote:

Happy Imaginating!

I'm new to skylanders. I've tried using this method but my pc running windows 10 just says that the portal isn't connected. I've tried in various USB ports, restarting computer, restarting the app, running app as admin. Nothing works. It's the imaginators portal that I'm using. Is there any fix for this??

Sounds like you need the portal driver.
CrushHour Green Sparx Gems: 159
#139 Posted: 13:18:38 03/11/2016
some idea about resetting crystals

check the backup files for differences to get to know how the 3ds+ssa / wii+giants reset works:
1) generate your custom character on a crystal
2) do a backup using the mentioned tool
3) reset the crystal using 3ds or wii method
4) do another backup (before creating a new character on it)
5) compare both backups using hex editor

now u should see what the 3ds /wii reset does to the crystal.

let me know what you've found out.
lucifon Red Sparx Gems: 17
#140 Posted: 14:38:45 03/11/2016
Quote: sinkillerj
Quote: lucifon

Sounds like you need the portal driver.

Where can I get the driver?? I tried looking last night but couldn't find it anywhere.
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 14:39:52 03/11/2016 by lucifon
SkyJo Green Sparx Gems: 490
#141 Posted: 09:40:43 08/11/2016
Is it the same for you after you restted a chrystal, the game struggels a while until it recognized it?
Darkling183 Green Sparx Gems: 340
#142 Posted: 12:22:43 08/11/2016
Quote: SkyJo
Is it the same for you after you restted a chrystal, the game struggels a while until it recognized it?

That happened to me too - it takes about five to ten seconds (at a guess) before the crystal is recognised. My guess is that force-resetting a crystal using a different Skylanders game corrupts the data on the crystal in some way, and Imaginators needs a bit of time to repair or re-initialise the crystal.

In comparison, when I rewrite a crystal with previously saved data from an empty crystal, the crystal reads straight away when I put it on the Imaginators portal.
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#143 Posted: 20:40:47 15/11/2016
Does this work on the original Wii version of giants? I have SSA but thats for the ps3. I also don't have a 2DS or a 3DS just yet.
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
#144 Posted: 20:42:25 15/11/2016
Quote: TrapGiant
Does this work on the original Wii version of giants? I have SSA but thats for the ps3. I also don't have a 2DS or a 3DS just yet.

It should work, as WiiU's Wii mode changes nothing about the game.
---
TrapGiant Blue Sparx Gems: 547
#145 Posted: 20:51:43 15/11/2016
Quote: Bifrost
Quote: TrapGiant

It should work, as WiiU's Wii mode changes nothing about the game.

Thank you, Bifrost. I have a wii, no wiiu though. smilie We got a wii like, two months before the wiiu came out.
Someone should really make a stickied thread with CC Reset Solution, or Activision should make a $5 magic item single pack so that when you put that item and a CC on the portal, it resets the CC. They'd make loads of money. smilie
---
"Science is a horizon to search for, not a prize to hold in your hand..."-Smart Waddles
PainterRex Blue Sparx Gems: 881
#146 Posted: 15:58:26 21/11/2016
Does anyone know if the reset works on SSA wii or Giants Wii U?
Kevin16 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4524
#147 Posted: 16:16:31 21/11/2016
Lol Wendel basicly just kills your Imaginator.
---
what even is this site anymore lmao
First | Previous | Page 3 of 4 | Last
1 2 3 4

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me