Page 1 of 1
Global save file is corrupt
kaosmumishot Emerald Sparx Gems: 3271
#1 Posted: 23:57:58 09/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Playing Skystones Overdrive last night and at the end of the game the screen froze. Tried everything to unfreeze it, nothing worked so I turned my Xbox360 off and then back on. When it came back on a screen came up telling me that the Global Save File is corrupt and asking if I wanted to delete it or continue.

I didn't want to delete it in case it's able to be salvaged but when I hit continue it took me back to the start of the game like it was the first time I've ever put the disc in. So my question is, have I lost everything or is there a way to save it (no I don't have a backup unfortunately). Because if it's all lost I'll just have to play through again some day. Crap game shame it couldn't have been one of the other Skylanders games I would happily play those again. Not keen on redoing Superchargers but I do love Skystones Smash.
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#2 Posted: 00:36:19 10/10/2016
where else would this go..
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9988
#3 Posted: 00:41:06 10/10/2016
SuperChargers board. I wish I knew how to help but no idea.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 01:44:54 10/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
where else would this go..

From the bit of research I've done it's a problem that's also occurred in TT and SSF, so whilst it's happened to occur in Superchargers with me, it didn't seem to be a specific Superchargers problem.

So did you have any thoughts on the actual problem or are you only concerned with post placements?
parisruelz12 Diamond Sparx Gems: 7569
#5 Posted: 05:23:00 10/10/2016
Wasnt in a good place when I typed that, sorry.

Moved to SuperChargers!
---
looks like ive got some things to do...
newkill Emerald Sparx Gems: 3975
#6 Posted: 06:46:05 10/10/2016
Random crash during an autosave, you can't repair it.
---
bye
#7 Posted: 08:18:21 10/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: parisruelz12
Wasnt in a good place when I typed that, sorry.

Moved to SuperChargers!

All good
#8 Posted: 08:19:20 10/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: newkill
Random crash during an autosave, you can't repair it.

Well that's unfortunate. I didn't like playing it the first time around but I feel I have to redo it. If nothing else I want to be able to play Skylanders Overdrive.
fairyland Emerald Sparx Gems: 3800
#9 Posted: 17:25:29 10/10/2016
When it's corrupt then the save is history and there is no getting it back unless you made backup saves. I've had it happen to me twice with SuperChargers on the Xbox last year and I've tried various online programs to get it back to no avail.

So basically for the next time you need to learn to copy the save onto a secondary storage unit when you finish the game for the night or buy gold and use their cloud service for your save back ups.

When I lost all my saves for TT, Giants and SF due to a hard drive crash, I got other people's completed game saves off the internet and reassigned them to my name rather than replay and rebeat the entire game. I don't know if there is a SuperChargers save floating around there or not, but it's what I would do rather than replay and rebeat SC over again.
---
Stay Cool!
#10 Posted: 23:15:44 10/10/2016 | Topic Creator
IT'S ALL THERE I'VE LOST NOTHING!!!

Not sure how that's happened but I put the disc back in and again it came up saying it was corrupt and asking if I wanted to delete or continue. So I went back to the Xbox home screen and scrolled across to the hard-drive to delete it off there instead of via the game. When I opened it I could see the corrupt file but all the slot saves were underneath it. So I deleted the corrupted file and expected everything else to disappear but it didn't. So I went back and opened the game and everything was exactly as it was. I play using Save Slot 4 and everything was still there, full completion etc. Very happy. Oh and yes I've backed it all up now onto USB.
#11 Posted: 02:59:02 12/10/2016 | Topic Creator
No, no sorry I was wrong. I thought everything was still there but only some of it's there. I have all my Skystones somehow, and each chapter is unlocked since I had finished it, but I have none of the hats that I found/purchased. I am on Level 1 Portal Master Ranking, none of the chapters are shown as being completed even though they are unlocked etc.

So I will have to play the game all over again. But fortunately in the meantime I can still play Skystones Overdrive which is really the only part of the game that I enjoy.
jesse217 Blue Sparx Gems: 696
#12 Posted: 00:06:32 18/10/2016
Maybe this should be your lesson on backing up save files, always good to be prepared.
---
Currently playing:
Resident evil Revelations, Sword Art Online Hollow Fragment
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me