darkSpyro - Spyro and Skylanders Forum > Skylanders: Imaginators > Unlocking duplicate gear increases their stats
Page 1 of 1
Unlocking duplicate gear increases their stats
B-BOB358 Yellow Sparx Gems: 1029
#1 Posted: 19:47:07 09/10/2016 | Topic Creator
So these appeared on the Microsoft store. Putting aside the in game digital purchase issues, what's interesting is that it's stated that...

NOTE: DUPLICATE CREATION PIECES WILL ENHANCE THE STATS OF ALREADY OWNED CREATION PIECES. DISTRIBUTION OF CREATION PIECES IS RANDOM

I haven't seen this mentioned at all before .

Does this mean even once we've collected all the parts , that gear will still keep appearing from imaginite and increase that gears stats? If so, bravo TFB for not continuing the stardust debacle of SC.

We've potentially got some long, long, long term small reward progressions here.

But it's also possible that these stat increases are only the result of these in-game purchases of these imaginators chests.

[User Posted Image]
---
SA & Giants are the best skylanders games. I miss the old style.
PwnageFTW Yellow Sparx Gems: 1716
#2 Posted: 19:50:19 09/10/2016
So I was right, duplicate gear does increase stats of that gear
---
Quote: Carmelita Fox
YOU’RE ALL DUMB SHEEP!!!!
Bifrost Diamond Sparx Gems: 9943
#3 Posted: 19:51:08 09/10/2016
Yeah, but that also has the nasty drawback of going too OP with certain common gear. You might be all happy with your Training Sword but it gets boring if you're oneshotting everything on nightmare because you had it buffed too often.

Also, wow these chests are still expensive.
---
SO I'LL GIVE YOU WHAT YOU WANT
(What I need is never what I want)
#4 Posted: 19:55:39 09/10/2016 | Topic Creator
Quote: Bifrost
Yeah, but that also has the nasty drawback of going too OP with certain common gear. You might be all happy with your Training Sword but it gets boring if you're oneshotting everything on nightmare because you had it buffed too often.

Also, wow these chests are still expensive.

I don't think it's gonna be super possible to buff gear completely. For one your gonna have played so much of the game by the time you get to this point that your probably not gonna want to keep playing lol .

And Even common gear won't be that common coz there's over 500 gears pieces alone.

stat increases are probably small too, like 5+
---
Edited 2 times - Last edited at 19:57:21 09/10/2016 by B-BOB358
TheToyNerd Gold Sparx Gems: 2137
#5 Posted: 19:57:16 09/10/2016
I swear to god... I hope that you only get duplicates AFTER you unlocked everything. Otherwise, **** RIGHT OFF ACTIVISION!
Takadox360 Gold Sparx Gems: 2852
#6 Posted: 19:58:48 09/10/2016
You can get duplicates? Wow trash.
---
i am trash
#7 Posted: 20:02:39 09/10/2016 | Topic Creator
We haven't had reports of duplicates from the people that have the game already yet, so it's possible these duplicates only appear with purchase of these chests or after you've collected everything
---
AdamGregory03 Gold Sparx Gems: 2156
#8 Posted: 20:08:26 09/10/2016
Is this for duplicates in the game or duplicates you get from the Mystery Chest?
---
Golden Queen did nothing wrong and she is best evil waifu.
Check this out! Please?
#9 Posted: 20:19:24 09/10/2016
Quote: AdamGregory03
Is this for duplicates in the game or duplicates you get from the Mystery Chest?

I assume both. I hope duplicates aren't a regular occurrence.
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#10 Posted: 01:44:36 10/10/2016
Quote: TheToyNerd
I swear to god... I hope that you only get duplicates AFTER you unlocked everything. Otherwise, **** RIGHT OFF ACTIVISION!

Looks like I might have been right.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#11 Posted: 21:47:20 10/10/2016
Great
just
great

as a note this pobrably means the grinding is unbalanced without microbull****
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 21:48:59 10/10/2016 by Akseyomiht
Tigorus Emerald Sparx Gems: 3589
#12 Posted: 21:53:00 10/10/2016
Let's not act too surprised here. While the combinations might be infinite, we knew the unlockables weren't. To be honest this is great. I just assumed we'd get something lame like gold but to actually upgrade (I'm assuming by upgrading it's simply increasing the piece you have to the next higher tier) your duplicate piece is actually useful. I just hope it's as Drawdler said and there are no dups. until you've unlocked everything.
Akseyomiht Yellow Sparx Gems: 1494
#13 Posted: 22:08:51 10/10/2016
Never trust a publisher to do something that wont **** everything up
TakeYourLemons Gold Sparx Gems: 2350
#14 Posted: 22:53:10 10/10/2016
Quote: Tigorus
Let's not act too surprised here. While the combinations might be infinite, we knew the unlockables weren't. To be honest this is great. I just assumed we'd get something lame like gold but to actually upgrade (I'm assuming by upgrading it's simply increasing the piece you have to the next higher tier) your duplicate piece is actually useful. I just hope it's as Drawdler said and there are no dups. until you've unlocked everything.

We shall see. I know BattleCast wasn't designed that way, by way of reference. My gut is telling me that a certain number will only be unlockable with chests, and that it will be possible for it to dupe unlock without having them all since they are allocating certain pieces to certain things, such as CCs. Otherwise, I think these mystery chests would go unbought. My .02. I think the chests are going to be this game's cash grab for pieces. I'm over the "gotta have it all" phase on this relationship, unless I know there's a piece I need for creating my Imaginator.
Edited 4 times - Last edited at 22:57:29 10/10/2016 by TakeYourLemons
juarmo Blue Sparx Gems: 749
#15 Posted: 23:03:46 10/10/2016
I might get a lot of hate, and maybe even accused of flame baiting again, but... I only have a few ideas for Imaginators, and I only have 1 concrete one: replicating Sir Hoodington.
So, there are only 4 pieces of gear that concern me at the moment (one of each type):
Shoulderpad: Double Guards
Bracelets: Spike Bracelets
Leg Guards: Ol' Faithful Leg Guards
Backpack: None
Weapon (Sword): Laserblade

I want to be able to boost their stats ASAP. From what I can tell, all of those are weak by default. (Even the one that i THINK is supposed to be mythic/ultimate [the sword has less than 20 attack...)
(Besides, I've waited 4 games for a way to actually boost the stats of SOMETHING without hats... [SC challenges didn't do it 4 me. The stat boosts were small [not like the large boosts from heroics did much, so... Even more pointless smilie] I don't want to wait any longer for any partial reintroduction of RPG elements)

Along with the other 4-10 other pieces of concern to me atm.

(I don't know what they are called, exactly how they look, or even if the right kinds exist [non-skeletal backwards knee plox]) On one hand, if you want to have the full collection of parts to choose from to see what's available and weigh your options, I doubt the creator app will have duplicates, plus it's a better way to test your designs without committing to a class.
It'll take a while to get all your parts on the app alone, (timed chests) but it's a tad more reliable, plus you can speed up the process by "chirping" Imaginators with parts you don't have on the app to speed things along. (Which actually makes it faster still, bc you can add all the parts you have in Imaginators to the app, but the parts you find in the app are only usable if you order a card or print until you find it in the console version), and lastly, you can unlock Sensei exclusive parts for the app to test out if you really need a Sensei's parts for what you have in mind (It's a safer, more reliable, and quicker method of getting the full selection of parts.)

TLDR: The app is an overall better way to fine-tune the asthetics, so being able to get duplicates without having everything is more desirable IMO, because it allows you to fine tune both function (in game), and form (through the app)
Heck, if you find a design you REALLY like, you can circumvent the need for a crystal, and just order a card.
---
My dream in life is to steamroll Skylanders Imaginators on Nightmare difficulty with only a Level 60 Sir Hoodington with maximum Fire Elemental Power
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 23:30:44 10/10/2016 by juarmo
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#16 Posted: 23:23:41 10/10/2016
So two questions

1. Are the mystery chests just a single use only?
2. From the packages of the chests that were seen is their any indication as to whether the chests will be bronze, silver, or gold.
---
PANCAKES!
#17 Posted: 23:26:39 10/10/2016
Quote: Titancrasher01
So two questions

2. From the packages of the chests that were seen is their any indication as to whether the chests will be bronze, silver, or gold.

1. Not sure. We assume it's a One time use
2. No. It's a complete blind bag.
Titancrasher01 Emerald Sparx Gems: 4325
#18 Posted: 23:34:36 10/10/2016
So two questions

That's disappointing and since I'm not keen on trying my luck to get 1 bronze and silver chest I'll just try and order them off eBay at some point.
---
PANCAKES!
#19 Posted: 23:38:12 10/10/2016
So two questions

That's disappointing and since I'm not keen on trying my luck to get 1 bronze and silver chest I'll just try and order them off eBay at some point.

I wouldn't advise on doing that just yet! We have to know if the Chests are can be reused on seperate profiles first.
Peppins Yellow Sparx Gems: 1924
#20 Posted: 10:10:49 08/01/2017
So what does this mean? I actually get tons of doubled items on imaginators, but what they increase? The item is even the same as before, same attack ecc..
spot Yellow Sparx Gems: 1528
#21 Posted: 12:47:16 08/01/2017
Quote: Peppins
So what does this mean? I actually get tons of doubled items on imaginators, but what they increase? The item is even the same as before, same attack ecc..

From what I can tell it boosts the stats of that item/weapon by a noticeable amount. For example I've choosen the most powerful weapon only to find that another weapon has become even more powerful a few weeks later.
Peppins Yellow Sparx Gems: 1924
#22 Posted: 14:30:18 08/01/2017
Oh yes now i've noticed it by writing the actual stats and wait for double, they increase in power (attack, armor etc...). There is a limit for the "upgrade"? smilie

I've found here a list with default (i hope) stats for all items: //www.darkspyro.net/imaginators/parts/

For example, the Dragon Bow have +60 of attack, right now i've got it many times and i've +120 of attack!!

edit. after 1 hour +/- i've got another one, now is +132 of attack.

edit2: i've also noticed that is also possible to get the exclusive item gived by sensei after opened the temple, for example i've got the crash bandicoot item "Crash Fists" again (one with crash, another one right now in a normal chest)
Edited 6 times - Last edited at 19:26:33 08/01/2017 by Peppins
Insane01 Gold Sparx Gems: 2038
#23 Posted: 00:39:25 09/01/2017
I've only used the treasure chest from the dark edition, but you do get duplicates. My strongest Smasher weapons are The Shriek and Lava Club. Strongest Quickshooter weapon is the Lightning Guns with a +142 attack bonus
---
" Am I the mad one or are you?"
then, again, "we're all mad here
"
Edited 1 time - Last edited at 01:20:36 12/01/2017 by Insane01
Page 1 of 1

Please login or register a forum account to post a message.

Username Password Remember Me